JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Touched by the Hand of God

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Good question

I like to speak with like Minded poeple, They are hard to find in places, God sends me.

I was lucky to meet one in a Jail cell,, down in Louisana.

1 How does god touch the palmist. It is self evident, a chain a "bizare events, strange unforseen circumstances"

2 Felt gods hand. " I don't know how to answer, I alway thought every one was a christian, more or less. " I am a radio "christian" "were ever I my roam" god is always thier. This experiance has always lead me. I try and only work with christians,

3. Like sending a 15 y/o kid to the Marine Corps, of patiance, disapline, love and understanding.

4. What was it like? The greatest adventure, Rollar coaster, solitude, peace, relaxation, and lauphing with Great Joy, and the trembiling of nonbelievers, the generocity of the believers.

In verses 5 and 10, how does God's hand touch the psalmist?

"You hem me in -- behind and before;

you have laid your hand upon me." (139:5)

In this verse I think David feels the pressure of the inability of sinful man to walk in a sinless relationship with the father. He is thinking about the flesh not the spirit.

10even there your hand will guide me,

your right hand will hold me fast." (139:10)

In this verse I think David feels the loving guidance of the Holly Spirit on his life. By following this guidance at the end of his life God will say this is a man after God

If you have ever picked up a little bird that has fallen from its nest and tried to return it, you know what God's hands around us feel like. God does not hold on too tight as to break our wings nor too loosely as to let us fall and injure ourselves. Just enough support and guidance to return us to our place on high.

I have felt God's hand around me often, but the most memorable time is when He delivered me to His Son. Some come rushing headlong to the grace of God but because of my stubornness He had to guide me and deliver me, that took 38 years.

I was raised in an alcholic household and was a drinker from the age of 16. The devil has many tools at his disposal and drink is one of them. But the most powerful tool the devil has is that of guilt. Guilt is an amazing tool, it can lead just about anywhere. Guilt takes away hope and without hope there is no destination.

Words cannot explain how it feels to be delivered into the saving grace of Christ Jesus. How do you explain in words what it is like not to see the guilt of the past any longer? To be blinded to the past and then have a wonderful future revealed to you at the same time is beyond description. This is what happened to Saul ya know. God had to blind Saul to his past in order that he might see his future as Paul.

I do not understand why God is so loving and so patient with us but I thank Him for that.

Darrell

Thou hast beset me behind and before, and hast laid thine hand upon me..Psm 139:5 the Lord knows everything in our past... everything in our future....

and He is in charge of it all...even now..

(many yrs ago this thot was shared by a wise teaching pastor...its words seem to ring true today..)

even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.. Psm 139:10

i am so glad this is also true today..."while the blossoms still bloom on the vine!"

the pastor's name was Hagstrom.. he's the one who asked:

"have you ever dedicated your imagination to the Lord? you know, thoughts developed in the darkroom of imagination soon become pictures..on the walls of memory...

Q2. (139:5, 10). In verses 5 and 10, how does God's hand touch the psalmist?

He is with him everywhere he goes and in all that he does he knows the hand of God is upon him. Protecting him and keeping him in the right ways. He has promised to go with us until the end what a wonderful thing that God has done not just for David but for us all. Thank you Jesus.

Have you ever felt God's hand on you in a special way?

Yes

Was it for your good?

Yes

What was it like?

Gods hand has guided me through many things and he has not let me go. He was with me at the death of my Mom, Dad, Sister and Husband. He guided me through the darkness leading me to a place he would hold me up and not let go of me when I was hurt and lonely. He is a mighty God Faithful and True. He will be all you will ever need and more. He is my best friend my comforter and guide and without him nothing would be right again. I just thank him and praise him for all he has done for me and in me. God is good and his mercy endures forever. Hallelujah :wub:

In a protective, loving and guiding manner.

Yes - I have felt God's hand on me both in a protiective and guiding manner and for disobedience.

Was it for your good? What was it like?

It was always for my good. He has been so patient waiting for me all these years.

Through the discipline of many lessons for disobedience to the many blessings of God's loving forgiveness and grace, he is slowly taking this "cracked pot" and making something that he can use for his purposes.

David knew the Love of God which constrained him in all his choices and ways in life...from the beginning to the end of each day...as closely as a Mother would her helpless child protecting and caring for him. and KEEPING him from harm. David knew God loved him and trusted him.

