JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In his prayer does David seek to minimize his sins?

No, he acknowledges his sin and says it his fault. David also acknowledges that he is total sinful and only by the grace of God will he be forgiven.

To maximize them? His sin is always before him. He is sinful from birth. His sins are evil is the sight of his God.

Why does an authentic prayer for pardon require clear, unvarnished acknowledgement of sin to be effective?

All sins must be confessed to God with a grieving spirit before He will hear our prayers. Unanswered prayer is because of unconfessed sins. Is. 59: 1,2

David sought to be accurate and honest about his sins. He had sinned against other people, but he went straight to the heart of the matter. His greatest sin was against the Lord, whose holiness had been violated. No excuses, no rationalizations, no cover-ups, no attempts to shun full responsibility. I think he maximized his sins in a way, as he went all the way back to his conception in the womb as a sinner and then took his sinful state and practices all the way to the throne of God.

We must fully and accurately identify the truth of what we

David tells God that he has sinned against him; when he sinned against Uriah, and Bathseba.. Therefore When you sin against someone you are actually sinning against God. It is that breach that must be healed at all costs.

We must get get ourselves right in the eyes of GOD..

Amen

Q2. In his prayer does David seek to minimize his sins? To maximize them? Why does an authentic prayer for pardon require clear, unvarnished acknowledgement of sin to be effective?

David doesn't seek to minimize or maximize his sins. He confesses to God on his actuals. Just what they are. Basic sin against His divine moral conduct. In sin did my mother concieve me David says. That is his basic nature from birth is sinful. He is prone to sin naturally. That is the crux of his admission of guilt.

When David acknowledges his sin against God and says, against you , only you, have I sinned, he is laying himself bare before God. He is opening his mind completely to God and says Lord you know my innards because you created them. So here am I, openly confessing my sins to you because you are the only one who can forgive them. Prayers like that are very authentic and God honors those kind of prayers. They come from deep down in the heart.

In his prayer does David seek to minimize his sins?To maximize them?

no he's not doing either. it's the way he's talking that may be misleading. he's truly sorry for what he's done. and the sin is worst through GOD's eyes than anyone else's. for whatever you do onto others that you do onto me. GOD is the one to be rectified first than if possible anyone else.

Why does an authentic prayer for pardon require clear, unvarnished acknowledgement of sin to be effective?

so you yourself can actually voice what you have or haven't done. bring it to realization (for GOD doesn't need you to tell him what you've done he already knows. but maybe you done realize the whole of your own sin. and that you are truly sorry and seek GOD's forgiveness.

Q2 In his prayers does David seek to minimize his sins?

No

To maximize them? No.

Why does and authentic prayer for pardon require clear, unvarnished acknowledgement of sin to be effective?

Because unless we name the sin, subconsciously we could be covering it up with another sin and hoping that God won't notice the first one. We know that God knows, but still as humans, we try to cover it up.

Oh that today I might have the faith that is apparent in the characters of the Old Testament. I believe that we have it so easy today, with all of our modern conveniences, that we feel superior to Abraham, Moses, David and the rest. When in reality, they are far superior in the area of prayer. Very seldom, even in a church prayer meeting, do you hear anyone pray like these guys did. When this prayer study chain is ended, I hope that I have progressed enough that I will be more than comfortable to pray in a public forum in the same manner that they did in private, and in company of others.

In his prayer does David seek to minimize his sins? To maximize them? Why does an authentic prayer for pardon require clear, unvarnished acknowledgement of sin to be effective?

David is transparent and clear about his sin. He says it exactly as it is. If we are truly repentive of our sin then we will acknowlege the sin and it wrongness clearly before the Lord without trying to justify it.

Q2. In his prayer does David seek to minimize his sins? To maximize them? Why does an authentic prayer for pardon require clear, unvarnished acknowledgement of sin to be effective?

David does not try to minimize his sins, rather he lists them and admits he is guilty and deserves God's punishment. However, he pleads for mercy. B)

If we refuse to acknowledge our sin, we are not truly repentant, so of course, our sin will remain on us until we do truly repent! :oB)

No - he fully admits to his wicked and ungodly behavior. He confessed honestly and fully before God without trying to make his actions appear less severe or make excuses.

If we don't accept and confuss all of our sins to God and sincerely repent or our sinful behavior then we haven't confessed to God in the way that is necessary.

In his prayer does David seek to minimize his sins?

No, he honestly sees his sin and how his choices were ungodly and evil.

He is stating the facts - in detail - -

which answeres the second part that we must confess all of the sin and all sins.

and REPENT- confession is key - but willing to change is necessary. If we don't acknowledge sin and confess, then we have blockers between us and God.

1.David is neither minimizing or maximizing his sin he is stating exactly what it is, sin.

