JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q4. (5:9) What does our grumbling and complaining say about us? About our faith? About our patience?

Grumbling and complaining are of the flesh and if we do this it says we are not living in the Spirit. We need to die to flesh ever day. Go to the cross as a reched sinner and ask for forgiveness from Christ. Then we need to draw close to Christ so we can have faith to live in him for another day.

I pray you all have a great day in the Lord today and every day there after till his return.

Our grumbling and complaining ways reflect our impatience with the predicaments we face. We rebel against God for events that disrupt the quiet of our lives. We do not want to be tested. We want a stress-free existence. We do not seek God

What does our grumbling and complaining say about us?

It reminds me of the Israelites after they left Egypt. It seems that before they were groaning and after they were grumbling. There is a difference between groaning and grumbling. It speaks to me of a discontented heart and spirit towards God. Of an ungrateful attitude.

As always I need work in this area!

About our faith?

It speaks to me of faith as being something that expects God to always give us everything we want . Like a magic wand otherwise we don't care about faith we would rather grumble. We want faith to be the tool that gives us everything we want rather than the gift that God gives us when He knows the way is dark to light our path. As always I need work in this area.

About our patience?

We have very little at best when we grumble. As always I need work in this area.

God Bless!

Jen

Numbers 6:24-26

Grumbling and complaining reflects an attitude of immaturity. Many times when we grumble and complain we do have a legitimate gripe but we need to reach a stage where we realize that life is not always fair. We need to bring into practise the teaching of Jesus where he says if we are slapped on one cheek we give the other cheek.If someone wants your coat give him your shirt as well. If we develop this character trait it will help solve half the conflicts in this world and it makes the person who still wants to fight for their rights look petty. I am quite weak in this area i must admit but I amconfident that He who began a good work in me will perfect it until the day of Jesus Christ

I would like a few more thoughts. Paul challenges us when he says he has learnt to be content both in great lack and in times of great provision. In another place the bible says Godliness with contentment is of great gain.

I think the best way to ensure we dont grumble and complain is to train ourselves to be content. There is a prayer i have seen where a person asks for ability to change the things they can change ability to accept what they cant change and wisdom to know the difference

Q4. (5:9) What does our grumbling and complaining say about us? About our faith? About our patience?

Q4. (5:9) What does our grumbling and complaining say about us?

We are uncontent with our situation or with someone or somthing in our lives

About our faith?

that our faith is being tested

About our patience?

that what we think is a long time, may not be long at all to God

That we are complaining against God and not trusting Him to guide our lives. That we are weak in faith that He will do what He said He would. That we live in a hurried world and have no patience to wait . We want it now. Those that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. So I choose to wait very patiently because I need His strength to guide me daily.

What does our grumbling and complaining say about us?

About our faith? About our patience?

i'm impatient to see everyone have salvation. especially those you love. i'd love to see them enjoy their life with GOD. not constantly fighting to keep thier heads above water. i'm ancious, i do see changes in people every day it's just going so slowly. and yes i agree that it would be great to have it all now. a stress free life, and seeing everyone getting along and loving one another no mater what. it will happen in all good time. GOD has his reason and time as to when this will be.

It says that we aren't where we should be with God.

About our faith?

It's lacking. I know that with me, I try not to grumble or complain but I do it sometimes and I feel bad afterwards because I have given this situation to God and I keep taking it back.

About our patience?

God's just not answering me fast enough. :rolleyes: I'm trying to be funny. His timing is perfect but my patience isn't.

It says that we are not trusting in God to handle the situations, people, or whatever trouble we encounter. We are (in other words) saying God is not in control of our lives.

About our faith?

That our faith is weak. Someone sent me an email the other day .. And it contained the message .. Faith is not believing that God can, but faith is knowing that God will. This has helped put things in a better perspective for me, personally.

About our patience?

That we have none. This is probably one of my biggest weaknesses .. complaining. Lord, teach me to use the patience that You have given me. Amen.

It says that we are swayed by what we see and not by what we should know and trust. Russell Frager wrote a song called "Yes and Amen" part of the lyrics say "I"m not afraid of circumstances, Cos I have all the answers, In Christ all of God's promises are yes and amen"

We should all live like that and when I look back at the tapestry of my life and see how perfectly everything came together, I wonder why I ever panic and fear. I'm facing a new trial now, and I think I'm just going to sit back, trust, and say "Yes and Amen".

God bless you all

susan

Ans.

Our grumbling and complaining show that we are impatient and discontented. Grumbling and complaining is displeasing to God.

The test comes when we face problems. The Israelites grumbled and complained again and again for 40 years after being delivered from bondage and were journeying to Canaan Land.

Life is exactly like that, ....a journey.

"Now these things occurred as examples to keep us from setting our hearts on evil things as they did.... And do not grumble, as some of them did--and were killed by the destroying angel" (1 Corinthians 10:6, 10)

"Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe" (Philippians 2:14-16).

Problems test our faith. When we are grumbling, we are not trusting God in that situation. In a way, we are blaming God for putting in that situation just like the Israelites did.

Grumbling shows our lack of patience.

James 1:4 "let patience have [her] perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing".

Hebrews 10:36 "For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise".

Proverbs 3:5 - 7

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil".

4a.) (5:9) What does our grumbling and complaining say about us?

