JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q5. Life in the Word

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The word creates faith and faith creates spiritual life in us. The word you hear and read does a work in each of us to make us want to seek God and be more spiritual.

How do we ensure that the word is read and understood well especially by young believers or unsaved people. I ask this because when i was 15 years old and my hormones were raging i came across the verse in the bible that said if your eye causes you to sin pluck it out. You may not believe me but I was ready to do it since I did not see any other way out at the time.

I am sure there are many storiesthat you can all give of when we interpreted the bible in way that can cause more harm than good

Q1. (1:18) In what sense are we given spiritual birth by the "word of truth"? What does spiritual life have to do with the Word?

John 1:1 Says in the beginning was the Word and the Word was God....

When we accepted Jesus Christ as our personal saviour and Lord, the God (the Word) came and dwelt in us. Thus we took a spiritual birth at the time. The Word of God sustains us and helps us grow in the Spriit. The Spiritual life is completely dependant on the Word of God. The Psalmist says Thy word have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against Thee...

The Word of God is everything for a Christian. It is the source of God's voice, His will and His purpose for us. So, everything that we as Christians do and say is supposed to be in tune with the Word of God.

Q1. (1:18) In what sense are we given spiritual birth by the "word of truth"? What does spiritual life have to do with the Word?

Our spiritual birth is based upon the receipt of the word and the promises in the word. Upon the new birth the Holy Spirit comes and lives in us, counselling us, leading and comforting us. Without the word and its promises, there is no basis for spiritual birth in Christ Jesus.

1a.) (1:18) In what sense are we given spiritual birth by the "word of truth"?

1a.) Paul writes: "And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession--to the praise of his glory." (Ephesians 1:13-14) Paul also writes: "And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." (Romans 5:5)

1a.) (1:18) What does spiritual life have to do with the Word?

1a.) John writes: " In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." (John 1:1) John writes again: "God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth." (John 4:24)

We receive spiritual birth by believing the "word of truth" given us in the Bible, that is, that Jesus is the Son of God, that He came, lived a sinless life, died on the gruesome cross in our place for our sins, that He rose again and gives us the Holy Spirit to indwell us, empower us and guide us.

We can only receive this spiritual birth if we have heard of it, and we hear--and know it's truth--by hearing and obeying His Word as given to us in the Bible! That is the beginning of our growth in the spiritual life He offers us!

:D

Therefore, our spiritual life is totally wrapped up in the Word--interpreted both as Jesus, Himself and the Word in the Bible that speaks of Him. We have no true spiritual life apart from Him and His Word! :rolleyes:

Hello Everyone. This is a note to say "Good Bye" for now. I am not in the flow with this study so am going to let this one go for now. I am glad see many new people in here, as well as with Everyone. Maybe I'll catch ya's in the next study. Take Care, and Blessings!!! Lisa B)My answer to today's question would reflect off CCS's responce. ...(that's the only one I read today)

Q. 1 In what sense are we given spiritual birth by the "Word of Truth"? What does spiritual life have to do with the Word?

James 1:18 He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of first-fruits of all he created.

:D When we accept Jesus as Lord of Lords and King of Kings and our personal Saviour we are born again. We are given our tickets into the Lambs Wedding Feast. We are new creations. Gone is all our old self and here is our shining new self in Jesus Christ. :D We are washed in the blood of the Lamb. The Word is Jesus. There is no spiritual life without Him. But God used Him as a way into heaven. We are so fortunate in this that God loved us so much that He sent Jesus to "die for our sins on the cross".

Our spiritual birth begins the new life given to us by Jesus, the Word of truth, when we accepted Him as our Lord and Savior. The spiritual life that follows our birth is only possible by the indwelling of the Spirit who leads us and guides us.

:rolleyes: I have to keep it simple i agree with Sherrylynn but i just need to add that he has also given us the liveing word and the written word and they both may guide us in our path of life but they must never conflict with each other so we must sturdy the word for sure and walk with him daily love you all gace an peace to u all

Well, this is my thoughts on this.

The bible is the written word of God and Jesus is the living Word of God (And the Word became flesh) and the written word of God is the truth and Jesus is (the way, THE TRUTH, and the life). God uses both His written word and His living Word in behalf and leading to our rebirth. We are born from above by the Spirit of God through His word and in His Word. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of faith! :)

"Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the Word of God, which liveth and abideth forever (1 Peter 1:23)."

The Word of God is "living and powerful" (Heb. 4:12), therefore, it can generate life in the heart of a sinner who trusts Christ; and that life is God's life.

YE MUST BE BORN AGAIN! We need a second birth. The first birth (physical) is corrupt.

We need a new birth a spiritual birth which comes from God through His word in His living Word, even Jesus Christ!

We first hear the Word of truth and then when we accept the Truth - which is Jesus Christ for He says "I am the truth".. the Holy Spirit comes to dwell in us which gives us spiritual birth. Prior to the Holy Spirit coming to dwell in us, we were spiritually dead.

Spiritual life is the Word. The Word is spirit. Only those with the Holy Spirit can discern spiritual truths --the Word. To believe in the Word is to do what the Word says. If we say we believe and our actions don't follow it up, it is merely lip service and we deceive ourselves. We must be careful to feed our spirit with the Word, lest we feed our flesh more and allow our flesh to become stronger than our spirit which ultimately leads to death.

