JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. The Upward Call of God

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've actually heard a loud thought that wasn't from me. The thought said "you are here to seek the truth". I was around 12 or 13 at the time. A vision accompanied the thought. I believe I was called to teach. I haven't received anything since that would re-confirm the teaching. However, I have been teaching art for two years, so that may be part of the plan. I believe that my straying from God dimmed my hearing. Thank God he brought me back to the fold 4 years ago. I know my hearing His voice will increase as I grow closer to Him. I know He is always speaking to us and it is our sins that prevent us from hearing Him. The content of the call is to preach/teach His message to others.

Being called upwards by God is like feeling the love of someone that you hold very special in your heart, someone that you love and they want to spend time with you. Like being chosen one out of many for a very important position. I think that anyone who is a real Christian has been called by God at some point or another. I think that God

Q2. (3:14) What is it like to be called upwards by God? Have you ever experienced this? What causes God's call to become dim in our hearing? How can we renew our hearing of his call? What is the content or specifics of this message or summons or call?

Being called upwards by God is paradox, in order to go up in God you need to go deeper in Him. For me daily life's busyness dims my hearing. I work in a doctor's office and the pace is so fast and constant that loose conscious touch with the Lord, forget to ask Him before I say or make a decision that I should have stopped for a moment and breathed a quick prayer.

I can renew my hearing by feeding my spirit with bible studies like this, reading spiritual books as well as my bible, talking about the Lord with fellow believers, regular worship corporate and individual.

'The content always into revelation of myself and areas to surrender to Him and ways I can be a more service in His kingdom and best of all results in a deeper closeness to Him.

2a.) (3:14) What is it like to be called upwards by God?

2a.) Freedom in Christ.

2b.) (3:14) Have you ever experienced this?

2b.) January 2000.

2c.) (3:14) What causes God's call to become dim in our hearing?

2c.) Lack of consistent prayer and devotional life. Hardening of heart to God's leading.

2d.) (3:14) How can we renew our hearing of his call?

2d.) "If we confess our sins, he is fatihful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9)

2e.) (3:14) What is the content or specifics of this message or summons or call?

2e.) "Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did." (1 John 2:6)

Lesson 7 Q 2

(a) What is it like to be called upwards by God?

It is a privilege. An invitation. A calling to Salvation. To know Christ fully and to be in perfect relationship with Him.

(B) Have you ever experienced this?

Yes, Amen!

© What causes God's call to become dim in our hearing?

Looking at our past. Letting Satan attack us. Not forgiving ourselves.

(d) How can we renew our hearing of His call?

By forgiving ourselves and turning our eyes from the past to the present and future with Christ.

(e) What is the content or specifics of this message or summons or call?

To know Christ fully. Turning our eyes upon Jesus.

To be called upwards by God is God calling us out of darkness into his marvellous light. In 1 Peter 2:9, the Bible says, we are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a perculiar people, to show forth the praises of him who has called us out of darkness into his marvellous light. God has called unto a higher task of being obedience to him at all times and fellowshipping with him.

God's call becomes dim in our hearing when we disobey him, when we don't spend enough time with him and also when we allow the things of the world to take the first place instead of God.

We can renew our hearing of his call by spending quality time in fellowship with Him i.e. in worshipping Him, in Bible studies, Prayer and Fasting and listening to the still small voice.

The contents of this call is to be obedience to Him and serve Him with our whole being.

It is an invitation to experience special privileges and responsibilities by God. He called me to salvation was one time, another was to experience some miracles of healing both personally and with another person. His call would become dim when we think we are the focal point. By always turning to God and giving Him the Praise, because we can do nothing of ourselves. Always stay in fellowship with Christ, giving up all else.

Q2. (3:14) What is it like to be called upwards by God? Have you

ever experienced this? What causes God's call to become dim in our

hearing? How can we renew our hearing of his call? What is the

content or specifics of this message or summons or call?

Q2. (3:14) What is it like to be called upwards by God?

Its a call of salvation. A close intimate relationship with Jesus :rolleyes:

Have you ever experienced this?

yes, i love him with all my heart. :D

What causes God's call to become dim in our hearing?

when we start looking at other things instead of keeping our eyes on the prize. If our focus is not on him he can't hear us. :(

How can we renew our hearing of his call?

