JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Asking, Seeking, Knocking

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q3. (Matthew 7:7-8) Why is continual asking, seeking, and knocking so essential to our looking forward to the Kingdom? Why do we give up so easily? How do we gain boldness and persistence in prayer?

We must 'seek the kingdom' continually; this should be our goal. The more we continue to ask, the more He answers us. The more we listen, the more we recognize His voice. We gain confidence in our prayers by listening to His whispers to our hearts and following what is right according to the Word. The more we engage ourselves in righteous living, the more confidence we have when coming to the throne.

In my opinion many have abused this passage of Scripture, using these verses in a manner to petition anything one may desire is out of context and out of content. By doing so can damage one's level of faith as well. These principles can apply outside the text, however they also congeal within the text. In my opinion when taken away from the context many, MANY use verses 7-8 as in God is giving the Believer the authority to write a blank check for material blessings. Some people throw in Psalm 37:4 (give thee the desires of thine heart) negating verses 3 & 5 of the same Psalm. This concept does not flow with the whole picture the Bible paints concerning prayer. Such as in conformity with the will of God 1st John 5:14 and sincerely Hebrews 10:22, Psalm 66:18 and many other passages of Scripture. Pray according to His will and His Word!!

Matthew 7:7-8) Why is continual asking, seeking, and knocking so essential to our looking forward to the Kingdom?

Why do we need to keep asking, seeking and knocking, because as long as we live we will keep encountering life and it's challenges. We need to constantly keep our focus on God because too easily we get our focus back on our problems and forget about God for the moment. The command to continually pray is for our benefit to continually keep our focus upon God and not ourselves.

Why do we give up so easily?

I believe we give up so easily because we are impatient or tired. We desire the process to of growth come to fruition, just as a child wish they were taller or stronger than they are. We desire the opposition to cease because it is tiresome or painful. We cannot see an end now, when the ending maybe eternal.

When we grasp the concept of Kingdom living, the Sermon on the mount, when the Seed by some 3000 %, 6000%, and 10000% return within us, we will by His grace live as His witness, His disciple to a greater capacity. We in or as an example like a cell phone is of good use when charged, functioning well being charged from its source. When we are weakened by live woes, opposition and or Self we will turn to Him for renewal, recharging and not give up so easily. We are pilgrims, sojourning at this time until He calls us to rest and to Him.

Chapter 7 from 1-7 in a nutshell is saying, We need to pray, communicate with God to grant wisdom dealing with SELF (verses 1-5) concerning sharing holy things (verse 6). This passages of Scripture, when we stay within the context is not about gaining material substances but about gaining help to live using Kingdom principles. Everything that we need for spiritual success has been promised to us. The blessings and provisions of God are available to every one of His children. To live out the Sermon on the Mount we need the help of the Comforter.

How do we gain boldness and persistence in prayer?

By doing so, by praying, the boldness, boldly is not arrogantly or because of many repetitions. It is with confidence and reverence, a factor of our confidence is based on the knowledge that Christ died, He sacrificed His life for us to have a chance at life. Also that He lives to keep us. We gain boldness as we grow in knowing Him, we gain persistency as our relationship increases.

Q3. (Matthew 7:7-8) Why is continual asking, seeking, and knocking so essential to our looking forward to the Kingdom? Why do we give up so easily? How do we gain boldness and persistence in prayer?

We don't gain anything with talking it out with Christ. We must follow him in every way with our senses mentally, physically, and spirituality continuously in every way.

To practice persistence does more to change our heart and mind than his, and it helps us understand and express the intensity of our need. Persistence in prayer helps us recognize God

Q3. (Matthew 7:7-8) Why are continual asking, seeking, and knocking so essential to our looking forward to the Kingdom?

We have not because we ask not, asking is required of us, seeking is our endeavoring to receive what we asked for, not giving up, for the door to be opened we must knock, expecting we will be heard and the door will be opened to us, if the door does not open we knock harder, for we are seeking, not giving up, it is most important, in

We must stay prepared because no man knows the hour that Jesus will return and we are going to be constantly attacked by satin trying to steal our salvation. We must continue to study and work at keeping others from being lost. We tend to give up because it is the human thing to do if the going gets tough then quit,but this is not what Jesus wants, He says we must keep seeking and asking. Wegain boldness in presistant prayer because we are led by the Holy Spirit other wise we wouldgive up praying also.

Persistency gets us what we need. We give up sometimes when answers don't come right away. We stop knocking. If someone wanted to sell me something, he would knock until I answsered. If he just knocks a few times lightly, he wasn't really that interested in making the sale.

Our boldness & confidence comes when we realize that God will answer--in His time. We can count on Him. We continue to be faithful in prayer daily....

