JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Fleeing from God

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People desire to flee from God when they want to indulge in sin, when they do not want to follow after holiness or obey His Word, when His conviction is too uncomfortable or His correction is hard to take, when they can

(139:7) Why do people sometimes want to flee from God?

You either want the light of truth of God to shine on your life or you want to hide from His light . If you are hiding from His light you are coveting your sins and you want keep on sinning. You love your sinful life style more then you love God. My daily prayer is Lord give me clean hands and a pure heart.

Why do people imagine that God doesn't know what they do?

I find when I go down a path of sinful behavior that the Devil convinces me that I am doing nothing wrong. Only when I run into the brick wall and get the bloody nose do I say O God what was I doing.? Then when I turn and look back and repent I can see how the little thing I did that were not of God but of my own flesh, and lead me to the wreck at the brick wall. Then I see how I let the Devil deceived me

Q1. (139:7) Why do people sometimes want to flee from God?

Just as with Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden when they took of the fruit of knowledge and understood good and evil so do we. We like them want to run and hide from God if we are doing things we know are wrong. :angry:

He is the all knowing John 3: 20 ever present Psa 139: 1 and 7 Creator of the world John 1: 3. If we believe the word of God (which we do or we would not be here today in this study) we know what the bibles says of God and that is is our maker the one that created all things. :rolleyes:

Have you ever felt this way?

Yes when we backslide we know in my heart God could see the evil I did and the things that I did that was not pleasing to him. I know the feeling and it with you always once you are awaken to the Spirit of God you know him from that moment on. Even if you do not serve him you still know his word in your heart. When we hide the word in our hearts it don't just go away. Thank you Jesus. For you are always there to help us to come back to you. :wub:

Q1 Why do people sometimes want to flee from God?

Sometimes we may wish that God couldn't see what we are doing, or hear what we are saying, because we know within ourselves, by the Holy Spirit, that we are not listening to God's ways.

I think that sometimes we believe that God is too busy to pay attention to every soul on earth, and maybe we can sneak something by Him.

Before I was reborn, I cared not whether He could see me or not. Now I know He does, and yet my humanness still tries to flee from Him.

For all who have heard the word of God through our Savior and LORD Christ Jesus; I believe there is no desire to hide from God because of sin. To run from the one who saves because of the need to be forgiven for a sin would be like a thirsty person running from a glass of water or a hungry person running from a banquet.

But I must admit that I have had desires to run from God because I was upset and angry with Him. When a person knows that God is the only one who can help and when that help is withheld; how can one not be upset? How can one not desire to run from God who causes so much pain? My desire for the perfect life (Heaven on Earth) only comes from my short memory. We are truly engaged in a war; good against evil, and there is casualties both of the innocent and of the guilty.

I do desire heaven on earth but I also know that heaven awaits me and at that time all will be perfect.....even me :lol:

Darrell

Q1. (139:7) Why do people sometimes want to flee from God? Why do people imagine that God doesn't know what they do? Have you ever felt this way?

People sometimes want to flee from God because they know that what they are doing would not be acceptable to God and they are returning to their sinful ways instead of submitting to God's commands. They think that God's doesn't know what they are doing because they can't see God or they think he's too busy. But no matter where we are or what we are doing we can never escap;e from his Spirit and his presence.

The reason we flee from God, is because we don't know what his plan is. We listen to the Traditions of Man, and are mislead, we have gone to church all of our lives, just to hear one or two verses, from the preacher, and then wait for him, or her to tell us a story about his or her life. We are told over and over again, that all we have to do is get saved, love Jesus, love one another, and then get ready to fly out of here. Don't forget to pay the church your tithes, then go home, still ignorant to God's word. Some of feeling worst than they did before they went to church.

Jesus told us through John, in the book of Revelation, what it was that we are to be aware of. He saw only two churches, that were teaching HIS WORD. Neither, of the two churches were teaching that we are going to be "RAPTURED UP" out of here. We have been told that for so many generations by man, that WE DON'T EVEN BOTHER TO CHECK OT WHAT MAN IS TELLING US. We have the bad habit of saying if the PREACHER said it, it must be true. Take a look around you, look at all the so called PREACHERS, TEACHERS,and SCHOLARS of today. We don't have any prophets or prophetess, walking on this earth todayl All of our prophets are in the Bible. This is what God told (Ezekiel) the PROPHET to propehsy against.

Ezekiel 13:(1) And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying ,

(2) Son of man, prophesy against the prophets of Israel that prophesy, and say thou unto them that prophesy out of their own hearts, Hear ye the word of the LORD;

(3) Thus saith the Lord God; Woe unto the foolish prophets, that follow their own spirit, and have seen nothing! The preachers and teachers tell you what theythink, God does not like it!

