JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Blessing God through Praise

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To bless God is to offer expression of adoration from the inner being. It is to bow the knee and the heart before Him in praise of who He is, with grateful recognition that He alone is the source of power for success, prosperity, fruitfulness, longevity.

The only thing humans have that God desires in a blessing is the loving, worshipping, yielded heart. It blesses my heart when my own children freely offer loving respect and sincere compliments just because of who I am to them. What joy it must be to the Lord when His children approach Him with such an attitude!

Any prayers that don

Generally speaking, if we are delighted to meet someone we smile at them and engage in sociable conversations well before we get to the current reason for contacting them. I once taught a class in English as a second language about greeting people and inviting them to come in for coffee. I was amazed that they could not do this before they had asked after the health and well being of every member of the visitors family. It also delighted me that this tradition was theirs. It showed the deep level of concern they had for a guest.

So it needs must be between us and God. Our prayers need to reflect our delight in God, in having access to Him through Jesus, in His mighty power and sweet presence. The pearl without price is the relationship He has made possible for us through Jesus, not the shopping list of things we canask for - although that is part of the deal. God actually longs for relationship with us. Isn't that amazing grace! We can bless Him with our love, even as He blesses us with His. Even my cat purrs when he is allowed to sit on my knee and receive loving attention. God is not less than His creatures, but more! The intensity of His response to our love is unimaginably exponential. He in His holiness is capable of so much more feeling that we in our sin, and of so much greater response to our worshiip and proclaimed esteem. He created us for love because He

wanted to multiply love, and our love is joy to Him. It blesses Him.

Prayers that don't include blessing God are like that blankfaced stare you might get from a policeman come to arrest you. I'm sure the hypocritical pharisees of Jesus day met him with those blank faces when they were abour to crucify Him. Poor Father, that prayers come like that to Him who so loved the world that He

gave us His Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have eternal life.

In what way do our prayers of praise "bless" God?

What do we mere humans have that God desires in a blessing?

God created this world for a home for man, and he then created man. Why did he do this? So he could have many sons that would praise and worship him. Then man sinned and was separated from God. To give man a chance to return to the relationship with the father He sent Jesus to make a blood sacrifice to restore the relationship of man with the Father. This is where we are now at, so look what He has done for you. If not for his mercy you would be eternally condemned to hell. So if you can think of nothing else to praise Him for, praise Him for his mercy and love for you. It blesses God when you acknowledge what he has done for you and you give him thanks for his blessing in your life.

I would like to share a story I heard that impacted me, and the way I pray.

A person was taken up to heaven. Upon his arrival Saint Peter gave him a tour. As he was shown around heaven he saw a big building with sign prayer room. He asks Saint Peter what is in there? So Saint Peter took him in for a tour. There were hundreds of tables with angles manning each table. The angles were all busy recording prayer of humans and sending back to earth answers. As he was shown around he seen a table in the back with an angle just setting there doing nothing. He asks Saint Peter what that table was for? Saint Peter told him that was the table where the prayers of thanks were recorded. He asks why the angle was doing nothing. Saint Peter said there was few humans who ever gave prayers of thank to there Father.

Since hearing this story I try to never say a prayer that does no include thanks to my Father and praise Him for my many blessings.

What are prayers like, that don't include blessing God?

They break Gods heart. Why are we so selfish? All we want is to be blessed and never give thanks and bless the Father.

Our prayers of praise bless God for His power, majesty, etc.

God desires our praise...it's an importan part of remembering thaat God is so wonderful, and to help us not think so highly of ourselves.

Prayers that don't include blessing God are empty and selfish.

Q1. In what way do our prayers of praise "bless" God? What do we mere humans have that God desires in a blessing? What are prayers like, that don't include blessing God?

When we give God praise it is acknowledgement to Him that we see God working in our lives. God desires our fellowship. Praise is part of fellowshiping with Him. A prayer without praise is a give me request to God.

