JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Faith in the God of Miracles

Q1. (18:14) How can we tell if we really believe in God's present willingness to do miracles in our day? Is there any indication in Scripture that God will stop doing miracles? Is there any indication that God continues to do miracles? How can we regain an active faith in the God of miracles?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can tell if we really believe in God's present willingness to do miracles in our day by how we think and act. There is not one indication in Scripture that God will stop doing miracles that I can think of right off the top of my head. There are many indications that God continues to do miracles if we open our minds and hearts to them. He gives me small ones all the time. We can regain an active faith in the God of miracles by recognizing them when they happen and to give the glory to God who made them possible!

Q1. (18:14) How can we tell if we really believe in God's present willingness to do miracles in our day? Is there any indication in Scripture that God will stop doing miracles? Is there any indication that God continues to do miracles? How can we regain an active faith in the God of miracles?

It reflects in our state of mind whether we believe in a God of miracles or not. If we insist on science and require proof of everything, then we will not accept the miracles that do keep happening in our daily lives. If we believe in God who does miracles, then we will give thanks to God even when we get back home safely in the night. :rolleyes: There is no reference anywhere that says God will stop doing miracles. God does care for us, His children. He needs to keep doing miracles for our well being and to glorify His name.

Weaving through the worst traffic and getting back home, safely, everyday itself is a miracle (in India). :D

My son fell down from the first floor of our building and not a scratch was found on his body. :)

Like this I can quote from my life as well as other's lives' that testifies to the fact that God is still working and doing miracles in our lives. By trusting Him and submitting to His will, we can be active in our faith and expect great wonders from our living Lord.

Q1. (18:14)

( a) How can we tell if we really believe in God's present willingness to do miracles in our day?

( b )Is there any indication in Scripture that God will stop doing miracles?

( c ) Is there any indication that God continues to do miracles?

( d ) How can we regain an active faith in the God of miracles?

( a ) I have found a church family that does not ignore the Holy Spirit. I have personally witnessed physical healings and deliverance and have experienced healings myself (physical healing and inner healing).

I can tell I believe in God's present willingness to do miracles in our day because I have received the miracle of healing from Him AND I don't pass up the chance to intercede for others.

( b ) I do not know of any Scripture that God will stop doing miracles.

( c ) There is every indication that God continues to do miracles... even in my small corner of the world. I was recently at a healing prayer service where a former quadraplegic gave her testimony of INSTANT healing (witnessed by 7 people ).

( d ) How can we regain (maintain) an active faith in the God of miracles?

So often, we let the world tell us that God doesn't really exist OR that "God is watching us from a distance" (like that popular Bette Midler song). Oh the sorrow that we are not attuned to our Master's voice. I must grieve his heart when I willfully (or ignorantly) keep Him at arms length by failing to approach Him with prayers of praise, confession, thankgiving and petition. Abraham faithfully sought God. Abraham knew his Master's voice.

Be BOLD to pray for a miracle and then give credit where it is due. If I rationalized away the very miracle I just had the privilege to witness, am I not stealing away from God the praise and glory? Thank and Praise Him for the privilege of seeing His Mighty Hand for He alone is worthy to be praised!

I see no indication that God has stopped doing miracles. Science has overcome our sense of the miraculous, but unexplainable things happen around us and we hardly notice. I sometimes doubt the healing stories of others, but I have personally been a part of a miraculous cancer healing in a friend's child. They activated a worldwide prayer network, placed the healing in God's hands, and the grapefruit-size tumor went away. We--including the doctors--were genuinely touched by this event. I like that slogan, "Expect a miracle" as a way of living. To God be the glory.

To question God's present willingness to do miracles really asks if we believe that He still cares about us. I do not beleive that God has stopped caring about us because He has taken no final action against us. Look within the bible and you will find many examples of how and what God did when He stopped caring about someone due to their wickedness/unbeleif/obedience...His actions were final.

When you look at the Holy Trinity you see God, Christ and the Holy Spirit. People pray to God, and they ask in for things in Christ's name. Many prayers have been answered. In my life both my wife and daughter had cancer. Both have been completely healed and there s no present evidence that cancer was ever in their bodies. My daughter was told that she might not have children after her bought with cancer and chemo-therapy. Guess what, she met the love of her life, got married, and made me a grandfather. My grandchild soon celebrates his second birthday next month.

