JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Bring to Completion

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rolleyes:

The reason that first comes is very simply put. Paul expects G-d to finish what He started because He said He would. G-ds word is very clear on more than on occasion Jesus says that whatever He began to do in us HE will never stop working out His purpose in us. Paul is trying to encourage the Philippians that they must keep faithful, as He will remain faithful. That HE WILL do that which is intended for us to be. And that same applies to us.

If G-d tells me He will never leave me or forsake me than that says to me that I must stay believing that, so that I can continually allow His Holy Spirit to mold me, change me and grow me.

At least thats what I get from what i was reading.

Thank sfor listening.

Bless you! :)

Paul expects God to continue His blessings of grace, without which we are not able to perform the acts that the Gospel commands us to perform. As He continues to bestow His grace on them they will receive a greater understanding and therefore a greater relationship with Him. He expects God to do this because God desires for all to be saved. He is confident that God will do this because he has faith that God will do what He says He will do. We can base our expectations on the same principle. God wants us to be saved and the more we strive to live for Him the greater and deeper our understanding. The more we come into a relationship with Him the greater our faith becomes. Not by anything that we do for sure, but by the grace He bestows on us.

Paul is expecting God to complete His good work because Christ will never leave us or forsake us. God will always be faithful to us, but He won't be mocked. If we decide to test Him or take His grace for granted by living for another master and become hardened and unrepentant, don't be surprised who you'll spend eternity with (to paraphrase:..."didn't we cast out demons and heal the sick in your name?..Away from me, I never knew you"). God takes no pleasure in a servant who draws back. As long as we sincerely seek God and are repentant and eager to do His will, our heart is right. If we continue to disobey God we can lose our opportunity to repent and like Esau, weep for our Father's blessing but not get it.

One way of describing my situation at the moment is that in ways I am living through a time of famine. Not in a physical sense but definately in other ways. I am learning the importance of leaning on God and expecting him to advise and support me in every aspect of my life.

I have an imperfect husband and I am learning to allow the God of the gaps to make up the difference between what my husband can do and what I need. Believe me at times there can be some pretty big gaps but I am learning that even these God has ways and means of dealing with, sometimes in the short term and sometimes in the long term.

This work is started in me and I understand that it is part of my personalised training programme. I am not sure what I am supposed to be doing for the rest of my life but I can see a progression of learning experiences building one upon another. Some of them are on the job training as I am used in a succession of smaller roles where I am working for God but also learning as well.

Looking around the church this is not exactly a unique experience. All the well-known ministers of yesteryear have had some kind of training either before doing what they became well-known for or as on the job training. Today the same sort of individual training programme is provided by God for each of his children.

We see this happening in ourselves and others and can say that God will not let us down he will finish the task of honing us and purifying us and making us fit for his service. Well do you know of anyone who can truly say God let them down! Yes it was hard work and uncomfortable at times but since when has purification been easy. Paul just wanted to encourage them yes If God has started the job then he will not leave if half-finished but will take it onto completion.

Susan

Q3. (1:6) What does Paul expect God to do for the Philippian believers? Why does he expect God to do this? What is the basis of Paul's confidence? On what basis can we expect God to do this for us?

Paul expects - no, Paul knows God and that we do nothing out of our own strength. No one comes to faith expect by God's calling. Paul knows God - - He knows HIm to be faithful and to do what He says - - God can do no less. That also answers the why - -

God's promises are solid - He said we will not be forsaken, and that He won't leave us - - that is what we can expect of God and what Paul expected is that God will do all for us that is good for His kingdom - - because He is God and we are not!

Q3. (1:6) What does Paul expect God to do for the Philippian believers? Why does he expect God to do this? What is the basis of Paul's confidence? On what basis can we expect God to do this for us?

Paul expects God to help the Philippians until they have completed the work God wants them to complete.

He expects God to do this because God promises us he will never leave nor forsake us. The basis of Paul's confidence is in knowing God; that He does not quit or give up on us. He has promised to finish the work He has begun and we will continue to grow and mature in our faith until we meet Jesus face to face. We can expect God to complete the work He began in us because from the moment we accepted Jesus He has promised that He will never leave us. By his grace we will mature into what He has planned for us.

What does Paul expect God to do for the Philippian believers? Why does he expect God to do this?

What is the basis of Paul's confidence?

On what basis can we expect God to do this for us?

Paul expects God to complete the good work He started in them because Paul knows and believes God's promises. God will finish what He has begun!

As I was working on this the song He who began a good work in you was playing on Christian radio!

Praise God!!

God Bless!

Jen

Numbers 6:24-26

Q3. (1:6) What does Paul expect God to do for the Philippian believers?

Well, Paul expects God to do what He always does. God loves the Philippians and He will guide them and help them to grow and become the people that He wants and knows that they can and will be. I hope that made since to everyone.

Why does he expect God to do this?

Because Paul knows God and with that knowledge he knows what to expect or not to expect from Him.

Same as above. They say knowledge is power. :D

Because He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. Praise God!

Q3. (1:6) What does Paul expect God to do for the Philippian believers? Why does he expect God to do this? What is the basis of Paul's confidence? On what basis can we expect God to do this for us

Paul expects God to finish the good work that He has already started in them. He expects Him to do so, 'cause he knows the price God has paid for them. God gave His only son to save them and to start His work in them paying all this He won't give up on them without completing this good work that He is doing in them. Paul's confidence is from what he himself expereinced in his walk with God. Once we have given our life for God to work in us we can be sure that He will accomplish it and complete it fully.

