JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Persistent Sexual Sin

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q2. (Jude 4) In what way does sexual sin deny Christ? If Paul is right in 1 Corinthians 6:9-11, that persistent sexual sin is incompatible with salvation, why have we Christians become so complacent about it in our culture?

Q2. (Jude 4) In what way does sexual sin deny Christ?

It is the opposite of what Christ taught but no different than any other sin.

If Paul is right in 1 Corinthians 6:9-11, that persistent sexual sin is incompatible with salvation, why have we Christians become so complacent about it in our culture?

Sexual sin is running ramp it as well as other sins and you can not change the heart; only God can. All we as Christians can do is share the truth, pray and live by example.

I am not so sure that people understand the empty space that a person has inside of them waiting to be made whole. If a Christian can not fix it fast then they give up. They want solutions as if the world was a microwave it self.

There are not enough Christians living by the example of love, and perseverance. Instead they live in condemnation of others who can not yet apply Gods love to their lives. We need more mercy, understanding and truth. Without love we have nothing (1 Cor. 13)

Christians have become a sounding brass; this only drives people further into their sin; love concurs all and we as a Christian culture have to get back to the basics of life which are Loving God first and then our neighbor.

Persistent sexual sin or sin of any kind shows a hardened heart, a heart for whatever reason has been hurt and is in need of healing. When a person totally surrenders to Jesus, then will the healing began but they have to see the love of Jesus living in Christians first.

Christians have got to come out of their holy huddles, their comfort zone, or place of safety; whatever you want to call it and shine that light that

2a.) (Jude 4) In what way does sexual sin deny Christ?

2a.) Jesus tells us, "{1.)If you love me, you will obey what I command. (2.) If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. (3.) He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me." John 14:15; John 14:23 & John 14:24.

2a.) (Jude 4) Paul is right in 1 Corinthians 6:9-11, that persistent sexual sin is incompatible with salvation, why have we Christians become so complacent about it in our culture?

2b.) One of my Bible study teachers shared with us, one view of why this country has gotten to where it is. We as a country presently have a low view of God. We have been blessed with so much, and with the "God is love" view so prevalent. God the righteous judge has been glossed over and lost. The view is that God loves all his children no matter what. They are right partially. God does love all of us, but those that think he will not hold us accountable with judgement are wrong with consequences that will have eternal impact. Low View of God = Low View of Sin = Low View of Bible (Word) = Our Need for God in our Lives! :(

Sexual sin denies Christ when it is used contrary to the way that God intended us to use it. Furthermore, it is not contained within the bonds of marriage . My Canadian

governments officials have totally denied Christ by putting their stamp of approval on same sex marriages.

We have become complacent about sexual sin in our culture because society and the business of becoming ."Political Correct" have taken first place in

our government , along with making sure that the voice

of God is NOT heard among our political representatives.

Q2. (Jude 4) In what way does sexual sin deny Christ? If Paul is right in 1 Corinthians 6:9-11, that persistent sexual sin is incompatible with salvation, why have we Christians become so complacent about it in our culture?

The Church is often called "the Bride of Christ!" It also has been referred to as the "New Jerusalem", those who have truly accepted Christ as their Master by the endtimes.

When a bride commits sexual sins, she is denigating her bridegroom. When those who profess to be Christians commit persistent sexual sins, they turn their back on their rightful "bridegroom", Jesus our Lord! That is incompatible with salvation! How can we expect to escape hell when we turn our backs on the Lord Jesus?

Why are we so complacent nowadays? It boggles my mind! We know what the Bible teaches, but we turn our eyes away--as if that would change the facts! Unfortunately, there are few "Pauls" today to call a prostitute a prostitute (yes, even those who aren't paid for their services fall into this classification), or a homosexual, or other sexual sins, etc. Why? Because we are afraid of being called names by the radicals who keep the rest in check by calling people "religious nuts", "homophobes", and other such . We need to stand up and be counted--dirty names be dammed! Politics be dammed! Lord, give us the courage to stand up for the purity and the moral standards You have set up! AMEN

:(

Sexual sin denys Christ because it is the exact opposite of what He taught. Living in sexual sin or any other sin is incompatible with salvation through the blood of Jesus Christ.

