JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Guarding and Rejoicing over You

• 3 weeks later...

Q4. (Jude 24) What does it mean to you that God is guarding you from falling? How can you explain God's exultant joy towards you? How will God manage to present you to himself "blameless"? How does that work?

It means that I am precious in His sight. When you have the Almighty God as your security, what more do you want in this world. When He is watching me from falling into sin and temptations, I need not fear any evil force for He is greater than all evil put together. God wants me to be with Him always. That's why He is protecting me, so that when I reach Him ultimately, His joy will be full and complete. My God will be overjoyed to accept me. :rolleyes: God is Holy. Nothing evil or sinful will ever enter His presence. That is why God is watching over me and protecting me so that I will be sinless and blameless when I enter into His presence. That's the process of salvation at work. Aren't I grateful for that!!!

Q4. (Jude 24) What does it mean to you that God is guarding you from falling? How can you explain God's exultant joy towards you? How will God manage to present you to himself "blameless"? How does that work?

This gives me joy and inexplicable wonder! I need this guarding so very much! How can anyone keep from sins of thought that comes unintended? Of course, we cannot "prevent the birds from flying over our head, but we can prevent them from nesting in our hair!" as someone has said. But still, we can be caught up in thinking of things we would never do. So it is a great blessing to know He will keep us from falling for Satan's tricks of thought! :D

Why should He have "exultant joy" towards me? I haven't a clue, except that He has said He does, and I believe what He says! :o

Present me blameless? By the power of Jesus' love that made Him allow them to sacrifice Him in my stead! He is the perfect sacrifice, taking on Him my sins and bringing forgiveness for them. When God looks at me (whenever I come before Him for judgement), He will see me through Jesus' love that paid the penalty for my sin--giving me a "not guilty" judgement! What a wonderful promise! How can I do other than fall on my face in wonder and praise of Him! :wub:

Jude 24) What does it mean to you that God is guarding you from falling?

It means that I am cleansed by the blood of Jesus, it means everything to me. "To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy." (Jude 24)

Without fault and with great joy, this gives me strength and a power to want to spread the gospel even more. It means that I will be with Him for eternity. I eagerly wait for that day, when there will be no more tears, no more fears, I will finally be in total union with my Lord; what joy for the both of us.

How can you explain God's exultant joy towards you?

A joy like I feel towards my own children. He created me for His purpose and sin has separated us. Jesus has bridged that sin by His grace and suffering on the cross, I will be with my maker, blameless, free of sin able to reunite with Him in a perfect love just as he intended from the beginning of creation. Adam and Eve could have had this joy and union from the time they were created, but sin separated them. One day they too will be reunited with our Lord.

How will God manage to present you to himself "blameless"?

He already has . . .Because of Christ

That God is guarding me from falling is absolutely essential. For it is not of my own strenght that I am running this race, but of Him who called me into His kingdom. God continually admonishes and cautions us about the pitfalls and dangers that we will encounter along the way, and instructs us to be vigilant, sober and watchful as we seek to walk in the Lord.

As to God's joy over me, all I understand is that the angels rejoiced over me

when I repented and gave my heart to the Lord. I believe that the marriage supper of the Lamb is what the ULTIMATE JOY will be for the Lord.

God has already presented me to Himself, "Blameless" when I accepted the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, for there is now,therefore, NO CONDEMNATION to those that are in Christ Jesus.

That work was accomplished before the foundation of the world, when God knew that man would fall, and He knew the sacrifice that would have to be made to bring man back into a relationship with Him through the atonement.

4a.) (Jude 24) What does it mean to you that God is guarding you from falling?

4a.) Assured, comforted. Paul prays; "that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe." (Ephesians 1:18)

4b.) (Jude 24) How can you explain God's exultant joy towards you?

4b.) In John's first epistle, he tells us that; "God is love." (1 John 4:16) I find that when "love" and "God" are together, it is 'agape' love referred to. God loves us in a way, that is perfect, sacrificially, self-giving. That is the only type of love God gives. Need I say more?

4c.) (Jude 24) How will God manage to present you to himself "blameless"?

4c.) Jesus tells us: "Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city." (Revelation 22:14) Through the propitiation of Jesus' death, we are as white as snow.

4d.) (Jude 24) How does that work?

4d.)] Because of God's grace and this is what he wants to do. Paul writes: "And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus." (Ephesians 2:6-7)

That God is guarding me from falling means that whenI am on the brink of sinning or losing faith, He will protect from the weakness of my flesh! I cannot explain God's exultant joy towards me! God will manage to present me to himself "blameless" by my faith in the blood of Jesus Christ. This worksby Jesus's blood covering my sins, so that theough my life in Him, I will be made worthy of eternal life with the Father.

