JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q6. Practicum in Christian Unity

:o I will strive to learn humility. I read somewhere of a plan to do something nice or helpful for someone every day, but this must be done in such a way that they have no idea who did it for them. This was such a good idea and I felt it would be good for me to practice this as I love doing for other people but want appreciation and perhaps payback. I do not have contact with a lot of people as I am retired so sometimes I do not have a chance to have contact with many people but I have found out that I can always pray for a special blessing for people or mention a need they might have to someone else who can do something about it. It is a form of humility for me to be able to do things without anyone appreciating or even knowing what I did. I must remind myself often that the things I do every day and even the strength to do them and the ability to do anything comes from the Lord and His protection and His love.

What act of Christian unity could I practise over the next two weeks to help me live out this truth in my life?

I will attept to maintain my fellowship with believers by attending my Sunday services, my Monday bible study and my Thursday Prayer and Meditation times.

In what area do I need to repent?

I must confess that right now that is the last thing I really feel like doing.

Over the next three weeks I will practice patience with fellow christians especially those within my congregation. There are time when I feel others should be eating meat instead of being satisfied with milk. I am speaking in terms of maturity in Christ. I am active in my congregation and get excited about the word of God. The bible tells us not to judge.

I have to repent of this . Jesus is patience with me and I should be with others. I am going to pray about this because I am not perfect myself. We all have gray areas that we need to work on. This question sure make you take a good look at yourself. I realize it is easy to see faults in others more so than we can in ourself.

:o I would say the one thing I need to remember, is that Jesus died for all, and that it is not flesh and blood I am fighting against, but principalities, powers, rulers of darkness, and spiritual wickedness in high places. For forgetting this at times, I need to repent. I have a tendency to loose sight of the real enemy's...the world, the flesh, and the devil.! God has been teaching me to look past the outer man, and to see others as He see's them; To realize that people who hurt others, are hurting (inside) themselves; so I will pray for patience. I will continue to allow God to teach me these things, by keeping a open heart and open mind, to the different way's He deals with us, as a whole. I have witnessed those that many had given up on, come out of deep deception, by the continual prayers, of those who loved them enough to never give up......This is faith, and hope, which I pray for more of. :rolleyes:

I would say for myself I need to work on patience.Sometimes I have been asked to pray for someone,and if I dont pray right then,and tend to wait,I forget.I want to be a prayful person,praying everday.Im sure there are a lot of things I could work on,.I know God will help me when I ask.Asking forgiveness and repenting is an everyday thing for me.So ,I am being honest,I love God and I know He is there for me,and the church,my friends ,neighbors and my precious family.Blessings to you all,Linda :rolleyes:

What act could I practice over the next two weeks... regarding Unity.

Not to devulge in Me at all.

Listen... just listen. Encourage with a smile, or hug or touch.

Listening to others... and praying on what was heard. It causes one to be more sensitive... and teaches us how to Discern. It causes one to be more Sensitive to the Spirit of the Lord and His leading. Not by what my heart desires, but by what He desires of me. Not doing things the best way I think I know how to do them, but to do them as lead by God. Just Listen and learn would be the best for me.

Area of Repentence? I allowed a few people I care about to put a stumbling block before me and it seeded Doubt. I felt Condemnation and fell into a depressed state for a few days... emotions (only because I love them) stirred up a feeling that caused me to think Twice about what God is doing in my life. The area of Unity could not have come at a better time in my life... for it only Confirmed for me what is truly in the heart of man/woman and God proved to me "cursed is he who puts his trust in man... for no good thing comes out of the heart of man" I want to believe everyone is good... I want to believe all people have good in them... but I now know that the Only Good that Truly comes from a Heart is having a Heart of God.

My repentence is for: allowing the Doubt, believing in man, getting angry and allowing myself to withdraw. But I rejoice in Him because He picked me up out of this SELF PITYING state and again proved to me HE IS THE VICTOR IN VICTORY... I AM ONLY VICTORIOUS THROUGH HIM THAT MAKES EVERYTHING PERFECT IN ME. FOR MY WORKS DEAL WITH FLESH AND HIS WORKS DEAL WITH POWERS AND PRINCIPALITIES. HE HAS VICTORY OVER DEATH AND AS MY CREATOR HE WILL PROVIDE HIS VICTORY THROUGH ME.

Victory in Jesus... my Savior forever.

What act of Christian unity could you practice over the next two weeks that would help you live out this truth in your life?

Lowliness and meekness .. this requires strict discipline and I struggle to discipline myself.

In what area do you need to repent?

Forbearing one another in love .. I can get easily offended and love is not easily offended.

6a.)  What act of Christian unity could you practice over the next two weeks that would help you live out this truth in your life? In what area do you need to repent?

6a.) I have found that prayer as a group unifies. Humility and love.

6b.)  In what area do you need to repent?

6b.) Thinking I know it all.

Thinking about the word act being something that is done, I want to be aware of everything that I do to reflect the elements that maintain unity. I desire this to be ongoing and not just for two weeks. However, it will take me two weeks to become focus on the truths. However, I can do all things through that strengthens me. I will please the

father if I yield to the Holy Spirit. Please pray for me!

This involves my actons as a wife, as a health care provider (my husband is currently being treated for cancer), as an aunt, as a sister, as a church workers. In fact, all tht I do can be improved by these elements. If love rules, these elements would reflect the truths that I have learned in this Bible study.

