JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Pleasing Boldness

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q3. Do you think Abraham's boldness pleased God? Why or why not? What might cause God to take delight in your prayers to him?

Yes. Because it is a demonstration of his faith.

Humbly come to Him with bold prayer based on His Word. Also we need to have the mind set that we will pray for this till we see God

Do you think Abrahams's boldness pleased God? Why or why not?

Yes! Proverbs 15B says "but the prayer of the upright is His delight". Abrahams prayer was bold and specific and expressed confidence in God Almighty!

What might cause God to take delight in your prayers to Him?

When they are prayed in humility with boldness and recognizing that salvation is of God. When I pray that His name is glorified and when I ask difficult things of Him in which His name will be glorified as it should always be. When I speak His Word back to Him in prayer and when my character echos His character so that His name will be glorified. Praying gives God the opportunity to glorify His name for which reason we were redeemed.

God bless!

Jen

Numbers 6 :24-26

We need to pray for each other!!

I love you all!!

Q3. Do you think Abraham's boldness pleased God? Why or why not? What might cause God to take delight in your prayers to him?

Yes it pleased God because it was evidence of Abraham's faith in Him. God delights in His children, especially when their faith is so boldly shown, because we were created to glorify Him. It is proof that Abraham spent time to get to know Him - he walked with God.

To pray in humility with boldness - like our Savior showed us - always praying according to His will by His Word.

I might be jumping ahead, but I just want to add that...

Jesus says "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. (Matthew 11:28-29)

He says "Come to me!" We can come boldly to the throne of grace! He is not unapproachable, but is One who understands. Grace does not ignore God's justice; it operates in fulfillment of God's justice, in light of the cross.

He wants us to come to Him in our time of need to find grace when we need help. ....through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. (Philippians 4:6)

Hebrews 4:15, 16 (NKJV)

15For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. 16Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

We should always respect God's holiness, knowing that we are but dust. So there is a fine line that always needs to include humility. This boldness is one of expressing the potential, that maybe we might do something, that maybe He will allow something when asked. We should strive for that intimacy.

Q3. Do you think Abraham's boldness pleased God? Why or why not?

Yes, it pleased God immensely because God wants His children to come to Him under all circumstances. Though He is an awesome God, He has given us, His chidren, the privilege of calling Him Abba, Father. As a father, He expects His children to come to Him for all requests, with boldness. Abraham used his access to God with boldness. God wanted just that and He was mighty pleased with that.

What might cause God to take delight in your prayers to him?

When we pray according to His will. That is the most important thing that we have to learn while praying and that causes God to take delight in our prayers, as God is sure to answer them positively. There are many references found in the word of God to that effect. While we learn to pray and intercede for one another, it is imperative that we first find our whether it is in the will of God and then start interceding.

Q3. Do you think Abraham's boldness pleased God?

Of course it did. He wants us to be bold. He didn't ask us to be sissies, but to honor Him.

Why or why not?

Because Abraham was living up to what God saw in him in the first place, and that Abraham cared enough for the righteous to plead for them.

What might cause God to take delight in your prayers to Him?

Concern for other believers. Concern for those who do not believe. Knowing that I love Him. Knowing that I am thankful for all that He has done for me.

Q3. Do you think Abraham's boldness pleased God? Why or why not?

Yes, I think it pleased God to see Abraham's faith and to see that Abraham knew him so well. He knew him well enough to know that he is longsuffering toward his people, well enough to know that He is a righteous judge.

I think God delights in our prayers when we pray knowing him intimately and knowing his Word. I think He smiles when we come before him humbly and respectfully, yet knowing our authority through his Son Jesus.

God Bless sl

Do you think Abraham's boldness pleased God? Why or why not?

yes, and he also didn't give up like the others, which shows that they can't truly believe in GOD. yet abe told GOD what he truly felt. and even in his boldness still keep himself humble.

that we're not talking just words but true feelings. GOD understands each of our individual languages (just keep it clean and righteous).

Why is so much emphasis placed on Abraham's so called "boldness"? He was having a conversation with God & was asking Him a series of questions in an attempt to grow in his knowledge of God. He was saying, "How do you operate, God? What is the meaning & extent of your justice? I know you are angry about how unrighteous these people have become but will you extinguish the righteous as well? How do you reconcile your mercy & your justice in this situation, Lord?" I don't see this so much as boldness but of having spent so much time with God & having seen God work in his own life over the years that he felt confortable talking to Him in this way & asking Him these types of questions. If you have a great relationship with your earthly father or some other authority figure in your life does it take boldness for you to talk to them & ask them questions or it just a natural out flow of the relationship you have developed over time?

