JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Prayer with Thanksgiving

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I present a prayer of request covered with thanksgiving, I am appreciating God as the good and loving One who has all authority and power to answer according to His will and what will bring Him glory. He receives that prayer with the desire to act on it, just like I would as a parent with my child.

The opposite of faith is fear. Faith encourages me and gives me hope; fear does not. Faith honors God; fear does not. Faith moves God to act; fear does not. A thankful attitude builds my faith as I am reminded of how faith-worthy He has been in the past and of His promises for my future. It calms my fears as I remember that He is always near and always at work for good. I like the statement in this lesson that thanksgiving is the language of faith. I want to speak the language the Lord will hear!

The thanksgiving turns our hearts to confidence in the Father who has, many times, heard and answered our prayers. The thanksgiving brings in joy and peace about the situation that concerns us, for our Father is in all things, knowing, loving, and we are applying His Word which will not return to Him void.

As above, thanksgiving concerns the times Father has responded to us as His children. He is good, and we know it. Thanksgiving opens our hearts to all the Father has done and is doing in this world of ours. It is powerful in giving us understanding and knowledge of the Almighty. Our intimacy with Him is confirmed in thanksgiving (as indeed it is with any friend whom we appreciate). Thanksgiving and intimacy are not separable. Intimacy cannot exist without thanksgiving (appreciation). Thanksgiving is the key to everything inthe Kingdom of Heaven, and to all our relationships on earth. The first thing we teach our children is "Ta", the abbreviation for thank you. It is the first commonality of relationship. Thanksgiving is the builder of all relationships. Relationship does not exist without appreciation. Thanksgiving builds intimacy, and intimacy with God builds trust, giving us confidence in the God we know.

Thanksgiving is humbling acknowledging that everything is from Him and that we are nothing without Him. God loves humility and sincere thankfulness is humility. Thankfulness also demonstrates our faith - that we believe He will answer our prayers (provided they're in His will) and by thanking Him in advance demonstrates that we know He will grant our request in His time. I am always thankful in everything because I know it is only by His grace that I am alive. I am forever grateful for His love and mercy and never hesitate to express my gratitude by thanking Him. I love to thank Him.

By thanking God for the request that we make we are showing faith. We are seeing the granting of the prayer as we are making it. Faith is the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen. By offering thanksgiving in our prayer we are increasing our faith, the more we use it the more we get.

:D Even things are not going well or are worrisome, by prayer with thanksgiving, God gives me hope and sometimes perseverance. It is not because I eagerly want something, but because God is my strength. Also, prayer in thanksgiving continually guides me to the positive attitude in my faith life. Peace is from the thanksgiving to God, no matter what situation I face.

Q2. (4:6) How is a request in prayer altered by the presence of thanksgiving in the prayer? How does thanksgiving affect our faith as we pray?

We can know that we are righteous because God says we are and we can know that God does ansyer prayer - - for that we must be thankful - - and willing to accept His answer. Thanking Him shows our faith. Thanking Him takes the focus off of us and our requests and puts it back on God.

How is a request in prayer altered by the presence of thanksgiving in prayer?

I am learning a lot from my kids about thanksgiving. Sometimes we say thanks just because we feel its nice but God wants heartfelt thanks from us because we know who He is and what He does for us. I have a tendency not to express gratitude enough to Him and I am learning that through my kids. My kids are great teachers for me and sometimes I find the learning to be very painful. Thanksgiving is essential in prayer. We thank Him when we pray, not when we get the answer but for the privilege of coming to Him with our praise, rejoicing, and supplications. It does the heart of God good when we thank Him and give Him His due. When I hear gratitude from my kids I want to do more because it feels so good to see their gratitude.

Father

Please forgive me for not having an attitude of thnksgiving as often as I should and for the hurt I cause you. I do thank you because you are so wonderful to me when I am so unlovely and undeserving.

Thank you Jesus. I am here because of you. Thank you for your grace in my life.

In Jesus name,

Amen

God Bless,

Jen

Numbers 6: 24-26

Lesson 8 Q 2

(a) Request in prayer is altered by the presence of thanksgiving in the prayer by offering thanksgiving we are expressing our gratitude and thanks to God in our past situations thus expecting God to answer in the presence situation. We are showing God our faith and I believe He is willing to answer our prayers on our behalf if we have the presence of thanksgiving.

(B) Thanksgiving affects our faith as we pray by thanksgiving is the language of faith. It shows our faith and also remembers God's faithfulness. It encourages and lifts us up.

Q2. (4:6) How is a request in prayer altered by the presence of thanksgiving in the prayer? How does thanksgiving affect our faith as we pray?

By having thanksgiving in our prayers we are saying we believe God has heard our request. It is also honoring and respecting God when we express our thanksgiving. Whenever we honor, reverence and respect our God we are worshipping and whenever we worship our faith is reinforced.

Q2. (4:6) How is a request in prayer altered by the presence of thanksgiving in the prayer?

Psa 100:4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, [and] into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, [and] bless his name.

Psa 100:5 For the LORD [is] good; his mercy [is] everlasting; and his truth [endureth] to all generations.