By keeping our focus on him and not on anything in this world :)

What is the content or specifics of this message or summons or call?

To always follow him. Be obey all he ask us to do. To press on. :unsure:

To be called upward is to be lifted out of the sin and shame that one has lived in without Christ Jesus. To receive him as your Lord and Savior to know that he is Christ Jesus the Son of the Living God without any dough and know he died to save me. :wub:

Yes Praise the Lord I accepted his call as a child and then had no real teaching but knew he was the one that was helping me to be who I was. Then went back into the world and was called unto him again at the age of 19 this time fully in a full gospel church where I learned how and why I needed to press upward as do we all to his calling to work or run to achieve the prize of the high calling.

Lack of knowledge, not reading his word will dim our hearing of the calling. Not obeying the things that are written within the pages of the Bible and not studying to show yourself approved a workman called of God will dim our hearing. :rolleyes:

Jesus never leaves us or forsake us that is one of the many promises he has given us. To renew our hearing we need only to ask him to forgive us our laziness and complacent attitude and go back to doing the things we let go off that let us hear. Read his word and obey it and we can hear again. :)

To let us know that the prize is more than heaven it is something we live here on earth. Not just something we reach for upon his return. We are blessed here on earth and we walk here on earth our call is to go forth and tell others to witness and let others know how Great Jesus is not us but our Lord. We are blessed more than any other country I have read about we need to share the good news. :wub:

To be called upwards by God is to be called to a closer walk with Christ. To press on in this journey always becoming more and more like Christ. Focus on the spiritual, not just the worldly things.

God's call becomes dim when we are out of fellowship with Him such as getting caught up in the worlds cares, unforgiveness in our hearts, or just not taking the time to spend with Him.

We can renew our hearing by confessing our sins and forgiving people we have not forgiven. By concerntrating more on Christ and less on the things of this world. SPEND TIME WITH HIM.

The call is for service to Christ. It is a life time thing and we never finish until we are home with Him. Going on each day learnig to be more like Christ. Walking in the spirit.

Q2. (3:14) What is it like to be called upwards by God? Have you ever experienced this? What causes God's call to become dim in our hearing? How can we renew our hearing of his call? What is the content or specifics of this message or summons or call?

We are all called, but the question is do we answer. I think being called upwards is to live in the Spiritual most of the time. A goal every believer wants to obtain. I currently am unemployed at 61 and the prospects of new jobs is not good because of age, but God has called me upwards to rely on His provision daily.

My favorite scripture about being called is Isaiah 6 printed below - it is a perfect picture of our salvation

1 In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple. 2 Above him were seraphs, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying. 3 And they were calling to one another:

"Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty;

the whole earth is full of his glory."

4 At the sound of their voices the doorposts and thresholds shook and the temple was filled with smoke. ACKNOWLEDGE GOD'S HOLINESS

5 "Woe to me!" I cried. "I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty." ACKNOWLEDGED HIS OWN SINFULNESS

6 Then one of the seraphs flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar. 7 With it he touched my mouth and said, "See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for." WE ARE SAVED BY GRACE

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" GOD CALLS

And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" HE RESPONDS

9 He said, "Go and tell this people:

" 'Be ever hearing, but never understanding;

be ever seeing, but never perceiving.' THE MESSAGE

What is it like to be called upwards by God?Have you ever experienced this?What causes God's call to become dim in our hearing?How can we renew our

hearing of His call?What is the content of this message?

To be called upwards by God is very special, inasmuch as God chose us before the foundation of the world. God said , " ye are a chosen people,

a royal priesthood , a peculiar people that we should show forth His praises."

I experienced this on Nov. 9,1975 in a morning church service-an inner voice

that required me to make the choice of salvation.

God' call becomes dim to our hearing when the world becomes attractive to

me, when one slacks off on their daily bible reading, when prayer becomes

a chore more than a desire and when God isn't given priority in a time schedule.

I believe the content of this message is , " That I may know Him", and the

power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings.