As the letter begins, so it ends with the assurance that God will keep us from falling prey to false teachers. Although false teachers are so prevalent in today

To know that GOD is guarding me from falling makes me love Him even more and it gives me a sense of security. I know that there is no way I can be true to Him on my own because I still have a sinfull nature.

There is no way that I can explain GOD's exultant joy towards me unless it is because I am in Christ.

GOD will present me to Himself "blameless" through the redemptive work of the Lord Jesus Christ. It is only through Christ's righteousness that I will ever be blameless. Colossians 1:22.

BY SENDING ANGELS ( MY OWN PERSONAL ANGELS) TO WATCH OVER AND GUARD ME FROM FALLING OR STUMBLING INTO THE HANDS OF SATAN. CHRIST HAS FORGIVEN AND FORGOTTEN MY SIN SO HE IS OVERJOYED TO PRESENT ME TO GOD BLAMELESS AND CLOTHED IN CHRIST'S RIGHTEOUSNESS.

THEREFORE I MUST REMAIN IN HIM AND STUDY HIS WORD BEING AWARE OF FALSE TEACHINGS THAT DO NOT LINE UP WITH SCRIPTURE.

It means I don't have to worry about being anxious. I can enjoy delighting in Him, loving Him and showing gratitude to Him without worrying whether I'm doing the "right" things. By protecting me from falling, He will correct and discipline as necessary and encourage me in the right direction.

I have no explanation for God's exultant joy toward me. I have done nothing to deserve it. That's for sure. But, thankfully, Jesus has. Only through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ and the cleansing of our sins by His blood can we become blameless. He takes our sins and gives us His righteousness. Only because we are found righteous through putting our faith and trust in Jesus Christ and submitting to Him as Lord can we enter the presence of Holy God.

As long as I do what God commands he will guard me from falling. Exultant means filled with great joy or expressing triumph and because I am doing what is required or trying to better myself by getting stronger, God is happy with such great joy and he will see that I am guarded from fallings off the path.

Will be presented blameless through Jesus Christ.

Being that I realize that I need ALL the help I can get, I love knowing that my God has His arms around me. What a comfort! Without the full armor that only He can provide, I cannot stand against the pervasive evil that stalks this world. Knowing that the Father " has my back" is of great comfort. Knowing that He will never forsake me is priceless. So many people reject the Faith, and the promise of His abiding love, that I guess that He takes great joy in His children that labor to do it the way they have been commanded. Because my Lord and Savior Jesus showed us all how to "do it right", and by Him having paid the full tab for our sin, God is able to hold me "blameless". Jesus will interceed for me with the Father and and I will be one of His sheep.

I believe that God guards us from falling by His Holy Spirit given to us to be our counsellor. He can lead us into all Truth. This is amazing to me. I did forget about God for many years. Then, one day, in the middle of meditation, (yes, new age) I began to think "If I'm going to meditate, I'll meditate on God, and walking in the Garden of Eden without any vine leaf. If God wants to say something, I'm going to hear it." His Holy Spirit was still active in me, despite those years. I began to pick up speed and soon was running toward Jesus again!

This is what we are depending on when we pray for backsliders - that God's Spirit of Truth is still ministering to them, no matter where they have gone. I love Him for this constant watchfulness and love. Now I "religiously" keep my daily appointment with Jesus. I can draw closer to Him through the ministrations of this same Holy Spirit of Truth.

We are God's masterpiece of creation in which He delighted. But this all came apart when Adam fell. God triumphed when Jesus defeated satan on the cross and made a way for us to become the children of God. He fathers us in the full sense of creation - with His love. Thus, as each sinner returns and begins to grow (be sanctified) He is excited by us, with us, and for us! Such is the humility of our great and mighty God! The more we prosper and become all that He created us to become (individually, as we each are unique), the more excited He is. God's exultant joy doesn't need explaining. It just is!

God provided for me to be presented blameless through the cross of Jesus. His love called me through His glory and virtue (2 Peter 1:3). The blood of His Son blood cover(ed)s me. Through His Holy Spirit (as described above) He keeps me, and gives me a garment of righteousness to wear at the wedding feast of the Lamb. He manages the whole thing. All I have to do is be loved, (not reject it) and follow Him.

