JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Prayer for a Revelation of God

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This prayer is obviously for people who already have saving faith in Christ. Paul's manner of prayer for them teaches me that love, appreciation, and concern for fellow believers are very important, even expected. It is, quite simply, loving those whom God loves. To continually have them on my heart, to be grateful for them, to keep their names before the Lord with a desire for their spiritual understanding and growth is a high expression of that love.

We have already learned that God expects believers to pray for others and that He partners with those prayers to intercede. It may be very important to pray for each other because so many times we don't even know what/how to pray for ourselves. Someone may recognize a need in me that I don't realize or that I'm not ready to pray for myself.

I have to believe that God is always at work to draw individuals closer to Himself. It may be to bring light to a sinner lost in darkness. It may be to bring greater knowledge and deeper insight to a saved child who needs to know Him better. But He has given us a privilege and a responsibility to join with Him, and I am certain that much is lost to us because no one prayed. That would make this kind of prayer for spiritual growth very important.

Q1. (1:17-18). What do you learn from Paul's manner of prayer for the Ephesian believers? If Christians stopped praying for people to receive a revelation of God, would people come to know God on their own? Would God work in them at all? How important is this kind of prayer?

That he prayed continuously and with sincere concern from his heart that God would work in them so that they might have a deeper understanding of His Word, drawing them closer to Him so that they would be blessed with God's fullness and bring glory to God.

No - not without revelation and insight. Without this and the presence of the Holy Spirit they would have no understanding of His Word.

Paul had a deep love and responsibility to praying for other believers, because it is commanded to all believers to do so. We are part of the Body of Christ, and a lonely stone in His temple. We NEED each other and their prayer support and encourgement all of which we are instructed to give to others.

As far as others coming to Christ without our prayers, I believe God elects and predestines who will be saved, but since He has told us to pray for the workers in the Harvest of His Kingdom, and since we are in the fellowship of His Body of believers, we would be amiss not to pray for those who do and do not know Him.. We do not know who has been chosen, and I think He puts in our hearts to pray for unbelievers and sinners and all mankind, even nations. Perhaps our prayers are used for drawing them closer to Him sooner than if they were to search on their own? All I really KNOW is that He has commanded us to pray for them, and for whatever reason, I will pray, just like I continue to pray for the salvation of my sons and brother and friends who do not know HIm.

Our brothers and sisters in Christ are greatly in need of our prayers to persevere in the faith and to keep on keeping on working in the harvest fields. Paul was very conscious of the great NEEDS of his fellow missionaries in their working to bring in the harvest, and realized the many temptations and wrong things they would be exposed to which would cause them to falter or preach the wrong doctrine....thus his constancy in prayer for them, for Paul was a true missionary with the Lords' will being his will also. Paul's love was very deep for the Lord and his people in trying to guide them into the Knowledge and love of Christ....PERSONALLY.

Q1. (1:17-18). What do you learn from Paul's manner of prayer for the Ephesian believers? If Christians stopped praying for people to receive a revelation of God, would people come to know God on their own? Would God work in them at all? How important is this kind of prayer?

From Paul's manner of prayer, we learn to pray without ceasing, giving thanks for new believers, pray with burden and commitment. As we have learnt previously, intercessory prayers are not ordinary two bit prayers but they are prayers of commitment and deep involvement. It should not be taken lightly.

When the disciples were rebuked and asked to keep quiet when Jesus made His truimphal entry into Jerusalem, Jesus answered them that if the disciples were forced to keep quiet, then the stones would cry out. Yes, if we stopped praying God would raise some other source of revealing Himself to His people, but then we would miss out on the great opportunity of being ambassadors for Christ. God would stop working in us and we would be relegated to 'have beens' and face voluntary retirement from active service to the Lord. To be in constant 'limelight' of the Lord or rather be in His fellowship continuously, we need to have such kind of prayer life. A prayer life that builds up society, church, and members in need of prayers. Its true, prayer accomplishes many things. If we believe that, then we should spend more time in quality prayer.

Q1. (1:17-18). What do you learn from Paul's manner of prayer for the Ephesian believers?

