JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They indirectly spread the Good News by supporting the messenger. It was as though they were giving their money to Christ Himself. It also displays humility in that they knew Christ blessed them financially so they could demonstrate their thankfulness by giving it back. If they chose to keep it that would have demonstrated greed and mistrust of Paul and Christ. God blesses us when we give with kindness and sincerity not wishing to be paid back. They knew they would be rewarded in heaven.

Q3. (4:14-16) How were the Philippians' financial gifts credited to their heavenly account, do you think? How was their giving linked to temporal blessings?

Q3. (4:14-16) How were the Philippians' financial gifts credited to their heavenly account, do you think?

When they gave to his ministry. They were telling him that they trusted him to use it to spread the good news. If we give with the right attitude we wil recieve the blessings from it as well. :rolleyes:

How was their giving linked to temporal blessings?

It made them feel like they were a part of something good going on. :rolleyes:

How were the Philippians' financial gifts credited to their heavenly account, do you think? How was their giving linked to temporal blessings?

they were thier for paul no questions asked. when ever and where ever he was. that's the way that GOD wants it to be. do what you can with the resorces and gifts that you have been given. no questions asked. he knows what is best for you and for all. i believe that they scored quite a few brownie points with what they did.

Lesson 9 Q 3

(a) The Philippians' financial gifts were credited to their heavenly account, I think by supporting Paul financially, they were winning souls for Christ through Paul's labor. They would both share in the reward. Eternity!

(B) Their giving was linked to temporal blessings by they would not have to wait until eternity for their blessings to start, but they would see blessings from their investment now in this life.

3a. (4:14-16) How were the Philippians' financial gifts credited to their heavenly account, do you think?

3a.) The gifts are being used to fulfill the "great commisision." The focus is on treasures in heaven. Bringing glory to God through the winning of souls.

3b. (4:14-16) How was their giving linked to temporal blessings?

3b.) They are using their Spiritual Gifts for glorifying and exalting God. "if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously..." (Romans 12:8)

Giving is one of the gifts mentioned in Romans 12:6-8. It is part of the ministry and God rewards all who work for His kingdom.

As the scripture shows in 2Cor 9:11 Paul says that they will be made rich so they can be generous all the time.

Although I believe tithing is one of the Old Testament laws that was done away with when the new covenant was made, I do think that we are all to give all we can to not only support our church but also the missions and people who are in need. The only New Testament reference that I can find to tithing is when Jesus is talking to the Pharisees in Mt23:23. I believe that when He told them not to neglect the others He was speaking to them as Jews, who still had that custom. When the big controversy was going on about the Gentiles keeping the Jewish laws it was made quite clear that the Gentile Christians were not meant to take on the Jewish customs. Forgive me Pastor Ralph, but I think that church leaders have decided to keep this law in effect in order to get more revenue for their churches.

Q3. (4:14-16) How were the Philippians' financial gifts credited to their heavenly account, do you think? How was their giving linked to temporal blessings?

I think they were joyful because of their giving, it is more blessed to give than receive. I think they also received blessings in the natural which enabled them to give more to the gospel.

Q3. (4:14-16) How were the Philippians' financial gifts credited to their heavenly account, do you think?

Just as Paul said he told the Lord about the giving and the reward will be laid up for them in heaven. Also this is a blessing that will be added to them while they live here on this earth. Waiting the return of the Messiah. They will be blessed going in and coming out of every transaction that they do. It is true you can't out give God. He owns it all and he is willing to supply all needs according to his riches in glory. That is a lot read up in Revelation what heaven is like streets of gold and all. But more than that he made this earth and all that is within it so we know he can give to his own more than enough.

No they giving was linked to an eternal blessing one that will never end it had a beginning but it will have no end the blessing God will give to them. Even the more so when the judgment day comes and God gives out the rewards to those that gave to him. For it is better to give than receive if you need to be blessed bless someone else it will happen for you. :wub:

GOD keeps the records. He was sure to bless the Phillipians for their obedience of contributing to Paul's ministry and of his getting the gospel out . They were credited for souls that Paul reached with his messages. By giving, God allowed them to gain more. He'll also do it today if we obey and tithe. Financial gifts can not get you to heaven. Money can only satisfy temporarily, then you want more. Love of money is a sin and is the root of evil things. Christ is forever. You never have too much of Christ in you. Tithing is commanded so I do it and don't miss it.

I am more blessed everyday for being obedient...

The Philippians by financing Paul's work were partners with him. They may have not been called to go but by helping to make it possible for Paul to go they became a part of his ministry. Paul labored, they financied, therefore they would share in the reward. For every soul saved they were a part of leading that one to Christ.

Temporal blessings were from God. The Word says give and you shall receive. You will receive according to how you give.

In the church I attend we are part of a program called Faith Missions, we pledge once a year to give a certain amount to missions every week or month. I have been doing this for three years now and never once have I ever not had the things I need. When we give God will supply all our needs. Not all our wants but all our needs.

The Phillipians' financial gifts were credited to their heavenly account by making them partners with Paul in getting the gospel out.

By giving to Paul's ministry,everyone that Paul led to Christ,they would share the share in the heavenly rewards.

The Phillipians' giving were linked to temporal blessings by God meeting their needs.

They willingly sacrifaced part of their monies in order for Paul to be able to advance the gospel.

