JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Check in here

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings from NW Montana in the good Ol' US of A... my name is Larry G. Wilson (no relation :rolleyes: to Pastor) my wife Linda & I coordinate the outreach department for our local church. We also maintain and provide the hosting for our church web site Easthaven.org through our modest efforts at affiliate & referral marketing at Lightbuilder.com, which is how we were introduced to Pastor Ralph, through his excellent web marketing resources. We're looking forward to meeting new friends through this Bible study forum :D

My name is Russell and I am 54 years old, married with 4 children and 1 grandchild (with another coming any day now). I was born a Jew and accepted the Lord into my life at 3 AM in December of 1980 while watching a tele-evangelist on TV. The Lord has worked many miracles in my life and the life of those about me. I am active in my church and work with a recovery ministry I helped start called Alive Again ( Luke 15). I enjoy studying the Bible and fellowship, although I enjoy verbal interaction more than written interaction.................yet the more I get involved in sharing through email..the more I see certain advantages to it. I look forward to the study and I have already posted two answers. I like to arise early...sometimes 3:30-4 AM. I get on the computer and read the Bible and other stuff and check email.

Hello. I have participated in many of Pastor Ralph's Bible studies and receive much help and uplifting from them. I am a retired RN, have gone on many short and long term missions, including three years in Costa Rica, two years in Liberia, W. Africa, and three years in Far East Russia. At age 79, we have decided we need to be where the doctors speak the same language we do! Not happy with that decision, however, it gives me time to continue to pursue my writing. So now, I am an author with several magazine publishing credits, and now have a book published, "A Bruised Reed..." about Abe Lincoln's grandmother, Lucey Hanks. I look forward to meeting and sharing with all of you.

Hello, My name is Kelly. I can't remember where I first heard Pator Ralph's name. I believe it was via another email, someone was sharing his newsletter. Anyway, I signed up to recieve the newsletters and heard about this upcoming Bible Study. It was very timely. One of my New Years's resolutions was to get deeper into God's word and really try to understand and hear from Him. I've never done an online Bible study before and am looking forward to this one. I hope I can keep up. I am a wife, mother of seven, five of which I homeschool. So my time is very limited.

Looking forward to the study.

Blessings in Christ,

Kelly

Greetings y'all from the Great State of Idaho! I am originally from Pensacola, Florida and miss the ocean very much, but Idaho is an extremely beautiful place to live (if you like sub zero temps and lots of snow and icy roads to drive on and....oh sorry) Anyway. My name is Patsy, I am 53 and married to a very wonderful, spirit filled Christian man for 17 years now. We have 2 children age 34 and 25 and 2 grand children, both girls age 2 and 6. I work for the government and work 4 X 10's at a govt site 100 miles away from home. I get up at 3:45 am and catch a bus and get home about 7:00 pm Monday thru Thursday. I'm off on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. So the timing of this bible study is perfect.

We attend a Spirit-filled "Church of the Nazarene" (www.ifnaz.com) that we are really enjoying. My husband's "gift" is intercessory prayer and mine is worship music and hospitality. We have only been attending this new church a few months so have not yet gotten involved with any ministries.

I am very excited because God has me into His Word more than I am used to. We do a bible study at Sunday School at Church in James, we are doing a group bible study on Thursday nights on Ephesians and now this in 1 Peter. I am looking forward to learning more about our Awesome Saviour with all you folks. I pray that God will open our eyes to what He wants us to see and open our hearts to receive His message to us.

I have read some of your posts and you all sound very interesting and God led and anxcious too to what He has in store for us. So, I look forward to sharing this journey with you.

God bless you, Patsy

Hi Everyone,

I have just joined the study, and it is the first online study for me. I am, in fact, a little hesitant in doing things online, so this is quite a departure for me.

I am a Pastor's wife, married 24 years, and have 3 boys, age 19, 17, 15. The oldest just started Bible College, and since I have home schooled the boys, it was a traumatic experience for this Mom to send him off for the first time!!

I love to read, knit, cross-stitch, and practise calligraphy (although I am not very good at it. We do a lot of entertaining, and I do like to have an open door policy here at home.

Oh yes, I live in Ontario, Canada and right now it is -2 degrees F. (+ wind chill, I suppose). I also like to curl up next to the fire!!

I exercise my gift of teaching in a women's weekly Bible study we like to call REAL women (Rooted, Eestablished And Loved. (Find the Biblical basis for THAT one, if you like)

I guess that's all...

Looking forward to the upcoming challenge and joy of growing through 1 Peter.

Greetings friends,

I live in the far northern part of California. I happened upon the joyfulheart website just the other day, so the timing for joining in this study of 1 Peter was lovely.