1. Heartwarming, hopeful, peaceful, deep joy, a sense of privilege, futuristic....

2. Inthe Spirit once, I was taken by Jesus, my bridegroom, past a house with kennels for dogs (this looked good to me but didn't please Jesus and had to be left behind) to a very plain and ordinary hotel near a beach where we would meet at any time I wanted between doing my thing with friends on the beach. I was told that although it was very ordinary, it was only temporary, and later there would be a beautiful palace for our meeting and living. I always loved returning to the hotel to be with my beloved.

3. If we do not "return to the hotel" we could become lost with the friends inthe world.

4. Never miss out on the rendezvous at the "hotel". There one's heart willbe continualy warmed, taught, loved truly. There one's knowledge will grow past the things of this world into the eternal. There one's desires for Truth and the beloved will be refreshed and become powerful, and one's heart tuned to the almighty, eternal Jehovah.

5. It's the call to the eternal, the Truth, to Love, to action, to fruitfulness, to specific purpose that Father has for each one, - the SPECIFIC WORKS that God has prepared for us to walk in, to the walk through the Valley of the shadow of death(which this earth has become for so many people) with Jesus Christ, conformed to His death, in the fellowship of His sufferings, and in the power of His resurrection.

To be called "upwards" or heaven ward is a great feeling. It is a call to come and get to know Him on a more personal level. To hear what He says that He wants for our lives. It is a call to spiritually stand up straight' To receive Christ into our hearts so we can do His will, so you know there will be a crown of righteaousness awaiting you.

Yes I have. I was very stubborn about it but I was called to do. God has called me to do many things and I stand (most of the time) and do what He has called because I know it is all in preparations for finishing the race. There are times that I think God is out of His mind and I don't stand but He keeps at me until I do the right thing.

Many things can cause our call to become dim. Being around unbelievers. Second guessing what you think God is calling you to do. You name it, there are stumbling blocks all over. You must keep a sharp eye at all times for Satan is cunning and it is his job to trip you up.

Get back into the Word. Pray and pray often.

To get ourselves right with God - salvation and be examples for others that they might come to know Him and the calling He has for them.

JESUS LOVES YOU, HE REALLY LOVES YOU!!! :D

It is to be saved, redeemed. To know that God loves us, no matter what we do.

Yes I have, Praise the Lord!

Our focus leaves Him, and is on the things of this world. We no longer study His Word, or attend Worship Services with other believers.

Get into a Bible Study group with other believers and pray consistently.

Just like the song says,

There are moments when we know God is moving us around to suit his purpose. These moments often profoundly alter the course of our travel in this world (Even though we often have no recollection later that He has visited our secret places). He reaches out to us in answered prayer, through seemingly un-connected events in our lives or even by us making unconscious decisions that reroute our lives.

The stresses of everyday living cause us to be easily distracted in our spiritual life. We wind up unsure if God has called our name or if we just bounced a check. We need to renew every day, often more than once in the day. We can do this by quitting the rat race for a few and becoming still in the Lord. We can pray, fast read the word or reach out to another believer for support. INn the end we must get back to the idea that this is all about Him, and it is for His glory that we have been loaned these bodies. He wants us to know that He loves us and that He feels our pain; that Jesus has made us right with Him.

What is it like to be called upwards by God? Have you ever experienced this?

it's great, let's you know that you're not just here to take up time. not just exisisting but have a function to help Jesus help as much of the world as can be helped (if they're willing)

How can we renew our hearing of his call? What is the content or specifics of this message or summons or call?

how about GOD"s testing us the devil's oppotunity to get in and take over. if you speak to Jesus all the time (everyday, several times a day) and ask him questions and for help his call will become aware to you.he won't let you down. and sometimes something that is happening may not be bad. just Jesus' way of letting go of something in the present to make way for something else in the future.

What is it like to be called upwards by God?

It is an invitation to experience special privilege and responsibility.

It is a call to experience a relationship with God on a more personal level.

Yes, I have.

Unrepentant sin.

Becoming to involved with the world.

By making sure we spend time reading and studying the Bible,as well as having a time of personal prayer on a daily basis.

It is to let go of our past,to forsake our sins,in order to have a closer walk with Jesus. :)

• 1 month later...

:blink: To be called upwards personally by the holy God, is a thrilling lifetime experience and the ONE who has called us will also empower and enable us to achieve the high calling, if we keep our ultimate aim as to fulfill the goal of reaching the standard set before us, by HIM.

