JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Book of Life

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:huh: The Bible tells us if we believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and confess Him withour mouth we shall be saved. This is just the beginning. If we believe and are saved we will act like it. We will walk the walk and talk the talk. We will carry out the great commission, "Go and teach all nations". We will put God first in our lives and make all decisions based on the Word. We will love as He loves, help as He helps and walk in the way He walks. Our first and last and every thought of the day should be "What does God's Word tell us about that?" All decisions should be made based on the Word and after prayer. To my mind theree then is no question of where my name is written.

Q4. (20:12-15) Here is a serious question for each of us -- not one we should respond to with pat answers. What assurance do you have that your name is written in the Book of Life?

It may be a "pat answer", but I truly believe it! I accepted Him as, not only my Savior, but as my Lord of my life! I have shared that with others, taught His love for us to those in the Bible studies I led in Far East Russia as well as to the children in the orphanages there. Therefore, I have told others (with my mouth) that He is my Lord and invited them to join me in praising Him! He said He would stand up for me if I was not ashamed to stand up for Him! Jesus is honorable! He does what He says He will! Why should I doubt that my name is in His Book of Life? Someone said "He is honorable and does not lie!" I would not dishonor Him by doubting His Word! :o

The Bible says in 1 John 4:13 - That John was writing this epistle so we would know that we have eternal life. He was writing against false teachers who were promoting Gnosticism and salvation belief other than Jesus. The gist of the letter was that we could know by believing that Jesus came by water and blood and that God has given us eternal life in his Son. If we have the Son we have life. We can know we have the Son because we love our neighbors as ourselves and because we keep God's instructions. God gave us the perfect example of love by coming in the flesh to die for us and likewise we should lay down our lives for our brethren. It is an act of will, to give to someone in need, not just those folks in our lives, but all folks that the Spirit brings to us.

Can we be sure? the answer is yes. It doesn't mean that we will not slip and commit a sin - - we will - - but the key is that it is not habitual - - it is not a lifestyle or a thought process for us. We should not let our heart condemn us when we don

Q4. (20:12-15) Here is a serious question for each of us -- not one we should respond to with pat answers. What assurance do you have that your name is written in the Book of Life?

I know my name is written in the book of life because our Lord is my life. (Romans 5)I may not have all the talents in the world and I may not be the best preacher or teacher. But I walk the walk. Yes, I stumble at times, but I confess, repent and continue on. Jesus Christ is my foundation and I let people know. Romans 1:16,

The Holy Scriptures tell us that if we believe, follow the Commandemnts, put God first in our lives, share the word of God, Teach the word of God, and ask for forgiveness of our sins that we would not have to question whether our name is written in the book of life or not. When we have to wonder or worry then that only means that there are alot of things we are not doing as Christians, as Child of God.

This is a little simplistic but I figure even on my darkest day that God is not

going to let go of me and I'm not letting go of Him so we are bound into eternity forever :rolleyes:

susan

I have ask the forgiveness of my sins and Jesus is just and faithful to forgive those that ask. I know without any dough that Jesus lives in my heart and he is my Lord and my Savior, He is the son of the living God and no one or anything can ever change what is in my heart. He gave all a measure of faith as long as we hold to that faith and trust in him stay true to his word we shall reign with him in heaven. Do not let go of your faith that is the one thing that Satan seeks from us, if he can make you dough then he has won your soul.

1Jo 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Jhn 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

THANK YOU JESUS FOR SALVATION, FAITH AND MERCY. HALLELUJAH :rolleyes:

God's Word says if we believe on the name of the Son of God we shall be saved. I have done that and He is Lord of my life. I placed my trust in Him and my life was changed transformed from the kingdom of darkness to the kingdom of light. When the roll is called up yonder I will be there!

I love you all!!

God Bless

Jen

NKJV) John 5:24 " Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.

(NKJV) Romans 8:16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,

NKJV) John 1:12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:

NKJV) Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; [it is] the gift of God,

We are all given a measure of faith and with that faith through grace Jesus has forgiven us and we are not joint heirs with Jesus and shall reign with him forever nothing or no one can take your faith from you. It is your free will to except or not except and I except and believe the word of God.

We are saved by Grace. The grace of a Loving God.

We are saved by faith. Faith in the Lord Jesus the Christ.

For there is no other name in heaven or on earth by which we can be saved.

Acts 16:29The jailer called for lights, rushed in and fell trembling before Paul and Silas. 30He then brought them out and asked, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" 31They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved--you and your household."

If we believe and stand firm then our unsaved family will be saved as well. Halleluia!

I know that I am saved and I am a born again christian.