My spiritual journey has been a long and winding one. The short version is that in my early 30's, living alone in the wilderness with 4 young children and my husband working away for weeks at a time, for 9 months of the year. One day that summer, I reached a point of desperation and called out to Jesus for help. I was immediately blessed with a palpable sense of His presence, love and assurance that I wasn't alone. I am blessed by that moment of grace to this day. I realized in that moment that my disenchantment with my experiences of Christianity was not about Jesus. Jesus loved me and had just been waiting patiently for me to ask for His help.

For many years following that day, I stuck with my opinion that the widespread decension among Christians stemmed from people trying to intrepret the scriptures, so I decided not to try to know the Word, but to just focus on Jesus' great commandments...to love God and love each other. I figured that would keep most of us busy for the rest of our lives anyway.

Just in the last few months, though, I have found myself wanting to know the scripture intimately and once I started studying, a hunger has risen in me that has surprised me and for the first time in my life, I think, I am experiencing the Spirit alive in the written word.

So, I am looking forward to sharing study of 1 Peter with all of you.

:D

I'm in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England - a Christian for 20 years who worships in a Methodist church. Been through a tough few years, being ill myself, then coped with my son's heroin addiction (clean now for nearly 3 yrs), now my husband diagnosed with aggressive brain tumour & few months to live - but God is sustaining us - we live day to day & the tumour is not actually showing up at the moment - has God worked another miracle? I find these studies inspirational & they keep me focussed on the important facts of our existence.

Hi

My name is Helen Aveyard and I will be 49 on the 1st of February and I live in Australia. I live in the Australian Capital Territory, Canberra, in the suburb of Kambah. I have lived here for 28 years. I have 2 children. Natalie who will be 31 this February and Daniel who will be 28 also in February. I was married before I became a follower of Jesus Christ. I am now married to a wonderful christian man, his name is Guy and he was born in Leeds. We have been married for 13 years today, Australia Day, 26 of January. Guy also was married before and he has a 1 son named Nathan. He is 20 years old. He lives with his mother in Queensland.

We go to Erindale Christan Centre, where Guy plays the percussion in our church worship band. I am involved in the ushers ministry. I also help when I'm not working, in Young at Heart, an outreach ministry for the over 50's. It is very successful.

Guy is involved in under 10's boy soccer. I work as a relief worker at a Child Day Care Centre.

I have never done a bible study on line before. This is all new to me. I am slowly finding my way around. I have read some of the answers to this study and I am enjoying them very much. I am looking forward to the rest of the study.

Hello! My name is Mary Ellen and I'm a homeschooling mother of two children. My husband is a youth minister pursuing ordination in the United Methodist Church and we live in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains.

This is my first online Bible study ever. (The Women's Bible Study Group at my church is taking the winter off, so I was looking for another in-depth study.) I'm a little unsure of my way around forums and postings, so please be patient. :)

Well, well, well.

God certainly works

in misteryous ways

and now I am sharing with you

about our first 3 part question.

LOST

Second answer: MANY AT TIMES I'VE LOST AS WELL AS MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS

I AM INPERFECT YOU SEE AND GOD IS WORKING TO MAKE ME BETTER, BUT HE LIKES

TO TAKE HIS TIME AND I AM NOT THE ONE TO RUSH HIM INTO DOING SOMETHING

JUST DO NOT HAVE THIS POWER.

OH, BOY, HERE IS NOT DIFFICULT IS JUST REAL HARD TO SURRENDER, CONFESS MY

SHORTCOMINGS, I MUCH RATHER CONFESS YOUR SHORTCOMINGS -:) THEN COMES

THE SERVICE PART WITHOUT EXPECTING ANYTHING BACK AND REMEMBER NOT TO

TELL ANY ONE ABOUT THIS. GOD REALLY DOES NOT MAKE IT EASY FOR A HUMAN LIKE

ME FULL OF MYSELF.

I PRAY FOR YOU PLEASE PRAY FOR ME I NEED IT BADLY.

MAY THIS STUDY HELP US TO GAIN SOME SELF CONTROL AND PUT SMILE IN GOD'S FACE.

JESUS AGUILAR.

Hello Everyone!

My name is Kimberly, I also am from Ontario, Canada except that today it is -24 Celsius with a significant windchill making it feel like -34 Celsius.

This is my first bible study ever and the first one I've ever done on-line. I am new to this and fairly young as I am only 23. However, my Uncle does bible study at his church and I have always been interested in doing one though since I am a student in Univeristy my time is limited to attend weekly meetings. Thus I am hoping that this independent-style study will be easier to balance. I look forward to studying this with all of you and may need some guidance from time to time. :)

Hi my name is Julie, from Ohio, I have been doing Pastor Wilsons Bible studies four years now, Praise the Lord for introducing me to these studies. I have found the best way to learn is to of course take your time, pray that you understand, to not read others answers before adding your reply.