Yes, I have experienced this calling firstime and many time afterwards, as I became wayward, lost sight of the goal, I was called to achieve. Lord, in all abundance of His grace, repeatedly course corrected me and put me in the right track to reach the goal and the glorious prize. This was made possible by indepth study of HIS word, by such study as this and the fellowship of believers, and above all by the gentle nudging of the Holy Spirit. The worldly involvement into my life causes to dim my ability to hear and work hard to HIS calling.

The content of this call is to live life worthy of His calling, and grow spiritually on daily basis and be a blessing to fellow believers and for HIS Kingdom. :rolleyes::lol:

• 2 months later...
:o Lesson 7 Q2 #3:14- To be called upwards= To reach the goal for which we are aiming for= the prize=the crown of righteousness! The Call=High=upward=A calling from heaven,summond by God through the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ to secure the crown. It can be ours if we dont FAINT,or TIRE or look backwards! AMEN. B)

WELL,FOR ME IT WAS A BIT SCARY,AS I FELT I WAS TO START A FOOD PANTRY .IF YOU KNEW ME YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND WHY I SAID," A BIT SCARY".I WAS NEVER A CONFIDENT PERSON,OR BELIEVED IN MYSELF,OR TO EVER THINK TO BE BOLD.BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF CONFINENCE AND SELF ESTEEM IN MYSELF I WAS ALWAYS AFRAID TO STEP OUT.I ALWAYS HAD TO PUSH MYSELF,BUT ALWAYS HAD THAT FEAR OF FAILING.I WOULD SAY THAT THIS HAD A LOT TO DO WITH BEING DIM IN GODS CALLING.I HAD OTHER OBSTACLES TO DEFEAT BEFORE I COULD GO FORWARD,AND WHEN I DID STEP OUT IT WAS SOMETHING LIKE,"TIP TOE THROUGH THE TULIPS".YES,I PRAYED A LOT.AND FOR ME IT WAS ALWAYS"OK GOD ITS YOU AND ME"BUT I STILL HAD DOUBTS IN MYSELF.

OUR CHURCH HAS AN AWESOME FOOD PANTRY NOW,AND I HAVE OVERCOME A LOT OF FEARS IN MYSELF.I BELIEVE THAT IS WHY GOD CALLED ME TO DO THIS ONE THING.GOD TAUGHT ME A GREAT DEAL,AND I JUMPED OVER THE HURDLES WITH GOD LIFTING ME UP.

THERE ARE STILL A LOT OF "STUFF"I DEAL WITH IN MY LIFE.AND NO,I AM NOT PERFECT.I MAKE MISTAKES(SIN)BUT MY GOD KNOWS ME,AND I AM LEARNING TO KNOW GOD,EACH DAY OF MY LIFE AS I MATURE AND GROW IN HIS GRACE. LIFE EXPERIENCES IS OUR BEST TEACHER.

• 2 months later...

I THINK TO BE CALLED UPWARDS BY GOD IS NOTHING BUT MIRACULOUS AND A PRIVILEGE.I EXPERIENCED THIS SEVEN YEARS AGO WHEN HE RESCUED ME FROM DEEP DARKNESS AND TRANSFORMED ME INTO HIS MARVELOUS LIGHT.SALVATION IS THE BEST GIFT I'VE EVER RECEIVED.I ALSO KNOW HE'S HAD A CALL UPON MY LIFE TO DO EXPLOITS FOR HIM SINCE I WAS YOUNGER BUT THEY WERE HINDERED.

GOD'S CALL CAN BECOME DIM IN OUR HEARING WHEN WE ARE OUT OF FELLOWSHIP WITH HIM OR WHEN WE BECOME SO DISCOURAGED THAT WE JUST WANT TO QUIT. LACK OF PRAYER AND STUDYING OF GOD'S WORD KEEP OUR SPIRITUAL EARS SHUT.WE CAN RENEW OUR HEARING OF HIS CALL ON OUR LIVES THROUGH PRAYER AND SEEKING GOD ONCE MORE ; HE USUALLY HAS A WAY OF CONFIRMING HIS PLANS TO US THROUGH THE WORD OR THROUGH HIS PROPHETS OR THE STILL SMALL VOICE OF HIS HOLY SPIRIT...GOD BLESS.....