God answers prayer in His own time. It may be immediate or it may take years. If we persist, as He directs us to, He does answer. If we are His children He must answer for God cannot tell a lie. When the answer is delayed it is only because God is trying to teach us something. One of my favorite verses is John 15:7, which shows that answered prayer is conditional:

Why is continual asking, seeking, and knocking so essential to our looking forward to the Kingdom? God answers our prayers in his own time and in his own way. By being persistent in prayer, we grow in our walk with God. Our faith increases if we do not give up. And whilst we are asking, seeing and knocking, God will reveal more of Himself to us.

1) We have become too demanding and we expect God to answer us according to our timeline. We give up when He does not answer us immediately.

2) Some of us are too worried and ansxious to wait upon the Lord so we take matters into our own hands - we think God is too small to handle our big problem

3) Some of us do not have enough faith to wait

How do we gain boldness and persistence in prayer? We must have faith in God and faith comes by hearing and reading the Word of God. We must also come to the realization of who we are in the Kingdom of God. If we are aware that we are God's children and He is keen to answer our prayers according to His will, we will be bold and persistent in our prayer.

Why is continual asking, seeking, and knocking so essential to our looking forward to the Kingdom?

We need to take action and then we can expect results. We do not want to sit on the sidelines and whimper about all of life. We need to boldly seek the Father and be His child.

I think we give up so easily because we are afraid of asking the wrong thing...of seeking only our own will. Perhaps at times we are just too timid to tell what is on our heart.

We gain boldness by following the action examples that Christ Jesus gave us....ask and it sahll be given, seek and you shall find, knock and the door will be opened. We need top step out in faith and belief.

Q3. (Matthew 7:7-8) Why is continual asking, seeking, and knocking so essential to our looking forward to the Kingdom?

Because this is a promise to us that when we ask, we will receive, when we seek and knock with out giving up, He will then hear our prayers and open up the doors to His kingdom and our out His blessing that He knows that we are truly in need of, rather than what we think we need. I look at God and ask for what ever is on my heart. Out of my heart speaks my mouth, so after I have asked, I begin to look for (seek) His hand at work. I am always looking to see how God will do with that which I have asked.

Why do we give up so easily? The only thing I have ever given up on asking for is when it comes to a life or death of someone who is at deaths door. I had to learn the hard way that no matter how much we want to see Him glorified in a life and death situation, ultimately it is always a decision that He will choose. It is this way in everything, but for some reason, I just remember asking that He spare a life of a fella I barely even knew and give him more time to be able to make a decision and believing with all faith that the man would pull through, he died during the night. I quit asking after that.

It was at this time that I also began to pray differently. What I learned back then was that when Yahushua was praying in the garden, asking that Yahwey take away the cup that He would soon bear, He said,

Jesus tells us to constantly seek after God, pursuing God and not giving up. We need to ask God for knowledge, wisdom and understanding. We will be rewarded for our efforts. Know, that God loves us and that we are His children, He will give us what we need. He will not withhold any good thing from us. How do we gain boldness in prayer, by faith and belief that God always keeps His promises. :rolleyes:

Because we must pursue the kingdom, seek after it, long for it etc. Something we desire (want) we go after it.

Not sure, maybe we loose confidence in our request, that God will grant it. We get distracted and off point and forget about, something that seemed so urgent last week is not as bad today?

Boldness comes by believing who our Father is and all His promises to us. I think the word says if we ask and have doubts we will receive nothing.

We are to continue seeking and knocking because God wants to hear from us daily in our needs and wants. I have been praying everyday for our family to be saved and I will continue to do so until the Lord takes me home or until they are no longer here. God is not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. Those who give up and do not continue in prayer have lost heart and gave up on God. I will never surrender my family to satan. God will answer in His perfect timing. We get boldness in prayer, by a constant awareness of the Lord in our life and never, never, never, give up, I surrendered my life to the Lord many years ago and I will not give up praying for our family and our needs also. Thank you Lord for your love. Is 40:31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint.

Jesus tells us to persist in pursuing God. Some people often give up after a few halfhearted efforts and feel God can not be found. However, knowing God takes faith, focus, and follow-through, and Jesus assures us that we will be rewarded. We should not give up in our efforts to seek God. We should continue to ask Him for more knowledge, patience, wisdom, love and understanding. He will give them to us.

God and His word should be first and foremost on our minds and hearts. Daily we must concentrate on Him and live for Him, trusting that He is bringing about the change He desires for us. We are to work to support our families current needs. His promise is that He will provide all we need, when we have followed His commands.

We must continue to ask because God demands it of us. We have certain needs that he know we need, but some that unless we ask Him he won't provide. NOt because He doesn't know but because we don't ask. He knows our every thought, need, and want. We have to trust that He will provide these things when we ask for them. They might not be given right away, because He does everything IN HIS OWN TIME!!!

We live in an instantaneous society. BY this I mean we want everything right now. But God will give to us In His own time frame. We think He doesn't listen because He doesn't give us what we want all the time. Have you ever asked God for something and He has not proivided it right when you asked for it, but later down the road He just provides it. Well that is what I mean by IN HIS OWN TIME!!!

