JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q2. (2:22) Who has come alongside you to teach you?

I am so blessed that I have sisters that are older than I that love the Lord and worked in the church for many years. They in turn came back home they where full of zeal and love for the Lord Jesus Christ and in turn took time to tell me about him and how to obey his word and work for his glory. I had many Pastors that helped me along the way to become who I am today. If it was not for some of them I would never have grown to become who I am in Jesus. I am nothing without the Lord but with him I know because of his word I can do all things and nothing is impossible with Jesus. Thank you Pastor Parker from my young years and all the others that have gave me so much help. My sisters Vada, Eva, and Jean for the wonderful way they showed me it is not a chore to serve God for a pleasure. Thank you Jesus for all those you have placed in my life to lead me closer to you. :wub:

What potential leader in your church needs someone to come alongside them?

Every young person male or female I see as a potential leader. They are all blessed and have so many different talents. I know that the next generation will serve God without great hope and love for they are being loved and taught how to love and show love. I love each one of them I cannot name them you do not have enough room on this page. Thank you Jesus. :D

Do you have a person or two that you are mentoring "as a son with a father" or "a daughter with a mother"?

I have many younger friends some male mostly female because of me being a woman they come to me for advice and I love them and try to help them always with the word so I know it is the right thing. If they have problems I can't find in the word we pray till God shows us what is right and so far he has always given me a scripture to help them. I want to thank him again for those that I love and try to help, Mary, Paul, Laura and many others all who come asking I want to help find the answer in the word of God. I love them all. :wub:

Q2. (2:22) Who has come alongside you to teach you? What potential leader in your church needs someone to come alongside them? Do you have a person or two that you are mentoring "as a son with a father" or "a daughter with a mother"?

I had not had alot of teaching till i came online. Even though I been saved a long time.My parents were christians but didn't really talk to us about it. But a lady friend online has taught me so much that i know i couldn't learn on my own. And I go into a church room at night and i have learned alot from them as well. Its good to have someone that knows how to teach that you will learn and grow. :rolleyes:

I would love to mentor someone, but right now i really don't have anyone. I know it has helped me alot. Also know i have a long ways to go. :rolleyes:

I was raised Catholic. I went to church weekly and was brought up in Catholic schools. My Mother's example was of love and forgiveness. While she still remains a Catholic, I became a member of an Assemblies of God church. I am currently mentoring my older sister.

Who has come alongside to teach you? What potential leader in your church needs someone to come alongside them? Do you have a person or two that you are mentoring?

When we fist became believers an elder in the church we attended started a Bible study just for John and I. Even when we left to go back overseas that Bible study continued for other new believers.

I don't really have a church that I regularly attend now.

Any mentoring right now is mostly in my family and even that I am rather hesitant to push to hard.

God Bless!

Jen

Numbers 6:24-26

Q2. (2:22) Who has come alongside you to teach you? What potential leader in your church needs someone to come alongside them? Do you have a person or two that you are mentoring "as a son with a father" or "a daughter with a mother"?

Mary Beth McFall brought me to know the Lord--not just as my savior, but also personally as my Lord! She has since gone to be with Him, but her influence lingers on. :D

Yes, the pastor, but he does not listen to anyone, nor does he see that not visiting the sick and elderly is neglect that harms the witness of our Lord. :huh:

Yes. A young lady in Far East Russia that had served with us as our interpreter and her husband are going through terrible times that is trying their belief in the love of God! She reached out to me, and God is enabling me to reach out to her. Please pray for Lena and Sasha! :o

Our church has accountability partners and I facilitate a 12-step recovery group. Our purpose is to mentor our new members and walk beside them as they grow in the Lord. We all need that mentor in our lives that can keep us walking the straight and narrow road.

Lesson 5 Q 2

(a) The people who have come alongside of me to teach me: A Sunday School Superintendent; two clergy from my early years in my walk with God; both my parents; my husband and son. Also I am attending a church at night (because there is no service at night in the church I am a member of) and the Mrs. Pastor is a great example to me.