I accept Jesus as my Lord and Savior. I believe in my heart and have confess with my mouth that he is Lord. I believe Jesus is the only begotten son of God that gave His life for my and your sins. He gave his life that we might have everlasting life. I believe he rose and now rules in the heavens.

I believe He is soon to return. Before God's word fail heaven and earth shall pass away. According to what has been said, I accept Jesus and live accorcing to His word, my name is written into the book of life. Thank God for the gift of life!

I know that my name is in the "book of life" because I accepted Jesus as my Savior when I was between the ages of 11-13. It was during a vacation bible school.

After explaining the gospel, the pastor asked all those who wanted to accept Jesus into their hearts to come forward. I was one of the ones that did.

I confessed that I was a sinner, accepting by faith that only Jesus was capable of taking the punishment for my sins. Thru the blood of Christ my sins were forgiven, Jesus became my Savior and later my Lord, and at that moment my name was added to the "book of life."

I have to confess that I don't always allow Christ to reign in every aspects of my life, but little by little I'm learning to yield.

Assurance that my name is written in "The Lambs Book of Life"? Gods word is Truth and Life.John 3:16,For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Jesus revealed,that the kingdom would come to the whole world.

~The entire gospel comes to a focus in this verse.

~Receive this new life by Faith.

~To Believe,is more than intellectual agreement(mental power of understanding)that Jesus is God,knowing he alone can save us,putting our trust and confidence in him.

~It is to put Jesus Christ in charge of our present plans and eternal destiny.

~Believing is trusting in his word,and relying on him for the power to change.

What I do know is Gods ultimate victory over evil is found in the pages of the Bible"His Holy Word"which is a lamp unto my feet,and a light into my path.

Death is defeated,believers live forever with God.Amen

:angry: I am a born and born again christian , living in the body of Christ,actively participating in the corporate worship and trying to live a life acceptable to the Lord. However all this does not give me the total assurance about my name in the book of life.

It would be only by the grace and love and the redemtive power of the blood of Jesus Christ, that assures me of my salvation and inclusion in the book of life. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Even Paul did every possible thing lest he be found wanting at the last judgement.

My major assurance perhaps is Rev 3:20 "if any man open the door I will come in and sup with him and he with Me" I opened the door and love to "sup" with Jesus daily. I am made for good works and try to walk in them to glorify Him. But good works of the "natural man" are filthy rags. Only the ones Jesus has prepared for me to walk in count with Him. His Blood constantly covers my sin. He loves me and I love Him and His laws.

• 1 month later...

My assurance is His word, that is, what is written in the Holy Bible. The assurance I have is that Jesus died for me a sinner and that my sin is forgiven. I am forgiven through His grace. Bought by His blood shed and purchased by the Lamb for God thus in the Book of Life. God gives further command to obey (the Word) Him and worship Him. So it is a combination of the promise of the word but one must do what is written and to worship Him.

Whatever facts that are written in the Bible is all truth. I believe in the word of God and I claim his promises in faith and receive what He wants to give us all. My assurance is His word, that is, "what is written". I believe God sent His Son (John 3:16) to save us and I claim this scripture in faith by belief in Him. I am purchased by the blood of the lamb for God thus my name is written in the Book of Life by the author and finisher of my faith, who is my Lord Christ Jesus. Jesus writes my name in the "Book of Life". I know Him and He knows me. I have a relationship as well and when He speaks the Spirit in me confirms what He says to be truth. He is our Shepherd and He knows His sheep and we know His voice.

I am a follower of Jesus Christ, God's Son. God promised me as written in the Bible, springs of eternal waters through His Son which is salvation; eternal life. I am most grateful and thank Him and will thank Him always.

My assurance is the Word of God, the Holy Bible. The scriptures themselve testify about Jesus Christ and Jesus' testimony is the 'spirit of prophecy' and the spirit of prophecy is the Spirit of God. So, God and Jesus have the same testimony as is our testimony is to be if we are followers of Christ so is then the same destiny then as theirs and we too are written into the book of life by the author and finisher of our faith, our Lord God. My assurance in the word, and the word is the fulfillment of His plan for us then what God promises for us, He is faithful and true to His word as is His Son in what He will do for us, as is the promise of eternal life which is a fact. For Jesus does not lie as nor does the Word contain a lie.

• 1 month later...

This may be considered what Dr. Ralph calls a "pat" answer, but it's my assurance that I am a Child of God. First of all I believe God

• 4 months later...

I know my name is written in the book of life because I prayed the salvation prayer as a child. I believe Gods word to be true and therefore the only way to heaven is through accepting Christ and what he did for all of us - dying on the cross to take away our sins and rising from the dead - conquering death. There is nothing I can do that is greater then what Jesus did - and will do. :D

• 1 month later...

Book of Life/Salvation. Jesus is my assurance. Amen!