JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. The Pre-Tabernacle Tent of Meeting

• 2 weeks later...

Moses's meeting with God in pre-tabernacle times was very important. We need face to face contact for a period of time with our friends in order to know them as God knew Moses.

The tent of meeting was a designated place to meet with God one on one.

That intimacy should be growing. I pray that it will be able to increase more & more.

It could only better it.

Moses' pre-tabernacle "tent of meeting" is so important in Moses' ministry beacuse it was in the "tent of meeting" where the people inquired of the Lord and it is where Moses was speaking face-to-face or intimately with the Lord.

It called the "tent of meeting" because it was the place where Moses was having the meetings with the Lord; was speaking to the Lord face-to-face.

To spend longer periods of intimate time seeking God I need to avoid concentrating on uncessariy earthly needs.

This will definitely strengthen my ministry and experience the closeness to God.

Q4. (Exodus 33:7-11)

Why is Moses' pre-tabernacle "tent of meeting" so important in Moses' ministry?

Moses needed to have intimate contact with the Lord. He needed to spend this time alone with God - to receive further revelations from the Lord, and to intercede on behalf of the people.

Why is it called the "tent of meeting"?

This is where Moses met with God. Individuals could go to the tent if they wanted to seek the Lord. Only Moses entered and when he entered a pillar of cloud descended, indicating God

Q4. (Exodus 33:7-11) Why is Moses' pre-tabernacle "tent of meeting" so important in Moses' ministry?

This is where Moses set up his tent outside the camp so he could spend private, intimate time alone with God, away from distractions.... God's cloud of glory would descend at the door and the Lord would speak to Moses face to face. Moses was modeling to the people the necessity and the privilege of meeting with God.

Why is it called the "tent of meeting"?

Moses tent was where he met with God.

What would it take for you to spend longer periods of intimate time seeking God?

This is something I value greatly and have been spending more time with Him, alone, in the morning before the day starts in the special place where I have a cup of coffee, my Bible, a notebook and pen to write down what He says, etc.

How do you think this would affect your ministry?

It is amazing how that personal interaction is preparation for the day, both in terms of strength, wisdom, insight, His love being poured into me so that it can be poured out! When I get too busy, I lose out on all of that and it's time I can't get back....

Q4. (Exodus 33:7-11) Why is Moses' pre-tabernacle "tent of meeting" so important in Moses' ministry? Why is it called the "tent of meeting"? What would it take for you to spend longer periods of intimate time seeking God? How do you think this would affect your ministry?

Answer:

1. Why is Moses' pre-tabernacle "tent of meeting" so important in Moses' ministry?

It is important,for this is the place,it symblolizes the Presence of the Lord.It is important,to be still,and just listen to the Lord,to have fellowship with Him..What is important also is God's confirmation that indeed His presence is visible to the people.It is important that the People,also knows that God is indeed speaking with Moses,so that they themselves can follow.People in those days(even today)are so physical...in Natural realm...They want to see to believe..they want tangile things so that they can relate...

Without the Presence,confirmation from God that indeed He was present...their is no so called... ministry...

2Why is it called the "tent of meeting"?

It is where God meets Moses,where He speak to Moses intimately..face to face...

3. What would it take for you to spend longer periods of intimate time seeking God? How do you think this would affect your ministry?

When you are born again,...GOD SAYS HE WILL NEVER LEAVE NOR FORSAKE YOU...

SO THERE IS NO TIME,WHERE THE PRESENCE OF GOD IS ABSENT IN YOU....

GOD IS ALWAYS IN ME,I AM BORN AGAIN,AND I CONFESS GOD IS WITH ME,..BECAUSE OF WHAT JESUS HAS DONE IN THE CROSS,..HIS PRESENCE IS SEALED BY JESUS BLOOD..AND THAT IS HIS NEW COVENANT...

WE MAY FORGET,OR DISTANCE OUR SELF TO HIM...BUT WHEN YOU ARE COVERED BY JESUS BLOOD,YOU ARE NEVER WITHOUT GOD....

Rev 1:5-6- And from Jesus Christ , who is the faithful witness , and the first begotten of the dead , and the prince of the kings of the earth . Unto him that loved us , and washed us from our sins n his own blood , 6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father ; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever . Amen

Moses and the tent of meeting was important to his ministry because it was the place he met face to face with God. In it, he was in relationship with God. It was also a witness to the people of God. They saw him go into the tent and they saw the glory of God on Moses when he came out.

It is called the tent of meeting because that's what it was.....a place to meet with God.

What does it take for me to spend longer periods of time seeking God? I usually do seek Him often and every day, but some days, when I've been very busy for the day, I just have a sense of loss by the end of the day. I become restless until I take that time.... and every time.... I realize how much I missed just resting in Him or talking to Him or hearing from Him. I'm thankful for that feeling I get that says, "It's just not right without you God, every minute of every day. I'm in desperate need of You." I love the song I Need Thee Every Hourbecause it reflects so much truth.

My ministries are greatly affected without that constant abiding in Him.

For one, if I don't, the worldliness of living creeps in way to easily. I tend to be less prayerful about things and start walking by sight and not by faith. I can tend to feel alone (though it is I who would have left HIM) and I can get more frustrated.

When I am abiding, I can trust in Faith in any circumstance, I can keep going forward trusting He is in everything and I can just wait on Him. I receive more instruction in spiritual wisdom and accomplish more by the power of the Holy Spirit. I am a better witness to others that way.

Answering to Q.4:The tent of meeting is so important to Moses for it is the place where God and Moses intemately talk with each other about the matters concerned. After each consultation, Moses then tells the Israelites what God wants them to do.

It is the place where God and Moses meet each other outside the camp that Moses converses with and receives orders or advices from God.

I think I need to patiently strive harder to love Him more and to plead Him to reveal to me what and how He wants me to serve Him better each day.

I believe that this will yield me better work or projects and I may plan and/or execute my projects according to His Wills in the future, not mine.