JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. 144,000

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only ones (144,00) that were redeemed were able to sing a new song. They are the ones who didn't defile with women. They were able to follow the Lamb whereve He goes. For they were the firstfruits to God and to the Lamb.

:) The 144,000 provide an ideal for all Christians to emulate because they gave us a glimpse of the greatness to be an overcomer and to be faithful to the Lord.

They gave us an example to follow as redeemed from the earth: they were chaste, followed the Lamb wherever He went, they were the firstfruits of the harvest wholly dedicated and given as an offering to God, they were spotless and blameless and truthful. From them and by the grace of God we will know how to live our lives while still here on earth for the glory of our God. :)

These folks are saints that seemed to have suffered the worst of the worst and have stood firm in their faith - - they were overcomers - - although the text says blameless, I believe that the made mistakes, but repented of them after confession and grow closer to God each time. They brought each error to God in confession and asked God to forgive them, they did not had behind masks, they were truthful and honest, without guile.

They were pure and were walking the walk of their talk. They leaved what they preached. It was all for God. We should emulate their lifestyle in making glorifying of God first in our lives.

The text also emplies they were unmarried and did not defile women. This could mean that they were Nazarites as was the sect back then that did not marry. It doesn't mean that marriage is bad, but that if you vow todo something then stick to it. Just as we should stick to any promise we make for God.

Their example is for us to know how to walk and when we promise God, stick to it and live it! - - to glorify God in all we do on this earth. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Q1. (14:3-5) In what ways do the 144,000 provide an ideal for all Christians to emulate?

They made it! They were the first ones who found redemption by Christ's blood, thus being sealed and given as an offering to God. They stood on Mount Zion with Jesus. There was no falsehood found in them, they keep their self

Q1. (14:3-5) In what ways do the 144,000 provide an ideal for all Christians to emulate?

:P Dear Lord, would that I "emulate" to the best of our ability: Too late for the "virgin" ideal; I'm a Grandfather of seven. I love to sing songs of praise to my Lord Jesus Christ. Perhaps this "new song" is sung in tongues; if so I'm ready. I believe in the proposition of ONE DAY AT A TIME ... so today I shall not be defiled. Today I shall sing a new song. Today I will follow The Lamb whithersoever HE goes. Today I am redeemed from men. Today I will put First Things First. Today I will leave no room for guile or dishonesty. If it be Your Will Lord. Love ...Bro. Al :rolleyes:

For me this 144,000 souls are a symbol

of God's grace and promises for us.

This gives me hope and strength in doing

whatever is in front of me in the name of

my Lord Christ Jesus.

Also this prompts me to confess and repent

come clean and make amends to people

I have harmed and to people that I will

harm today.

I am constantly making mistakes and falling

down, but I belong to this fellowship of people

like me that want to do God's perfect Will and

oh! dear God we fall so short.

That is why I am ever so grateful to be able to

participate with you my brothers and sisters

in this study of the Word of God.

It takes few minutes of my 24 hour day and the

rewards are inmense.

Thank you for sharing with me and I hope my

sharing helps you some.

BE WITH GOD ALWAYS. JESUS A.

I believe these 144,000 kept themselves pure probably in the midst of great pressure and temptation and they were found right with God. This is talking about physical and spiritual adultery. There hearts will be devoted to their one true love, The Lord Jesus Christ. You can see today the pressure and additudes among people and we are not just talking college or high school but seniors who are in adulterous situations and I think it will be so bad in those days. Let not any of us think we are above temptation because I think it is only by the power of the Holy Spirit and the strong hand of God that we do not fall as many will. Once again "we fall down and get up we fall down and get up we fall down and get up and the saints are just the sinners who fall down and get up". We need to pray for each other and our kids and those we see in the school yards and the school buses. Thank god for His mercy or I wouldn't be here.

God Bless

Jen

The 144,000 are the ones that has endured persecution on earth and are now ready to enjoy the eternal benefits and blessings of life with God forever.

They are spiritually undefiled because they are true believers who robes has been washed and purified by Christ's blood by His death.

All christian should be spiritually undefiled, pure as virgin, following Christ wherever He goes and they should be blameless.