David was always going before the Lord and he knew that he needed to do so in thanksgiving and we see it works for he was blessed of God. When we go unto him with Praise we enter into the throne room with him our praises lift our words to his ear and make them a sweet sound unto him. We need to always be thankful for he has done so much for us and we can never repay the things he has already done. When we go before him telling him how much we thank him for the help he has given in the past it opens our hearts to faith to know he will never leave us or forsake us and that the answer is already on the way. God is good and his mercy is every lasting he is worthy of all praise and thanks that we can give. :D

How does thanksgiving affect our faith as we pray?

Yes thanksgiving means we bring back into our memory the things God has done for us already the things we have seen him do in others and the things we read that he has done in his word. It makes us about to stand strong in the Lord for he is Faithful and True. He is no respecter of persons what he has done for others he will do for you. Let your faith rise for he will never let you down. Praise his Holy Name forever. Jesus I just want to thank you for who you are and all you do for me. It is wonderful knowing you are a child of the King. Hallelujah. Thank you Jesus. I love you Jesus. :wub:

How is a request in prayer altered by the presence of thanksgiving in the prayer?

saying thank you like you're putting in a request rather than asking Jesus for help. it's not the same thing Jesus isn't here to serve your every request. for all that you know you might not have the right request or answer. you might not know what Jesus has in mind for you at this time.he's the only one with all the answers. all you do is pray(ask) for help not something in particular. he'll do what's best for the situation. then you give thanks for the ressults.

2a.) (4:6) How is a request in prayer altered by the presence of thanksgiving in the prayer?

2a.) Paul tells us: "And we know in all things that God works for the good of those who love him and have been called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28-29) Our all knowing sovereign God knows what is good for us and everything we receive from him should be received in an attitude of thanksgiving.

2b.) (4:6) How does thanksgiving affect our faith as we pray?

2b.) Strengthens it.

It shows that we are thankful for all that He does for us. It shows that we expect Him to answer in His time and way when we thank Him in advance. It shows respect, faith that He will answer, gratitude for answering.

When we pray our faith is built up expecting God to answer, so when He does our faith grows to higher heights. And even more when we see the results. We may not see the results in our lifetime but every prayer is answered by God according to His Will, not our will.

I think that thanksgiving makes the request more real. What I mean is that asking with thanksgiving in our hearts can bring the prayer down to the nitty gritty, what we really need deep down. Praying with thanksgiving acknowledges that God will do what He said that He would. God knows the desires of our hearts before we even ask Him, even before we know what they are. Praying with thanksgiving in our hearts causes us to think with our hearts when we pray, not just our heads.

Our faith becomes stronger because we believe and see results. I think that thanksgiving opens a door of real communication with God. Our faith can only grow stronger.

JESUS LOVES YOU, HE ABSOLUTELY, PASSIONATELY LOVES YOU!!!

Q2. (4:6) How is a request in prayer altered by the presence of thanksgiving in the prayer?

Its good to give thanks to the one that created us, and gave all for us to enjoy. When we are thankful we know all of our request will be answered. :rolleyes:

It builds us up. Makes us stronger. :rolleyes:

Offering our thanks to God while petitioning for help gives glory to God as our Creator, while we come to him, as His children, for our sustenance. Always giving thanks to Him reminds us not to be selfish, greedy or self-willed. All blessings flow from God, and we must be thankful to Him for what He does for us.

The beginning of a right relationship with Christ begins with thanksgiving. It shapes our prayer and gives it the right flavor before God, which He desires. I went through a period where I was asking in prayer and whining, it did nothing for me, and instead, at the end of every prayer session, I felt further away from God and more despondent. But thanks be to God, I was prompted by the Holy Spirit, and I began to communicate with more thanksgiving than whining, and today, even though I haven

A request in prayer without thanksgiving is a selfish,self centered prayer.

A person praying this type of prayer is just interested in God fulfilling his wish list.

When we include thanksgiving in our prayers to God, we are remembering His faithfulness,love,and power in past situations.

Thus we can be fully confident He will answer our prayer in our present situation.

Thankingsgiving is the language of faith.

Whenever I pray,I always try to include a prayer of thanks or praise at the beginning and at the end of my prayer. :)

How is a request in prayer altered by giving thanksgiving in prayer?How does thanksgiving affect our faith when we pray?

IN everything give thanks , FOR THIS IS THE WILL OF GOD concerning you.

When we offer up thanks , we have a better grasp of prayer than those

who pray , but have no intimacy with God. Whoso offereth praise glorifieth

me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God. When Jesus healed the ten lepers , only one returned to

give thanks. Jesus asked , "where are the other nine".

GIVE THANKS WITH A GRATEFUL HEART

GIVE THANKS TO THE HOLY ONE

GIVE THANKS, BECAUSE HE'S GIVEN JESUS CHRIST HIS SON

....FOR WHAT THE LORD HAS DONE FOR ME-GIVE THANKS.

Thanksgiving affects our faith, because we are spiritually alert to the

things God is doing in our lives

P.S. Give thanks , Forum, for the privilege to be able to communicate in the

Word and fellowship with other saints in Joyful Heart Ministries.

• 1 month later...

The presence of thanksgiving in a prayer request carries with it, an attitude of gratefullness. When we know that God hears us and cares about what we have to say, and will give us whatever we ask according to His will, how can we keep thanksgiving out of it? Thanksgiving, strenghtens our faith! Because we have answered prayer to back up any current requests! And this also means that even if the answer is No that we accept that

with thanksgiving as well because we know He knows best!

• 1 month later...