(4) O Israel, thy prophets are like the foxes in the deserts:

Do you know who the foxes are?, (The Kenites!) He's not just talkng to the land of Israel, he's talking to the children of Israel. Do you know where they are today? They are among all the Chrisrian Nations of today, U.S., CANADA, GREAT BRITAIN, these are just a few of the nations, they are all over the world, have you been paying attention to what's happing to the christians, around the world? And yet we have all of these false prophets, TEACHERS, PREACHERS, telling us you don't have to understand the book of Revelation, your'e not going to be here, God is against that lie!

(5) Ye have not gone up into the gaps, neither made up the hedge for the house of Israel to stand in the battle in the day of the LORD.

He's telling them that they have not prepared his children, for the comming of the Anti-christ, The Son of Perdition, the devil, satan, that old dragon, He is the one on THE FIRST WHITE HORSE, in the book of Revelation. He is going to sit in Jerusalem, pretending to be Jesus, for 5 months. God has warned us in the OLD TESTAMENT, about what shall come to pass. This is going to happen on the LORDS DAY. In this generation, The generation of the Fig Tree!

(6) They have seen vanity and lying divination, saying, The LORD saith: and the LORD hath not sent them: and they have made others to hope that they would confirm the word.

He's telling them that they are in pulpits telling people that GOD said this, and GOD said that, when God didn't even send them. Then, they have you to confirm what they said, by saying AMEN, and we, out of our ignorance of God's word agree with preacher, and say amen!

(7) Have ye not seen a vain vision, and have ye not spoken a lying divination, whereas ye say, The LORD saith it; albeit I have not spoken?.

(He's telling you that he (God) did not say it, nor did he tell the preacher to say it.)The preacher, or teacher, came up with a couple verses, and told you what he thinks, all in the name of the church.)

(8) Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because ye have spoken vanity, and seen lies, therefore, behold I am against you, saith the Lord GOD.

(9) And mine hand shall be upon the prophets that see vanity, and that divine lies: they shall not be in the assembly of my people, neither shall they be written in the writing of the house of Israel, neither shall they enter into the land of Israel; and ye shall know that I am the Lord GOD.

( They will not enter into the Kingdom of God, because they mislead his children, with their lies.)

(10) Because, even because they have seduced my people, saying, Peace; and there was no peace; and one built up a wall, and , lo, others daubed it with untempered morter.

(Youv'e got people in the church supporting your lies.)

(17) Likewise, thou son of man, set thy face against the daughters of thy people, which prophesy out of their own heart; and prophesy thou against them,

(18) And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Woe to the women that sew pillows to all armholes, and kerchiefs upon the head of every stature to hunt souls! Will ye hunt the souls of my people, and will ye save the souls alive that come unto you?

(Youv'e got your arms out, telling people that all they have to do is believe you, because you are the only way to God. The preachers, and teachers, are telling his children that they have a special relationship with God, all you have to do is believe them, and they can get you saved. You can speak to God yourselves, and he will hear you. (Only God can save souls.)

(19) Will ye pollute me among my people for handfuls of barley and for pieces of bread, to slay the souls that should not die, and to save the souls alive that should not live, by your lying to my people that hear your lies?

(God knows all souls, he knows who followed satan in the first earth age, and he knows who is going to folow him in this earth age. Your'e just doing it for a piece of bread, (money), and your'e polluting my name, in what is supposed to be his house.)

(20) Wherefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against your pillows, wherewith ye there hunt the souls to make them fly, and I will tear them from your arms, and will let the souls go, even the souls that ye hunt to make them fly.

The preachers, and teachers, are telling my people that they are going to fly up out of here, and it is a big lie. There are things that his people have to do, and see, before Christ returns, They must know that Satan is on the FIRST WHITE HORSE, he is comming to deceive as many peopl as he can, along with his fallen angels. When Michael kicks them out of Heaven. God tells us in.

Revelation 12:12, Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them, Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

Satan has (5 months!!!) In the book of Matthew we see why the time was shortened, by Jesus Christ.

Matthew 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. (Do you know who the elect are?)

Mark 13:20 And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.

(Are you one of God's Elect?, do you know God's overall plan? Do you know what you are supposed to do while satan, the snake, the devil, the beast, the anti-christ, the son of perdition, the dragon, the one on the FIRST WHITE HORSE, is here on this earth.

