JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Jesus got "special treatment" because He was the Son of God. He had set aside His divinity and rights when He came to earth in human flesh. (Phil.2:6-7) I think it was because, as the pure and sinless Son of Man, He completely maintained a pure, intimate, obedient relationship with the Father without a single breach or failure. And now as He faced the most demanding, agonizing choice that would ever be made, He was in need of extraordinary strengthening.

BUT how glorious it is that Jesus has given all that He has to believers. No one else will ever face the degree of need that He faced, but everything that was available to Him is also available to us! We have the Holy Spirit to guide and direct us from within. And we have angels to help guard and protect us from without. They are constantly at war on our behalf in the spiritual realm against dangers and threats that we cannot even see.

The Father has sent these wonderful ministering spirits into our midst to provide special, preferential support that unbelievers do not have. They don't sit around up in heaven with nothing to do! Are they not all ministering spirits sent out to serve for the sake of those who are to inherit salvation? Heb.1:14

• 2 weeks later...

Did Jesus get "special treatment" because he was the Son of God to have angels help and strengthen him in his spiritual struggle?

No I think we get the same help if we ask the Father.

The Guide Post publication Angles on Earth tells stories of how Angles have visited and touched people around the world.

Angels are given to us by God to minister to our needs as they come up and to protect us from evils we do not even realize are around us. Jesus was facing the more horendous death and temptation of all creation in his humanity and Godliness, I surely feel the Angels sent to Him by God had a very special job to do unto Jesus. As to how many or how much or to what degree they may have administered to Him, no one can say, but that does not eliminate our having the same privilege for we are Jesus' inheritance. All of us are not in need of very special angels' protection or ministering, but if we were, they are there and I definitely believe they have saved my life many times, due to my unawareness of dangers around me. God sent sufficint Grace and help to Jesus in His great NEED, as He does to us.

Q4. (22:43) Did Jesus get "special treatment" because he was the Son of God to have angels help and strengthen him in his spiritual struggle? Do we get that help, too?

Jesus could have enlisted the aid of angels to help him through His struggle, but He consciously decided not to (Matt 26:53, 54), so He didn't get "special treatment". This is, of course, because He chose not to take advantage of it. Since we are also sons of God, and "joint heirs" (Romans 8:16-18), we can receive that help also.

Q4. (22:43) Did Jesus get "special treatment" because he was the Son of God to have angels help and strengthen him in his spiritual struggle? Do we get that help, too?

Jesus did get helpful treatment from Angels. But that was not special. The same treatment is available to each one of us, His children. Each one of us have our gaurdian angels. They keep watch over our houses, our properties and our spirits. They wage battle against the evil forces in the spiritual realms. They provide necessary succor in times of distress and grief. Jesus ministers to us through these Angels. We have the power of the Holy Spirit from within our bodies and we have the help of these Angels outside of our bodies. Indeed, we are the most privileged lot among God's creation.

Did Jesus get "special treatment" because he was the Son of God to have angels help and strengthen him in his spiritual struggle? Do we get that help, too?

i wouldn't say that he recieved special treatment. the point was for him to be an example to us. what kind of example would Jesus of been if he could have more available to him than any other human. it wouldn't do us any good then would it. the help that Jesus prayed for was and still is available to us all.

Special treatment is available to those that serve the Lord. Yes, this act of sacrifice was hugely monumental to the salvation of mankind, so our Father had much at stake here to keep relationship in love his chosen children. It was HIs plan all along, so Jesus' human struggling with it was the same as our struggles that face us as we seek to be obediant to God's will to serve HIM. Jesus didn't have the Holy Spirit to help him, so angels were sent. We have the Holy Spirit and probably angels are at work with us in ways we need not understand.

I don't believe that his treatment was any different then what is avialable to us. It does not necessarily need to be angelic - it could be friend, clergy, etc. We just have to have to be aware and keep our eyes, ears and hearts open. I love the gentle whisper.

Did Jesus get "special treatment" because he was the Son of God to have angels help and strengthen him in his spiritual struggle? Do we get that help, too?

Getting help from an angel is special treatment but the bible records others getting special help from angels too. I think we do get it too, usually we are not aware of it.

:rolleyes:

No, I don't believe that Jesus received special treatment. Jesus had angels appear to give Him strength, many angels appeared to other people both before and after the death and ressurection of Jesus.

Yes, God sends us angels, some we see, some we don't. We may need strength, encouragement, love or any of 100 emotions and actions. I think that angels can come in many different forms. Such as a person in the right place at the right time. Recently I think I had an angel on my shoulder when a friend was encouraging me to keep on keeping on. He will NEVER leave us or foresake us. He is always with us and when we are in tune with Him we can see the angels at work in ourselves as well as others.

REMEMBER, JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON!

Q4. (22:43) Did Jesus get "special treatment" because he was the Son of God to have angels help and strengthen him in his spiritual struggle?