This all works because God is Love. He created us and will love us to the very finish. Oh how I thank you Father!

I have a little puppy dog who does all the wrong things, as do all puppy dogs. This does not at all reduce my love for him, my caring for him, my delight in him because I can see the future for us. However I do train him for my household, so that He can be an active and beloved participant. If it turned out that he was untrainable (fortunately this is not so with dogs) I'd have to let him go somewhere else. But seeing he co-operates with me, all is well and we will enjoy each other for many years to come. It is much the same with me (man) and God. Sometimes however man is untrainable and has to be removed. That is not the way God wants it, but that's how it is. God sticks by that, because He gave Adam dominion (authority to decide) and will not interfere with that unless asked to do so. But we can choose to ask God into our lives, and He does come, and He does provide everything we need to overcome and win our race. We have no excuse. We have an earthly and a Heavenly destiny. How wonderful is that!

God can guard us and send us signals when we're in the danger zone, but unfortunately we can fall and become apostate. The verse that comes to mind "I take no pleasure in him who turns back..." Some examples are Saul who was appointed by God and then slowly rejected Him. Judas, who was sent out among the disciples in two's to heal the sick and cast out demons - and who cannot do this unless he believes - was later damned as he betrayed Jesus. I therefore do not subscribe to the thought that once a believer, we can never fall from grace. I know God doesn't want anyone to perish, but some do. I feel that God is joyful towards me when I sincerely seek to do His will and is grieved when I don't. God will present me blameless as He looks at His Son whose death washed away my sins so I can be pure. While I am not blameless, my faith and works show my belief in His Son which makes me blameless in God's eyes.

• 2 weeks later...

No matter how alone I think I am, I am not. He knew me before the world I became corrupted by the ways of the world, and hey I must be alright if God called me :)

He washed me clean with His Blood to cover the multitude of sins in my life. He substituted His life for mine. WoW Amen

AS CHRISTIAN BELIEVERS WE PUT OUT TRUST AND OUR FAITH IN GOD.GOD WILLGUARD YOU AND I AND KEEP US IN HIS CARE.i LOVE TO PRAY PSALM 91,EVERY DAY.THE LORD OUR GOD IS WITH US AND LOVES US.

WE ARE SO UNWORTHY,BUT IT IS CHRIST JESUS WHO WILL PRESENT YOU AND ME TO GOD BLAMELESS,CLOTHED IN CHRIST'S RIGHTEOUSNESS WHEN WE FINIALLY APPEAR BEFORE GOD'S GLOURIOUS PRESENCE.GOD WILL TAKE GREAT PLEASURE IN SEEING YOU AND ME.HOW AWESOME THAT WILL BE.JESUS LOVED US SO MUCH,HE KNEW WHAT HE HAD TO GO THROUGH,THE SUFFERING THE PAIN THAT WAS BEYOND ANY PHYSICAL MEANS OF PUNISHMENT THAT JESUS DID NOT DESERVE.IT WAS OUR PUNISHMENT JESUS TOOK UPON HIMSELF TO GIVE US LIFE AND TO BE ABLE TO PRESENT US ''BLAMELESS'' TO OUR HEAVENLY FATHER. JESUS PAID THAT TERRIBLE PRICE FOR US.LORD JESUS ,HELP ME TO BE THE PERSON YOU WANT ME TO BE.AMEN

Q4. (Jude 24) What does it mean to you that God is guarding you from falling?

Without God protecting me, without His Love and Grace, I would, without a doubt, fail. If I feel myself falling, I just call out to Him and He is right there with me. With a promise like that how can I fall?

How can you explain God's exultant joy towards you?

I can

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I am His and he has promised that I always will be. So even when I trip up, he's there to catch me and keep me from falling completely. He will lead me back onto the path of righteousness.

God's exultant joy is as a mother to a child, a grandfather to a grandchild. He will present me as blameless through washing of my sins through the blood of the lamb. Through salvation, acceptance of Jesus Christ as my savior and my personal commitment to follow him.

• 3 weeks later...

God guarding me from falling means that: "His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodiness." 2 Pet. 1:3 (NIV). In addition, God has filled me with, and given me the power of the Holy Spirit to overcome this world; to preserve and protect me from falling away, and protection from satan and his dominion.

I am of the opinion that God is joyful when human beings love Him and acknowledge Him for who He is -- Creator.

God will present me blameless to Himself because my High Priest, Jesus Christ, went to the cross and shed His blood for the atonement of my sin. My acceptance and response to God's grace makes it all possible.