He is going to be in Jerusalem pretending to be here to love you, and give you anthing you want , just as long as you follow him, and his false, prophets, (the fallen angels, along with the KENITES. Every television station, every radio station, everbody on the Internet, all cable companies, all satellite disk, every body with a telephone, people with walkie talkies, what ever means of communication you have, SATAN, is going to be using it, because he's going to make sure that everybody on this planet will see his show. (Do you know who the TWO WITNESSES are)?

And do you know who is going to be deceived, those who believe in the so called, "RAPTURE THEORY". They are going to think Satan is The Real Jesus Christ, and Satan is going to make them think he is here to Rapture them up out of here. Don't be deceived by the traditions of man. Listen to your Father's word, he is not pleased with what MAN is teaching.

Do you know who the KENITES are? The children of Cain, the offspring, of Cain. If you are a member of the church of Smyrna, or the church of Philadelphia, then you are one of GOD'S ELECT! You know what the kenites are doing.

We are not to worship Satan, nor take anything from him, because God is in control, he will supply us with whatever we need. During the 5 months, that Satan is here on this earth. If you have eyes to see, and ears to hear, fleeing from God will be the last thing on yyour mind! Do you follow God's word, or do you follow man's word.?

If you follow God's word, then you don't have a problem, with Fleeing from God!!! You have no problem with praying to him.(Prayer is communicating with him), finding out what he's talking about. When you do that he'll open your eyes, and open your ears, so you can do his will. When you know his will, you pay attention to how his plan is comming to pass.

Let's stay in our Father's word everyday, and learn what it is we are supposed to be doing.

The Shepherds Chapel

Q1. (139:7) Why do people sometimes want to flee from God? IN MY EXPERIENCES PEOPLE FLEE FROM GOD TO AVOID HAVING TO COMMIT TO A LIFE WITHOUT SIN. THEY FLEE TO AVOID PUNISHMENT AND GUILT. SO LET'S PRETEND THAT WE DON'T KNOW AND WE CAN'T BE GUILT RIDDEN FOR WHAT WE HAVE DONE OR ARE DOING. WE FLEE BECAUSE WE WANT WHAT WE WANT AND FIGURE SINCE NO ONE IS HERE TO CONVICT US WHY SHOULD WE WORRY. SOME BELIEVE THAT THE DESIRE WAS WORTHY ENOUGH OF ASKING FOR FORGIVENESS FOR FEEDING THAT OLD SELFISH DESIRE.

I BELIEVE THAT WE IMAGINE THAT GOD DOESN'T KNOW WHAT WE DO BECAUSE WE KNOW GOD IS A LOVING AND A FORGIVING GOD. HE ISN'T PRESENT (IN FLESH) LIKE A MOTHER OR FATHER IS TO SCOLD US AT THE VERY MOMENT WE COMMIT OUR SINFUL WAYS, SO WE TAKE ADVANTAGE OF KNOWING OR BELIEVING THAT WE CAN GET AWAY WITH OUR SINS BECAUSE WE ARE SINNERS. SOME PEOPLE TEACH THAT ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED NO MATTER WHAT. BUT THAT TEACHING DOES NOT PROVIDE THE LICENSE FOR SIN. AND IF IT IS NOT CORRECTLY TAUGHT IT WILL LEAD TO DISASTER. SOME TEACHERS AND PEACHERS MAKE THEMSELVES MORE IMPORTANT THAN GOD. SO PEOPLE FEAR THE PEACHERS AND TEACHERS BECAUSE THEY ARE PHYSICALLY PRESENT AND CAN HOLD YOU ACCOUNTABLE NOW.

YES, I'VE IMAGINED THAT WHAT I WAS DOING WAS RIGHT EVEN THOUGH I KNEW IT WAS WRONG IN THE EYES OF GOD AND IN MY HEART ALSO, BUT MY DESIRE FOR IT WOULD BE SO STRONG AND OF COURSE I WAS WRONG. SO NOW I FIGHT THOSE DESIRES WITH GOD'S LOVE AND THE WORD. BY NO MEANS BELIEVE THAT I AM PERFECT OR HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION AGAINST THIS BATTLE. I'M JUST A STRUGGLING CHRISTIAN TRYING TO FIND MY WAY, THE RIGHTEOUS WAY THROUGH GOD'S WORD.

Q1. (139:7) Why do people sometimes want to flee from God? Why do people imagine that God doesn't know what they do? Have you ever felt this way?

I think people want to flee from God so they can free themselves of any worry that God sees and knows what is in their hearts. I can't possibly imagine anyone who is vaguely familiar with God's character even entertaining the notion that He doesn't know what people do, but anyone who fools himself into this type of thinking is obviously not a believer (at least in my opinion). I have never felt this way. When I sin, I am very much aware that God sees and knows about it. In fact, I know that even before I decide to commit sin, He knows beforehand what I'm about to do. That's just how God is.