Yes, God's hand is upon me now, as a constant reminder of His Controlling life in me, and there have been times when I realized later His Hand was upon me guiding me even when I did not feel Him near me. He has made Himself known to me since I had ability to seek him as a small child, and I am eternally grateful for my name being carved into the palm of His Hand.

His hand can feel hurting or loving, but it is always Good, for we are in the process of being molded into the image of Christ, and we are so lumpy a piece of clay, sometimes, the process does not feel loving. More and more I am able to yield to Him, for my trust and faith is growing. My favorite prayer is..."Lord make me willing to be made willing where I am not willing to yield to your will" He cares and He wills me to be in His will...so I feel safe in praying this.

Q2. (139:5, 10). In verses 5 and 10, how does God's hand touch the psalmist? Have you ever felt God's hand on you in a special way? Was it for your good? What was it like?

David in the beginning of his kingly career was constantly pursued by Saul and even had to live among the Philistines to avoid him. David's Psalms are filled with the words that God is His strong Tower - a place of refuge.

I would think that when David felt hemmed in by the persuit of Saul - - beinging hemmed in by God's protection had to be so comforting.

God's hand is always upon me - - it is comforting and gives me tremendous peace and understanding.

IT'S STATES THAT GOD'S HAND IS ON DAVID FOR GOOD (GUIDANCE). IT PROTECTS DAVID. IT GUIDES HIM ON THE RIGHT PATH. IT IS CERTAIN.

YES, I FEEL GOD'S HAND IN MANY THINGS THAT I DO.

Was it for your good?

OF COURSE IT IS ALWAYS PLEASING TO HAVE THE HAND OF GOD LEADING AND GUIDING YOU. KNOWING THAT HE IS PROTECTING YOU WITH HIS LOVING KINDNESS.

What was it like?

IT IS THE BEST FEELING IN THE WORLD. IT IS HARD TO EXPLAIN BUT I'LL TRY. I GUESS WHAT I COULD SAY IS THAT IT'S LIKE

HAVING A SENSE OF SECURITY. KNOWING THAT NO MATTER THE SITUATION GOD IS THERE TO LEAD YOU, PROTECT YOU, WIPE YOUR TEARS AWAY, SOOTHE YOUR BROKEN HEART, STAY WITH YOU, LOVE YOU, TEACHES YOU, INSTRUCTS YOU, CORRECT YOU, GUIDE YOU, LEADS YOU, HEALS YOU, CARES FOR YOU, ETC......

Have you ever felt God's hand on you in a special way? Some two years ago my home was repossed by the Bank. They sold the house undervalue, and this year in June they came back to me by way of a writ of summons to get me to pay the residual balance.

God's guiding hands helped me file a defence and a cross claim; and has caused the bank to fail to respond to my defence and cross claim in the required timeframe. Praise God, he is now leading me to file a default Judgement against the bank and damages casused to be assesed.

I believe that he has done this so that justice prevails and that he is restoring me what I was devoured in Jesus mighty name.

Halleluiah ... Amen.

I have especially felt the hand of God on my life loving me, guiding me, caring for me and comforting me since I graduated from high school. I went to a small high school and then to a college of 18,000 students. God gave a little small-town girl courage and wisdom enough to graduate from college. He provided me with a job when I graduated.

He saw me through my mother's death from brain cancer when she was only 51. He brought me together with my wonderful husband.

He saw me through my father's suicide and the serious illness of my husband. He has always given me the strength to get through hard times. I've felt His nearness at those times, and I feel that I have grown into a stronger Christian from these difficult experiences.

Praise the Lord for his wonderful love for all of His children!

In verses 5 and 10, how does God's hand touch the psalmist? Have you ever felt God's hand on you in a special way? Was it for your good? What was it like?

God used His hand for protection and guidance. David feels that there is no escape from God because there is no place on earth he could go away from Him. I'm reminded of the passage in the last part of Romans Chapter 8 that "neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[ neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." If I were to really think back over my life, I'm quite sure I could cite several instances where God's hand was on me. They were mostly for my good.

Q2. (139:5, 10). In verses 5 and 10, how does God's hand touch the psalmist? Have you ever felt God's hand on you in a special way? Was it for your good? What was it like?

In verses 5 and 10, how does God's hand touch the psalmist?

By letting him know that he is always present with him. That he will never leave him or forsake him. By reaching down and protecting him and guiding him. :rolleyes:

yes :rolleyes:

Was it for your good?