(B) In the church I attend at night there are a few young people that are being trained for youth pastors. They need someone to come alongside of them.

© No, I do not have anyone that I am mentoring at the present time. My church that I am a member of do not practice mentoring but the church I attend at night are really involved with taking people under their wings. Who knows, someday God may place me in that position. I know I can mentor without my church. Amen?

JUST LOOK AT ALL THESE BOOKS, WITH ALL THOSE TEACHERS, JUST WAITING FOR US TO OPEN THEM, AND SEE WHAT THEY HAVE TO SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OLD TESTAMENT NARRATIVE

[*]11. The First Book of Kings

[*]12. The Second Book of Kings

[*]13. The First Book of Chronicles

[*]14. The Second Book of Chronicles

[*]15. The Book of Ezra

[*]16. The Book of Nehemiah

[*]17. The Book of Esher

[*]MINOR PROPHETS

[*]28. The Book of Hosea

[*]29. The Book of Joel

[*]30. The Book of Amos

[*]31. The Book of Obadiah

[*]32. The Book of Jonah

[*]33. The Book of Micah

[*]34. The Book of Nahum

[*]35. The Book of Habakkuk

[*]36. The Book of Zechariah

[*]39. The Book of Malachi

• NEW TESTAMENT
  • 40. The Gospel According to Matthew
  • 41. The Gospel According to Mark
  • 42. The Gospel According to Luke
  • 43. The Gospel According to John
  • 44. The Acts of the Apostles

• PAULINE EPISTLES
  • 45. The Epistle of Paul to the Romans
  • 46. The First Epistle of Paul to the Corinthians
  • 47. The Second Epistle of Paul to the Corithians
  • 48. The Epistle of Paul to the Galatians
  • 49. The epistle of Paul to the Ephesians
  • 50. The Epistle of Paul to the Philippians
  • 51. The Epistle of Paul to the Colossians
  • 52. The First Epistle of Paul to the Thessalonins
  • 53. The Second Epistle of Paul to the Thessalonians
  • 54. The First Epistle of Paul to Timothy
  • 56. The Second Epistle of Paul to Timothy
  • 57. The Epistle of Paul to Philemon

• GENERAL EPISTLES
  • 58. The Epistle to the Hebrews
  • 59. The General Epistle of James
  • 60. The First Epistle of Peter
  • 61. The Second Epistle of Peter
  • 62. The first Epistle of John
  • 63. The Second of John
  • 64. The Third Epistle of John
  • 65. The Epistle of Jude
  • 66. The Book of Revelation (or) The Apocalypse

My TEACHERS gave me 66 Books, 1189 Chapters, and 31102 verses to read , to study, and to ask them questions when I needed help with understanding their messages. They also made sure that I had access, to any study tool

that we are blessd with today.

As a mentor we should try to help (whomsoever) will, look for help in the WORD OF GOD. See The Shepherd's Chapel

• WISDOM LITERATURE
  • 18. The Book of Job
  • 19. The Book of Psalms
  • 20. The Book of Proverbs
  • 21. The Book of Ecclesiates
  • 22. The Song of Songs (or Song of Solomon)

• MAJOR PROPHETS
  • 23. The Book of Isaiah
  • 24. The Book of Jeremiah
  • 25. The Book of Lamentations
  • 26. The Book of Ezekiel
  • 27. The Book of Daniel

I am very thankful for my FIRST TEACHER: GOD!!!!!

THE SON!!! JESUS ( Immanuel ) which means: God With Us. THE HOLY SPIRIT, WISDOM AND KNOWLEDGE.

