JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Lord must first be my God. Not just that He is God, but my God. I must be partnered with my God in a personal relationship where I belong to Him and He belongs to me. I must be willing to sacrifice joyfully in the way that pleases Him, not in a counterfeit way of my own design to please myself.

His riches in glory provided through Christ Jesus define the fulfillment of His promise to supply every need. Which means, of course, that it is unlimited in any way on His end! The only real limits would be those created by me if I am not in Christ. In terms of daily living, I think the supply of my needs is limited by my lack of trust in His promise to provide for me.

This incredible promise means to me that because the Almighty God of all creation is my God, He will provide for every need I face out of His abundance and full possession of all things. Christ, who gloriously made my relationship with God possible, is the channel through which these provisions come. It's not about me and what I have or can do. It's all about Him, and He is All in all. That makes my heart REJOICE!!

Thank you, Pastor Ralph, for this wonderful study in Philippians. It has been a blessing in every way!

If we seek His kingdom first (knowledge of Him through His word and through prayer) and His righteousness (obeying/living according to His will - walking the walk) and learn who God is then we can worship him in spirit and in truth. How could we love and worship someone we don't know? By seeking His Kingdome, we read, pray and walk with Him daily and get to know Him. We also get to know Him really fast when we're driven to our knees. When the storm passes and we're no longer on our knees we must continue to seek Him (not just during our needy moments). Once we really get to know Him we will desire what He desires and as Jesus said (paraphrased) "if you ask the Father anything that is according to His will, in My name, it will be done". So I know that my prayers will be answered because they are all in HIs will. I may not see them all answered, but they will be and this confidence I enjoy. If I ask for something and don't get it when I want it, it doesn't mean He's not listening, it means it will be answered in His time. His time is always the right time. IF however, we are sinning and not repenting and are not forgiving others, then the Lord will not hear us. If we are not living in obedience to His will, He will not hear us. It is important that we forgive others and repent of our sins.

The promise is to have all your needs met, abundantly. The condition of the promise is to have a heart of mercy by be willing to give to not only God in a pleasing way, but also to give to others as God needs them to receive. We get to join with God in providing for others needs, because we first gave to God and he has richly blessed our resources which we can give from- spiritually, physically/financially, emotionally, socially, intellectually, integrity, and time of life.There is no limit to this promise, God

Q4. (4:19-20) In this context, what is the condition that must be met for the promise to be valid? What is the limit of the fulfillment of the promise? In your own words, what does the promise mean to you?

Q4. (4:19-20) In this context, what is the condition that must be met for the promise to be valid?

I must have a loving relationship with him. And believe that he can take care of all of my needs. It is all his he just wants us to ask for it.

What is the limit of the fulfillment of the promise?

We have to be willing to give to him what is his. Hold nothing back from him. We have to be willing to do our part and hold nothing back.

In your own words, what does the promise mean to you?

To me it means that if i love him and will trust him he will give me all i have need of. :rolleyes:

You must give of your resources that God has given to you. Not necessarily money.

No limit to what God can do. He will supply ALL our needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. To me it means that if I follow His Word and keep my relationship fresh with Him and trust Him for all I need and to give of what He has given to me , tithe, love others as He loves us, then He will pour out blessings over and above what we can imagine. Sometimes we have to do with less in order to be blessed with more. My God is AWESOME! PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME!

Lesson 9 Q 4

(a) The condition that must be met for the promise to be valid is we are to love God and it is our heart's desire to please Him.

(b)The limit of the fulfillment of the promise is that "God will meet ALL our needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus."

© The promise means to me is God will supply all my needs. I can make my requests known to God and I will not have to worry because by seeking Him, He will meet my needs. It's a burden lifted. Amen?

Q4. (4:19-20) In this context, what is the condition that must be met for the promise to be valid? What is the limit of the fulfillment of the promise? In your own words, what does the promise mean to you?

The gift must be given out of our resources out of love for God, because we know it will bring Him pleasure. There isn't a limit.

To me it means He will meet all my needs spiritual, emotional, physical and financial. However if meeting certain financial requests would harm my spiritual needs God will put my spirit first because as my Father He gives good gifts, ones that He knows will be good for me.

4a.) (4:19-20) In this context, what is the condition that must be met for the promise to be valid?

4a.) Children of God and fully relying on Him for everything.

4b.) (4:19-20) What is the limit of the fulfillment of the promise?

4b.) It will be the needs according to God's glorious riches in Christ Jesus. It will not be ours.

4c.) (4:19-20) In your own words, what does the promise mean to you?

4c.) I am going to quote the key verse for me in this book: "For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain." (Pilippians 1:21) I thank you Father for the joy and gift you have given me through your Son, Jesus Christ. Hallelujah!

I must be centered and focused on Christ. I must be a believer in God and have a personal relationship with Christ. I must be a giver. We get according to what we give.