Christians have become so complacent about sexual sin in our culture today because it is everywhere and the world honors it instead of condemning it. It is easier to go along with the culture than to fight it. When we go along with it we are not taking our stand for Christ and what He taught.

All sin denies Christ and is incompatible with our salvation. That does not mean we are not saved but that we are not accepting the power that comes with our salvation. Our hearts contain all sins and continue to contain the possibility of any sin but as we accept God's power and look at our hearts we find they can all be overcome.

To be involved in sexual sin we are outright denying the Lordship of Christ and truth of the Bible as it relates the sexual immorality. We are giving ourselves a license to practice sin without worrying about the consequences. However, what a person believes will show up in how they act. Their immoral behavior will eventually be exposed.

Christians have become so complacent about persistent sexual sin in our culture because many denominations do not believe the Bible is the inspired inerrant word of God. Thus, they only take from the Bible what suits there immoral ways and dismiss the others part as irrelevant.

However, those to say they are Christian but still persist in immoral practices sighted in 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 need to reevaluate their lives to see if they really believe in Christ and His redemptive power.

Sexual sin is connected with our physical body. Any other sin may or may not be connected with our physical body. Since our bodies are temple of the living God and Jesus Himself dwells in our body, sexual sin contaminates our physical body, thereby denying the existence of the Lord in our lives. Its not denying Christ as Lord but denying Him as Lord of our lives.

Spiritual degradation started when we bifurcated the Church from the State. Moral decay started at that point and from then on till now, morality has been hit for a 'six'. From the grassroot level, there is no moral policing. Care not attitude and 'don't meddle in my affairs' syndrome rule the roost. Under these circumstances, we Christians have become complacent and don't wan't to dirty our feet as it were. That's the reason for the sorry state of affairs.

Two parts to this question and the first as I see it is if we indulge in sexual sin we are feeding the flesh which is under a death sentence from God and also we are quenching the (Holy) Spirit. The flesh and the Spirit are at war and the one we feed will prevail. Surely we are supposed to deny the flesh and avoid the 'works of the flesh' otherwise we cannot inherit the Kingdom of God (Gal 5:19 MKJV Now the works of the flesh are clearly revealed, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lustfulness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatreds, fightings, jealousies, angers, rivalries, divisions, heresies, 21 envyings, murders, drunkennesses, revelings, and things like these; of which I tell you before, as I also said before, that they who do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Jesus died so we could be set free from the lusts of the flesh and we are also to reckon ourselves to be dead to this world - and all its lusts. Also all of the sins people get involved in don't involve the body like fornication and we are to avoid it.

Part 2 of the question - about why we are so complacent to it... this is because of the lack of the fear of the Lord in the church, and the effect of the entertainment media. We're saturated with it from TV, movies books etc where people have affairs with never any hint of remorse or consequences so after a while in our eyes it drops from being sin, to being a "mistake" - like dropping an egg on the floor, to eventually being excusable and even desirable.

Cheers

Petero

In what way does sexual sin deny christ? If Paul is right in 1 Cor. 6: 9-11 that persistant sexual sin is incompatible with salvation why have we Christians become so complacent about it in our culture?

Sexual sin is the one sin we do against ourselves. If our bodies are truly the temple of the Holy Spirit then how can we be persistantly involved in sexual sin? This is spelled out in 1 Cor. 6:18-20. I think we need to emphasize persistantly here. For all of us sin is a daily battle as long as we are on this earth so no self righteousness here that I would never do that. If we fall away from the Word and prayer we can do that. It is the deceiving nature of our own minds and the flesh.

We are so used to seeing and hearing that we have become complacent about it in our culture. We need to take care of ourselves and nourish our bodies with the Word of God every day and constantly ask if what we are doing would bring glory to God so we will not be tempted. We need to pray deliver us from temptation.

This may not be the best analogy but I got stung by a yellow jacket and I ignored it instead of taking care of it right away by icing and now my foot is beginning to resemble a football and it is visible to everyone. We need daily feeding of the Word and communion with God.

