JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. The Eternal God

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time is a finite measure. I don't believe there is time in the infinity of eternity, certainly not as we know it. And I cannot get my mind around it, quite honestly. God exists outside the boundaries of time.

To know that I am going to be in the presence of the LORD for all eternity with uninterrupted, unhindered fellowship and worship that is unmarred by my flaws, failures, or carnality of sin is almost unimaginable. Yet as I try to imagine it, I go all the way from feeling the exuberant joy of anticipation to the satisfaction of finally becoming the perfection that I was meant to be to the humble acknowledgment of my unworthiness. Knowing that I'll dwell in the pure presence of love makes me feel appreciative and grateful for what was sacrificed so I can be there. Thank you, Lord Jesus.

Q2. (Isaiah 57:15) What do you think it is like to "inhabit eternity"? What will it be like when you inhabit eternity with the Eternal God, seated with Christ Jesus in heavenly places? What emotions does this inspire in you?

What do you think it is like to "inhabit eternity"?

I don't think we get the concept of eternity and what it will actually by like. Eternity knows no time. For it goes on and on and on. No beginning and no ending. :)

What will it be like when you inhabit eternity with the Eternal God, seated with Christ Jesus in heavenly places?

It will be so wonderful. To be with the one that gave his life for us. I can't even imagine what Joy we will have when we get there. :rolleyes:

What emotions does this inspire in you?

Makes me feel excited. Happy. It gives me a peace to know that I will someday be with him. :D

Ahhhhh to not be limited, restrained, boundried, by time or space, always abiding in the present because time is not "concluding or moving to a conclusion", but always is. To know that all of the tomorrows and futures will be encompassed by me. Having no restrictions or watches.

There was a writer who said it would "always Sunday, always howdy and never good by". To have your dreams fulfilled of total and complete peace, safety and enjoyment. Being with the one you love (Christ and His God my Father) never seperated or the fear of seperation because of sin. Basking in His Glory.

Well after wiping my eyes, it stirs a hunger and a desire to be with the Lord, after listening to the news and reflecting on this, if there was a hotline home I'd be on it, calling for the same chariot that God sent to get Elijah to come for me.

To "inhabit eternity" is difficult to comprehend what that will be like. To "inhabit eternity" means that I will not be changing in form or growing older. Just as God is who He is today, yesturday and tomorrow, I will also not be changing in a sense of growing older or taking on physical changes to my body. We can get so caught up on our physical appearances on earth, but in heaven we will for eternity, be what we are the second we step into heaven.

We have changed our residence 10 times since we were married in the early 1970's. But we will "ihnabit eternity" forever without ever having to move to another location ever again! Our eternal place of residence will be ready for us to move into and will never have the need to replace the carpet, curtains or adjust the landscape!

Here on earth I continually pray for "more of You" in my life or "open my spiritual eyes" so that I can experince you more fully. To "inhabit eternity" means that I will always be in the presence of Christ Jesus and I will be gazing upon Him forever.

I have a flood of emotions when I think about inhabiting eternity with the Eternal God. I feel very humbled and very joyous at the same time. I cry in deep gratitude and laugh with extravagant joy. Praise is always be on my lips as I await the day He will welcome me with open arms. It is then that I will receive that embrace from my Heavenly Father in a fuller way than I do now. That embrace will be truely face to face. What glory! What praise!

Q2. (Isaiah 57:15) What do you think it is like to "inhabit eternity"? What will it be like when you inhabit eternity with the Eternal God, seated with Christ Jesus in heavenly places? What emotions does this inspire in you?

To inhabit eternity would be like a mission accomplish after all the toils of life to enter a place of peace and rest for ever.

It would be overwheming, a blessing and joy to finally be with God seated with Christ Jesus where we would never have to worry about nothing any more. It just trills me thinking about it. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think 'Pickledilly' said it best, or at least I like the way he said it and completely agree. I don't think I could really say it any better.

But I'll try...

to inhabit eternity would be like a dream come true, to see things as they were intended to be, pure and clean and their true beauty. It's like we are living in a fog now, but then, the fog will lift and we will be able to see the real colors, and the way things really are.

being there with God & Christ Jesus, will bring peace and security as we have never known before.

it will inspire praise, worship, joy. contentment. To hear all of heaven singing the same songs of praise at the same time - AWESOME.

God is the habitation of his people,who find rest and safety in him. Justice and judgement are the habitation of God"s throne,because all his acts are founded on justice and judgement. God inhabits eternity dwells not only among men, but eternity where time is unknown:and"the praises of Israel", he dwell among those praises and is continually surrounded by them. Love,joy, peace,eternal glory,we share in the promise through Jesus Christ,we come with freedom and confidence into God"s presence,we are set free of our sinful nature. This is what i believe it will be like when i inhabit eternity with the Eternal God.