Christian would do well to emulate the 144,00. They had the Lamb's name and His father's name on their forehead. To me this is a sign of approval by the Lamb and His father. They even had a new song and no one could sing that song but them.

;) The 140,000 represent those who endured persecution and came out victorious and are now ready to enjoy the fruits of their faithfulness. Their robes have been washed clean in the blood of the lamb. They are spiritually pure as they remained to Jesus and have received God's reward for faithfulness which is available to all who believe and receive.

They were pure and were walking the walk of their talk. They leaved what they preached. It was all for God.

The only ones (144,00) that were redeemed were able to sing a new song and they where undefiled by women. Christians to emulate because they gave us a glimpse of the greatness to be an overcomer and to be faithful to the Lord. We strive to be prefect and with the help of the Holy Spirit we can live a pure life and be pleasing unto the Lord. When he returns he is looking for a church without spot or blemish.

The only ones (144,00) that were redeemed were able to sing a new song and they where undefiled by women. Christians to emulate because they gave us a glimpse of the greatness to be an overcomer and to be faithful to the Lord. They were pure and were walking the walk of their talk. They lived what they preached. It was all for God.

These are saints who are sealed for eternity and are all in heaven with the Lord. Their characteristics are chaste in contrast to the devotees of the pagan cults and they avoided fornication. In loyalty they follow the Lamb wherever He goes and their earthly service may have led them to death. They sing a unique song, and each have a story to tell of God's grace in their lives as we do also. Their truthfulness shows them to be Messiahs followers. Ethically blameless, they follow the Lord.

[in what ways do the 144,000 provide an ideal for all Christians to emulate? ]

We may look at their example, in being over-comers...holding on to gain the promise's for all that 'stand until the end' :lol:

Just as God had the remnent in Israel, that never bowed their knees to Baal, so will He have those at the end, that held on, and refused to compromise with this world.

love you all...jaunita

The 144,000 were redeemed by the blood of the Lamb.

They were chaste-refraining from sexual immorality and keeping themselves pure

Kept themselves from being defiled by relationships in the pagan world system

Followed the Lamb where ever He went

Spotless thru the atoning blood of Christ

:lol: These 144,000 Christians set up an example to all of believers, how to keep ourselves pure and what qualities and beliefs render us to be with our Lord and King Jesus Christ in his heavenly fellowship and follow him wherever he goes as his entourage and praise team. May God give us all the wisdom, faith and courage with help of Holy Spirit, to go through the persecution on this earth for his name sake and enable us to be in that group acceptable to Lord Jesus Christ.

They are faithful to the Lord God alone, and have not served other gods.

Their speech and conduct is pure.

They obey the Lord Jesus Christ and are completely dedicated to Him.

They are blameless, cleansed by the blood of Jesus.

This is something all Christians should emulate, because they are prepared for the Lamb

The 144,000 were commited toGod and they live a holy life.We should strive to that commitment.Continue offering the gospel to the lost so many others will come to faith in Jesus Christ,as well as to encourage our brothers and sisters in Jesus Christ,and lifting each other up in prayer to our Father in heaven.Christians must stand out,be "luminous" by the light of Jesus Christ.We must represent and be followers of the Lord,stay pure and without sin, covered by the Blood of The Lamb..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The 144,000 stand for all those who follow the Lord thus the Lord dwells in them. Being a follower of Christ, faithful and true, is to imitate Christ himself and become like Him in all ways. He was sent here to earth to show us the way, the truth and the life, how to be fully human, to live as the Father created us, perfect and holy as He.

Those who do follow sincerely Christ, conform to the standards of life God gave to obey in how to live like His Son did. He gave visible example to us while on earth and those today who conform provide for all Christians example like Jesus was for others when he walked the earth. These (144,000) the followers of Christ imitate Christ and are model or example to those who do not know Christ for Christ is invisible but dwells in those who make Him visible in their beings.

Verses 3-5 tells us about who the followers are (the 144,000):

1. they worship before God in the presence of others- given to sing a new song

2. they are the redeemed - they have the Spirit and it dwells in them

3. they are lives lived in purity (they do not defile themselves with others)

4. they follow the lamb and go where He says

5. they are blood bought and washed for God by Christ Jesus

6. they do not lie

7. they are the blameless