PAUL PRAYS FOR OTHER BELIEVERS THAT THEY MAY HAVE A REVELATION OF GOD. THAT THEY WILL GET A BETTER UNDERSTANDING , THEY WILL DEVELOP A SPIRTUAL RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD BY KNOWING GOD BETTER, SO THEY CAN AND WILL APPRECIATE GOD'S POWER, CHRIST LOVE, SO THEY CAN BE FILLED WITH GOD'S FULNESS AND GIVE GLORY TO GOD IN ALL THEY DO.

If Christians stopped praying for people to receive a revelation of God, would people come to know God on their own?

NO THEY WOULD NOT COME TO KNOW GOD ON THEIR OWN. THEY MUST BE TAUGHT. IT ALSO TAKES THE WORK OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.

Would God work in them at all?

IF GOD DID WORK IN THEM THEY WOULD NOT RECOGNIZE IT BECAUSE IT WOULD NOT BE THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT. THEY WOULD BE DUMB AND BLIND WITHOUT THE HOLY SPIRIT. THEY WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO COMPREHEND WHAT WAS HAPPENING TO THEM.

How important is this kind of prayer?

THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT KIND OF PRAYER IT DEVELOPS A RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD. A VERY DEEP SPECIAL RELATIONSHIP. AND TO PRAY THAT OTHER BELIEVERS CAN ALSO ACQUIRE THIS TYPE OF PRAYER AND UNDERSTANDING.

Q1. (1:17-18). What do you learn from Paul's manner of prayer for the Ephesian believers?

[I]Paul prays intercessory prayers, for insight, inner strength, and love for the believers, for the purpose that they will comprehend/understand truth, know God better, and be filled to overflowing with God.

Paul prayed for the believers to have a breakthrough in their comprehension and understanding of what it's all about. Paul prays that their lives will be filled with God - which is another way to say "know him" and have "Christ dwell in your hearts."

If Christians stopped praying for people to receive a revelation of God, would people come to know God on their own? Not unless it is in the plan of the maker, God the most high. Paul himself is a classic example of such. As a perscutor, I am sure the believers were not praying for Pauls conversion.

Would God work in them at all? [/i]That is Gods own perogative. He decides. In his due time and process. Man cannot pre-empt the workings of God. Faith moves God. The volume does not matter as even faith the size of a mustard seed can move mountains.

How important is this kind of prayer? Prayers of this nature are important as continued and persistant prayers are like adding constant prompts and reminders that, something must be done or acted upon or needs attention.

Edited by ekila

That he prayed continually for them and thanked God for them

It is doubtful if they would. They wouldn't know what God has promised us. The Holy Spirit must dwell in a person for that person to accept the things from God's Spirit. God would not work in them uninvited.

We must have revelation and insight to know the things that God brings to us, otherwise we would be ignorant of the Word.

Q1. (1:17-18). What do you learn from Paul's manner of prayer for the Ephesian believers? Would God work in them at all? How important is this kind of prayer?

He was sincere and he prayed continuously praying for a deeper understanding of the Word of God in their hears. The solid foundation that we should pray for every believer.

If Christians stopped praying for people to receive a revelation of God, would people come to know God on their own? - i think sometimes - God would draw the people to faith because it is always by the Holy SPirit that we come to faith. Samuel considered it a sin NOT to pray for people, we too, should pray for the lost -

Would God work in them at all? How important is this kind of prayer? - God has a special plan for all of us - and he uses other believers to be a part of that plan for the unsaved.

The prayer is important becaue it makes our relationship deeper and closer to God - - it reminds us of our duty to spread the word - and to be a witness for his kingdom.

What do you learn from Paul's manner of prayer for the Ephesian believers? If Christians stopped praying for people to receive a revelation of God, would people come to know God on their own? Would God work in them at all? How important is this kind of prayer?

His prayer is specific and to the point and encompasses exactly what is needed; it shows genuine concern for who is praying for and that he has spent some time thinking through what is needed. Yes people would come to God on their own, people's salvation is due to work of Calvary not to our efforts on their behalf. I think our prayers help, spiritually, in their daily battle of life against the flesh and the enemy of our souls. This kind of prayer is very important because it shows concern and love for those we are called to serve.

I think we should all learn that as believers, we need to constantly pray for each other to mature in our faith, as well as "grow up in Christ". We should want other believers to experience God's awesome power!.

I don't really know if people would come to God on their own or not. Everyone is different, it might depend on circumstances for each individual. But we as followers of Christ have a responsibility to ask that un-believers come to Christ. This kind of prayer is imperative for the faith of the Body of Christ.