My wifes bought with cancer concerned a tumor that had wrapped itself around one of her tubes. It was choking the tube and caused a pain in her side. When they opened her up and removed the tumor there was no further sign of cancer within her body. Just that one tumor, the size of a softball.

My daughter's tumor attached itself to her lymph gland. They removed it and ported her for chemo-therapy for six months. Not only did she lose her hair, she lost her short term memory too. She never stopped going to school though. They told her to sit out a year, she said no. Her grade point average fell a little but she graduated and went on to High School.

I have told many people that I beleive in miracles because I live with the evidence of them in my life. God continues to bless His people and He continues to love us and provide for us daily.

I do not know of any scripture that states God will stop doing miracles. I know there is scripture that states what happens to those who do not believe or fail to do what He asks repeatedly.

Your last question asks: How can we regain an active faith in the God of miracles?

I believe each person must first acknowledge and believe in God. They must then confess their sins and seek God's forgiveness with a sincere heart. Once that is done I believe that they must seek God daily in their personal lives. Study God's word and allow the Holy Spirit to guide them, in everything. These actions will produce an active faith in the God of miracles.

That position is one I maintain, it is not easy but I ask the Lord's help daily. In that way, He stays in the forefront of my mind. He remains active and influences me in all.

How can we tell if we really believe in God's present willingness to do miracles in our day? He is the same yesterday today and tomorrow. He is the God of miracles. They are throughout the Bible. I look at the change in my own heart and see one of is greatest miracles right there.

Is there any indication in Scripture that God will stop doing miracles? I see none except in the temporary miraculous gifts of the Holy Spirit 1 Cor. 13:8.

Is there any indication that God continues to do miracles?

There have been many miracles done in my life that were either just done by God who knows before we ask or done as a direct result of prayer.

How can we regain an active faith in the God of miracles.

Pray and ask God for help in this area to see and recognize His work in your behalf or someone elses and give thanks everyday for the miracles He provides. And pray for His glory on this earth as it is in heaven.

I hope everyone prays everyday for a miracle in the life of Terri Schiavo.

God Bless!

Jen

Number6:24-26

1a.) (18:14) How can we tell if we really believe in God's present willingness to do miracles in our day?

1a.) I guess one of my memory verses from my Bible study in Romans comes to mind. "For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--His eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse." (Romans 1:20) We can not fit God into a box. He is bigger, larger, beyond what our finite mind can comprehend.

1b.) (18:14) Is there any indication in Scripture that God will stop doing miracles?

1b.) "And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, 'Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.'". (Revelations 21: 3-4) When that happens there will be no more needs for miracles. Come Lord Jesus! Come quickly! :D

1c.) (18:14) Is there any indication that God continues to do miracles?

1c.) Yes, I have seen answered prayer, and I continue to see the transformed hearts and minds of those around me (including myself) who have received Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior! Hallelujah! :lol:

1d.) (18:14) How can we regain an active faith in the God of miracles?

1d.) Believe! Look for those every day, little blessings in your life. Look at your own body and its complex design and engineering. Look at your children and the joy that they bring to you. Look to your spouse and the miracle of two people coming together to be one. Look to Jesus and what he has done for everyone who believes. "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." {Hebrews 1:1)

How can we tell if we really believe in God's present willingness to do miracles in our day?

Do we have the faith to believe

Is there any indication in Scripture that God will stop doing miracles? no

Is there any indication that God continues to do miracles? Yes, He has given our family healing in body, soul, and spirit.

How can we regain an active faith in the God of miracles? Once again by believing, praying, testimonies and practicing the Holy Habits

I believe God is still working Miracles in our lives today. God has healed me. I give God the glory.

We can tell if we really believe in GOD's present willingness to do miracles in our day by the fact that when we come to Him in repentence and faith for salvation we know by His Spirit witnessing to our spirit that we are saved.

There is no indication in Scripture that GOD will stop doing miracles. He answers every sinner's prayer of faith for salvation. Every new believer is a miracle.

Every time one is born into the family of GOD it is an indication that GOD continues to do miracles. Every new baby that is born is a miracle. The intricate workings of the human body is a miracle.

