JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• 2 weeks later...
Q1. (2 Peter 3:1-2) Why are reminders so important for Christians? How do you remind yourself of God's promises? How do you remind others?

Q1. (2 Peter 3:1-2) Why are reminders so important for Christians?

Reminders stimulate the mind so we can stay focused on the right course putting into action what we know and not being carried away by false teachings.

How do you remind yourself of God's promises?

By studying the Word, going to church and putting the truth into practice.

How do you remind others?

By speaking and showing God

Q1. (2 Peter 3:1-2) Why are reminders so important for Christians? How do you remind yourself of God's promises? How do you remind others?

Hmmm. Being a "senior citizen", I have many "senior moments" when I cannot remember even familiar things! Unfortunately. But, I am so joyous when the Lord brings things to my remembrance. :o

His "remembrances" are so important to my life that I spend time reading His Word daily, pray, join with others in church weekly, and study Christian discipleship books. With praise and thanksgiving, I show Him my happiness in learning more deeply how He loves me and all His children! :D

I find it more difficult to speak to others of His promises now that we are no longer in mission in other countries. Over there, the people usually are more open to hearing about God and His Word. Unfortunately, in the USA today, people take it for granted that we are all "His", and presume that there is no need to spend time learning what He requires. I pray for guidance of when and to whom I should speak about Jesus, then expect Him to nudge me, and provide the words needed. :wub:

Each day Satan reminds of the lies and God who loves us reminds of how much he loves us. Freely we have recieved and freely we need to give so that the flow of God's love continues.

I am reminded of a story of a woman who each week went to the front of the church and would pray loudly "Lord fill me up." During the week the Pastor would see her out being mean to others and sinning in other ways. One Sunday she came to the front and in spite of all of his training to seperate the sin and the sinner, hating the sin and loving the sinnner when she offered up her prayer to be filled he prayed "Lord, do not do this, she leaks."

Well I am afraid we all leak as did the woman and her pastor so we need reminding even when the world and satan are not filling us with garbage thoughts we need to be filled more and more with Jesus.

Reminders are like familiar landmarks are while we are travelling....

Spirutal reminders or landmarks remind us where we have been.... where or what the Lord has brought us though whether good or bad times...

and can show our growth...

Just as we watch our children growth patterns our spirutal patterns may remind us again and again of God's FAITHFULNESS to us.

Landmarks are also important when satan try's to discourage us and make us feel we have failed..we can reminded him that these landmarks are our walk with the Lord.

Reminders are important to christians because they are places where we learned something special from God's word which helped "ground" us in God's word. As Peter expressed in todays lesson, he said, "Iput you in remembrance". When we stray , I believe we, every once in a while have to go back to the basics that

encouraged and strenghtened our faith.

I remind myself of God's promises , by reviewing scripture passages that I have memorized and by a daily reading of the Word.

I remind others by letting them know what the Word of God says when I try to witness to them .

The ways of the world tempt us away from the teachings of Christ and outright deny the truth of Christ. That along with the prevalence of false teachers makes it imperative that Christians are reminded over and over again of truth.

Reminders come from God's word, prayer and fellowship with other Christians. One of the purposes of the body of Christ, the church, is to support each member.

Christlike behavior is the best way to remind others.

Why are reminders so important for Christians?

When I teach the Word of God or speak the Word, first of all I know that it is for me first. And then there is someone else that God wants to speak to, that He wants to "stir up".

One thing Jesus said that when He left He would send the Comforter. But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. (John 14:26 KJV). Jesus knew that we would go through things so He left us special instructions. He knew that false prophets would arise to misguide His people.

Fasting and praying, staying in the presence of God. In order for you to hear from God you must have a special relationship with Him. Then His Holy Spirit will remind you of His promises. You begin to remind God of His promises.

"Lord You said that if I abide in You and Your Word abide in me, that I can ask what I will and it shall be done unto me. Father I ask You in the name of Jesus that You would bless me indeed. Lord I ask that You would enlarge my coast, keep Your hand upon me and keep evil away from me. Amen".

So that's how I remind myself of God's promises, by talking to God.

God Bless You All! And please continue to pray for me as I will pray for you.

servant4life

It is very easy to lose focus on what is truly important on our Chriastian walk.Reminders help to jog our memory and help us to keep our feet on the path. I remind myself of the important things by reading the Word and contemporary Christian works. I study and spend time conversing with other Christians. I practice uttering to myself key words like-humble, servant, not me,Him, and etc. I also try to ask the WWJD (what would Jesus do?) question of myself and/or others when confronted with a dilemma.