What stands out in my mind is his consistancy in praying the "same" thing for them. As it was put till they "get it". And that the Spirit would open up their understanding, that the Spirit of God does His work inside of them. To me it means that Paul aquired quite a list of people and things to pray consistantly for, having founded Churches, he didn't just leave them to flounder but kept them constantly in his heart and prayer.

It is most unlikely that unless the Spirit of Christ does the revealing, mankind would never aquire the spiritual understanding needed to attain true salvation. Man doesn't know where to look, without the Spirit's intervention we'd still be bowing down to nature or something worse. Jesus mentioned that the Samaritans worshiped that which they did not know, are we any different without the Spirit's revelation of Himself and the Godhead?

God would and has revealed Himself to His creation in various ways that we may perceive His Glorious love towards mankind. Gaining a true understanding of Himself, takes Himself to do that. I marvel at the many testimonies of God's gracious love in revealing to the longing and searching heart Himself. Fullness requires the Spirit.

It makes surface knowledge or understanding of the Godhead, Faith and the many important things needed in Christian growth a requirement. Or stated another way, it make the believer hungry for the many things of God. And this type of prayer, paramount.

I learn that Paul is very encouraged by the reports he gets of the Ephesians, and he desires to encourage them all the more through thoughtful and specific prayers to aide them in their pursuit of the Holy.

If they were praying that for themselves, I am pretty sure God would give it to them, because I pray for stuff like that, and He gives to me those things, but I must continually ask and so often I just dont.

So yes, it is very important. Just like I wouldn't be here right now posting this answer if my two saved family members and their churches hadn't prayed for me, I need to pray for these things for other's knowing God will honor that prayer. Again, so often I don't.

I learn that Paul loves them, and so they are constantly in his thoughts. He longs for news of them and is ecstatic to hear a good report. He has been there, although not for a long time, so his relationship with them is personal, and some of their faces are imprinted on his brain. Through his constant prayers for them he keeps their memory alive and the relationship strong, and also, since Father hears and answers his prayers, they are blessed and prosper, both personally and in their faith.

I know of people who have become Christians without any Christian contact or literature (Bible), just by sheer revelation direct from Jesus. God can operate in an unimited manner at any time. However, he does share the great commission with us, and most people invite Him into their lives as a result of someone's prayer for them, and possibly the love that flows with it ("By this shall all men know that you are My disciples, that you love one another").

Father is not limited. His word achieves all that He purposes. The Holy Spirit is continually watching out for those who are honestly seeking Him, and can lead such people into relationship with God. However, this does not exonerate us from our part of loving and praying, because the effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. The only thing we can take with us to Heaven is another person, and we need to be about that business, largely on our knees!

This prayer is generative. It is the operation of love, and part of the creative nature of both God and Man, (made in the image of God). It actually creates ............................ so much. It creates our sphere of operations. It awakens our spirit to what is possible in God. (All things are possible with HIm) It locks us into the eternal perspective whose threshold we visited in reading the Bible. It enables the Holy Spirit to operate through us with groans too deep for words - this truly makes us the operative bride of Christ preparing her vineyard for His arrival. This prayer is also praise which brings the presence of God into our lives and the lives of those for whom we pray. In the presence of God miracles take place. We can't do without His miracles. This is what Life is all about - walking in the works that He has prepared for us to walk in.

What do you learn from Paul's manner of prayer for the Ephesian believers?

I think he wants them and us to really know the word. So he prays for us to have wisdom and understanding. Without it we can't really say we know him at all.

If Christians stopped praying for people to receive a revelation of God, would people come to know God on their own?

How could they know, if we don't pray for them to know, or talk to them? We have to pray for others that the Holy Spirit will convict them of their need for a savior.

Yes i believe he can. He will use anyone that will let him. He is a God that can do the imposible through us if we will alllow him to. Thank you Jesus. :D

I think its very important. Cause they will never know if we don't pray for them to come to know him.

;)

Paul is praying with his whole heart. He prays that God give the people wisdom, revelation, strength, etc. so that they will know God better, on a more personal level.

I think that prayer is a powerful tool and many. many, many Christians have come to know God through intercessory prayers but at the same time, through Gods help, the reading of scripture and other tools there are some who have come to know Him also.