Since God is LOVE, and He has created us in His image, it is reasonable to say He wants our love to become like His Love and be given back to Him in fullness. It is His own first commandment, that we are to love him with all our hearts and minds and strength. Our obedience to this command given back to Him, makes His heart pleased, for then He is receiving back His own Gift of love which becomes more like His Love as we submit our wills unto His. His love is Holy and unselfish, and as we are able to send Him unselfish, committed love which is shown in our minds and hearts and words and actions, then He has a more pliable spirit to mold into the likeness of Christ , which is the ultimate purpose of His desires for His children.

When we PRAISE God for who He is to us in our daily lives, we are appreciating Him and our Thanks expressed show our gratitude for His many blessings given us through His Son Jesus.

Our prayers that are primarily, "give me" that do not offer any praise or thanks to Him, are self centered, selfish prayers that do not show appreciation or delight in the privilege of being honored to be His child. It also shows lack of respect for God's position as God in all His Glory and Majesty. I pray He will forgive me for these kind of prayers and help me be more aware of Who He is , and what pleases Him so I can become less and He can become MORE in my being.

They express what He deserves and desires from His children. I am likening this to a broken heart overthose children who ignore and shun Him who gave Himself for us.

A grateful heart

What are prayers like that don't include blessing God?

Selfish and ignorant of who He is and what He has done for us.

God Bless!

Jen

Numbers 6:24-26

Q1. In what way do our prayers of praise "bless" God?

We are callin Him Father, and telling Him of the many ways that we recognize His goodness to us.

We have thankful hearts. We have a joy in singing praises to Him. We have the knowledge that everything we have comes from Him. And He wants to hear us tell Him.

Selfish prayers that only speak of the things that we want, for ourselves and for family and friends.

Our prayers of praise bless His eternalness. They acknowledge His holiness, His wholeness, His headship, His generosity, His greatness, His glory, and His love. Our humility, hands, and voices uplift Him.

What do we mere humans have that God desires in a blessing? He desires our contrite and humble spirit. Isaiah 57:15 - "For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones."

Prayers that don't include blessing God are discourteous. They forget to greet the One to Whom they are addressed.

When the LORD saw that he had caught Moses' attention, God called to him from the bush, "Moses! Moses!""Here I am!" Moses replied. 5 "Do not come any closer," God told him. "Take off your sandals, for you are standing on holy ground."

When we come to God in our prayers should we not also take off the covering of our heart and bare before God, in all humility, honesty, and praise, our souls before Him because He is Holy?

This is what blesses God more than anything, "Do not measure the appearance of God by the sort of day you are having." To my regret I do at times, but the idea came across that if I can cry out in distress why can I not shout out in praise? So I started to do that. Try it I think it makes God smile and you also get funny looks from people around you.

Darrell

God, our Father is everything. Like Jesus says about Himself, "you can do nothing apart from Me." We can do nothing, nothing of eternal value at least, without Him. He gives us everything! He should be praised therefore, for who He is, not just what He has done, doing, will do; but definitely should be praised for everything. I find myself just thanking Him for being. I can imagine a world without Him, and so I just find comfort in knowing He is.

So many songs I listen to tell about how we have nothing to bring a Holy God, because we are so bankrupt; but we have hearts that can produce praise, recognition to Him and only Him as our everything. It costs nothing to lift ours hearts to Him in praise and worship.

Empty!

Q1. In what way do our prayers of praise "bless" God? What do we mere humans have that God desires in a blessing? What are prayers like, that don't include blessing God?

It extols and worships God in his greadtenes, glory and splender and when we pray with filed hands we are blessing God himself with our hands heart and voices. He desires that we should give willing and reely of ourselves, humbling before Him our surrender to God.

Prayer is not just about giving a wish list.

Acknowledgement of Our Father for Who he is and what he has done reveals our gratitude and reliance.

Our praise will bless Him when it is given out of a grateful heart and not a duty or a format. Too often i hear formatted prayer and feel that God cannot be please with them.

In the old testament the insence of burning flesh was pleasing to the Lord

and now it is when our hearts are on fire and burn with passion for him.

Absolutely sold out and in love we can worship him,praise him and bless as our word flow from our hearts.

Prayers of Praise are a blessing to God; God likes to be praised by his children in spirit and in truth.

