JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q5. Coming Soon

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am convinced it is very possible He will come in my lifetime. I'm not acting like it many days. I would be devoting more time to the eternal and His Word and in time of fellowship with Him and and thinking more of how others see me. Are they envious of the life I have in Him? Do they see in me the peace and joy that come from Him? How can they if I am not spending time with HIm?

God Bless

Jen

:rolleyes:

We are to watch and pray for the return of our Lord. We should live every day as if it is our last on this earth. I do admit that I would do things different if I knew the time and hour. I would be on my knee's praying the moment the trumpet blew and I would not have to think on other things but on Jesus alone. I would be reading the word more and studying more and I know that we all would Praise him much more because he is worthy of all Praise he has done so much and is still doing for us today. I want to be ready when he calls and I want to take as many with me as I can get to listen to the words of God and tell them Jesus is our Lord he was born and preached his word and died to get our forgiveness of sin. He arose so that we could escape the sting of death. I can't say there is much more that I could do different but tell more about him. I would not worry about the things that I feel I need to get done but work only for our Lord. That too would not be right he has made me to be the wife of a good man and I know my responsibilities as a wife must be done also to please Jesus. Thank you Lord you are not looking for me to be perfect but thank you Jesus I am forgiven. Hallelujah :D

I think it has affected my life already because we are to live each day as if it is our last. So much prophecy has come to pass already that we are just waiting for it to finish. I want to do more for Jesus today than ever before learn his word and obey it. I would do a lot different if I knew the day and the hour one I would not be working a job for money that would be of no use to me. I would go out and tell as many as I could get to listen to me that Jesus is the son of God he is coming back very soon. we need to stand up as Peter and Paul did it cost them their lives and that is a small price to pay for one soul in heaven.

I believe that my life would be taken up in a twinkle of an eye. To live with Jesus in Heavon. If Jesus would live on earth in today's society, I would follow Him just like the disciples followed Him. I would leave my job, so I could be near Him.

What I would do differently in my life would be to change the way I talked, and stay more in tune with what He is saying to me on a personal level.

God Bless You!!! :D

;) It would affect me just as it does now as I believe there is a good chance He will be coming in my lifetime. I want to keep my relationship with Hm active and remain close. I really don't think I would do anything differently but perhaps more intently, with more determination. I would share the joyful expectation that He will soon return.

We all should act as if Jesus is coming in our lifetime. We need to evaluate how we live this life of a believer. Ask the questions, Am I telling others of Jesus? Do I miss opportunities to tell them about Him? Many times I fall short and it grieves my soul. I pray daily for boldness to tell the world.

2 Peter 3:11-12 says Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, ...

We are to live holy and Godly lives - - even hastening the coming of the day.

We should never be satisfied. We should always desire to do more and do it better...We should be filled with joy and happiness - - in expectation of His return.

Shalom!

May the good LORD guide my thoguths!

The fact is that I am convinced that Jesus

lives in my heart in a way that is miraculous

I surrended and prayed and asked HIM to come

I opened my heart to HIm and I asked to be my

Savior, my King, the Director of my life and by His

Grace I am alive in the Spirit, by His Mercy I have

been forgiven and by His Love I am able to confess

to you that JESUS lives and I live my life one day at

a time as if I walk in His presence.

Many at times I fall during my day, but I am aware

of His mercy and I get up and repent and keep on

going and at the end of my day I go in my knees to

thank Him for another day and to review my day and

see where I fail short, He forgives me and gives me

the oportunity to start over again.

I am convinced that the book of revelation is a book

of truth and the world must be destroy, before a new

world comes as the book says.

Looking back at my life. My old life had to be destroy

before a new life come to involved me in the Spirit of

our GOOD LORD JESUS CHRIST.

I pray that each one of us do something different

today something different from the way we lived

yesterday and offer that to God Amen.

Be with GOD always. Your brother in Christ Jesus.

Jesus A.

Q5. (Revelation 22:20) If you were convinced that Jesus Christ would return in your lifetime, how would it affect your life? What would you do differently than you do now?