God Bless you all and may He keep you from temptation and may your lives shine as lights of purity in the darkness that surrounds us and as CCS said lets come out of our holy huddles because it is only Jesus in us that is righteous.

Jen

a) All unrighteousness is sin. If one is to habitually walk in unrighteousness how can they be in agreement with Christ? Jesus came that the works of the flesh might be put to death in us that we might live a righteous life unto God. The newness of life is incompatible with the unrighteousness of sin. It seems that fornication is given a special category in that it appears to leave an indelible stain upon the soul. 1 Corinthians 6:18 "Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body."

B) It seems that we live in a relativistic society where equal deference is given to all religions and opinions in a spirit of tolerance. In the liberal society that we live it is probably good that people are free to express their opinions without fear of persecution. It is fine in the world who are lost in darkness and don't know right from wrong it seems but we are a city set on a hill, we are the light of the world. If the church does not make a clear and unwavering stand then its message is esteemed as good for nothing and it is trodden under the foot of man. This is not necessarily done in spite but because it is indistinguishable from the cacophany of other voices men do not recognize it. It is OK that we are narrow minded because narrow is the way that leads to life and few there be that find it. No man can come to God except through Jesus. This may not be popular and in todays "tolerant" society it may sound bigoted, but it is the Truth and the Truth can take care of itself.

If we proclaim Jesus Christ as our Lord as well as our Savior, being knowingly disobedient shows that proclamation to be a lie. This, in effect, denies Christ.

We have become complacent because it is very difficult not to be conformed to this world especially when its temptations cater to some of our most base fleshly desires. Also, we have a hard time distinguishing between toleration of other people and toleration of the sinful ways of other people.

You can go anywhere in this world and find that such conduct is legal. A lot of people seem to think if something is legal it is acceptable. People live more in conformity to the standards of their culture than to the standard set by Christ. When laws of the land permit centain conduct, we have to ask ourselves if that practice is permitted in Scripture.

Addiction is a very popular psychological word, even in Christian circles. In this culture it seems that if men or women are being immoral they are said to have an addiction. It seems to me that if the Lord Jesus is Master of our life, all other

Sexual immorality is an offense against God. God did not create the body with its sexual capabilities and drives to satisfy these desires indiscriminately. God made our bodies for His purposes. When we trust in Jesus for the forgiveness of our sins and eternal life, we are united with Christ. Sexual immorality is incompatible with our union with Christ. What is done spiritually directly relates to what is done in the body. We dare not think ourselves spiritual when what we are doing in our bodies is immoral. The Holy Spirit actually indwells the Christian from the moment of salvation. According to Paul, our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. Sexual sin is a sin against our own bodies. It is an obstacle to our spiritual growth.

Sexual sin denies the power that Christ has over us.....It also tells the world that Christ is not enough to satisfy our needs and that we must turn to other comfort.......therefore we deny the comfort He has given. We must give all authority of our life over to Christ or we are in denial of him.

Christ Himself is without sin. By calling us into relationship with the Father through Himself, He calls us to live a life in which we resist temptation, struggle against sin, and experience freedom from the entanglement of sin. The practice of any sin, including sexual sin, is to undermine our relationship with the Lord, re-establish the bonds with sin that were broken by the blood of Jesus Christ, and become a slave once again to the Enemy.

I think we have become complacent about sin for many reasons. Spiritual warfare isn't as obvious in our western culture as it is in other regions where the occult is mainstream, and Christians have to pay a price for being Christian. So we don't feel as though there is an immediate, spiritual consequence for our sin. We are also very individualistic, so the whole issue of accountability is pretty foreign to us. We all mind our own business, and we don't have to answer to anyone when we begin to embrace sin in our lives.

We have become intimidated by the outright immorality of our culture. "Everybody's doing it". So who are we to say we are wrong and they are right? Sin is so accepted in our churches now that we have forgotten that there is an absolute standard, that God is not into relativism.

