JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Accountability and Judgment

• 2 months later...

Q4. How do you think Jesus will hold you personally accountable on Judgment Day for using your "talents"? If you begin to be more faithful from now on, how do you think that may affect his accounting on that Day?

From the time of the creation of mankind, each individual has been entrusted with resources of time and material wealth. Everything we have comes from God and belongs to Him. We are responsible for using those resources so that they increase in value. As Christians, we have additionally the most valuable resource of all

How do you think Jesus will hold you personally accountable on Judgment Day for using your "talents"?

I believe that He will hold me personally accountable as He would do all others. Those who say that they loved Him and those that loved Him. My prayer daily is that I love Him as He desires to be loved. I pray for forgiveness of sins that I know I committed and of the ones that I am not aware I committed. This may sound corny, yet it is true and the truth to my knowledge. This may as well be a statement of and out of ignorance, it is my desire to hear well done thy good and faithful servant, I'm not concerned about rewards, crowns and or what it will look like in the kingdom. My sole desire is that He will say well done.

As I live at present when I know that I have come short of giving Him glory it hurts, because I believe that I have hurt Him. It is my desire to live a witnessed life reflecting Christ as well as it is to witness. For some the only Jesus they will see in this life is of those who believe in and on Him.

If you begin to be more faithful from now on, how do you think that may affect his accounting on that Day?

I believe that while I have breath, while there still flows life in my body I have the opportunity to serve. As I serve according to His will, His purpose I am acknowledging my love for and towards Him. Being that He is Living, Loving and Just, my being faithful will be acknowledged justly and accordingly on that day.

I am so glad that Christ is not like man, when I genuinely repent, He genuinely forgives. He doesn't hold a grudge against me.

Q4. How do you think Jesus will hold you personally accountable on Judgment Day for using your "talents"?

I will give an account of my stewardship.

If you begin to be more faithful from now on, how do you think that may affect his accounting on that Day?

Early on, when I read the passage (I Cor. 3:12-14) about our works being tested by fire, and all that is done in the flesh will burn as wood, hay and stubble, and only what is done in obedience to Him will withstand the fire, I gave Him permission to do whatever was necessary in my life to insure that I don't come to Him "empty handed" with works of the flesh to be burned up, ashamed. I said "Lord, I don't want to stand before you that day with regrets that I can't undo."

He has been faithful to lead me and to teach and train me. I don't fear that accounting, because I have been faithful to obey Him to the best of my ability. I pray often that He will help me to fulfill the destiny He has planned for me. Will there be lapses? I don't know. Undoubtedly! But with His help and strength, I will endeavor to do all that He gives me to do, in His strength, to His glory. That prevents me from running off to be an "entrepreneur" to just "do works" of my own choosing, to get a check mark in the box. The beauty of trusting Him to lead and guide, is that I can REST in Him. I'm not a frantic or compulsive "DOER", led by guilt or fear! He never asks more than I can bear.

(I know that I am a sinner, saved by grace and that aspect is not in question "at that day"...my sin is all under the blood!) When my works are tested, He will give whatever reward He has stored up for me.

Q4. How do you think Jesus will hold you personally accountable on Judgment Day for using your “talents”? If you begin to be more faithful from now on, how do you think that may affect his accounting on that Day?

Only Jesus knows how He will hold me accountable on judgment day.It is His,and only His Judgment to make. I will continue to work to better serve Him and continually work to grow my faith, to seek His word. Most importantly to have a deep personal relationship with Him which I share with others through my actions and deeds. To work to glorify Him to all.My commitment to our Lord is firm!I pray everyday for Him to improve my fellowship skills and to help me be a better Steward. I will be a steward to Christ to the best of my ability and ask Him daily to help use the talents He has given me to further His Kingdom.My Mind and heart are always on Jesus! My greatest goal is to hear Him say Well Done,Good job.

And now, just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to follow him. Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him.

Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you

will overflow with thankfulness. - Colossians 2:6-8 New Living Translation (NLT)

Q4.

How do you think Jesus will hold you personally accountable on Judgment Day for using your "talents"?

Jesus knows our heart and our motives; He knows what we are capable of and our limitations. He is not there to judge us harshly, but by putting our faith in Him, and using the resources He gave us as best as we possibly can, we will one day hear Him say

Hard one for me to answer! Considering I'm one of those who "wasted" half my life! I can only say, I will be accountable for the use of my talents, but I also know I'm forgiven and every sin is erased....including my lack of using any gifts or talents before now. Praise be to Jesus who has saved me and who is my righteousness! I AM one of those workers who arrived late but get the same pay! I never fully grasped my purpose back then and didn't really take into account my rebelliousness. I can't take that all back. I just need to trust in HIM who saved me.

I only know....that my God knows me. Every hurt and every issue that affected me in my life and every wrong turn and every fall I've had, He saw with compassion. He truly does have amazing grace and He loved me WAY before I loved Him. I know He's mighty to save and I know I needed saved. I know He is mine and I am His and I may have had a late start....but I know I'll hear "Well done good and faithful servant" because I trusted Him, accepted Him, I loved Him and I turned and I became a worker in His Kingdom and it was all because of love. HIS love. I can never explain this love nor fully grasp it....but I stand on His mercy and salvation through Him. It's not EVER what I've done or how good I ever was. It's because of Him I'll receive mercy for those`wasted years.

Q4. How do you think Jesus will hold you personally accountable on Judgment Day for using your "talents"? When we keep His commandments and do well, we are blessed and have the right to the tree of Life. Yahushua said,

Q4 Every one of us will face our judge when we die there is no doubt about that.

When we face Jesus we will have to be accountable for all our deeds and through our

faith and obedience we hope to have our names written in the book of life.

God loves His faithful and obedience children and will reward them. The only reward

one hope is to enter into the Kingdom of God and live happily and peaceful together

with all the angels and saints and be united with our creator.

Q4. How do you think Jesus will hold you personally accountable on Judgment Day for using your "talents"? If you begin to be more faithful from now on, how do you think that may affect his accounting on that Day?

As I am thinking about this question and answer, I guess I can answer it with possibilities, human reasoning, what ifs, but really it comes down to the fact that I do not know the answer. Only God can answer that question because only He can judge me. The only thing I can do is to pray to God and do the things that He directs me. At the end, it will be by the grace of God and not by my works.

I don't think He'd be really happy with me. There is so much more I could have done for Him as well as right attitudes.

I know He knows my heart & I trust He will help me to continue to grow closer to Him & serve Him more perfectly....Looking forward to it!

These are some very practical aspects regarding ownership and operating in the Kingdom Economy. Because we are only stewards of what we have been given, we are accountable to the Lord for the proper use of His resources. We are responsible to Him for the use of not only His silver and His gold, but of our time, and all the elements of our life in the marketplace. Jesus illustrated this in the Parable of the Talents (Matthew 25:14-30).

We do not obtain forgiveness of our sins through our efforts

We will all be held accountable for how we used our talents on "that" day. I believe that if we try in great odds it is pleasing to God. After all it is His to accomplish. We need to be faithful and leave the success up to Him. I need to grow in my faith and to be more faithful in what He has given me and I believe that He rewards our continued or new efforts to live a life more pleasing to Him using what He has given us to glorify His Name on earth as it is in heaven.

God Bless!

Jen

Numbers 6:24-26