Yes, God can do a mighty work in them. Look at Paul, the great persecutor of believers. I do not believe that it says in scripture that anyone was praying for him and look what God did. Totally amazing to me.

This kind of prayer is extremely important because so many are reached by the power of prayer. There are so many that may have been lost if someone wasn't out there praying for them.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL

Paul's prayer for the believers is very deep,emotional,spirtual cause he wants them to know that God is their for them. He gives all his being in praying for them in both parts of Ephesians. He intercedes that they may know that in spite of verything God is for them.

I feel that if christians stopped praying for a revelation that they would be lost if others were not interceding for their spirtual lives. What Paul did was intercede so may times even while in prison cause he wanted them to be saved.After the person has been introduced to God then it is possible for them to seek God on their own through the Word and prayer which are powerful tools.

This kind of prayers really help our spirtual lives and our daily lives as christians

Q1. (1:17-18). What do you learn from Paul's manner of prayer for the Ephesians believers?

We learn just how important it is to keep each other in prayer to lift one another to be able to intercede one for another. By praying for them to grow in God we grow in God.

Some may come to know him if they seek him and put him first but without the prayers of others we would not receive as much from God because he does answer the prayers of his chosen ones. The Holy Spirit also revels things to us to let us know God more so it is possible that they would learn.

Faith is one thing God gives to each person. He said to all a measure of faith has been given. So he can work in them and lead them. To say that if they where not prayed for they could not make it would be limiting Gods powers. He can do all things even the impossible. Thank you Lord.

God answers the prayers of those that call out to him. So when we pray for others he will answer and help them. So these prayers are very important and they are necessary not just for those we are praying for but for the one that is praying we much keep our prayer life alive so that we can hear from God. He did not want us selfish and unforgiving he wants us to love one another as he loved us. :D

He prays without ceasing, with thanks, and specifically. I believe people would still come to know God without Christians praying for them because other things can help lead people to Christ...the way a person lives, for example. But, that being said, the single, most important factor in leading others to Christ, is prayer.

From Paul's manner of praying, we learn that his prayers for the Ephesians was continual.

He didn't just pray once or twice, then stop.

Scriptures say that nobody comes to God unless the Holy Spirit draws them.

Prayer is important in order to lead someone to the Lord.

Ephesians is the second of Paul's text-books of doctrinal instruction for the believers in our present dispensation or age. The book of Romans told us all the truths concerning the standing of the sinner in Christ, as having died and risen with Him. Ephesians, now brings us beyond Romans, in that the sinner not only died and rose again in Christ, but now in God's sight and purpose, is seated with Christ in the heavenlies.

THE EPISTLE OF PAUL THE APOSTLE

TO THE

Ephesians 1

Ephesians is the second of Paul's text-books of doctrinal instruction for the believers in our present dispensation or age. The book of Romans told us all the truths concerning the standing of the sinner in Christ, as having died and risen with Him. Ephesians, now brings us beyond Romans, in that the sinner not only died and rose again in Christ, but now in God's sight and purpose, is seated with Christ in the heavenlies.

Where Romans ends with a reference to the revelation to the "mystery", Ephesians takes that "revelation of a mystery", and reveals that mystery to us. The book of Ephesians has it's foundation in the first eight chapters of Romans.

This "mystery", or "great secret" that Paul is to reveal, for this age or dispensation only, is called the "dispensation of Grace". The secret was that all "individual sinners amongst Jew and Greek alike, are called the "called out ones". Upon repentance, all these converts are formed into "the body of Christ", also referred to as "His Church". Once that sinner enters into the "body of Christ", they all become a member or part of that one body, for there is neither Jew nor Gentile in that body; but Christian.

The purpose of Christ's Church exists to "praise the glory of God's grace throughout all eternity", to be the future rulers and priests in God's eternal kingdom. This is the secret kept from before the foundations of this earth age. This earth age is a preparation time for Christians to learn through God's word the will of God, and to get ourselves ready for service in His will or plan. We become prepared by what Paul calls, "putting on the whole armor of God".

That "armor of God" is the only protection that the Christian that lives in this final generation of this earth age, can ever expect to stand against Satan, and resist taking the Antichrist's name, number and mark. If we accept any part of the Antichrist's system, or his deceptions, we are making ourselves useless to our Heavenly Father's service; for then we will have ceased allowing the Holy Spirit of God to speak through us; when we shall be "delivered up before the synagogues of Satan", as spoken of in Mark 13:11.