Its always for our good. Even when we are going through things that hurts us. :)

What was it like?

Just knowing he is there always to protect us and guide us. Brings peace to us. :rolleyes:

GOD has securely enveloped David, causing him to feel the presence of GOD in an unusual way. He can feel the hand of GOD pressing him in a pre-ordained direction. It's as if, should David desire to go West (and GOD South) GOD would win the decision. But its in a gentle loving way.

Yes, I was placed in a way that was foreign to me and had no previous experience nor trail blazer to consult. GOD gave me assured guidance, in the way that I should take. I didn't feel as David felt "hemmed" in, but I know it was the hand of the Lord.

Yes, it was assuredly for my good. It came at a time when I had reached the end of myself and needed to know that I wasn't out of the Fathers will.

Complete joy. Comfort and gratitude. It's like being stranded on an sinking ship and you're wet to the waist with no hope of rescue, and suddenly you hear a voice saying "grab my hand".

God hand touched David in every way no matter where he went God was there. I've had God guide me to some tuff situtation but at the moment I really througt I had made the decision to change the course only to discover that it was God who led the way. yes it was good for me. Looking back it was/is a miracle(s) because without the guidence on God's hands I would have made the choices.

God's hand is protecting and guiding the psalmist

I'm not sure if I've felt God's hand on me. I know at this particular time in my life, He is making some pretty major changes in pretty much every area of my life.

It's definitely going to be good, because I'm following God again for the first time in many years.

What is it like? Scary and depressing because I'm losing a relationship over it and have started a new job over it as well. I have to make all new goals and dreams for my life. It's also exciting. I'm getting a whole new start. I know God has plans for me and they're going to be good ones.

As discussed, the touch of God's hand may result in either negative or positive way. But here David experiences the positive touch of God's hand. David was lucky. In many places in the old testament, the hand of God scorched people but here David experiences the love and kindness of God's hand, leading him and guiding him.

I have not felt it personally, but when my son 10, fell down from the 1st floor in 1993, and didn't even have a scratch on his body, we knew His angels brought him down to earth. Later he told the family members that the day before he dreamt that he was falling from a great height and the angels came and carried him down. It happened just like that. That evening when our family was in worship, the Lord spoke through my brother in law, then 20, through an out of the world voice, which shook all of us, " I AM WITH YOU AND WILL NEVER FORSAKE YOU" :rolleyes: That was a frightening as well as comforting presence. That was the most practical way I experienced the presence of God. There are many instances in which He was there and I could feel His presence. Missed many narrow accidents because of the loving hands of the Master. Innumerable instances, all of which lead me to praise God immediately. :D

Experiencing the presence of God is something to crave for. Its not an every day affair for ordinary people like us. We feel His presence when we sincerely seek His companionship, fellowship and company. When we truly seek Him, He will make Himself available according to His promises.

Q2 139:5,10 In verses 5 and 10 how does God's hand touch the ppsalmist? Have you ever felt God's hand on you in a special way? Was it for your good? What was it like

God's hand is guiding and protecting the psalmist. I like what it says in The Message. If I climb to the sky, your're there! If I flew on mornings wings to the far western horizon, You'd find me in a minute your're already waiting!

Yes, I have felt God's hand on me when my husband was diganose with Cancer and he was given 6 months to live. Through this he said in his word, way back in 1994 He spoke to me and my husband through and through the scriptures. Especially Psalm 139:13-16 in the Living Bible You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body, and knit them together in my mother's womb. Thank-you for making me so wonderfully complex! It is amazing to think about. Your workmanship is marvelous-and how well I know it. I was born and scheduled each day of my life before I began to breath. Every day was recorded in your Book. Hallelujah! He never abandon's us or fail to help us through it all.

In verses 5 and 10, how does God's hand touch the psalmist? Have you ever felt God's hand on you in a special way? Was it for your good? What was it like?

God lays His hand on David and leads him. Yes,I have. Yes it was always for my good or someone else's. It is very comforting and humbling.

God's hand was on David to lead him in everything he would do, as long as David was open to that leading.

I have felt God's hand on me in support, and it feels like nothing else. To know that no matter what I have done, or am doing, or will do, God will still be there to help me back up and set me back on the narrow road. I love the NLT version of exodus 34:14 "You must worship only the Lord, for He is a God who is passionate about His relationship with you. I so need to look at that scripture every day, it is posted to my computer screen!