Giving God the best from the Heart. The more we give God our praises, he blesses us in return.

A prayer without a blessing is like a cold request; with out any consideration to the Maker; who must be blessed in order for a return of his blessings, 1. Healing 2. Prosperity, 3. Restoration 4. Relationship with God etc.

God deserves to be praised; because he blesses unconditionally, in our ignorance we may haven taken his blessings for Granted; Now that we have come to know him; we must acknowledge his blessings of Grace at all times and bless his Holy Name always. Isiah 65:1

OUR PRAYERS OF PRAISE BLESS GOD BY ACKNOWLEDGING HIS LOVE AND GOODNESS WITH OUR LOVE, KINDNESS, CONSIDERATION, AND THANKS FOR WHO HE IS.

OUR HEARTS AND OUR LOVE IW WHAT HE DESIRES IN BLESSING. HE WANTS US TO LOVE AND OBEY HIM AND HE GETS THIS FROM US ACKNOWLEDING THAT WE DO LOVE AND OBEY HIM. WE TELL HIM THAT WE WANT TO BE AN EXAMPLE OF JESUS AND WE WANT TO LOVE HIM UNCONDITIONALLY NO MATTER WHAT THIS WORLD CHOOSES FOR US. WE WILL NOT ABONDON HIM WE WILL NOT STOP WORSHIPPING AND PRAISING HIM AND WE WILL ALWAYS COUNT ON HIM.

SELFISH IS WHAT A PRAYER IS LIKE THAT DOES NOT INCLUDE A BLESSING TO GOD.

In what way do our prayers of praise "bless" God? What do we mere humans have that God desires in a blessing? What are prayers like, that don't include blessing God?

our prayers of praise bless GOD by showing him that we acknowledge his almighty being. and that we are thankful. and without it he feels that we are being independent and not needing him. so he becomes unavailable to us. it's like someone never getting the credit for the things that they've done for you. after awhile those things will desist for that person will think you no longer need them. and when this occurs with GOD you'll be in deep trouble.

We give ourselves to Him when we praise Him because we are then obedient to Him--and that He desires above all else. We show that we love Him and relate to Him as our heavenly Father.

Prayers that don't include blessing God for His many mercies are usually just "gimme" type prayers. We need to praise His Name and rejoice in His salvation. God is not a cosmic santa claus--meant only to serve us. It is the opposite--we are His servants, made to serve and bring honor to His name. I pray that He will enable me to do so! :)

The prayers of praise lets God know we understand he is Lord God Almighty who is was and is to come. We lift up praise because he alone is worthy of all our praises for he is our everything.

Our God is worthy of all Praises he desires the praises of those he loves and we desire to lift up Praise to give him Honor and Glory. He desires the truth of praise and the love we have for him to be shown and in our praise.

Prayers that don't include praise are selfish we enter into his presence with Praise in our hearts that is the way to enter the throne room. Many times I have heard people say that their prayers bounce off the ceiling and come back at them without praise the is what happens you enter his presence with thanksgiving in your heart and into his courts with praise. There is know other way to reach the ears and heart of our Lord. :D

When we praise we direct our complete selves to Him - to commune with Him and to love HIm. Without praise - we are on our own, pushing Him to the side - not in the correct alignment.

Our total self - our hearts directed to Him - is what we have that God desires.

Sometimes i think the checklist prayers that we come to Him with - our agenda versus His agenda - as if we deserve the things - it is almost irreverent in my opinion.

Lesson 5 Q 1

When we offer up prayers of praise we bless God by extolling and worshipping Him in His greatness, glory, and splendor.

We have God's desire for our worship in giving as well as our worship in praise - Uncompelled and free giving of ourselves.

They are self-centered, without joy, and without praise to the Lord our God.

In what way do our prayers of praise "bless" God? What do we mere humans have that God desires in a blessing? What are prayers like, that don't include blessing God?

Our prayers bless God when they express our love for Him and gratitude to Him which recognizes all He has done for us.

God desires our love, freely given.

Prayers that don't include blessing God, are mere petitions, or like on order form we are filling out. They are arrogant and presumptuous.