Forgetfulness is part of life. We tend to forget so many things, even our spouses birthday or anniversary. Under such atmosphere, it is imperative that we are reminded of God's mercy and kindness towards us. His love for us and above all 'the great commission' for us. We have to be constantly goaded on or egged on in our christian living. Then only this bullock cart of our life will move forward.

We can remind ourselves of God's promises found in the Word of God. Church is a place where we are reminded of God's promises. Fellowship of like minded believers, bible study groups, prayer cells are all part of a set up to remind ourselves of God promises for us.

Reminding others is done by witnessing and fellowshipping with other believers in various forums. The burden should be there in us to care for our neighbors. Our Lord reminded us to love our neighbors as ourselves. If we love them we will remind them about our Lord's love and mercy for them.

Being a Senior citizen, I need daily reminders in all things! I think without reminders, we would very easily fall prey to Satan and his cohorts. Certain things in our lives remind us of good times and not so good times, that's when we should turn to God for His Promises. He said HE would be with us always and would not forsake us. So if He lives in me, all I have to do is speak as though things are and they will be. His Book is FULL of promises and He fulfills those promises through His Grace and Mercy daily. To remind others, we can show love, and go that extra mile to help in some way. Show the JESUS that lives in us....

1a.) (2 Peter 3:1-2) Why are reminders so important for Christians?

1a.) Reminders = repetition = reinforcement = recollection :lol:

1b.) (2 Peter 3:1-2) How do you remind yourself of God's promises?

1b.) First, "God did so, that, by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope offered to us may be greatly encouraged." Hebrews 6:18. Second, daily reading, study, and meditation on His Word.

1c.) (2 Peter 3:1-2) How do you remind others?

1c.) Peter tells us, "But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have." 1 Peter 3:15

Reminders for Christians are important so that we don't forget the price that was paid for our salvation. We must not be unthankful for that wonderful gift, it should be fresh in our minds. This reminded me of my mother who always witnessed to anyone who would listen and even to some who didn't. The last two years of her life she did not know any of her children but she still talked to people about Jesus. GOD's Holy Spirit did not let her forget about Him.

I remind myself of GOD's promises by staying in His Word daily.

When I write letters I remind others by putting Scripture verses in my letters.

Reminders are important because as Christians we tend to forget what our ultimate goal in life is. And that is to please God in our everyday life and to ready ourselves for our day of judgement. :( I remind myself of God's promises by reading the bible and discussing what I have read with a prayer group that I belong to. :) I remind others by pointing out what God has done for them so far and hope that they will be ready when their time comes. ;)

Reminders are so important for the Christian as it helps us to stay on course and not fall in to sin. We will not be influenced by false teacher who deny that there is a hell and that we need to be saved in order to escape it.

We remind ourselves of God's promises daily by reading the Bible and memorizing Scripture for future use. 2 Timothy 2:15-16

So when we are tempted to sin or fall away from the faith we can call on these promises.

We can remind others by witnessing and prolaiming the Word of God by our talk and by our walk.

Why? Becuse we must do the work to which God has called us and beleive that he will return to claim His own as promised and we are to be ready for His appearing.

Men are always interested in something new rather than in being reminded of that which is old. But this is not so with respect to the truth. The truth of God is found in Scripture, there is no need for new revelation. God spoke not just to inform us but to instruct us about what we are to believe and thus how we are to behave. To disregard God

Why are reminders so important for Christians?

Reminders keep us focused on the Lord and how and why we are here. Without reminders I would ever surely stray. There is so much to cause us to stray and take our minds of Jesus which is amazing because who or what could be more aweome than God and His power (especially to seek and save the lost).

How do you remind yourself of God's promises.

Its seems like lately there has been a flood of things that bring me to my knees in search of God and His power and direction. I also find I need to discipline myself by reading the Word more and more and things like this Bible study on my email remind me of God's promises. I need to pray more and read more. I don't feel once a day is enough. I need to pray about everything.

Sometimes with great trepidation because of the reaction I fear coming but just by talking and the way I live my life or try to. Sometimes I feel I have so much more to learn but then I can look back and see how far I've come and the things God has brought me through which is a comfort.