If you were convinced that Jesus Christ would return in your lifetime, how would it affect your life?I try to live my life as if He were coming back today; however, I am in the process of perfection and have many areas in my life that I need to die of. But I believe the two areas of my life that would be affected the most would be; to sharing the good news more forgiving others.

What would you do differently than you do now? I would to tell others about Jesus more often and in a bolder and more urgent way. I would also practice loving others without judging them and forgive my friends and enemies faster In Matthew 22:36-40 we can read abut the two greatest commands, the first being,

It would really change my perspective on things. I love the Lord and try my hardest to serve Him in as many areas as I can. I also work hard (although not hard enough) to be the Christian he wants me to be. However, I'm also a busy working Mom who is pretty overwehlmed.

So, if I knew He was coming soon I would, stress less, volunteer more,

and spend more time studying the Word. :D

peace

susan

I firmly believe that Jesus will return during my lifetime.

All one has to do is take a look at the current world around us to know that time is growing short. I think it is important to get the gospel out to others while we still have the time.

I just want to say how much I have enjoyed this study.

Revelation is my favorite book of the Bible and I've always wanted to partake in an in depth study like this.

Several years ago we were going to study Revelation in my adult sunday school class. However, our teacher at the time moved away and his replacement decided we should study something else.

Then my pastor said he was going to preach thru Revelation during sunday morning services. He changed his mind and decided to preach thru Matthew instead.

Needless to say, I was extremely disappointed.

So you can imagine how excited I was when Brother Wilson announced he was doing an online bible study on Revelation.

I pray that everyone else got as much out of this study as I did.

Amazing that this question is before me because I have thought about it. I do not know that He will not return in my lifetime therefore I have to live each day as this is the day. Being a child of God I would have to say that I would not do anything differently. Just think what his return will bring; no more sorrow, no more tears, and live with Him eternally. When all of God's children get together, what a time, what a time, what a time!

If I knew Christ was to return in my life time, there is very little I would change except to try harder to get to mass more often. I await not for HIS return but as scripture reminds us, only the Father knows the day and hour.

I would continue to do the ministry I do, to go to work each day and continue to be faithful in my prayer life. I would continue to reach out to others who have walked away from their church, for what ever reason, that one can only find ture happiness in Christ. I am blessed each day with what I have because I know all I have is a temporary gift from God to use in his Glory.

Christ has died, Christ has risen, Christ will come again. Amen

God Bless

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

It will be a great day for me when Jesus comes. I have lived my life to the best of my ability and according to the word of God. No, I am not perfect, no one is perfect but the Father but if we believe we try to the best of our ability to live life the way God wants us to.

I continue to live for Jesus Christ, working through the promised and now given helper the Holy Spirit. Because, I have lost many years without a deep study of the holy scriptures, I take every opportunity to delve into the scriptures to get know, more, what the Lord has for us in them. For example the present study of Revelation is wonderful experience for me in the Word, in extending the horizons of my knowledge of God's plan for the end days.

Whether Lord is coming now or later, I want to continue this fathful run. However I try to reach ,within my means to help the unreached and the unsaved, with the help of Word and Prayer. AMEN

:rolleyes: I'd have to say that it would make other things pale in comparison to this amazing event. Half the world was turned upside down when the twin towers were "planed", just one of millions of man's atrocities to man. This is insignificant compared to (i) the birth of Messiah as a human baby (which was noted by some shepherds, magi, and Herod by the death of all Bethlehem babies, prophetess Anna and an old man, Simeon), His life, death and resurrection, and (ii) His second coming in clouds of glory to rule the earth with a rod of iron!