While there is no way one can flee from God's presence as He is omnipresent and all knowing (his divine attributes) but in one's heart they may want to flee especially if they have commited a grievous offense against the Lord. One can be so ashamed of one's actions or thoughts that one may want to hide from God.

I would say that the reason some people don't know that God knows what they do is because they don't believe or they don't care or they are ambivelent. They do not have the conviction of the Holy Spirit because they do not know Him. There are also people who don't really care about God's knowing what they do because they don't believe in an omnipotent, ominpresent, all knowing God. People are in darkness and have not the light yet.

I have never felt that God didn't know what I was doing but I have felt ashamed many times because I am a sinner. I was taught about God's attributes even as a child and had a very sensitive conscience as I was taught the commandments of God and knew about God. Now, as a believer I get the conviction of the Holy Spirit when I transgress in not loving Him or my neighbor with my whole heart, my lack of agape love.

Q1. (139:7) Why do people sometimes want to flee from God? When things are not happening right, everything seems to be catching up on you. You feel that that you have to hide from Others but you are concious of the fact that God is watching you. And seems a hopeless contemplation to flee, because where you are God is there.

Why do people imagine that God doesn't know what they do? Human beings can only conceal things from each other. It is frightenning to know that God knows everything we do. Nothing can be concealed from God.

Have you ever felt this way? I felt this way when I am doing things when I dont want my family to know

what I have done.

Run from God oh yes, I am not bragging but have been there. When things go wrong and we want to blame God.. we run from him. People run when they don't want to hear from Him. When God asks something from us we don't want to give up or do or go we run too.

Running brings on consequences though so becareful of your decisions. Gods choice is the best choice for He knows what is best for us.

A number of reasons could exist - guilt, not wanting to change, avoiding the issue, etc. The truth is people run because of unbelief. They imagine He doesn't see them also because of unbelief. We are deceptive people and we think God doesn't see because we don't want Him to see. Unbelief + disobedience.

I have never felt that God didn't see - ibut I have felt shame tha tI have left Him out or avoided HIm.

Q1. (139:7)

Why do people sometimes want to flee from God? When there are unresolved issues, and they cause you to stumble often, and the uncomfortable ness is that you know God has his finger pressed firmly on those unresolved issues and the intensity of His probing to get you to deal with them.

Why do people imagine that God doesn't know what they do? Unbelief, we go about our business daily doing stuff, saying things we know is wrong. We then begin to question our own belief, we confess our sins according to 1 John 1:9, yet we fall back into that mind set. Unbelief?

Have you ever felt this way? God has called me into a very specific ministry, and it seems my mind and heart are always probing my intentions

Q1 Why do people somtimes flee from God? Why do people imagine that God doesn't know what they do? Have you ever felt that way.

Sometime people flee from God because they want to escape and they are trying to run from what is best for their lives. We can't possibly run from God,God is Omiprensent-he is everywhere. Because this is so, you can never be lost to his Spirt. If you are being obedient to God he is always with you sometime we just want to run and hide because he is not answering our prayers like we want them to be answered. This is good new to those who know and love God because no matter what we do or where we go, we can never be far from God's comforting presence.

God's character goes into the creation of every person. When you feel worthless (like I sometimes do) I always remembe that God's sprit is ready and willing to work within me to make my character all God meant it to be. Too God be the Glory!

Why do people sometimes want to flee from God?

Sometimes we know there is something in our lives that should not be there. We know God would not be pleased with us so we want to run and hide from him thinking it will keep him from seeing it. :ph34r:

We forget that God sees all. :unsure:

Yes, I don't like feeling this way. But its like we forget he is even there at times. :huh:

We want to flee because we are doing the things contrary to His will, and we know it, and so we think we can escape the consequences by not approaching the King.

Out of sight - out of mind? It is convenient to think that He really isn't paying attention to us and what we are doing, it is the flesh having its way.

I have totally felt this way a great number of times. I have made up just enough excuses to condone my own slothfullness and inevitable sin, creating a bigger gap between my and my Lord, which is a far worse place to be than in that thing I was trying so hard to keep.

People seek to flee from GOD because of their actions either against or in opposition to His will. As soon as Adam heard GOD's voice in the garden he fled, we being his offspring have been duplicating his response and actions ever since. It's the thought of being found out or embarressed. Guilt or guilty conscience plays a good role in it as well.

