JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Jesus Suffered for You

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christ suffered for us. We should follow in His foot steps. we were redeemed with the blood of Jesus. He bore our sins in His body up on the cross. He died for our sins. I am so glad that Jesus went to the cross for me.

Christ suffered in that He willing separated his Fellowship from the Father during the crucifixtion. Because of our sin, the fellowship Christ had with the Father had to be cut off and that would be an example of Christ's spiritual suffereing for me. For me, I often take the fellowship with Christ with flippancy, yet Christ had a perfect relationship with the Father, and that willing "given up" on the cross for me...

Q1. (2:21) According to 2:21, in what sense did Jesus suffer for you personally?

It was because of my sin that He died so horribly! I cannot shirk my fault included in all those whose sins needed forgiveness. Just because I am not the only one who has sinned does not erase my sin. Only by death is my sin paid for, and He died in my place--to free me from my sin and make it possible for me to be with the Lord eternally! I cannot praise Him or give Him anything that could begin to express my eternal gratitude! Only by giving myself in service to His other children can I even begin to express this gratitude. I'll be seeing "The Passion" next week and even seeing the horror of the physical torture will not begin to remind me of the even more terrible rupture of His separation from God the Father--because of my sin laid upon Him! I don't know how they could show that part, but it will be present for me all through the film. Of that I am certain! :o

1 Peter 2:21 tells me that Jesus suffered for me to be my example. In his great love for me He endured pain, suffering, humiliation, insults, separation from the Father and finally death - all for me. In turn, when I am faced with suffering for Him I must follow in His steps and not retaliate, not insult or threaten. I am to behave as He did.

I believe Jesus suffered both physically and spiritually for me personally. But of course for every individual personally. If I had been the only person on planet earth, He would have died for me. This is not an egotistical statement. Actually it is a commentary on His great Love. It is incomprehensible to the human mind. We can only take it by faith and know that each pain and drop of blood and all that He went through was for me and you. When I suffer I know I am sharing in His suffering yet my suffering is really nothing compared to His. I will never understand it and perhaps I will spend eternity learning of His Love for me. All I know is that I am thankful that He remembered me.

According to 2:21, in what sense did Jesus suffer for you personally?

As we have been called into a personal relationship with Christ, so must we share in His sufferings and live by His example and the ways of His 'holy' & 'living' Word. Since by works we can not be saved, only through His shed blood. The sinless sacrifical lamb. Who can comprehend this great mystery?

In 1985, I lost parts of and damaged fingers on my right hand. During the period of healing Jesus was so close to me. He strengthened me and carried me through. As I was talking to Him one morning, I said "Lord I can relate to the suffering you went through now" ( I was relating to my physical pain.) Jesus then spoke to my spirit and said this, "No Ed, it wasn't the physical pain that was unbearable, but the REJECTION of my love that hurt the most.

I was so overwhelmed. But realized that even when I thought I had a great revelation, I still needed His teaching. How do people live without knowing Jesus?

According to 1 Peter 2:21, in what sense did Jesus suffer for you personally?

Jesus suffer for me by going to the cross for my sins. Jesus did this willing for me and to redeem me to God. Jesus was alone on the cross because of my sins. He was

separated from his Father for the first time because of my sins. Jesus didn't fight those

who was killing him and didn't even hold a grudge he asked God to forgive them because they didn't know what they were doing. I pray and hope that I can follow his

example when it comes to suffering and I know I can only do this by trusting God and

Jesus and by following the leading of the Holy Spirit.

The pain and anguish, suffered by Christ in my place is the greatest gift that could be given. He not only suffered physical pain, but spiritual pain as well. I myself stand in awe of this gift of grace that he laid down His life that I might live. It was through the blood of the Lamb(Jesus) that all could receive forgiveness, and live with Him forever eternally. He who knew no sin died for all people who believe in Him and trust in the death and resurection for their salvation. We alone are not capable of paying for the punishment due us and I praise God that He gave His only

Son to die so all might live.

Jesus suffered on the cross for me for my sins. I am so glad that Ihave been washed in the blood of the Lamb. My Salvation has been paid with a price and has been given to me FREE.

According to 1 Peter 2:21, in what sense did Jesus suffer for you personally?

I think it's a very personal matter that Jesus suffered for me because He loved me so much more than I can ever imagine. I cannot conceive of anyone loving me that much, to suffer the agony of the cross and the separation from His Father just so that I and countless others could be set free from sin.

When someone loves you and suffers for you that much in spite of the fact that He had done no wrong, we should praise Him with all that is within us every day!!

Q1. (2:21) According to 2:21, in what sense did Jesus suffer for you personally?

According to 2:21 Jesus suffered as a prototype for me. He is the original, He is the pattern to which we look to conform ourselves and to allow ourselves to be conformed. He resisted unto blood striving against sin Heb 12:4 and never wavered. He set the example for me in that altough He was in the form of God, He humbled and emptied Himself to fulfill the will of God, not His own will. Philippians 2:5-8 "And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross."

He suffered for me setting the paradigm of faith in God, proving that God is faithful to His Word even in death. I can trust Him to the uttermost. 2 Corinthians 1:9 "But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead:"

He suffered for me in that He showed unconditional love for me. It was not just the Jews and Romans hurling insults at Him and driving the spikes into His body. Iwas there consenting to it. I was driving the spikes into Him and sneering at Him. The only thing I brought into this relationship was my sin. Paul summed it up saying in Romans 5:6-10 that even when we were enemies to God He died for us. What love! In this His example shows me that it is not about me, but about the lost souls heading for an eternity apart from God. It is about obedience to the will of God whatever the cost.

I could not begin to explain to you what a worthless worm I am. How true Jeremiah spoke that the heart is desperately wicked. If a man such as John the Baptist was not worthy to unlatch one of His sandals or a man such as Job despised himself and repented in sackcloth and ashes where does that leave someone like me? How did He suffer for me personally? Are there enough words to express my praise for Him? By this very act He said to me "to Me you are worthy , you have much value to Me, let Me show you" How could I ever again turn a sinner away or bear unforgiveness, or harbour resentment?

Beside having to suffer the physical pain of crucifixion, Jesus bore the sin of the world, MINE INCLUDED, to himself. I increased his pain by being a sinner, and increasing His burden. His pain and injury is my ransom and healing. His suffering was for me personally because his example on the cross teaches me how I am to react to the stresses of being a Christian. He was without sin himself, yet carried mine to the grave!

Jesus suffered for me personally by suffering for righteouness . He suffered that I might be saved. He put his self in my place. I am the one that sin. We are to follow his example; suffer for righteousness. This was the plan of God. He not only suffered physically but spiritually. We were the sinners, Jesus was sinless.

He bore my sins on the cross and suffered separation from His Father in Heaven, so that I might have eternal life. He paid the price for my sins, and endured all of the suffering without retaliation or threat, setting an example for me to follow on how I should react to those that persecute me. PRAISE THE LORD!!! :rolleyes:

We are called, one by one, person to person, (each brick in the temple of God having to be redeemed and perfected) to carry on as Jesus began, with a willingness to do whatever it takes (including persecution and suffering) in imitation of Christ, for the same purpose, salvation of souls. If the bricks are rotten, the whole temple is rotten. We have to function individually well.

Jesus suffered and died for us all. We should follow in his footsteps.

Jesus died for me personally to show the way. The way of humility, sacrifice, love and the freedom of the cross through his sacrificie. To set us free from death, to live eternally with him and be his bride.