4a.) Paul writes the church in Philippi: "Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life--in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing." (Philippians 2:14-16) If we are grumbling and complaining, we are not being that light.

4b.) (5:9) About our faith?

4b.) Paul tells us: "Be joyful always, pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18) Our faith will reflect the sovereignty of God in our lives; when we grumble, we are showing our weakness in faith.

4c.) (5:9) About our patience?

4c.) Jesus tells us: "By standing firm you will gain life." (Luke 21:19) Our patience will reflect our maturity.

It says that we lack patience. Complaining and grumbling show that we are not happy with our circumstances, which shows a lack of faith.

About our faith?

Our faith is lacking when we complain. Complaining about our lives comes close to blaming God for our circumstances. Faith requires the patience that a lot of us lack.

About our patience?

When we face trials in our lives we pray to God for help. Then instead of being patient and waiting for that help, we begin to grumble and complain. Our lack of patience shows a lack of faith. :rolleyes:

Our grumbling and complaining are connected to our faith and patience and above all our Christian maturity. If we are grumbling all the time, then we are still babies in Christian life. We have to learn to grow in the Spiritual life which is sans grumbling and complaining.

Our patience and faith are interlinked. If we don't have faith, our patience suffers. And faith is believing in the work of Jesus and allowing Him to control our life. If we don't do that, then the cascading effect of faithlessness leads to grumbling to complaining. We'd better be watchful as our lives are being watched by others and we should not become stumbling block for budding Christians.

Our grumbling and complaining say we are impatient and not trusting God. It says we are not living a life of faith. Hebrews 11 tells us of godly people who lived a life of faith. Faith being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Grumbling and complaining reveal a lack of faith in a time of testing. We are to rejoice in these times and give glory to God. Grumbling and complaining show a lack of patience and perhaps a lack of understanding and trusting God's ways. Proverbs 19:11a A man's wisdom gives him patience. We are not truly walking with God if we continue to grumble and complain. It reveals a lack of trust that everything is in God's hands and His timing is perfect.

About our faith? About our patience?

I think it says we don't trust God to take care of us, or think he is not taking care of it the way we think he should. It is always better for us when we wait on him. When we grumble and complain our faith goes out the door. And so does patience. We have to learn to trust God and wait patiently for him to take care of our needs. :rolleyes:

Grumbling and complaining say we have a lack of faith. We should do all we can without the summering and going on as in the days of Moses. We see what happened to the children of Israel when they started with the grumbling they wondered around for forty years. God is the same God and we don't want to be out there wondering around when he returns.

It says we have a lack of faith and we know that faith without works is dead so keep your faith alive believe and watch and wait for the return of the Lord while working for him.

A person that grumbles and complains does not have patience. They are to busy feeling sorry for themselves to know what they have or need. We can't be percent and wait if we are speaking against it. We need to be patient and rejoice in the Lord always as he told us to do. :D

What does our grumbling and complaining say about us? About our faith? About our patience?

It says that our hope, or our confident anticipation in the glory to come, is lacking. It says are faith is not what it should be because if we have enough faith then we know that "God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." So, with that in mind, patience allows us to persevere. "Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of live that God has promised to those who love Him."

Grumbling says we don't trust God's overall plan. Faith is definitely lacking here. Who's plan can we trust, ours? man's? I think not. Our impatience shows that we have a better plan. Impatience is selfishness. However, patience shows that we trust the Lord; that we have faith in all He does.

Q4.

1. Grumbling and complaining says quiet abit about our spirituality. The unsaved sees in a grumbling and complainging Christian, a person that could not be a Christian. They also see no need becomeing a Christian because if that is the way they act, "why should they themselves become a Christian?"

There are more people going to hell because of grumbling and complaining Christians.

Dr. Wilson made a statement on page 9 that I never thought of before. It goes like this: ". . . Grumbling about people is a thinly veiled way of complaining about God."

2. Whenever the lost and of course some of the Christians see or hear us grumbling and complaining, they see some with little or no faith in the Lord to accomplish what He said He would do. We tell others we have been set free of our sin, then we begin to act like non Christians, they may wonder about the "sin free person."

3. Being patient is so very important. If we draw near the Cross, then our patience can be seen by those that have no or little faith. This will bring a desire in their hearts to come to he cross of our Saviour. We are to be a light in a darken world. Is that not our goal?

Our grumbling and impatience speak volumes about the depths of our faith in God. It is a sign that we need to trust God more and to ask Him to help us to build our faith in Him.

It also shows that we have become impatient with the ways of God, and that our minds are more focused on living our lives for instant gratification instead of having a deliberate, long and fulfilling walk with God.

God's promises to us are not always immediate, but while we wait for their fulfillment, He is there giving us the support and the strength which we need to go through the challenges which we will encounter. I know that patience and waiting on God is the surest way of getting to know, as well as, growing our trust in the One who is our Creator. It is in this time of waiting that we discover the truth in these comforting and promising words to be found in Isaiah 41: 3:

"They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength;they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint"

Let us, therefore, at all times be of good courage and wait on the Lord.

Our grumbling and complaining really say that our faith is not really faith. Because faith is in believing and hoping for those things that are yet unseen. With patience we hope for something that is not yet. When we grumble we say that we do not trust in God, in His ways, in His power to help us, in His provision, His strength. We only look at our circumstances, our needs and we give voice to our fears, our doubts and our confusions. We should rather look at God