God alone can make us ALL WE CAN BE. Paul is assured of God's faithfulness because God has proven it in Paul's own life. Paul is confident that God will complete what HE has begun in all believers - to bring us to Christlikeness - as individuals and as the Body of Christ, the Church.

God is no respecter of persons, what He does for one believer, He does for all - but, it is an individualized program of training that He sets up for each of us and we must do our part and stay focused. To look too closely at what God is doing for another causes us to compare and complain and stays God hand for a time in our own training.

God is always working to complete us, but sometimes we play hookey and don't show up for class or get distracted with 'things of this world'. This prolongs the work but it doesn't mean God has stopped the process. He waits, patiently and faithfully for us to show up again. Often, He will allow things in our lives that will cause us to run back to Him. This is tough love, but most definitely LOVE.

(1:6) What does Paul expect God to do for the Philippian believers?

what he has done for the apostles. given them the holy spirit to guide them.

Why does he expect God to do this?

all true christians are disciples who will continue jesus' work

he knows that GOD won't abandon us.

he said that he would!

Lesson 1 Q 3

(a) Paul expects God to do for the Philippian believers is to work through them until the day of Christ Jesus. Paul wants them to enjoy progressively richer and deeper spiritual knowledge which will mould their lives to God's pattern.

(B) He expects God to do this because it is God who began the work in them.

© The basis of Paul's confidence is he knows God's faithfulness and of God's involvement in their salvation.

(d) The basis we can expect God to do this for us is our faith, believing God is working through us and will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. When we repent and turn to God, He gets involved in our life. Amen!

Paul knows that God will keep the Phillipians (and all of us believers) from the time of their salvation, by grace, through eternity. He will work in us to mature us and conform us to His likeness. Nothing will steal us from His plan and His safekeeping. He will work out His plan for us throughout our lives.

Paul knows this because He knows the One who has called him. He knows this because He has seen and experienced God's faithfulness. He knows this because He has heard from others the teachings and promises of Jesus, God's Son. He knows this because he has been inspired by God to write and share this message. And, his confidence is in God alone.

We can expect God to do this for us because the inspired Word of God tells us so.

Paul is telling the believers in Philipi and us today that based on our faith in the finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ, GOD has declared us saints and that He will finish the work that He has started, until the Day of Christ.

Paul expects GOD to do this because GOD is always faithful and He has said that He will do it. GOD cannot lie.

We can expect GOD to do this for us on the same basis that Paul based his belief, on the finished work of Christ on the cross.

He expects God to continue working in the believers the good work He started in them until Jesus returns. The basis of Paul's confidence is his knowledge and personal relationship with God, both through experience and the scriptures. We can expect God to do this for us on the same basis, if we desire it. It is something we must continue to search for, by the study of scripture, fellowship with other believers and our times alone in prayer and meditation with the Holy Spirit.

Paul expects God to continue to help them grow to maturity in their Christian walk. Because Paul know's that God is faithful and He is involved in our salvation. If God says He will do something it will be done. When we accept Christ and are born-again God works in us through His Holy Spirit to give us knowledge and wisdom.

We can expect this for us also because God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow, therefore His promises are for all time.

We can have confidence in god's faithfulness, God is truth and He cannot lie.

What does Paul expect God to do for the Phillipian Believers?Why does he

expect God to do this?What is the basis of Paul's confidence?On what basis

can we expect God to do this for us?

Paul expects God to fullfill the calling He has placed into the Phillipian believers, and to establish them in their calling, and strenghten them to

carry out His Will.

Paul expects God to do this because the Phillipians have joined themselves

to Paul to be supportive to him in the body of Christ, in carrying out the will

of God.

The basis of Paul's confidence is having been tested by God and having seen the direction of God in his own life-showing that God is faithful.

WE can expect God to also do this for us because His WORD says so, and

God will not go back on HIS WORD

Paul expects that God will sustain and use the church to His gloryPaul feels that the Philippians have been "getting it right" in their pursuit of worshiping the Father-and he expects that they will be duly rewarded. This expectation comes from the knowledge of the sanctifying grace that comes from the faith that they had in Jesus Christ.

The same is true of each of us-that if we put our faith in Jesus, we will be both justified and sanctified by the Father.

Paul expects God to complete the good work He has begun in the philippian believers.

He expects God to do this because his own experience of God tells him that God is faithful to His purpose and to His children, and will remain with them to complete the vision He has for each one of them.

The basis of his confidence is his own personal relationship with God, begun on that Damascus road, years beforehand, and the learning that He has undertaken ever since. In other words his confidence is in the word and the revelation of God, Who Jesus is, and the power of the HolySpirit that is currently active in Him.

God is faithful and never changes His style! He is also faithful to us, and will remain with us to complete the work He has begun in us.

Paul expects that God's spirit will continue to work within the Philippians (and us) transforming them into the image of Jesus Christ. We know this process of perfection as "sanctification". For it is God who is working in you, enabling you both to will and to act for His good purpose. (Phi 2:13)

Paul understands that man cannot make this journey alone. Without God's continuing grace at work in our hearts, we would surely fall astray. Though he falls, he will not be overwhelmed, because the LORD holds his hand. (Psa 37:24)

Paul knows that God will not abandon the Christian community, but instead, his unending grace will continue to perfect us, until the end of times when Jesus Christ returns to earth and claims his saints. The LORD will fulfill His purpose for me. LORD, Your love is eternal; do not abandon the work of Your hands. (Psa 138:8)

Paul's confidence stems from his personal experience with God's work in his life and from the Word of his Savior. "I give them eternal life, and they will never perish