There is NO limit to this fulfillment. God is limitless.

This promise means to me that even though I was not called to go to a mission field I can still participate in missions and in seeing souls saved.

Q4. (4:19-20) In this context, what is the condition that must be met for the promise to be valid?

We have to give ourselves in order for this promise to be in effect. Not give because we are ordered to give but out of our love for Jesus we give to build up and help others and we know that the 10 percent that belongs to God should be given to him always. He does not take seconds it is of the first fruit we give. :rolleyes:

There is no limit with God as to the fulfillment of this promise. He owns all things as he created all things so it is limitless. Luke 6:38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again. :D

In your own words, what does the promise mean to you?

It means just what he said if I can in love and to honor him he will meet all my needs. Not just money we give time, we give of ourselves and God restores all that we need and much more at all times. We do not fear things because perfect love cast out all fear. We giving in love knowing without fear of what will happen tomorrow. Our tomorrow is in God's hands we are blessed. Hallelujah. All Praise be to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. :wub:

In order for this promise to be valid,we must give our tithes and offerings with a willing heart,not out of selfish motive.

Then we must trust God to have the resources available to meet our needs.

The limit of the fulfillment of the promise is that God promises to supply our needs, it doesn't mean He will always give us everything we may want.

Though there are times He will grant us a desire of our heart and give us something we've been wanting.

This promise means that if I give willingly,with love,a portion of my income to God's ministry,then He will see that at least my needs are fulfilled.

I recently started giving 10% of my paycheck to the Lord after having neglecting tithing for so long.

I have discover that I don't even miss this money.

In the past,God has supply for my needs in more ways than just monetary.

Someone gave me a microwave years ago when I needed one.

It's an old fashion model,but,hey,it works.

Recently,someone gave me a 4 slice toaster right after my two slice one went kaput.

However,the important thing is not MY needs being met,but the fact I am sharing in the spreading of the gospel to those who still need to hear it. B)

In order for this promise to be valid we must give willingly,out of love,then belief by faith that God is going to meet our needs.

The limit of the fulfillment of this promise is that eventho God promises to supply are needs, it doesn't mean He will always give us everything we may want or desire.

There are times tho God will bless us with something we've been wanting simply because He loves us.

I have been learning that as I give 10% of my paycheck to God,in His blessing me by meeting some of my needs and giving me some of the desires of my heart in ways I could never imagine. B)

We must be willing to give our resources to God and His work and BELIEVE that God will follow through with His end.

God will meet all of our needs according to Hiw riches. He will open the flood gates of heaven and rain His blessing down on us. Our cups will runneth over.

This promise means that if I am faithful in my giving, God will be faithful in His giving back to me. We are to think BIG. Believing that God will give back to you ten-fold is not a bad idea. I believe in seed-faith giving. If I plant my seed to a ministry God will multiply that seed back to me. If I plant my seed to a missionary headed to Africa to spread the Word of God and two people get saved then I am being blessed and don't even know it. God's promise is to bless us. "And MY God Shall Supply ALL My Needs, According to HIS Riches In Glory". Praise God, Hallellujah and all that. I could have everything in the world but without His blessings and His constant supply of what I need I truly would have nothing.

JESUS LOVES YOU, HE ABSOLUTELY, PASSIONATELY LOVES YOU!!!

The condition that must be met is to fully believe that God will be faithful to His promise. When there is a shadow of doubt that He will give us what we need, we break the circuit between us and Him. When we can come to know Him as Paul did, there is no limit to what He can do for us.

For me to partake in the promise means, for me, to be free of the worry of what may be waiting around the corner for me. Letting God take full control of my life lifts a huge burden off of my shoulders, and frees me up to focus on doing His will.

"According to His riches in glory" can be thought of in two ways. Certainly there is no limit to God's riches in the Heavenlies, from which He can supply our need. But I believe we also have a share in this promise, and that is to give him glory in the conduct of our lives. This involves sharing with the poor, making the sweet sacrifices of love that truly please our Father, contributing to mission with a generous heart, making time for the needy person, inviting for hospitality those who cannot return the favour, etc. The more we do these things the more God's providence will bless us. God has given dominion to us from the beginning. He has redeemed dominion for us through His blood (Adam gave it away to satan). We, by obedience or by disobedience, create the parameters of our lives and limit of open God's blessings upon us. God does not llimit the possibilities. He gave us His own Son, will He not with Him freely give us all things? We limit God. But we don't have to. The more we make acceptable sacrifices to God, the more we see the abundance of his providential blessing. The more we give Him glory in the true sense, the more His blessings rain down on us.

The promise to me means that there is every resource in Heaven needed for me. All I have to concern myself with is being about my Father's business, and all my needs will be met. This includes the ability to be content in all circumstances, whether in wealth or in poverty, because I can do all things in Christ Jesus who strengthens me.

• 2 weeks later...