Ephesians 1:1 "Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus; and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:"

The word "apostle" in the Greek means "one sent by God". Paul was called by Jesus Christ on the road to Damascus, when he was struck down and blinded. This was the will of God that this should be done. This book of Ephesians is not for everyone, but "to the saints, and those faithful to Christ Jesus". The "saints" are the "set aside ones", or also called "God's elect".

The book of Ephesians covers a long period of time; the entire period of Grace, including our time of preparation, getting us ready for the spiritual battles all of God's elect will face during the Antichrist's [satan's] reign on earth, with the rest of his demonic forces.

Ephesians 1:2 "Grace be to you and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ."

Once you are called, you will never be satisfied again with the traditions of men. Grace and peace are two of the gifts given to His elect when they turn from their sins, to "God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ."

Ephesians 1:3 "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:"

Why?

Because Christ, upon His resurrection went to the right hand of the Father. Now we have a mediator sitting there at the right hand of God the Father. That throne is the center of all power, and is the giver of all spiritual blessings.

The "blessing in heavenly places" refers to more then you and I living in this present earth age. As II Peter 3 points out, there are three earth ages, and three Heaven ages. Verses five and six are talking about the age that was; before this earth "became" a ruin, as spoken of in Genesis 1:2. That heaven and earth are past; and it is because of what happened in that age, that we are all living in the flesh in this earth age.

II Peter 3:7 tells us this earth age now, which is the second one, will perish following the day of judgment, at the end of this age, and a new heaven and a new earth will then be established. The third earth age is eternal. This understanding of the three earth ages have to be understood before you can understand the fourth verse of Ephesians.

Ephesians 1:4 "According as He hath chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love:"

What does it mean to be "chosen"?

It means that there are certain people that God chosen in the first earth age, to do a task for Him in this flesh earth age. This is not reincarnation, for it is appointed for each of us to go through this earth age, the flesh earth age, once and only once. We read; "...It is appointed unto men once to die [in the flesh], but after this the judgment." Hebrews 9:27 This appointing and choosing took place before the foundation of this earth age; the second earth age [cosmos] that we now live in.

"Without blame" refers to the fact that God intercedes in certain peoples lives. Certain people have free will, while certain others are of God's election, however, God doesn't play favorites. Christ died for the sins of all who will repent; the chosen, and the free-will. All must repent for sins they commit, and love the Lord Jesus Christ, to have the hope of His glory.

"Before the foundation of the world", [cosmos in the Greek, meaning world or earth age.] The "foundation" in the Greek text, is the verb for, "the overthrow". This refers to something that happened in that first earth age, before the overthrow of Satan and his angels that followed him. When Satan fell [war against God], one third of all angelic beings [God's children] followed Satan. Then during that war, there were some who fought against Satan, and those who did, God calls "His Chosen". They took a stand, and were overcomers in that first earth age.

Have you ever wondered why you do the things that you do, at times. It's just like you have a destiny. You have always felt their is more to life, and this world, then what you have been taught. Paul addresses this in Romans 8:27. In verse twenty six it says that there are times in your life when the Holy Spirit makes intercession for you because you don't even know what to pray for.

"And he that searcheth the heart knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God." Romans 8:27 These saints are "the set-aside ones", or "the chosen". God has a overall plan, and a purpose in that plan just for you. That purpose is to bring back His children to Him; after that overthrow, and in this earth age.

Why would God intercede in a person's life, without them even asking? When your free-will goes against God's purpose for your life, God will intercede. When Paul's "free will" was to destroy all Christians, God's will was to take this highly educated man, and use Paul as the instrument for Him. Paul used to same drive to destroy Christians, that he used later to convert people, after his conversion.

We read that the Lord said; "...For He is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and Kings, and children of Israel:" Acts 9:15

Ephesians 1:5 "Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,"

"Predestined" means "from a prior time", or "required to do a certain thing" in the Greek text. You have a choice of loving God, or loving Satan. God will not interfere with your free will choice to chose Him or Satan. However, that person that proved himself during the overthrow of Satan, were "justified", or earned the right to be called "saints", from that first earth age.