Most importantly, treating those who are different from me who have different interpretations of Scriptures, etc. I want to always remember that this is a sister or a brother in the family of God. I will seek to remember them in prayer while I love them! :P

In the next two weeks I pray the Holy Spirit will breathe on me to be an effective witness for the Lord and an encourager to the many elderly members of our congregation. I confess that I have had a recent pity party, fallen into the negative spirit of depression and doubt and allowed the dreary days of rain and clouds along the Mid-Atlantic Coast to dampen my enthusiasm for serving the Lord whole heartedly. I hope to start my days with both prayer and devotion (Oswald Chambers' My Utmost for His Highest is highly recommended), then listen to God for His will for my life each day. The timing of this Bible Study, this lesson, and this question are a God-send for me. lmc

Humility and patience. It's easy to say that we have a lot of patience no matter what situation we're facing but it's a different thing when we're actually facing a tough and frustrating situation. This is when we usually lose our cool. This is one of the things that I want to change in my life.

Living a life of love is my personal goal. The hymn "Wonderful Words of Life" says it like it is. I like the second verse the best:

Christ the Blessed One gives to all wonderful words of life

Sinner list' to the loving call, wonderful words of life.

Repentence is needed when I put "me first" over listening to the Holy Spirit and what I need to do to help those around me - my family, my friends, someone who needs help that I can provide.

One must love themselves before they can truly provide understanding and help to others. We MUST love our neighbor as ourselves. We MJST show God's love to those around us.

I need to not be irritable with family members when the problem is often my own attitude.

I will visit some friends in the nursing home.

I will make a couple of calls to people who need support in time of illness and family challenges.

I need to forgive the behaviors of some around me and speak up about the positive thoughts, ideas, and beliefs that we share concerning Our God, His Son, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit given to us as a guide. People in various denominations have the same basic beliefs. We needn't quarrel over matters of no real importance. We are all members of the same Body of Christ. We believe in the same God and His only Son, Jesus.

I need to work together with my friends for His will to come on earth that all may see Him and believe.

If I, if we, do these things, Unity and Peace will come.

Living a life of love is my personal goal. The hymn "Wonderful Words of Life," written by Philip Bliss in the 1800's, says for me.

Sing them over again to me, wonderful words of life.

Let me more of there beauty see, wonderful words of life.

Words of life and beauty. Teach me faith and duty:

Beautiful words, wonderful words, wonderful words of life.

Christ, the blessed One, gives to all wonderful words of life.

Sinner list' to the loving call, wonderful words of life.

All so freely given, wooing us to heaven:

Beautiful words, wonderful words, wonderful words of life.

Sweetly echos the gospel call, wonderful words of life.

Offers pardon and peace to all, wonderful words of life.

Jesus only Savior, Sanctify forever:

Beautiful words, wonderful words, wonderful words of life:

Beautiful words, wonderful words, wonderful word of life.

This is for all Christians, united as one, in Christ, not Babpists or Presbyterians or Catholics or Aspostolics or any particular group.

Over the next two weeks .......

I need to not be irritable with family members when the problem is often my own attitude.

I will visit some friends in the nursing home.

I will make a couple of calls to people who need support in time of illness and family challenges.

I need to forgive the behaviors of some around me and speak up about the positive thoughts, ideas, and beliefs that we share concerning Our God, His Son, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit given to us as a guide. People in various denominations have the same basic beliefs. We needn't quarrel over matters of no real importance. We are all members of the same Body of Christ. We believe in the same God and His only Son, Jesus.

I need to work together with my friends for His will to come on earth that all may see Him and believe.

If I, if we as Christians, do these things, Unity and Peace will come.

Repentence is needed when I put "me first" over listening to the Holy Spirit and what I need to do to help those around me - my family, my friends, someone who needs help that I can provide.

One must love themselves before they can truly provide understanding and help to others. We MUST love our neighbor as ourselves. We MJST show God's love to those around us.

I think that the act of unity and the part where I need to repent are the same. I need to be more tolerant of other people and too look harder and deeper at the good things God put in all people.

The act of Christian unity I need to practice for the next two weeks is that of humility and patience. I also need to be more outgoing and sympathetic with people and continue to develop lasting relationships with them.

The area of repentance is that of not allowing God to use me to the fullest, and I also need to continue to put him first in my life so the Holy spirit can deal with me and the issues facing me. I also need to repent because I asked the Lord to give me a praying spirit, but I have not done that yet anv any sin that I have committed against him.

• 2 weeks later...

I will do all that I can to follow the Word and love my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. I want my light to shine that men may see my good works, and the glory that I give to the Father by living my life as a true believer. I will pray for humility and love to continue to grow in me. Be forebearing in patience and understanding. I need to repent from not trusting God enough to work in MY life. I trust Him to work in others, but not me.

I need to repent from not being bold enough to do what God asks of me.

• 2 months later...

Q6. What act of Christian unity could you practice over the next two weeks that would help you live out this truth in your life? In what area do you need to repent?

Over the next two week I could pray for my brothers and sisters in Christ, especially remembereing Christian leaders and those suffering persecution in Christ's name.

I feel the need to repent of my failure to pray for the persecuted Church.

Q6. What act of Christian unity could you practice over the next two weeks that would help you live out this truth in your life?

I have a fellow believer friend that attends the same Cell group as I do. He

• 3 months later...

An act of Christian unity I could practice over the next two weeks that would help me live out this truth in my life is to accept all thoughts others have to live a Christian life. I need to repent in not stepping out in faith and worshipping Him as I know I should be. I need to have more confidence in myself through Him.

• 2 months later...

Question 6

What act of Christain unity could you pratice over the next two weeks that would help you live out this truth in your life? In what area do you need to repent?

6a

I think the answer to the first question for me - is to go back to(Eph.4:1)and to practice walking worthy of the vocation of my calling.

6b

I need to repent of my lack of patience,and my sometimes judgemental attitude.