2. Blessed are they that mourn, those who grieve over their sins. David does this, he is showing remorse, he knows it is seroius and he is being completely honest. If he doesn't he will not get the Grace he needs.

I did not feel that David maximized or minimized his sins. However, he did not name them in his prayers. He did seem to be genuinely sorry and remorseful for his sins. God did know what his sins were before he prayed.

God will know that we acknowledge each of our sins if we name them in our prayers when we ask for forgiveness. I'm afraid I too often only ask they He forgive me of all of my sins without naming them. I'm trying to give my sins more thought and confess them and ask for forgiveness for them by name.

In his prayer does David seek to minimize his sins? No he owns up to them, to what they are. To maximize them? No, sin is sin no matter how you look at it. David takes responsibility for it. Why does an authentic prayer for pardon require clear, unvarnished acknowledgement of sin to be effective? Telling God what you have done wrong, confess it and then move on.

No David just tells them like they are. This is how all of us need to come to God. After all God knows everything about us. Why would David even think it might work to not confess ALL his sins.

I know though I have tried to confess all of my sins there must be many I have forgotten about. However, my Lord knows my heart and is just and must except me for trying to remember and confess all of them.

Why must we confess our because, the Bible plainly tells us we MUST confess our sins. I beleive the bible to be the word of God. Therefore, if God says it that settles it for me.

David acknowledges his sin and prays to God that he is truly sory repenful and asks God for his forgiveness and blot his sins out from his sight. A bold request, exercising the power of faith which is what God expects. That in his grace and the Faith which he has given us, that which was given us by his heveanly father, God all so powerful and almighty wants us to exercise that Faith.

There is no minimising or maximisation of sin. God understands that we were born into a sinful nature and therefore must boldly exercise faith to get his forgiveness and be trully pardoned. In our era where our lord Jesus has bridged that Gap between us and God, we must acknowledge that he is our saviour and ask for forgiveness in his name, so that our sins are forgiven by our lord God almighty.

Thank you Jesus, for dying on the cross at calvary for my sins.

In Jesus name ..... Amen Amen Amen.

David tell God he is truly sory and repentful of his sins. He asks God to blot his sins out a sheer exercie of boldness and Faith.

Faith is what we are Given, and we must use that Faith to ask for his forgiveness.

Jesus died for our sins and he has bridged that gap that separates us from God because of a sinful nature we are born into. Therefore we must exercise bold faith and ask his forgiveness in Jesus name and we shall be forgiven.

There is no minimisation and maximation of sin. We are sinners, in our nature of sin. We must seek God to release from sin by the blood of Jesus and set us free.

In All instances Faith in the Lord must be used.

Thank you Jesus for dying for me on the cross.

Amen..

1. No. David calls his sin what it is without excuse. David doesn't try to say his sin isn't that bad or that his sin isn't as bad as some one else.

2. No. David doesn't place himself above or below the mark. Sin is sin.

I don't recall seeing a ranking of sins in scripture. As I understand it the penalty for any sin is death. You can't do a worse sin and be more dead. My sin is different than someone else, no better no worse.

3. We can't posses the grace of forgiveness for what we don't believe or acknowledge is wrong. If we don't accept that something is wrong and that we are wrong, we are saying that God is wrong.

We need to take full responsibility for our sin - not gloss them over as "nothing." God requires a humble and contrite heart. But it is not just confessing our sin, we must turn away from our sin and do it now more. 1 John 1:9 says, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." This is the promise of Scripture.

Q2. In his prayer does David seek to minimize his sins? To maximize them?

IN HIS PRAYER DAVID SEEKS TO CONFESS ALL OF HIS SINS.

YOU NEED TO BE HONEST AND TRUE IN ORDER TO BE FORGIVEN FOR YOUR SINS.

Lesson 4 Q 2

In his prayer does David seek to minimize his sins? To maximize them?

No, David do not seek to hide or minimize his sins. I believe he is maximizing them by affirming that he is sinful through and through.

So we will take full responsibility for our sin and call it what it actually is and be sorry for offending God. By praying this kind of prayer we will not be rationalizing our sins to make them seem somewhat less guilt-worthy thus helping us to confess our sins to God in a way that is necessary.

David admitted his sin before God. He didn't try to minimize it or maximize it. Sin is sin. No big or little.

We have to know in our own hearts that we have sinned against God in order to confess it. Then we can go to the very throneroom and admit it before God and ask His forgiveness without covering it up in any way.

I think David was frank about his sins and the severity of the offense against God and His righteousness. He had hurt others but his main offense was against God. God knows exactly what we have done when we sin and if we try to gloss over our sins with God, it is an added offense since He knows the truth anyways and also shows that we may not be truly sorry if we are trying to minimize what we have done.