Each soul comes from God, and enters an embryo at conception. This is why Jeremiah was a chosen one. "Before I formed thee in the belly I know thee; and before thou comest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet of nations." Jeremiah 1:5

"Sanctified" thee, is to "set aside, or apart for a purpose". Sins still have to be repented, and the price to pay for them still had to be made. To the predestined, and fore chosen, God can make life so miserable to those out of His will that they will repent. God has a perfect will, and God is always fair.

"And we know that all things work together for good, to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28 This verse is directed to a certain people, with a condition attached. This applies to "them who are called according to His purpose." "His purpose" is called God's plan, and God's overall plan is the offering of Salvation to all. That plan includes the teaching of God's Word; to plant seeds to convict; to live our life for Him; and to go and speak where God leads you. God will use you as it pleases Him.

"For whom He did foreknow, He also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren." Romans 8:29 God knew you, and what you were in that first earth age; and then [in that first earth age] God prearranged our destiny for this age. That destiny is to make us conform, or be like His Son, Jesus Christ. Though Jesus is the first fruits to overcome death, there are many that have that victory over death, through Christ's death and resurrection.

"Moreover whom He did predestinate, them He also called: and whom He called: He also justified: and whom He justified, them He also glorified." Romans 8:30 "Justified" means "judged" in the Greek text; God judged them there in that first earth age, and that is why God can and does intercede in the chosen's ones lives. The justified are the priests of the Zadok in the millennium age of Ezekiel 40, for the word Zadok comes from the Hebrew word meaning "the just".

Certain of God's children stood against Satan in the first earth age, and those that did stand, and did not follow Satan; God judged [justified], and He "chose" them then to be used in His eternal plan. Through God's perfect plan, God "predestined", and "ordained" each of them to His purpose to be used in this flesh age. Each of these will also be used in the Millennium age as priests, or called the "Zadok".

When you become a Christian, and God has given you a working over, He is trying to wake you up. God is calling out a people, His people, the "Elect-chosen, and predestined" to stand against the Antichrist [satan] in this final generation.

"What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:31 "What things"? The things mentioned in verses 27-30. The knowledge that God has judged the overcomers, and chose them for the purpose of fulfilling His plan; then predestined those overcomers to a service, not only in this flesh age, but the millennium age to come. They will be the priests [Zadok] then.

Let's return now to Ephesians, now that we have the background of predestination explained by Paul, in Romans. We were predestined to be the adopted children of God, by what Jesus Christ did on the cross. This is exactly what God's plan [His will] is designed to do. Being in the flesh body, we all will fall short, however, through repentance we are drawn back to Him, and into God's will for us.

Ephesians 1:6 "To the praise of the glory of His grace, wherein He hath made us accepted in the Beloved:"

The "Beloved" is Christ, the firstfruit, and first born to the Heavenly kingdom of God.

Ephesians 1:7 "In Whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace,"

Ephesians 1:8 "Wherein He hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;"

"Prudence" is insight. God has given us "redemption", or forgiveness from all our sin's, through Jesus Christ's death on the cross, and His shed blood. The grace God now gives us, opens our minds, and through His Spirit, we are given the "wisdom" and "insight" to understand all the mysteries, and hidden wisdom that the rest of the world calls foolishness. God has given you the gift of wisdom, insight, understanding, and the ability to use common sense. This is all part of our gospel armor, necessary for these end times.

Ephesians 1:9 "Having made known unto us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He hath purposed in Himself;"

The "mystery of His will", is that which we just studied from Romans 8:27-31. That mystery is the fact that God does have a plan, and certain overcomers of the first earth age were then predestined, and ordained for God's service in this earth age, and also in the Millennium age to come. It is God who allows this to happen, and purposed it within Himself.

Peter gave Paul credentials as he wrote in II Peter 3:15, that the wisdom the Peter revealed was first written by Paul. That wisdom is concerning the three earth ages, whereby the chosen were prejudged, and purposed by God to be of service in this earth age, and the next. Then in II Peter 3:16 Peter says; "As also in all his [Paul's] epistles [letters], speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned, and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction."

Those that God has called, are given the will to learn, and the wisdom and insight to understand; where as the unlearned and unstable in the Lord, just don't get it. They just don't have the eyes to see, nor ears to hear and understand the deeper meanings.