• The BOOKS of the BIBLE
  • LAW
  • 1. The First Book of Moses Called Genesis
  • 2. The Second Book of Noses Called Exodus
  • 3. The Third Book of Moses Called Leviticus
  • 4. The Fourth Book of Moses Called Moses
  • 5. The Fifth Book of Moses Called Deuteronomy
    OLD TESTAMENT NARRATIVE
  • 6. The Book of Joshua
  • 7. The Book of Judges
  • 8. The Book of Ruth
  • 9. The First Book of Samuel
  • 10. The Second Book of Samuel

I actually was brought to the Lord by a dear friend ( who was a stranger at the time) who I worked with at Friendlys, she lead me to the Lord and then proceeded to mentor me, provided me with tons fo books to read to encourage me to grow me. She provided me with Music to encourage and hep me to worship in that way. She was (IS) a wonderful sister in the Lord and friend.

I have to say though that in the 5 almost 6 years I've been saved, the recent year has been probably THE MSOT growth because of my friend and mentor. She is no hold barred , she challenges me and speaks truth to me all in the same time she listens and embraces me.

SHe is a living testimony of what a woman of God truly is, someone I'd like to end up just like.

She is the closest thing to a living example of Christ I think I've ever met.

I am in the proces of beginning to mentor two yound girls I know who just recently received Jesus and I pray that I can be to them what my friend Sue has been to me.

:D

2a.) (2:22) Who has come alongside you to teach you?

2a.) I like Alisicia's answer. Amen! But I have had several people in my life and do.

2b.) (2:22)  What potential leader in your church needs someone to come alongside them?

2b.) My son, colleague and accountability partners.

2c.) (2:22) Do you have a person or two that you are mentoring "as a son with a father" or "a daughter with a mother"?

2c.) Yes.

Over the years, the Lord has sent different people at different times. I will always be grateful for advice many years ago from an older woman in my church who was a fellow pianist and helped me grow in my earliest years of church service. Another woman who taught a Bible study that I attended for over decade made a huge impact on my desire for the mind of Christ and helped me discover a love for teaching the Word myself. A couple of particularly close Christian friends have helped encourage me through the many stages of marriage and parenting.

Right now, I teach a Sunday School class of young single

Those of you who have had or have a mentor or an accountability partner are so fortunate. I have served in many leadership roles in our church and in Christian organizations for many years and have often wished for somebody to come aside of me. Leadership can be a very lonely position. I thank God for a Godly father and grandfather who have helped me, trained me and set examples for me. I thank God for Godly men who came into my life while I was in high school. But, through the years help, support, and encouragement have often been nonexistent - especially from pastoral staff and other church leaders, much to my regret.

All leaders - as well as potential leaders - in your church need someone to come alongside of them. If you can't be that one for them, then pray that they might be fortunate to find that special someone or group. If not, they could end up frustrated, lonely, discouraged and maybe even defeated.

I am trying to mentor my sons and grandchildren - as did my father and grandfather for me. But I pray that they will find other Godly men to come alongside them and mentor and support them.

Who has come alongside you to teach you?What potential leader in your

church needs someone to come alongside them?Do you have a person or

two that you are mentoring?

This very ministry (Joyful Heart) is a mentor to me, helping me to search

God's word so that I may contribute to the forum. Two new board members

need people to come alongside them. I did have the opportunity to teach

a new believer's class to be a mentor to them.

These are difficult questions. I never had anyone come alongside me to teach me. My "teacher" was a very sick man who taught me many things. Yes, God put him there and I am very blessed.

Is there a potential leader in the church for me to mentor? Some have attached themselves to me, and as we spend time together sharing who we are and our Jesus, I do seem to have some effect on them and how they operate. I just put forward how I see things, and they seem to take it on - not because I'm any great leader, but because it's God's Word. They also keep me accountable and bless me deeply.

B)

I have been very fortunate to have many mentors in my life. I was an athiest for a long period in my youth and God always put somebody in my life to change my way of thinking. At times I was very angry about that. The minister across the street, my college phys. ed. teacher, teachers at ORU. I could list a hundred people through out my life starting at the age of 14. God had blessed me with many people to shape and mold me into what God wants me to be. From being a devout athiest to a full-fledged minister was quite a trip.