To regain an active faith in the GOD of miracles we need to confess to Him the sin that has caused us to lose our faith. When we allow sin to have its way in our lives we will no longer have an active faith in the GOD of miracles.

There is no doubt about God's willingness to do miracles today, or that He will continue doing miracles. Just watch Benny Hinn. I myself received major deliverance last Sunday - the one I've been waiting for for ages! I would never dare say that miracles have stopped. I would never dare doubt that God is able to - and does - heal today. I have seen the healing of blindness and deafness.

Appropriating that healing for myself is more difficult, but God continues to show me things that increase my faith. I once felt God was going to heal a person in our home group, and described his pain and its wherabouts. God did heal it, and what a blessing. We have to start believing the Bible vigorously with all our heart, every word of it. "Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits. He forgives us our sin (is that not a huge miracle?) and heals all our diseases" Do we dare question this? I hope not! Will we make God a liar? I dare not! Do we worship Him with all our heart, mind, soul and strength? We had better! For God is not mocked. Let us again stand in the holy fear of Almighty God, who cannot look upon sin, yet who redeems a remnant in blood, whose Son will come again in power and glory, to rule the earth with a rod of iron. Let us believe every word He says and grasp the Kingdom of Heaven violently for the sake of His glory!

Because open your eye's. God performs very evident mircles everyday, all around us and even in us. All of His creation is a miracle. No where in the Scriptures does it say that God won't! (well God does tell us what He won't do, but that's up to us individually) All Things Are Possible Through Christ Who Strengthens Us!!! Keeping your mind on the things of Christ will keep "ones" faith active, or remind them. I Love God with all of my heart, mind, & soul, but let me tell you, sometimes I forget to pray. Sometimes I don't even think to bring my questions to God. But He is so Awesome because He answer's them anyway, as although sometimes I forget, I am still pressing through to Him! Hallelujah.

Wow I just want to add an unrelated note here. The Revelation study is being revealed & making more sense now. It's not something I know because God said it in His Word. I'm seeing it. I feel it. Woe to the hardened heart. There is a sadness on me big time. I count it Joy though because The Holy Spirit comforts me. All Glory Be To God!!! Hallelujah!!! Amen!!! I do need your all's prayer support though too, for I am feeling weak and finding it hard focus and stay on track. Thank you. Love Lisa

God is willing to do miracles today because HE does not change -the same, yesterday,today and tomorrow.

God will continue to do miracles and asks us to "Call upon Him and He will

show us great and mighty things which we know not". God says He will

do exceedinglly, abundantly above all that we ask or think.

There is much evidence today that God performs miracles both in church

and on television. To me one of the greatest evidences of miracles is the

birth of a child. My wife's brother in law in Newfoundland , Canada states

that miracles are COMMONPLACE there in his ministry, GLOBAL PRAYER.

The Word tells us that God DAILY loads us with benefits (which sadly we

take for granted).

To become active in our faith in the God of Miracles, I believe we should stand on the promises of God for healing , deliverance, guidance, the fruit of

the Spirit in our lives and the great expectation of Jesus coming to call for

His own to be with Him.

Previously, in this Scripture, God had disclosed Himself to Abraham in more splendor and glory. This time God would not have been known, except through previous knowledge of Him and the eyes of faith. God was known by His promises, His word, rather than through a spectacular presence or splendor. The mature Christian becomes less dependent upon spectacular manifestation of God and more involved in intimate day-to-day fellowship. I believe in daily miracles. I am willing to believe that because of my relationship with God. Someone else may see mundane happenings in my life, but I do not see it that way. It

I think we can tell if we believe in His willingness to do miracles if they are present in our lives. There are miracles in every believer's life--not just salvation for the soul, but salvation for the life you first came to Him with. If you can't see the miracles in the changing of your life, you need to have your eyes opened and your faith exercised. Personally, I think much of faith is a choice. You choose to believe God, and wait and see what happens. He is the author and finisher of it all. If you throw it out there and really put yourself on the line and choose to believe, I just can't see God leaving you hanging. Not to say it's going to turn out how you think it will, but He's going to definitely answer back somehow. I think people would be amazed if they actually put all their eggs in the basket and ran with God all the way. Most people want to give Him lip service and then don't ask what to do, or won't do what He answers, and then wonder why stuff works out the way it does. How can He produce the good miracle wine in your life if you don't ever give Him the water?