As a result,not only did they get to share in the reward of souls being saved,but God probably provided for their physical needs as well. :)

God loves a cheerful giver. As we give our tithes, time and talents to further His work, He multiplies and gives it back to us. There is also the reward in heaven that is waiting for us. While it is there, it gains interest.

Well, first I believe that (many cases) when we give we are giving things of this world. God also blesses us with things of this world. Also, God blesses us in the now, not just in the eternal. He meets our needs on this earth. We also bless others as we give of our temporal gifts.

JESUS LOVES YOU, HE ABSOLUTELY, PASSIONATELY LOVES YOU!!!

Nothing that we do is un-noticed by Father, be it good or evil. Everything is observed and added into our account book. If we repent of sin it is wiped out of the book, praise God!. This leaves only the credits.Generousity is high on the list of what God approves, and evidences of it are written down immediately. Father is generous to the ultimate, and loves to see His children imitating this.

I think there are spiritual laws exactly as there are repeatable physical laws of science. The spiritual laws are explained in the Bible for our benefit. If we, in obedience, fulfil the commandments of our God, loving one another with skill and care and loving Him, we'll flourish in very many ways - in the spiritual and also in the physical, because we are obeying laws that were set up like the physical laws in the very beginning of time. What we sow is what we'll reap. Sow generousity and reap generousity, sow love, reap love, what comes around goes around, let's get excited and sow generously - we are laying the foundations of our future.

The Bible says "my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in Glory" If we are willing to give hIm glory in terms of offerings of generous love, He will meet our needs in like manner. He has indeed made us creative beings llike god. We create a life and we reap the same life. His riches in glory are our love for Him. This is what He values most. Our love is expressed in our obedience to Him. When we give Him riches in glory we reap His wonderful response.

How was the Phillipians' financial gifts credited to their heavenly account?

How were their gifts connected to their temporal blessings

When God placed His call on Paul to evangelize his part of the world, he

also called the Phillipians's to partner with Him for the great commission.

It is credited to their account, because we are all members of one body

and one member is not above another, but we all share in the ministries

God has gifted us with for the furtherance of His kingdom. Paul had

been a great teacher to the Phillipians in showing and demonstrated the

love of Christ in his life. Therefore, the Phillipian church were committed

to backing him financially, for the cause of Christ.

Paul said that God would SUPPLY ALL THEIR NEEDS, according to His riches

in glory by Christ Jesus. In giving to Paul, they were giving to God.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Because they were faithful to give, they were reaping the same blessings as Paul, who was actually going! One helps the work finanicially, the other does the actual work. But it takes everyone doing their part, to get the job done right! The Bible says God gives seed to the sower, so if the church at Phillipi is faithful in giving then God will bless them with the seed!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Paul can't preach if he's dying or ill due to lack of food, clothing, medicine, and shelter. If he doesn't preach, the Kingdom doesn't grow. The church feeds Paul + Paul is able to preach = Kingdom growth. The church doesn't feed Paul - Paul's inability to preach = no growth. The cup of cold water you give to the least of Christ's brethren, you have given to Christ. Christ will hold you accountable for all of your good deeds. :)

• 1 month later...

I THINK THAT THE PHILLIPIANS FINANCIAL GIFTS WERE CREDITED TO THEIR HEAVENLY ACCOUNT BECAUSE WHEN THEY GAVE TO PAUL THEY WERE GIVING UNTO THE LORD HIMSELF.THEY WERE PARTNERS WITH PAUL IN SPREADING THE GOSPEL SO THAT EVERY SOUL WON TO CHRIST BECAUSE OF THEIR GIVING WENT TO THEIR HEAVENLY ACCOUNT.THEY KNEW IT WAS MORE BLESSED TO GIVE THAN RECEIVE AND THAT GOD WOULD HIMSELF REWARD THEM WHEN THEY GAVE UNTO KINGDOM WORK.

I THINK THAT ALL THEIR NEEDS WERE MET AND THAT THEY DIDNT SUFFER LACK.I BELIEVE GOD MET ALL THEIR NEEDS, NOT THEIR WANTS.I BELIEVE GOD REWARDED THEM RIGHT HERE WITH MANY BLESSINGS BECAUSE OF THEIR FAITHFULNESSS TO GIVE AND TO KEEP HIS COMMAND FOUND IN LK 6:38...GIVE AND IT SHALL COME BACK TO YOU, GOOD MEASURE, PRESSED DOWN, SHAKEN TOGETHER AND RUNNING OVER SHALL MEN GIVE UNTO YOU....GOD BLESS...

• 9 months later...

It would seem that with their financial ability the Philippians were called to support the work of Paul's ministry. Being obedient to their calling would most certainly be accredited to their heavenly account.

When we are walking in the vocation wherein we are called we are able to experience great joy, live a life that is pleasing to God. While we live in this world temporarily we may as well be blessed in this body by serving the Lord.

• 11 months later...

The Philippians' financial gifts were credited to their heavenly account as they contributed to Paul's well being as he labored in the vineyard of the Lord bringing men, women and children to know Christ. They will share in Paul's heavenly reward for their part in his ministry.

As they invested in the work of the kingdom, God blessed them in the temporal so that they could go on financing the work of God's Kingdom here on earth.