Another family trait stemming from our lack of knowledge of who GOD is, Cain lied to GOD about his brother only because he didn't really know who GOD was. We feel the need to hide from "fear, retribution, danger etc." its an instinctive response, solely developed by us to insulate ourselves from pain or shame.

YES, I become ashamed of my actions or inactivity, and feel as though I can hide from GOD, whether using busy-ness, business or feigned ignorance. Some have used alcohol, drugs, sex or the TV. But its still a "Jonah syndrom".

I find myself running right into HIS arms, even in my attemps flee.

One of the reasons that people want to flee from God is because they do not want to acknowledge their sin. They don't want to accept any responsibility for their actions.

I think that sometimes it may be easier to think that God doesn't know what we are doing, that he doesn't pay any attention to us. If he isn't paying any attention to us, then we can do whatever we want with no reprecussions for our actions.

Yes I have definately felt that way before, I think everyone has.

When we are about to commit a sin we wish that we were not under the scruinty of God's watch. I never realized it until this bible study, that God is very much like the CIA only better, because he is all knowing. I do not think that people really imagine

that God doesn't know what that do, they just he didn't. In my mind I do wish that weren't all-knowing, all-present, all-power

than I wouldn't have to suffer consequences of my sometime evil deeds.

People want to flee from God because of thier own foolishness. In fact, it is not possible to flee from God because He is an Omniscient God. He is everywhere. We cannot flee to any place where He is not there. I call it the Ostrich mentality. We think that by going into the dark recesses of our mind, and enjoy doing our favourite sins, we are fleeing God. Its just plain foolishness. We are fooling ourselves. Out of sheer wickedness and blatant hard heartedness, we do those things and think that God is not watching us as we are beyond His purview. How foolish we get sometimes.

Because God is Holy and sinless, we tend to think that God will not step in when we are in the process of sinning. So we go on doing it thinking that God has turned His face away. God doesn't do any of that and it is our foolish imagination and Satan's blatant lies that make us think like that. God is always watching every move we make and every thought we think. We have to be conscious of the fact that nothing can escape God and all our motives, thoughts, words and deeds are under His precious scrutiny and there is no escaping His Holy gaze.

I have not felt this way but I have done things that I should not do out of sheer care not attitude. When I did those things, I knew God was watching me but I just pushed Him aside and did those things. Isn't it true in most of our lives? We just push God aside and do those sins, mindful of the fact that we are going against God. Ezekiel says, " and thier foolish hearts were darkened". God have mercy on us.

People want to flee, because they feel "tied down" or they struggle with wanting to do things they know they shouldn't.

People think God doesn't always see everything because they don't see Him.

I have to admit that yes, I have felt that way too. I've gotten too wrapped up in my, myself, and I, that I've forgotten all about God.

*embarrassed*

Why do people sometimes want to flee from God? Why do people imagine that God doesn't know what they do? Have you ever felt this way?

People sometimes flee from God because they don't want to submit to Him for various reasons, fear, rebellion etc.

They imagine He doesn't know what they do because they do not keep Him in their thoughts or because they don't know enough about Him to know how fruitless that action would be. No I cannot recall ever feeling that way.

WELL YES,I WOULD SAY THERE HAVE BEEN TIMES I WANTED TO RUN,FLEE OR COULD EVEN SAY HIDE FROM GOD.AND THE REASON IS GOD DOES KNOW ME INSIDE AND OUT.GOD KNOWS WHO I AM,MORE SO THAN I DO KNOW MY OWN SELF.GOD KNOWS EVERYTHING I DO,EVEN BEFORE I SPEAK,MY ACTIONS,EVERTHING THAT I AM,GOOD AND BAD.I CAN'T RUN OR HIDE FOR VERY LONG,BECAUSE GOD IS RIGHT THERE.LOOKING AT ME."LINDA",WHERE ARE YOU?WHATS GOING ON? AND WITH HIS LOVING VOICE,"WHY AREN'T YOU TALKING TO ME? THEN I AM IN TEARS,"OH GOD,I DON'T KNOW WHATS WRONG WITH ME"! ~ I DO KNOW WHATS WRONG WITH ME~ WHEN YOU BELONG TO GOD,YOU CAN'T HIDE FROM HIM,OR EVEN RUN FROM HIM ,FOR VERY LONG.GODS HAND IS UPON ME.KNOW MATTER WHERE I AM GOD IS WITH ME,ALL POWERFUL,ALL LOVING,ALWAYS FORGIVING WHEN I GO TO HIM IN REPENTANCE,COVERING ME WITH HIS HAND,LIFTING ME UP INTO HIS EVERLASTING LOVE.GLORY TO GOD AMEN