Hey All! God's Blessings on you all from the "middle of the raod" state of Kansas! My name is Jim (everyone calls me Jimbo). I am curretnly serving as a youth/worship pastor part-time at a church. Last October we lost our pastor and the church has had a very difficult time...would certainly apprecaite your prayers. We are a small congregation, but I believe that God will use the people there in a mighty, mighty way.

I have a lovely wife, Teresa of 19 years (plus 5 years of dating through school). I am 38 and have been richly blessed with 3 lovely children, Daniel, 18, Stephen, 13, and Anna, 7. Plus 2 dogs, 2 cats, 1 bird, 2 hermit crabs...and 13 adopted (youth) children, and 8-10 adopted (local college) children. God has given me a large family...and I am deeply blessed.

This is my first online study and am alrady BLOWN AWAY by it. I have already benefitted just reading the responces to the first couple of questions. This looks to be a wonderful study. Thanks for taking part, and willing to share what God is teaching you. May He richly bless your efforts in working in His Word.

Your Fellow Servant!

Jim Rosendale

I originate from Widnes (England). I came to South Africa for 6 months to visit my mum and that was 22 years ago. I live like I said in Johannesburg, South Africa.

I have been married for 4 years to a wonderful husband, I have two teenage daughters one in South Africa and one in Australia and one baby of 1 years old that we adopted.

When we adopted baby Joshua, we weren't looking at adopting any child. But God put him in our path and we knew he was a gift from God.

My husband and I are involved in our church, we have a cell group every week at our house. We started going to church about 4 years ago and our lives have never been the same.

Hi

I'm Johann Moller and I'm from South Africa. I am also new to this format of Bible Study and think it is going to be better than attending night school. I hope that the non synchronous nature of the study will allow one to keep it up and also keep the home and work going at the same time.

I'm married and have a wonderful wife and two children. A son and daughter. We attend the Rooihuiskraal Reformed Church and I'm actually Afrikaans speaking and doing Bible study in English will be a new thing for me.

I'm an Instructional Designer developing Multimedia and Online learning for Unisa which is one of the largest Distance Education Tertiary Education Universities in South Africa. We have approx. 190,000 students.

I hope to get at least a third of these to study online.

:rolleyes: Hello to all, my name is Betty, and I live in Kernersville, NC, about 10 miles from Winston-Salem. I've been a Sunday School teacher for many, many years and have been active in a Baptist Church since it was a small mission. It's so thrilling to watch your church grow from the very beginning! I have been retired for about 5 years from the banking industry, and I am certainly enjoying my retirement, even with some health problems, but God is so good!!!

I am looking forward to this study and also learning about all the new friends who are studying with me. Have a blessed day!!!

Hello to everyone. I am 49 and live in south Louisiana. I have been waiting eagerly for the new bible study on 1 Peter to begin and am so thankful that Pastor Ralph has continued these regularly. Each and every one of them have been so helpful and right on time with tests and trials I was going through. Again, I have had questions about some of the verses in 1 Peter and look forward to the Holy Spirit's guidance through this book. I pray for each of you to receive deeper revelation through God's spirit as we dig which has such a transforming effect on our lives.

Hello to all, my name is Tamara, I'm 43 (gulp) years old, married to Eric for 14 1/2 years, and blessed with 3 beautiful children ages 13, 7, and 5. I'm thankful to be home raising them for just over 5 years now (since the birth of #3). "Home" has been near Lyon, France since June 2002, and prior to that was So. California -- so here in the middle of winter, I can certainly relate to Patsy in Idaho, at times longing for a beach and some warm sun.

I came across the Joyful Heart Ministries webpage while searching for clarification on a topic I was to teach to my small group of 7 year olds. The website held the answers I was looking for, and helped make my teaching more meaningful that week. I signed up for the newsletter and subsequently for this Bible study.

We haven't yet found the kind of sustaining Christian fellowship we were blessed with in So. Cal., and given French secularism it will take some time, so the online Bible study is truly an answer to prayer.

I ask, with all of you, for God's blessings and illumination upon us all as we pursue His Truth together.

Tamara

Hi I'm Kim E. from Texas. I'm just figuring all the posting stuff out, think I said hi in the wrong place. I was searching for some clarification on some study in Luke and found this site. I'm really glad to be here with you all. I hope to learn a lot from all of you. Internet study is new to me. I'm in church in my community with my husband Mark. I'm already getting a great deal out of the studies in 1 Peter. Just started today, trying to catch up.