Ephesians 1:10 "That in the dispensation of the fulness of times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in Him:"

What dispensation? The dispensation from both the first age, and the present earth age; right up to the time of Jesus Christ's return. That is called the "fullness of time". In the fullness of time all of God's people will be gathered back to Jesus Christ. And we will all, both those saints in heaven now, and those who will live to see Jesus Christ's return at the seventh trumpet, will be drawn and gathered to Christ. Has God called you to Him?

Ephesians 1:11 "In Whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of Him Who worketh all things after the counsel of His own will:"

With out God's intercession, Paul would not have been the leader in the Church that he was. When Paul changed from working against God to working for God; He remained the same strength of character; bold and willing to stand against any man, even kings. Paul's mission changed from killing Christians to making Christians.

The "inheritance" that we obtain, is in the predestined plan of God. The inheritance is to the chosen, those who were overcomers, and God judged [justified] them then, and predestined them to His service in this age. The inheritance is being the Zadok in the Millennium, and that inheritance is our eternal life. What your full inheritance is will be according to God's predestined plan for you, and how you work to fulfill your part of that service. God is in control, and He controls His election [the elect].

It comforts me to know God is in control, even as the one world system comes into force, and Antichrist's rule will soon be total. God set the limits of his powers, and the God even shortened the time that Satan will have to rule. However, their rule has no power over God's elect, because every last one of God's chosen will see right through Satan's tricks and deceit.

Ephesians 1:12 "That we should be to the praise of His glory, who first trusted in Christ."

To be God's elect does not mean your better than all others; it means you going to do God's work. God has a rich inheritance for all those who are faithful to His work. "We", used in this verse, and those prior, are those who are predestined in the first earth age. Our goal and glory should all be to glorify our Lord Jesus Christ, in all the work we do in our flesh age, for God.

Ephesians 1:13 "In Whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in Whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise,"

The "ye" in this verse, are those who heard God's word and believed. They are not the predestined ones. When they believed, God sealed each of them with His Holy Spirit "of promise". That promise is the inheritance of eternal life. There is no difference between the inheritance of the predestined soul, and the soul that heard the Gospel of Christ, then believed and repented. However, there is a difference in the positions that the elect will hold in the Millennium temple. Ezekiel 44 describes the difference in the inheritance; it is in the area of ownership with respects to land, and the location to the throne of Jesus Christ.

The "Zadok" simply will not be given land, because they do not need it. They will all be in the priestly services of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 1:14 "Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of His glory."

"The earnest" is a pledge from God to us. "Our inheritance" is the gift from God to you and I, the Christians, of the "new nature" [our new spirit], and this is a pledge also from God for future gifts in the same kind. It is a total commitment which can not be broken, thus making this inheritance different from any other pledge ordinarily given.

The pledge in earnest is the same as the term "sealing". It is a legal term. God is creating His contract with us, the Christian, and God will fulfill that pledge, or covenant. The sealing of God's covenant is by giving to us His Spirit to dwell within us, and those other gifts He may also give to us. Our "earnest money", so to speak, is to fulfill our part of the agreement, and our part is to repent and believe in His Son, Jesus Christ; who is the actual one who paid the price to fulfill God's contract between Him and us.

We reap the inheritance, while Jesus Christ paid the price, and gets all the glory for it.

Ephesians 1:15 "Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,"

In other words, Paul is saying that he heard how all the Ephesian Saints became Christians.

Ephesians 1:16 "Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;"

Paul is like a father to them; this Church was built on Paul's work. Paul was close to them, and with a continuous tie to them.

Ephesians 1:17 "That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him:"

Paul's prayer for the Ephesians, was that the almighty Father would give to them the spirit of wisdom and revelation. Paul wanted all of them to understand all levels of wisdom of all three ages, and exactly what their inheritance included. When you know and understand your inheritance; it becomes precious and valuable to you. That wisdom and revelation can only come to you by the Spirit of God; the Holy Spirit.

This "foreknowledge" of God, is the knowledge of what went on prior to this present earth [flesh] age. This we discussed in verses four through eleven. Review, and pray God will clear our minds, to fully understand Paul's teaching.

Ephesians 1:18 "The eyes of your understanding being enlightened, that ye may know what is the hope of His calling, and what the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints,"

"Israel" [all the tribes] will be God's inheritance [the peculiar treasure of Exodus 19:5] on this earth. That time is at the acceptance of Jesus Christ by them. The Church is the body of Jesus Christ, and this body is Christ's inheritance in heaven. At the seventh trumpet, the entire inheritance of Christ [the Church] will dwell with Jesus Christ right here on earth.