God has the power to do all that He has promised. Matt. 19:26 says that ALL things are possible with God. If the Bible says it I believe it. Every time someone is saved and comes to Christ is a miracle, so yes He is still in the miracle business. Through prayer, God can accomplish a lot.

God does not change we change but he never does he will always do miracle as he did in the old he will continue in the new. He will use a willing vessel to do the miracles through like he did with Peter and Paul. He will use all if they are willing to let him. Mark 16: 15-18 tells us what we are to be doing. Mat 21: 22 tells us to ask what we will and he will do it. The only thing that stops miracles in our lives is lack of faith in GOD. Really the lack of faith in Jesus Christ for he is GOD also. The three cannot be taken apart and today the Holy Ghost is with us as it was in the upper room on the day of pentacost and we today see miracles still. Priase the Lord.

How can we tell if we really believe in God's present willingness to do miracles in our day?

By recognizing what are often the small miracles in our lives, of which when we really look at them, there are many!

Is there any indication in Scripture that God will stop doing miracles?

No, there is no indication in Scripture that God will stop doing miracles. The Bible says that God is the same today, yesterday and forever. So, the same God of miracles in the Old Testament is the same God we serve today.

Is there any indication that God continues to do miracles?

Absolutely! His miracles are all around us, often in things we take for granted. Many of these things are miracles when we think about them.

How can we regain an active faith in the God of miracles?

By dedicating ourselves more to prayer and the study of God's Word. "Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God".

Q1= THE BIBLE SAYS THAT POWER OF LIFE AND DEATH ARE IN THE TONGUE. I THINK THAT WE WILL KNOW THAT WE REALLT BELIEVE IN MIRACLES WHEN WE ACT AND TALK LIKE IT, WHEN WE PRAY AND HAVE FAITH THAT IT IS DONE IN JESUS NAME. GOD IS A MIRACLE WORKING GOD AND THE BIBLE SAYS THAT HE IS THE SAME YESTERDAY, TODAY, AND FOREVER HE NEVER CHANGES. SO HE IS STILL DOING MIRACLES TODAY! I HAVE TOLD PEOPLE WHO ARE STRUGGLING WITH DIFFICULTIES IN THEIR LIVES THAT EVERYDAY, EVERY MOMENT SOMEONE SOMEWHERE ON THIS EARTH IS RECEIVING A MIRACLE RIGHT NOW AND THEIRS COULD BE ANY MINUTE. I BELIEVE THAT WITH ALL MY HEART. I HAVE HAD MIRACLES IN MY LIFE AND I KNOW GOD WILL DO MORE. WE MUST ONLY BELIEVE!

You can tell if you really believe in God doing miracles today,if you have an open heart and an open mind,if you accept by faith that it's a miracle and don't go seeking a rational explanation for it. I can't recall anywhere in the bible where God says He will cease doing miracles.

I believe God continues to do miracles today. They may not be as dramatic as parting the Red Sea or the walls of Jericho falling,but if we look closely,miracles are all around us.

The rising and setting of the sun is a miracle. The fact that the sun,moon, stars,and other heavenly bodies remain suspended in the sky without falling to earth is a miracle.

A tiny seed.planted in the earth,that eventually pushes its way out of the earth to grow into a strong,healthy plant is a miracle.

In fact,the whole of nature and creation itself is a miracle.

And the greatest miracle of all is when a person comes to Christ thru the drawing of the Holy Spirit.

If we say in our hearts that "it was the chemo...or it must have been this..." If there is any doubt at all, we don't really believe. We must analyze ourselves and our beliefs. It's also easy to believe that God performs miracles on others and think it'll never happen to us. There is nothing in scripture that says God will stop doing miracles. In fact the bible states that miracles will continue until the end. One example being that the sun will darken and stars will fall before Christ's second appearance. That's miraculous! God continues doing miracles: people are being healed in our church and financial problems are miraculously being taken care of - God and His miracles are alive and well today. To regain an active faith is to continue feeding our spiritual man more than our fleshly man so our mind is renewed and not hardened through sin and unbelief. We must not only read the bible daily but meditate on it and ACT on it and of course pray.