We are complacent about sin because our relationship with the Lord is stagnant. If we were growing in a dynamic relationship with the Lord, we would be uncomfortable with our weaknesses and would be constantly struggling to overcome sin. The writer of Hebrews admonishes us that, in our struggle against sin, we have not resisted to the point of shedding our blood... That's a struggle indeed! (Heb. 12:4)

It is very clearly stated in the bible that sexual sins are a no no issue. Why we are so very complacent is something that I really cannot put a finger to except to say that we are imperfect and disobedient. We live in a society that not only accept infidelity but even glamourise it. Therefore, as a born again believer, I must hold on very closely to all those things that will not distant me from my Lord. For those who knows of other who have been unfaithful, wouldn't it better to exercise grace and love in restoring such people rather than pass comments. I think we can learn alot from how Jesus dealt with the woman caught committing adultery.

Sin is sin. Knowingly living in sin denies Christ by our not coming to Him with a "broken and contrite" heart. It also has us putting ourselves ahead of God. As a civilization we are replacing God with Darwinism and etc., and are even daring to rewrite the Word to fit our convenience. Someone says from the pulpit-"I am gay" the congregation then adopts the notion that there is no problem here. Satan loves the whole thing.

Later in the same chapter, Paul states: "All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who wins sexually sins against his own body...your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit...honor God with your body" (vv. 18-20).

God and sin cannot dwell in the same place. Since sexual sin is sin "against your own body," and "your body is a temple of the HS" the two cannot coesixt! Why do people commit sexual sin? --Why does one commit ANY sin? It is because he or she seeks/desires to gratify himself or herself. Every sin can be boiled down to this one fact: all sin is a result of placing oneself above God. Every sin, not just sexual sin, is incompatible with salvation.

But the truth is amazing: Christ lived a life "incompatible" with sin itself. By His righteousness we can attain righteousness to satisfy God's standard. Forgiveness and grace overcome any sin. The incredible truth that Christians have been forgiven should draw them toward God and away from sin.

However, we are all forgetful. We fall into sin so easily when we take our eyes off Christ. Part of the reason sexual sin is so prevalent today is that our eyes are drawn so easily to the immorality all around us. Our culture has desensitized people of today to the evil of immorality.

Sexual sin goes against the Lords teaching, and when you go aganst the Lords teaching you are dening Christ, when you go against any of God's ways you are dening Christ, for if you are not following Christs ways you are against Christ.

why are we so complacent, why are we not as bold, we should be bold when it comes to Christ, we should make our voice heard, but the voice of the ungodly is heard above ours. :(

If we don't obey Christ we are obeying someone else - satan. To obey satan is to deny Christ. We've become complacent and desensitized because sexuality has permeated every social layer in our society and has for a long time but is now getting much worse. It's implications are everywhere and bombarding us in every way. We need to keep in the word and in prayer so we can be sensitive and guard against it permeating our minds and lives.

Sexual sin denies Christ becuase it defiles the temple, your body. If Paul is right in 1 Corinthians 6:9-11, that persistent sexual sin is incompatible with salvation, we as Christians have become so complacent about it in our culture because we have been desensitised to it being everywhere..Tv, radio, magazines, etc.

Sexual sin denies Christ by turning our backs on the spirit of life within us, in order to indulge our flesh. The flesh is dead, the spirit living. It is more damaging to us than just any old sin in that we are commiting not only a sacriligious act against the temple of the Lord, but bringing someone else in on the crime as well, for something so fleeting as the fulfillment of an immediate fleshly desire. It is my opinion that the mouth is the most sacred part of the body. It is where our salvation is confirmed by speaking our faith. It is where we speak scripture, love, life, and minister to those in need. It is what God will use on us to change the world around us, and our very own lives. When we contaminate our vessel, the power of God is cut off in our lives. If we let it persist without repentance, we will never reach maturity---the prize--to be conformed to the image of Christ.

Why have we become so complacent about it? Desensitization. The enemy knows what they're doing, saying to our young ones "if it feels good do it" and "oral sex isn't really sex". I think it is also a demonicly propagated myth, that we will never get there, (conformed to Christ), in order to make people complacent in their sin. Christ said in the last days, greater works will his followers do than he. Pretty high calling. Can't get there if you don't belive you can. Can't get there if your temple is all sinned up, especially the mouth you speak your faith with. God can't dwell in unholiness.