In this context, what is the condition that must be met for the promise to be

valid?What is the limit for the fullfillment of the promise?What does the promise mean to you?

For God to supply our need, I believe I must be walking in obedience to His

will. I believe that I must be content in the situation I find myself, with an

ongoing desire to trust Him to meet all my needs. As the scripture says,

"Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and ALL THESE

THINGS shall be added unto you". IF GOD SO CLOTHE THE LILLIES OF THE

FIELD, WILL HE NOT CLOTHE YOU, BEING OF MORE VALUE?

There is NO LIMIT FOR THE FULLFILLMENT OF THE POMISE. However, I

believe it to be conditional upon our obedience and willingness to serve

Him with all of our heart.

The promise to me means that He will meet my every Need, as I look to

Him daily, and trust Him to supply that need, FOR WHAT HE HAS PROMISED,

HE IS ALSO ABLE TO PERFORM.

• 3 weeks later...

To love God with all our heart and with all that we are; to obey Him without question, and to live our lives for Him.

God has promised to fulfill ALL of our needs, and that

• 4 weeks later...

Paul was saying that as the Phillipians had been faithful to meet his need, not just once, but time and time again, that God would then also be faithful to meet their needs!

As he stated elsewhere, God gives seed to the sower! It means that as I am faithful to give to others, and in the tithe, that God will be faithful to meet my needs. Not "wants" nessecaryly, but needs!

• 1 month later...
:o Q4 (4:19-20) - Paul calls God here "my God" which we can also do if He is the only God we worship! And He will supply our every need as Paul discoverd, ( Philippians 4:16-18 ). Verse 19 -in glory- These words belong to the whole sentence. "Glory"is the element in which His rich grace operates;and it will be the element IN which HE will "supply fully all our needs."this is a promise we receive everyday, Praise God, AMEN! :rolleyes:

The promise that the Lord will meet all your needs means that when you pray with a sincere heart and the right motive you can be confident that He will meet your needs. However, sometimes we don't get what we pray for for various reasons; it's God's timing, not yours; we may harbor unforgiveness and haven't repented or we ask to spend it on our own pleasures. If we are right with God and we pray in accordance to His will, we can fully expect God to answer us in His time and know that all things work for the good of those who love Him. To me, the promise means, depend and trust in God for all things, and you will surely not be dissappointed. Speaking from experience, I know this to be true. We serve an Awesome God!

• 1 month later...

THE CONDITION THAT HAD TO BE MET FOR THE PROMISE TO BE VALID WAS THAT THEY HAD TO BELONG TO GOD; THEY HAD TO BE IN RELATIONSHIP WITH HIM AND THEY HAD TO BE GIVERS.PAUL HAD TOLD THEM THAT THEIR GIVING WAS A FRAGRANT AROMA THAT WAS WELL PLEASING UNTO GOD; AN ACCEPTABLE SACRIFICE.PAUL HAD TAUGHT THEM THAT WHEN THEY GAVE UNTO GOD, HE WOULD SUPPLY ALL THEIR NEEDS SO THAT THEY WOULD NOT LACK. THEY HAD FOUND OUT IT WAS MORE BLESSED TO GIVE THAN RECEIVE.I BELIEVE THEY WERE GIVING TO THE WORK OF THE KINGDOM THROUGH PAUL AND RECEIVED BLESSINGS FROM GOD WHERE ALL THEIR NEEDS WERE CONCERNED.

THERE IS NO LIMIT WHERE GOD IS CONCERNED HOWEVER WHEN WE GIVE WE HAVE TO BELIEVE THAT HE WILL SUPPLY ALL OUR NEEDS SINCE HE OWNS EVERYTHING.WHEN I TITHE AND GIVE OFFERINGS FAITHFULLY, I HAVE TO BELIEVE THAT AS I KEEP HIS COMMAND TO GIVE, HE WILL GIVE BACK FULL MEASURE, PRESSED DOWN, SHAKEN TOGETHER AND RUNNING OVER.

THIS PROMISE MEANS EVERYTHING TO ME. BEFORE I GOT SAVED ALL I HEARD WAS THAT CHRISTIANS WERE ALWAYS ASKING PEOPLE FOR MONEY. WHEN I GOT BORN AGAIN AND MY MIND GOT RENEWED TO THE WORD OF GOD CONCERNING GIVING AND RECEIVING, TITHES AND OFFERINGS, AND PLANTING SEEDS IN THE KINGDOM TO RECEIVE A HARVEST AND TO SEE SOULS SAVED AS I GIVE OF WHAT I HAVE, MY THINKING WAS DRASTICALLY CHANGED.NOW I'M A HAPPY GIVER TO GOD'S WORK AND PROVING IN MY OWN LIFE THAT GOD'S WORD IS TRUE AND GOD'S WORK CAN BE DONE THROUGH US GIVING FAITHFULLY.....GOD BLESS......