Our churches Lead Usher has much potential to do more of God's work but is a little timid about taking the first step. As Lead Usher he is responsible for coordinating the ushers duties each week. He greets everyone that comes through our doors with a smile and is very knowledgable in regards to what the Bible says about service to others. He responds well to direction. Our deacon has taken him under his wing to teach him and help him become a leader in our church.

Yes I do. I am mentoring as a church member to a person who serves the Lord. (Not as a Minister). He has not taken the giant leap to belief but we talk about the finer points of God and have "arguments" together. He has taught me a thing or two about how to reach an analytical and extremely skeptical person. He keeps coming back to church so with the Lord's help I am doing something right.

JESUS LOVES YOU, HE REALLY LOVES YOU

Over the years I have had many good teachers. One at the present time is a real good friend that I can share anything with and know that it is taken to the throne room in serious prayer. I don't know how spiritual some are in church so I just pray for them all. Some I call out their names and some I don't but God knows them all and their needs at that time. I am not mentoring at this time.

One of the most profound teachers I have had I never met and that is Corrie Ten Boom. In person God sent John and Anneke Mol.

I see Gary as a potential leader that the men in our church are coming alongside very nicely.

I have a lady that God has blessed me with in mentoring but right now I have three children in the church. Two who have been taken from a drug abusing mother and have no fathers, and one who has a wonderful single mom but absentee father.

There have been several leaders that have taken an interest in helping me along on my faith walk. I thank them for being patient with me, and for their gentle correction when necessary.

As a result of my most recent instruction, our church is going to start up an accountable discipleship group that will be designed to challenge and support those of us in the group, as well as in aiding the pastor and the church as a whole. We will be inviting several potential new leaders into this group.

yes there are a few woman friends one wich recently came into my life, backround: mothers influance is of jehova witness, she is confused and void of any real truth concerning, salvation "the meaning, heaven/hell recarnation and void really of peace. the other a mixed belief of catholic afluance/johova witness. she to is reaching for understanding, seems over the last 6months of a two yr friendship is coming more and more to understand, faith/grace oposed to works and doomed to hell. i take it one day at a time careful not to mislead or misinterpret information leading to salvation. in the two there is a foundational aspect needed wich by the grace of god one is there, and still learning. the other we have just begon.

then my step son is a muslim wich has been quit a chalenge over two yrs wich i can only pray for strenth and guidance, the discernment to now of the spirit not my emotions,, when to let go.

there is only one who i will say not only came along side of me, but "planted the seed, she is home with the lord now, she pointed me to christ, explained to me by telling me to read the gosple of john. the trinity of the god head, about 2yrs later i gave my life to christ, that was 10yrs ago, i have never met another like her, my prayer is to be in like minded and strenth as she was in boldness even when others laughed at her. she laid a foundation wich god brought alive in me, and now it is the gosple of john wich i point everyone to, then as god progresses that relationship it moves into the strenth and faith and guidance that comes from knowing christ as our savior.

• 1 month later...

Q2. Who has come alongside you to teach you?

A couple of wonderful people have educated me on and have taught very well.

What potintial leader in your church needs someone to come alongside them? right now, we are looking for a bible based church in our area.

Do you have a person or two that you are mentoring :as a son with a father, or ' daughter with a mother'? Yes,

• 1 month later...

The holy spirit has come along side to teach me the word of God through called ministers and teachers. We all must read our bibles daily, pray for understanding. It is good to have bible classes and internet teachings as long as we know it all comes from the word of God and is truth. It is good to come along side of your leaders in your church, if you fee God has called you to do so. There is one lady in our church who really encourages our children's ministry. We all serve in many different ways and it is good when others come along side of you to support what is being done for God with all our love.