I would have to, and indeed must, devote my life to preparing for that day - winning and discipling souls, prayer, and practising His Presence. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Rev.22:20,"A hard question."I am sure Jesus is coming,"but,as for myself,I can not say if he is coming in my time.I do know you should be looking for him to come,at any time.We have to watch for him."Watchman At The Wall".I really dont know what I would change.Im sure I would have to look at my life.I just "Hope I am doing my best.I am sure I mess up a lot,and I do know I can go to Jesus and ask forgiveness.You know in your heart what you have to do.We all make mistakes,we all sin.I believe we learn from our mistakes,and we must seek forgiveness,or how else could we live a holy life.

I am sure I would "pray more"..I would talk to others more about the salvation of Jesus Christ.Im sure there are a lot of things I would start moving up.

Remember the story in Luke 10:38-41~~Jesus visits Mary and Martha.Jesus did not blame Martha for being concerned about household chores.He was only asking her to set her priorities.Our main priority is God.Put God first above everything else.Everything will fall into its proper place.Maybe not the way we want it to ,but God knows best.So,if Jesus comes today,BE READY!~~Amen

• 1 month later...

Q5.(Revelation 22:20) If you were convinced that Jesus Christ would return in your lifetime, how would it affect your life? What would you do differently than you do now?

My life has changed since I have accepted Christ Jesus and know what a difference He has made in my life today. I am slowly changing.

Now if Jesus Christ were to returned that would mean the fulfillment of God's plan and I would be transformed in a twinkle of his eye to be like Him, completely transformed!! It would be like walking into another realm and still be alive, a realm we do not see but will live in for eternity.

I think of our salvation as walking on a journey towards the Kingdom and when we physically die or Christ returns we walk onwards and death is not effective; it is nullified, void. We walk straight on home to Abba Father. Amen.

I would not do anything different but, to keep learning through the Word, to keep growing in faith and to keep doing what God wants of me. I will continue to change, walk in faith and be faithful and true. I will say more often, "Come, Lord Jesus". I long for you Jesus and I wait for you Jesus is what I continue to say and rejoice when he does appear... like I do now when I get a sense of His presence. I will worship God and obey God, do as He asks.

You never know He just may appear in my lifetime. For it says, we do not know the time nor the hour when He will come, so it is best to be always ready. I am reminded of the scripture on the wise virgins. That is to have the oil in my lamp and ready when the bridegroom comes.

I do know after doing this study, I will call on Him more now and take all much more seriously than I had in my walk before. I see God is serious and so must we be in our commitment to Him. The outcome for the other side is not favorable at all. I am grateful to God and more so for my life in Christ, knowing what is revealed in Revelation as I have not seen the book of Revelation as what I have now going through it.

God bless you all and thank you Pastor Ralph, God's blessings be upon you too!

• 1 month later...

Q5. (Revelation 22:20) If you were convinced that Jesus Christ would return in your lifetime, how would it affect your life?

I would probably be doing more of what I should be doing right now; being an effective witness for Him. Bringing His Word to those who have not accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior.

What would you do differently than you do now?

I would try to change my attitude towards others. I sometimes find myself being very impatient and intolerant to others. I would try to keep my focus more on Him than on worldly things.

I was late joining this study, but I want to thank Dr. Ralph for the time I know it must have taken him to do this study. I have learned a lot and have grown in my faith because of this and other studies. I

• 4 months later...

I hope and pray Christ comes back in my lifetime. I think if I new when he was coming back I would try and reach more people with that fact and win them to Christ. I try to live as best I can but I know I fall short often.

• 1 month later...

:)

Q5. (Revelation 22:20) If you were convinced that Jesus Christ would return in your lifetime, how would it affect your life? What would you do differently than you do now?

What I am doing now is a result of my believing that Jesus Christ is coming. He is coming quickly for each and everyone of us, for ever and ever more Amen!!! :DNow I have much improvement to do and by far am not perfect, but that is why God is so gracious and gives us time to work the kinks out, because He Loves Us!!!

• 6 months later...

I believe that he has returned. He is here with us all the time as promised. It has effected my life in every way imagineable. I am completely transformed. Especially in the celebration of the mass where I am certain of his presence. I have changed virtually everything about my life since understanding and believing that Christ has returned and is everywhere.