Paul is praying that you, as part of that body, or inheritance, will know the hope and riches we do have as being part of Christ's inheritance in His kingdom. If God has called you through His Spirit, and a light comes on, don't resist Him. In that calling there is eternal hope, riches, and eternal peace.

Ephesians 1:19 "And what is the exceeding greatness of His power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of His mighty power,"

You must close the eyes of the flesh, to open the eyes of the Spirit. The two simply cannot be compared. It is from the Father that we get the desire even to seek after Him.

God's "power" is His help given to us. Paul is telling us, it is only by God's mighty power, or special help, given to only His own that we are able to comprehend God's mighty acts. Most of the world looks at God's work in the Bible as a series of fairy-tales, and unbelievable stories.

Ephesians 1:20 "Which He wrought in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead, and set Him at His own right hand in the heavenly places,"

Do you know why?

Ephesians 1:21 "Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:"

Get a hold of that, friend; By Christ being placed at the right hand of the Father, Jesus Christ has power over all kings and nations, and dominions, and persons in this world age, and the next. When Jesus Christ completed His work on the cross, and arose out of the tomb, God placed Him over all ---everything. Through Jesus Christ we have the power over all also, including Satan [the Antichrist], because God gave it to you. So assume the power! The authority for that authority is given to us through God's Word, but we must claim it.

Ephesians 1:22 "And hath put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be the Head over all things to the church,"

Why the Church?

Ephesians 1:23 "Which is His body, the fulness of Him That filleth all in all."

Jesus Christ's true church is not a building, and it is not a denomination; but it is made up of all the true believers, with God's Holy Spirit in there hearts and minds. In Acts 2 we read of the beginning of this body of believers, who when they spoke, every one heard and understood in their own language and even in their local dialect.

That body of Christ of true believers has grown, and in these last days, we are told by Joel, and Jesus in Mark 13, that it will happen again just as on the day of Pentecost. Acts 2:6,7 tell us that when the true spirit speaks, there is no confusion, "because every man heard them speak in his own language". In the Greek text, "dialektos", or as we say dialect. This is why everyone was "amazed and marvelled". That is right, right down to the very town and neighborhood they came from, and were born in.

I simply haven't heard of that happening yet, but it will happen soon. The evidence of the Holy Spirit is this tongue. It is those, with the foreknowledge of what happened before, and those sons and daughters within the body of Christ that will perform at the appointed time, as it is written in Mark 13:11.

Denominationalism has nothing to do with Christ's true body, but it is made up of those with the revelation, truth, wisdom, and the seal [knowledge] of the Living God.

The Shepherds Chapel

It is important to keep praying for other believers to continue to grow and receive more revelation of God and to give thanks for other believers.

I think some people would but the number of people who did would be greatly diminished.

Would God work in them at all? How important is this kind of prayer?I think this kind of prayer is very important. God has chosen to work in partnership with him and prayer is one of our very important responsibilities. I have prayed this prayer in Ephesians fo a few other believers and have noticed changes in their relationship with God after praying but I have definitely not been consistent and persistent in prayer like Paul was. What a wonderful and amazing walk with God he had!

• 2 weeks later...

What do I learn from Pauls manner of prayer for the Ephesians,~Paul prayed a very strong prayer for the people.He wants them to know God better.He wants them to know as much about our lovng Father',as he knows the love of our Father himself.As he prays for them he knows the Holy Spirit will move in and and help them.I don't think people would know God on their own,its the move of the Holy Spirit,our prayers,being a witness,showing the love of God that we have.People know their is a God,but they really don't "Know Him", in their hearts.I believe God works in all believers,but we have to pay attention.For others,everyone has a choice,to know God and salvations,and all Gods goodness,or they choose to live as they will,rejecting God and all He has to offer them.

Paul's kind of prayer is wery important.It could mean life or death for some people.Our prayers are for the people to choose life.even as believers God wants us to know Him better.Just to know God is to love God,and God will complete our life in everything we do in Christ Jesus.To know God is to open our hearts and God will keep pouring in all His goodness.Like the song"Rain Down"Holy Spirit "Rain Down,on me.My Pastor prays that on his congregation.Knowing God,is everyday,everyday,of our life,and my prayer for you today is to know God better,everyday of your life.Amen