The thought of "inhabiting eternity is just too awesome to comprehend. No mere mortal can even conceive of what eternity will be like.

The thought of being with Jesus for eternity inspires in me feelings of joy and wonder.

Q2. (Isaiah 57:15) What do you think it is like to "inhabit eternity"? What will it be like when you inhabit eternity with the Eternal God, seated with Christ Jesus in heavenly places? What emotions does this inspire in you

I can't imagine what it will be like to live forever. To be forever in the presence of the Living God will be awe inspiring and leave us with the angles saying Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty. To be in the presence of Jesus will leave us filled with wonder. How could I be worthy to be in His presence. Our emotions will be of wonder thankfulness, and love for what He has done for us. We will want to praise Him and worship Him and give Him reverance for being our sacrifice.

I really cannot imagine what it will be like to inhabit eternity with an eternal God

I can think a very real fear of God will be with us always as to wanting to do and be what

we should before him. It will be most likely an awe inside us and yet a peace that

will allow us to be before him and preform the duties we are intrusted with.

I know I feel the we will have emotions because God says in heaven there will be tears

and that emplies saness and happiness and emotions will still exist in us

But the peace of knowing This God's eternal presence it there these emotions should be

for the good and keep us in a positive feeling most of the time.

Even being saved this inspires awe and fear in me

I know I have been saved but still the sin in my life is there

and sometimes I cannot imagine being with God forever and being able to stand before him

I know he died for my sin but this sin seems to be a wall that blocks my being able to imagine

a good peacefull heavenly existance with this God of eternal power and goodness an Iam that I am.

To inhabit eternity is really unimaginable. Living forever without knowing the beginning and the ending. Staying in the presence of God will be a period of joy, peace, love, praise and thanksgiving. A period of assured security.

This emotion of inhabiting with God eternally will inspire to worship HIM in truth and in spirit. it will inspire praises all through. It will inspire joy in its fullness.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I can imagine what it is like with my finite mind: I think it may be a bit like having the entire length of human existence captured in lets say a glass bottle and to be able to watch any bit of time at any moment all at once. That's a rather lame description, but I live in time; what can I say?

We will be unaware and unfettered by any "time" when we live with the Eternal God and will only be aware of His Presence and our desire to worship and experience Him. As I get older, I become more aware of this mortal tent and earth and long to just be with Him.

• 5 weeks later...

Q2. What do you think it is like to "inhabit eternity"?

Perhaps a feeling of ultimate freedom.

What will it be like when you inhabit eternity with the Eternal God, seated with Christ Jesus in heavenly places? What emotions does this inspire in you?

I think I will feel amazing peace and safety, totally content and at home.

• 3 weeks later...

Inhabiting Eternity is difficult to comprehend but I think that it is wonderful for the Person, who created the Heavens and Earth, to be able to see how the many ways the heavens and earth have been used whether Good or Bad. When the day comes that I am given the honor to inhabit and share eternity seated with Jesus Christ, the very man that was sacrificed for me to have the remarkable life I have had, will give me the richest level of self esteem and will certainly verify my total loyalty to Him.

Emotions, Happiness, Fulfillment, Rich in God, Fathful and Glorified.

• 2 weeks later...

I suppose it is difficult in our fleshly state to comprehend what it will be like to inhabit eternity. We have to rely on what the bible tells us about this. It will be grand. We will be in our perfect bodies, there will be no more sickness, no more tears, we will be with our Heavenly Father. We will be praising and worshiping Him for eternity. There is nothing to compare it to in our knowledge, and thus it is difficult to imagine.

It fills me with joy, anticipation to be with God in heaven. It is a time to look forward to, to yearn for.

Such an experience is simply impossible to imagine. It is just too good to be true! However, the beauty, happiness and sense of fulfillment that I predict are the motor of my life and give me hope. They help me to keep the right perspective of life and everything that happens to me. Considering the perspective of eternity, what is so important to motivate me to act or to take away my peace?

• 3 weeks later...

I have no words to express myself how I will feel when I inhabit eternity . It is a day I am longing to see that is why I am putting all of Faith and trust in the hand of God who will finish my salvation.

• 3 months later...

With all the earthly cares, as we now know them, gone; we will live in one continuous state of worshipping the great I AM. We will be filled with joy and peace without measure. Oh, what a time that will be. MARANATHA! Come, Lord Jesus.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

We, as finite beings, cannot comprehend infinite time and space. When I think of eternity with the Eternal God, I picture the river of life and the tree of life with the leaves for the healing of the nations. God's glory being it's light. It brings comfort, rest, contentment - we are home.