As we pray for certain things we must BOLDLY ask for them. NOt because He needs us to speak up, but because he wants us to. He knows our every thought before we do so he won't need to hear us when we ask. He wants to hear us.. Boldly hear us!!! He wants to know that we seek him.

This continual process is the way we learn and grow in our daily walk with Jesus. Prayer, study of Scripture and meditation on it is the method of communication God has designed for us. As we continue and progress in this rapport, we will be better able to recognize God's voice when He speaks to us. When that happens, it becomes easier to know His will and to walk in it.

One reason we might give up easily is because we don't immediately see an answer, or we think the answer isn't the one we wanted. We are impatient when God says "wait." We aren't trusting when He says "I've got something better than that for you." We haven't developed a deep enough spiritual relationship with Him.

We can gain boldness and persistence in prayer through the formation and cultivation of spiritual discipline. The more we learn about the way God designed to communicate with us, the more thankful we'll be for it, and the more we'll want to use it, until we can't imagine not talking to God about everything in our lives. When we see and feel the benefit in real ways in our lives and we see it as the relationship between ourselves and another real person -- THE CREATOR AND RULER OF THE UNIVERSE -- the relationship will become more of what God intended it to be.

Continual asking, seeking, and knocking are essential to our looking forward to the Kingdom as it is indicative to our determination to please the Lord. What you want most, what you treasure most, what is most valuable to you - you do what it takes to secure it. Continual asking, seeking, and knocking indicates the value of our walk with God. . .

The tendency to give in(asking, seeking, and knocking) is based on the idea that one may already have everything they want from God and that there is no need to progress in it. . .

B)

Continual asking, seeking and knocking is essential for looking forward to the Kingdom because we should have (and God desires us to have) passion about seeing God's Kingdom come. I'm brought to mind the admonishment about being lukewarm. If we have true passion about anything, the spark of enthusiasm rarely dies. There is a fire in our bones and a consuming desire to see fruit come from what we are passionate about. When we seek and pray continually, we are asking with passion for help from God to see fruit from our labors or answers to our prayers. We are confidant He hears and in His time will move for His will to be done. Sometimes this is a direct answer to our prayers and sometimes He answers in different ways, but we always see His divine wisdom in the outcome. Another passion is to know God better. When we desire to know someone better, we seek them out. We desire to have understanding and to know them more intimately. We are persistent to speak to, be around and get to know the object of our desire. God desires to be the one we want to know more than anyone else, so seeking for Him is always rewarded with finding Him!

People can give up easily because they never really had the passion needed for a call to persevere or they may even totally miss what God is doing if it doesn't look like their preconceived idea of what is going to happen. Sometimes Satan throws in every kind of diversion to draw our mind elsewhere or our circumstances change and we become distressed or discouraged. Also, we can get caught up in living in this world and fall away without even seeing what we are doing. Suddenly we look around and ask what happened and how did we get so far off from where we wanted to be. Then we are called back to our first love and resume again.

How do we gain persistence and boldness in prayer? Remaining in Christ. If He truly is who we seek and who we live for and is really number one in our lives, we will actively be in relationship, seeking His will and we will know His very nature and that we are welcomed with love before His throne and can expectantly look forward to His care and concern for our needs and for the needs of those we bring to Him in prayer.

Q3. (Matthew 7:7-8)

Why is continual asking, seeking, and knocking so essential to our looking forward to the Kingdom?

We are told to keep on asking, keep on seeking, and keep on knocking, indicating the importance of consistent prayer in our lives. We are to be persistent in our prayers; recognising the fact that we need to continually come before God. To live the Christian life is no easy matter, and this cannot be done in our own strength. The wisdom or power for such a life must be given to us from above. So here we have an invitation to ask and keep on asking; to seek and keep on seeking; to knock and keep on knocking. Wisdom and power for the Christian life will be given to all who earnestly and persistently pray for it. Only through prayer can we as believers stay in contact with God, knowing what He wants us to do, and then have the strength to do God

Answer:

In one of the very difficult passage(at least for me),in New Testament,we see one instance that JESUS denies,or at least show no interest in granting this woman request:Jesus ignored her(verse 23),and adding insult to injury His disciple ask Jesus to send her away.And then came the coup de grace for the woman.In verse 24

Q3. (Matthew 7:7-8) Why is continual asking, seeking, and knocking so essential to our looking forward to the Kingdom? It keeps us in constant contact with God which is essential to our growth and hence to the furtherence of His kingdom within us

Why do we give up so easily? It is human nature. We expect instant results, especially in our modern instant gratification society. So we adopt the atitude if at first you don't succeed, give up. This is wrong. Jesus tells us that we must be persistant in our seeking and we will find.

How do we gain boldness and persistence in prayer? By reading and absorbing the words of Jesus on this and by experience.