Recognizing the Word of God is THE "word of truth" opens the door to faith which results in our spiritual birth. It was Jesus who said that we must be "born" again and when the Word of God is put on the same level as other religious documents and philosophies as just one version of many truths the door to life-giving faith is closed.

Moral relativism and the denial that any truth is absolute has caused confusion for many people but the fact that life is absolute and death is absolute gives the lie to this anti-Christian belief. As God continues to speak to us through His living Word we can rest assured that He will continue to guide us daily! :)

(Spiritual) hearing comes by the Word - who is Jesus, and He is Life. When the Word is received and taken to heart, the heart (spirit of man) lives. He is no longer an animal limited to sensual responses. The man is invested by God the Father with His Spirit, and begins to learn to divest himself of the old life (sensualilty) and live according to this Spirit which he never had before to enlighten his path. This is new life, boundless and limitless. This is being born again. It's like our life before this moment is a gestation period which is now complete and a new creature is born and celebrated in Heaven by angels dancing .........

Spiritual life is the manifestation of the Word in a man or woman. We now have the mind of Christ and this will manifest in everything we do and say, more and more, from one level of glory to another. We are now not just homosapiens, but sons of God by adoption and investiture, with spiritual inheritance and capacities and a new Name - the Name of Christ our authority and dominion over all the earth. This authority was originally given over to satan by Adam, and in Christ is now returned to us in the power of His Name. What marvellous creatures we are now! Let us truly honour Him who purchased us from death for Life.

Jesus said, that when He would have to go back the Heavenly Father, He would not leave us alone on this earth to do battle with Satan by ourselves. Jesus said that He would send us a helper, the Holy Spirit of God.

When we accepted the word of truth, that being Jesus ("the Word") we became reborn. Just like Jesus told Nicodemus, that he (Nicodemus) would have to be reborn of water and spirit. That happened at our baptism. The Spirit of God was sealed in us forever.

Our spiritual life grows as we here God's word. And as the Holy Spirit in us helps us to understand God's word. The Holy Spirit will also guide us as we hear God's word to live by God's word.

1Peter 2:2-5 says this: "Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, now that you have tasted that the Lord is good. As you come to him, the living Stone---rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to Him---you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ." NIV

Our spiritual life is being fed daily with God's word, through reading it, hearing it, and living it. We grow spiritually strong with each passing day until the day that Christ will return.

Grace and peace to all.

We are not here by chance, all is an act of God. In order to be spiritually alive we must be, we got to be born again! We believe in and trust the Word of God because truly and literally it is God's Word. Our Spiritual life have everything to do with the Word. God is a true and living God that is still speaking to us today.

IN WHAT SENSE?

DIVINE SENSE, GOD CHOSE TO GIVE US SPIRITUAL

BIRTH THROUGH HIS WORD AND THIS WORD IS REVEAL

TO US IN TH BIBLE, "THE WORD OF GOD".

WHAT DOES SPIRITUAL LIFE....?

WE ARE BORN OF THE FLESH

AND THE FLESH IS FULL OF CHARACTER

DEFFECTS, "SINS", BUT THE TRUTH, THE

WORD OF GOD, CAN SAVE US AND

TRANSFORM US IN A BLINK OF AN EYE

GRANT US A NEW LIFE BY HIS GRACE

AND THEN WE BECOME HIS, SINCE THE

TRUE WAY TO WORSHIP GOD IS IN THE

SPIRIT, BUT WE NEED TO BE SPIRITUAL FIT

IF WE ARE NOT, THEN WE MUST SEEK HIS

WILL AT ALL COST

WE MUST TURN FROM INMORALITY TO MORALITY

WE MUST COME AS WE ARE AND REPENT

LEAVE OUR SELFISH WAYS AT THE ALTAR

AND ASK FOR FORGIVENESS, PICK UP OUR CROSS

AND SING TO THE LORD

GLORY TO GOD IN THE HIGHEST

MAY GOD RICHLY BLESS YOU.

God not only gave us His truth through the writing of the Bible, which is wholy inspired of God, but that thruth also became a man and lived here on heart in the form of Jesus Christ. It is through our acceptance of Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour that we receieve the new birth, the spiritual birth. We put away the old man and put on the new man. We are born again spiritually in His spirit and that is how he has brought us forth out of the darkness of sin. When we are born again spiritually and have received the Holy Spirit as our guide, we then begin to experience the Living Word of Life. The words that are found from Genesis to Revelation take on new meaning as our understanding is developed through our relationship with Christ.

The word of truth gives us knowledge and understanding through which we have the wisdom to know that we have to die to our flesh and be born again spiritually. This through having faith in God, as we know that faith is daring the soul to see beyond what the eye can see, meaning you now see in the spiritual

The word of truth is the map by which we can guide our lives. Through dependence on the Holy Spirit, and by faithful study and obedience to the Word, we become spiritually renewed.

"For the Word of God is living and active. Sharper than any doubled-edged sword; it penetrates even to the dividing of soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. (Hebrews 4:12)

The life-giving quality as well as the thoroughness and effectiveness of God's Word purges the person who studies it and that person becomes spiritually alive in Christ Jesus.