I WOULD LIKE TO BELIEVE THAT IT WAS "SPECIAL TREATMENT" AFTER ALL, LOOK AT WHAT JESUS IS ABOUT TO ENDEAVOR. BUT GOD LOVES US ALL AND HE GIVES US ALL THIS SPECIAL TYPE OF TREATMENT. IF SOMEONE WAS ABOUT TO BEAR THE CROSS TO SAVE THE WORLD FROM SINS, HORRIBLY AND SAVAGELY BEATEN AND NAILED TO A CROSS IN ORDER TO AQUIRE THE SINS OF MAN, I BELIEVE THAT DESERVES SPECIAL TREATMENT AND A LOT OF STRENGTHENING.

Do we get that help, too?

YES, WE GET THIS TYPE OF TREATMENT FROM THE FATHER WHO LOVES US DEARLY. :wub:

What Jesus got was no special treatment; God is the Creater of our being; and he knows and can detect when our functions requires that extra assistance to boost our performance. When we came to accept Jesus Christ, we have become equal heirs with him. Therefore God all so knowing sees when we need that extra hand and he sends his angels to help us out. Praise God. Amen... Wonderful revelation..

Edited by ekila

I don't believe that Jesus received anymore special treatment than that is available to us because we're Christians.

I definitely believe that angels protected me and a teacher friend coming home from school on a rainy day. I was driving, and my car hydroplaned. The centrifugal force when my car began spinning pulled my head back to the headrest. I could do nothing to help the situation. I was getting dizzy, so I closed my eyes. I don't know if other cars were behind me or not. When the car came to rest, it was on the other side of the highway facing the other direction. Somebody had to have been in control of the situation, I wasn't. I said that there were angel tracks all over the top of my car.

I'm sure there have been other situations in which angels may have come to my rescue.

No, I believe that Jesus didn't get special treatment. God Himself said that He is not a respecter of persons. Or holds one person in admiration above another. What God did for Daniel, Apostle Paul, Hagar et al He'll do for you and me as well. Scripture says that He learned obedience by the things that He suffered, He didn't escape that so trhere definitely was no special treatment, if so He would have avoided the cross.

Constantly, are we helped like that. The Angel of the Lord is entrenched around me, as I'm followed by Goodness and mercy.

Did Jesus get "special treatment" because he was the Son of God to have angels help and strengthen him in his spiritual struggle?

No, i think he was treated by the angels, not because of who he was.

Yes we do. They are there for us, just like they were for him.

Did Jesus recieve special treatment because He was the Son of God to have angels help and give Him strengthen Him in his spirtual struggle?

I dont call it special treatment cause God would send angels to help prophets and the apostles that were in need.yes he was the Son but God send angels at the moment of weakness and suffering.

Do we get help with that too?

Yes i believe so when we need him in times of distress or anguish or even for protection

Yes, I believe Jesus received special treatment in His hour of need through the ministry of angels. I believe we all receive special treatment according to our needs all the time. Through Jesus we are all Sons of God (and daughters), and He loves each one and ministers special treatment constantly.

"My God shall supply all your need, according to His riches in glory". I believe this means that if we need an angel Father will send one. I have heard personal testimonies from people concerning being ministered by angels (in the form of taxi drivers etc!). I also believe Father has sent angels to my children who are unbelievers, to save them for the day of their salvation. Otherwise how did they walk away from those terrible accidents? I praise His wonderful Name.

I dont think Jesus got special treatment being the Son of God,The angels were sent to strengthen Him as He went through the agony in the garden.

Yes we do and it is a pity many of us miss out on Heb 1:14 God has commissioned Angels to help all those who are heirs to Salvation.I ask God every day to send His angels to protect us.

Q4. (22:43) Did Jesus get "special treatment" because he was the Son of God to have angels help and strengthen him in his spiritual struggle?

Yes Jesus did get special treatment in a way the same way as any of us who are joint heirs with him get the help me need from the Father. He loved his son and knew that he would need added strength that he would be able to with stand all that he was going to be put through for our sins. He was without sin and was going to take on all the sins of all those that will turn to him and be born again. What a mighty load that was and how much strength it had to take to be able to stay alive just to go onto the cross to die for us. We will never know how much it cost to see our sins upon the cross. Only Jesus and God will know and they have the forgiveness for us what a wonderful Savior.

Yes we do get that help and many times we would not make it without that help. Angels come unaware the word says we entertain them. I know many times he has sent them to help me and lift me up and encourage me and get me through trials. Thank you Lord for such great love that you have for each of us. For me a sinner saved by grace and for me the lowest of all you die I thank you now and forever I give you praise. Hallelujah :wub:

I don't believe Jesus got "special treatment" just because He was the Son of God.

The angels were sent to strengthen Him and help Him in His spirtual struggle.

I believe God often sends angels to help give us stength in time of need tho we are unaware of this.

I believe many believers are visited and strengthened by angels in times of extreme struggle.

God has promised to 'never leave us nor forsake us,' so I believe He will send angels to help us in time of extreme need.

This doesn't mean that we can just order angels around and command that they do are bidding.