Psalm 119:50

God Bless!

Jen

Paul speaks of his struggle with the flesh: Ro. 7:13-25: In summary, the high points: .......For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me......v. 24. O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?.....

It is because of this very struggle that we all have as to why we need so much reminding. We are all prone to being led astray, decieved, and falling down. Thank God He catches us! There is always more to learn. I have found myself lately being reschooled on things I already "knew" by Him showing me new revelation and application of scriptures I had taken for granted.

How do I remind myself? Lately, I have put up notecards with scriptures to read in particular locations throughout the house, where I pause and read them as I go about my day. (This has led to some of those "new" revelations I was talking about.) It has helped. Whenever doubt, fear, or whatever tries to sneak a seed into my mind, I go to one of those florescent notecards and read it outloud, and choose to believe what it says, what it promises to me. I suppose sometimes we are more vulnerable than others, at least I feel that way, and it is necessary to stick it out with the basics of our faith. The rocks that have been and are our path.

How do I remind others? It's hard to remind people of what they don't already know! :lol: So hopefully people will see the peace and life and life more abundantly within and around me and want to know more. I try to follow the Holy Spirit, whether to speak or be silent. It seems throughout my life I've been butting heads with people that have "religion" that imprisons, rather than the truth that makes them free. So it's been like learning to walk a tight rope, talking with people who don't want to hear about the promises and life more abundantly (I think because it may take some changes and work on their part, and they just aren't miserable "enough" yet). But it's their life, and I just hope that the one seed of truth at the proper time will take hold, and grow in them, that they may come to know the love and joy and truth of Jesus that I do.

I really love my church, and talking to the people I know there. It's full of Holy Spirit filled and purpose seeking people. I'm so glad God pointed me there. It seems just by talking with each other about whatever little thing helps us to remind each other of the faith and hope and victory we have so gracefully been given. Just recently I was talking with one of my lady friends there and we both were struggling to clean out a junk room full of "the past" we didn't want to be reminded of. It was nice to know someone else has the same struggle to bear, and to rest on one another, and encourage one another. God is so wonderful. :wub:

a reminder it to wake up the christian that may be spiritual asleep. we need to be reminded of God's promise because he keeps his promise. we remind other by the way we live our life before the world, we/ve been touched by God we will not live as the world live but as God has instructed.

Reminders are so important for Christians because it refreshes our minds and hearts about the goodness and love our Lord and Savior. I remind myself of God's promises through Bible study, reading, and church attendance. I remind others by trying to be a good example, through conversation, and by witnessing.

Q1. (2 Peter 3:1-2) Why are reminders so important for Christians? Reminders are important because we live in the flesh. There is a war against our flesh and our spirit. Our flesh is at an advantage to being satisfied when I as a believer forget what God has already told me. Reminders are important because we forget. We can live holy if we forget what we have been taught.

I remind myself of God's promises in my mind and heart. If I have not remembered or hidden his word in my heart with the intent to do it, I can not remind myself of what I am to do or what has been promised to me. What I remember allows me not to fall into depression or pity parties.

I remind others based on what I remember. When the word of God is needed to minister, God can not use me unless I am willing to be reminded.

Our nature is to forget. If we don't feed on His bread (the Word) daily as a habit we tend to read here and there and eventually hardly. This leads to forgetfulness and leaves us open to spiritual attack. Just as Jesus had to thwart the darts of satan with the Word, we too need to arm ourselves with His word. I read His word daily and am absolutely amazed at how much scripture I retain when I converse with others. Scripture that pertains to a given situation comes easily into my mind.

It's very important to remember and to go over the basic teachings, because people will come who put their own interpretation on scripture, and lead people off the true path of righteousness into some delusion of theirs. We have always to test everything by the scriptures to know it is correct.

We remind others in home groups where we discuss life's events in the light of scripture, and in daily conversation, by including Jesus and Scripture in the conversation, always encouraging people to be obedient to the Lord and to His word.

Reminders for Christians are very important because as human individuals we can go through our daily lives and be absorbed by situations and circumstances of this earth. We have to keep in mind of the promises that were made to us.

I remind myself of God's promises by reading the scriptures daily and hold those promises closer to my heart than a human promise.

I remind others by doing what is expected of me. I remind others through my actions (the way I carry myself and the way I live).