JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q5. Course Evaluation

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q5. Now that you're finished with James: Practical Christianity, what did you get out of this study? How would you evaluate the study? What can be improved?

This study has helped me to to understand and question my own beliefs, a pursuit that all Christians should do regularly.

Thank you for you guidance pastor Ralph

JohnK-Cov

As always when studying the Word, it is a growth opportunity, a way to increase faith and grow closer to God. James is a great book that keeps us inspired/motivated to continue to carry on for the Kingdom. To not grow weary of working God's plan and to love and grow, guard our faith and spread the Good News.

I am stronger in faith because of the study and eager to serve our Master deeper in my walk.

Q5. Now that you're finished with James: Practical Christianity, what did you get out of this study? How would you evaluate the study? What can be improved?

This study was particularly useful exposition to me. I am a practical person and always look for things on the practical side. As such, it opened my eyes towards the practical aspects of prayer, role of faith, healing prayers by beleivers, confessing sins to one another (a difficult aspect) and seeking the lost souls and praying for them in earnest.

Vow, what a packet!! This one really shook me and goaded me into going into the right ways of doing things. This study was a real blessing. Hats off to Pastor Ralph Wilson for his indepth analysis and points to the key material. :D

I have been further enlightened and awaken to the truth in GODs word. I felt encouraged to share other views from around the world. There is no way to live a practical christian life than when one is actually given the opportunity by the standard Jesus had set through his word.

I have been encouraged to share more with my different branches.

SHALOM pastor WILSON GOD richly bless you for this study.

Study groups can be encouraged for project works after the courses.

DELA T WOANYA ]

Q5. Now that you're finished with James: Practical Christianity, what did you get out of this study?

To remember over and over, that faith is the key to our Christianity. To keep a check on my own faith.

How would you evaluate the study?

A wonderful and marvellous look into the letter of James. A letter that can seem so harsh, yet truly has a gentle and loving message.

What can be improved?

My own faith.

This as all the studies help me to grow and learn more about God and my own Christian walk. They help keep my mind focused on Christ in the times of happiness and the times of struggle.

I am getting to know many in my family by reading their posts and the wonderful insight they have. We all have something to offer.

I can't think of anyway of improving on this study and I thank God for Pastor Ralph and for all of you who pray and do your posts.

God Bless!

Jen

Numbers 6:24-26

My husband is returning from the Middle East for a week. I appreciate your prayers. I feel so nervous sometimes.

Q5. Now that you're finished with James: Practical Christianity, what did you get out of this study?

One of the first books I ever read in the bible was James. Of course back then (1995) I was stunned to read and learn about the power of the tongue. Although I knew how a persons words could affect people I never worried about it, I was very young back then.

Since then I have grown much and I find all of the areas mentioned in James really challenging. On an individual level each one teaches you how and what should be in relation to itself and you. The emphasis is mostly on you. The greatest thing is of course learning what God expects. The hardest thing is of course our follow through. Yet, if we continue to stay focused on him, He will guide and provide what is needed. Of course I have found that there are still trials, but, that is how the book starts out, we profit from trials and if smart we also learn from them and can share our experiences with others.

I guess I get a lot of practical knowledge that can guide me in my relationships with others. Of all the subjects mentioned a few that have special meaning to me are: pride, judgment, boasting, patience, and lastly dealing with erring individuals. That last one is something that reminds me of the importance of what is important to God. He wants all to be saved. To do this all must acknowledge, confess, and believe. We acknowledge our sins, confess them and believe that he died for our sins. In so doing we have forgiveness and salvation. Sometimes people forget that and do things that are governed by the flesh and not the Spirit. When that happens we are to take action. I must admit that is the hardest one to me, people are really difficult at times. I was no different when I was lost and backsliding. I am sure many of you can relate to that.

I think the study was great. I really enjoyed reading all the responses from each of you. Although I did not supply many, I was reminded of many things by the expressed emotions in your responses. I pray for each of you in your daily walk and I also feel as though I know many of you now through your responses. I am looking forward to sharing with many of you when the new study on Philippians

My evaluation of this study is that it looked at all aspects of the

christian faith- areas of trials, faith, temptation, being an active

christian. It also called for a self-assessment of ourselves to see

whether we are walking in the faith, as God's word instructs us

too.

I believe that the book of James is a TOOL with which we can go

back time and time again, to re-examine our christian walk and

bring about correction in ourselves that will line up with God's will.

As usual, I believe Pastor Ralph tried to get us to really think and

meditate upon the answers that we gave as we reflected on our

own personal walk with the Lord. Sometimes , I wasn't sure how

I would answer, but I would often think that at times I felt the leading of the Holy Spirit in my responses.

Thank you, Pastor Ralph. I believe you have touched many brothers

and sisters in the forum and have, by the Holy Spirit, enabled them

to be better and more mature christians.

I have enjoyed this online Bible study. Oddly enough, it came at a time when I had just finished reading the Book of James.