I believe God takes delight every time I come to Him in prayer. He created us to have fellowship with Him & prayer, if nothing else, is fellowship with Him. I sure God is disappointed if I only come to him with my own selfish requests because His Spirit is not in control of my life then. The more time we spend with Him the more His Spirit will lead us & we will have delightful fellowship everytime we come to him.

Matthew 11:28

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

Philippians 4:6

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Do you think Abraham's boldness pleased God? Why or why not? What might cause God to take delight in your prayers to him?

Yes I believe God was pleased with Abraham. God loves to talk with us and have us talk to him. Abraham knew God well enough to be able to have such a discussion with God. Also Abraham wasn't looking for something for himself exactly but for someone else. I think when we pray for others and their needs before our own it pleases God. I was always taught to use the acrostic "JOY"

J esus first,

O thers second and

Y ourself last.

Q3. Do you think Abraham's boldness pleased God?

Yes, I do think it pleased God for Abraham's boldness that means he has faith in this relationship he has with God.

Why or why not?

The reason being that God and Abraham had an intimate relationship one that they talked together walked together and they could voice what Abraham felt he could voice what was in his heart to God. This is true love and trust in the Lord to be able to boldly speak with him. We are to fear him because he is the Almighty God. Yet he calls us his children. We let our children have a voice even when we think it is wrong. We need to tell them why it is wrong not just say the words.

I pray he takes delight in them because I am forward and up front. I talk to him as if he was right beside me, and I know he is because he will never leave me or forsake me. I know him personally he is my Lord yes but he is my best friend also. What greater love is there than a man would lay down his life for a friend. Jesus did that for me this is not something we group together it is personal and I love him as my friend as well as him being my Lord. :wub:

Yes. Abraham's prayer was respectful, according to the known will of God, and showed Abraham understood God and His priorities. It showed Abraham's trust in God as well. :rolleyes:

These same attributes would cause God to delight in anyone's prayers--including mine. I pray they do! :wub:

Yes, I think God was very pleased with Abraham, for his willingness to intercede for the righteous, and for his faith.

I often wonder what God thinks of me and my prayers! I feel so inadequate, and unnefective as both an intercessor, and a child of God, my confidence is low going into prayer. If I could just grasp the fact that I am a holy priesthood, I might be take being His, more seriously. I do think however, that God is all knowing, and definitely knows me better than I know me, and He knows my heart, even when I question my own motives. I think God takes delight in my prayers when I come first just desiring to know Him and His heart; and any faith that I may have that He will indeed answer my requests according to His will.

Yes. Abraham demonstrated great faith by his requests.

Prayer heps us better understand the mind of God. God showed Abraham that asking for anything is allowed with the understanding that God's answers comes from God's perspective.

Yes, it did because it meant Abraham kew and trusted Him.

The same attitude that Abraham and Moses had.......recognizing His power, ability, and desire to answer as a father would if he could.

Lesson 3 Q 3

Do you think Abraham's boldness pleased God? Why or why not?

Yes, I believe Abraham's boldness pleased God because it shows Abraham's faith. Abraham believed in God and it was reckoned unto him as righteousness.

Coming to God in prayer shows God that He is my Father and I believe in Him and I am as a little child coming to Him with all my joys and sorrows, showing Him that I have faith and believing He is a righteous God who acts justly. It shows I believe in Him and understands Him enough to ask everything. God delights in us when we come to Him in prayer because He has chosen to adopt us into His family and bless us....because of Jesus. Amen!

God was glad that Abraham had enough faith in their relationship to dare to ask God for justice for the righteous.

I find it interesting that Abraham spoke face to face with Yahweh and did not die. Awesome. I had not thought about that before.

God takes delight in my prayers because I am his beloved child and he wants to hear from me - often.

Do you think Abraham's boldness pleased God? Why or why not? What might cause God to take delight in your prayers to him?

Yes, I think Abraham's boldness pleased God because it showed a confidence in God as in His Father. The prayer was also showing love for his fellow man which is pleasing to God. God takes delight in our prayers to Him when they are borne out of love for Him and for others.

Yes, it showed Abraham's faith in God and his confidence in God's love for him. It also showed that Abraham was in tune with God's heart because he asked for God to show mercy if ten righteous people were found in Sodom. God delights in prayers that show our faith and trust in Him, and that are in line with His great love for people.