The study enabled me to look at issues which otherwise I might not have considered. Your commentaries have done much to enlighten me. The questions asked were relevant and practical. Although I did not post on the site at all times, it was also good to read the views of others who were doing the study. Their input had a positive influence on my thinking, as well.

Doing the study was a good way of ensuring that I was constantly meditating on the Word of God, and that is so important.

There were times, like in Lesson 8, when I could personally identify with the topics which were discussed. This helped me to get a newer perspective on the workings of faith.

At the moment, I have no suggesstions for change.

In conclusion, I would encourage you Dr. Wilson to continue this Ministry to which God has called you. It is my prayer that He will increase your wisdom and understanding to enhance your interpretation of His Word, by which many lives are being positively impacted and faiths strengthened.

May God bless all of you reading this.

Q 5.

1. This study in James has made me more cautious of my walk with Christ. What I'm trying to say is, I've made more mistakes in my walk with Christ since taking this lesson, or else I've been walking in sin for quite a long time and hadn't noticed. I'm catching myself doing everyone of these sinful things James mentioned in this study.

2. All I can say about this lesson is, WOW! It has been an experience.

3. If should say this lesson needs improvements, then I would be upset at because "my sins have found me out." So I will have to say, "the improvement is needed in my life and there is no need to improve on the study."

I've done a lot of confessing and repenting...

God Bless

bob

Now that you're finished with James: Practical Christianity,

what did you get out of this study?

first it was a good lesson. i wouldn't suggest it to a new or renewed christian.

it's straight forward and harsh. that doesn't mean it wasn't good. you wouldn't

want to scare away anyone.

it made me think about my motives,thoughts,words as well as my actions.

What can be improved?

well my thoughts on improving starts with a question. this is for pastor ralph;

do you read the answerers to the questions you ask? if so when i was stuck

on the last lesson on the 3rd question why didn't i recieve a letter to explain

it to me? i was ancious to find an answer. when i didn't it made me leary.

i ended asking my monday bible study class and recieved a satisfactory

answer. yet what if i didn't have any other means but this study group?

you're an elder and are responsible for these sheep.

other than that it was great and thankyou for the ones who helped

me along the way.

What I got out of this was ---- We should always pray for each other and for those that are not saved. We must tame our tongues and be aware of what we say. Trust in God and not in what can be acquired from wealth. When sick to keep the faith and trust God to heal, asking the elders to annoint and pray. To exercise patience and to be humble and thankful for all the many blessings that God gives us everyday. To always be diligent to spread the Word and help those less fortunate. To keep the faith and trust God to do what God does best.

I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS STUDY TO ANYONE THAT NEEDS A FAITH BOOST! It has been great!!

It made me take a closer look at my own spiritual life and ask myself is my Faith as strong as I think it is.

I love this study and all of the studies Pastor Ralph has done.

What can be improved?

The studies are great; the only improvement needed, that I can think of, would be my own prayer life. :rolleyes:

5a.) Now that you're finished with James: Practical Christianity, what did you get out of this study?

5a.) I have been reminded of the Holiness of God in this study and a couple of others I am in. I have taken that for granted, and still do at times. I pray for a heart of repentance and contrition.

5b.) How would you evaluate the study?

5b.) Very good.

5c.) What can be improved?

5c.) Pastor Ralph I like your format with the message board. Great getting imput from other brothers and sisters in the Lord. Keep it the same.

Now that you're finished with James: Practical Christianity, what did you get out of this study? How would you evaluate the study? What can be improved?

This study like all of Pastor Wilson's studies has been thought provoking, edifying and caused me to search my heart concerning the practical matter of acting on my faith. This study has been great like all of these studies. That's why I keep taking them!

I'm at a loss right now as to how to improve this study. A number of improvements have been made since I first started with the studies, including the audio option, the option of purchasing a book on the study, etc. This has developed into quite a ministry. God bless you Pastor Wilson!

Much. I found myself thinking much more about my own life since I started this course. I almost gave up by the second lesson as I was fristrated and uncertain as to where I was heading. I was afraid I was getting in 'Over my head in understanding.' However, I have perserved and have completed it. However, 'the taming of the tongue', 'the role of elders', and the anointing have become much clearer to me amidst much more. The material covered have certainly opened my vision.

Grumbling and complaining has been frequent on our pastoral Charge the past weekover Easter services. I was being eaten at the decision made and did not agree with it. For several days I chewed, complained and grumbled. On the third day I decided that I would talk to the Chair of the Charge and outline my disagreements with the decision made. The folowing day changes were made and the problem was overcome. I know I have made a few people unhappy but I felt for the Charge as a whole something had to be done. As soon As I hung up the telephone after making the call I felt at peace and so relieved. By taking part in the study of James I was able to confront the issue. Prior to the study I probably would have done nothing. Thank you for asking me to a part of this study. Thank you Pastor Ralph.