JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Sealed with the Spirit

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q1. (2 Corinthians 1:21b-22) According to this verse, what does the presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives signify? How does the Spirit unite us with God? What is the promise of future blessing inherent in the Spirit’s presence?

According to this verse, the presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives signifies that we are Christ's. We areunited with Him, joint heirs with Him and as such sons of God. Thepresence of the Holy Spirit is our guarantee to eternal life.

Q1. (2 Corinthians 1:21b-22) According to this verse, what does the presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives signify? How does the Spirit unite us with God? What is the promise of future blessing inherent in the Spirit’s presence?

The presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives signify that we belong to Jesus Christ. God's Holy Spirit has been has been given to us as a seal of things to come.We have been established and anointed by the Holy Spirit for service unto God.The Holy Spirit comes to dwell in our hearts and unite us to God our Father. No man can come to the Father unless the Spirit draws him.We who belong to Christ are sealed in His Spirit until that glorious day of His return.

It means we are not alone, powerless, or double-minded. We belong to Christ. The Spirit is a part of the Trinity and keeps us united to God through Christ; He is our connecting point at all times. It is a forever relationship, the best is yet to come.

The presence of the Holy Spirit in the life of every believer is the evidence of genuine salvation/adoption by the Father. He brings the life and power of God into our previously deadened spirit. I like Pastor Ralph’s description of the Spirit as an “interface”, as that’s a great picture of how the Spirit connects us to God the Father. An interface is a point of interaction between two components, enabling communication between them while allowing independent function. In the simplest of terms, through the Spirit we have access to the Father and the Father communes with us.

The Spirit’s presence certifies and guarantees the fulfillment of every promise the Father has made to every soul who is in Christ. There are blessings of personal guidance, comfort, encouragement, etc. for our journey through this earthly life. And as joint heirs with Christ, we are guaranteed every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realm that the Father has endowed to Christ (Eph.1:3)! There are the ultimate eternal blessings of unending union with Christ and everlasting life without the presence or power of unrighteousness!

The presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives signifies that God has set His seal of ownership on us and has guaranteed us eternity with Him. The Spirit unites us with God with His presence in every moment of our lives helping direct us in the way God would have us go. The promise of future blessing in the Spirit's presence is eternal life.

1. We are established in Christ

2.We are set apart for His purpose

3. We are marked, sealed as belonging to Christ

4.We are guaranteed eternal life with the Holy Spirit as a deposit, down payment of what we are waiting for.

What an awesome God we serve.

Thank you Jesus!

God Bless!

Jen

Romans 15:13

The presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives signifies our adoption by God. Paul says He (The Spirit) is God’s “seal of ownership.” We are united with God as His children and He (The Spirit) is a promise of our Eternal inheritance as children of God. – Eph 1:14.

Q1. (2 Corinthians 1:21b-22) According to this verse, what does the presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives signify? This goes on further when you remember these first Christians had so much power through the indwelling of the Holy Ghost with God's seal, that is powerful, God just does not anoint anybody, you got to be called out and separate yourself from the world.

How does the Spirit unite us with God? Someone full of the Holy Ghost, will quickly become and sense others with the same spirit, i pray continually for more discernment in my own life, these days are full of false prophets and spirits

What is the promise of future blessing inherent in the Spirit’s presence? with the pure indwelling and real Holy Ghost leading your live your blessings are unlimited and the power likewise, you must bee full of the Holy Ghost to maintain a Godly Christian lifestyle.

Maranatha;

Brother Mike

While not exactly a seal of approval, this annointing of the HS is a sign that God is working on us and that he has chosen us. As a musician I have felt this annointing countless times when praising the Lord. It may be worth noting that I do not feel any such thing when playing Beatle's songs or Moon River so it is not just the music.

At the start of this year I received an extra dose of the HS and His presence is now with me even when I simply think about God. I remember saying, 'Why do I need this?' and within a few weeks both my work and health took a real bashing. It has been a great lesson, God does not takes us around the storm, He holds us right through it.

The Holy Spirit establishes us as belonging to God. Connecting us to Christ, united to God through His Son. The Holy Spirit is a seal of ownership. A seal that God OWNS US! The Holy Spirit blesses us through God and establishes that we are firmly founded in Christ. We are HIS! We are SEALED ( it is established-it is done),we are marked as belonging to HIM!

The Holy Spirit is also a down payment for our eternal salvation!! Through Him we establish a firm connection to Christ, we are established as His children and we are saved and guaranteed eternal life with Him in His Kingdom.

Through Jesus we are joined with God and that the Holy Spirit is the mark of God within us that we may be recognised at the time of conquouring death.

The presence of the Holy Spirit in our life signifies our consecrated and anointing with God as his. The Spirit unites us in this way by being a type of security deposit for everlasting life with the Father.

Q1. (2 Corinthians 1:21b-22) According to this verse,

what does the presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives signify?

That we belong to God and will receive completion of his promise.

How does the Spirit unite us with God?

It is the medium of the anointing (instead of physical oil), selecting us -- setting us apart -- to be His.

What is the promise of future blessing inherent in the Spirit’s presence?

It is the proof that his contract will be fulfilled -- in eternity. Just as a monetary deposit guarantees more to come on completion of a job, the spirit guarantees more to come. Guarantees.

Q1. (2 Corinthians 1:21b-22) According to this verse, what does the presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives signify? How does the Spirit unite us with God? What is the promise of future blessing inherent in the Spirit�s presence?It enables us to be/brings us into HOLINESS by consecration and anointing us..."GOD says we are holy because HE is HOLY"Our Faith is developed/increased by the Holy Spirit..."Without Faith it is IMPOSSIBLE to please GOD"He will ALWAYS be with us to lead and guide in this Christian walk which leads to SALVATION"

Answer:

1 According to this verse, what does the presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives signify?

That we are property of God…it testify that we are Sons of God..that we belong to God..(Romans 8:9- You, however, are not in  the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, this person does not belong to him.)

2.How does the Spirit unite us with God?

The Spirit and God are one.

3. What is the promise of future blessing inherent in the Spirit’s presence?

That we will know the TRUTH,for the Spirit will tell us about the Truth..and we will know the future..and will know all things.

John 16:13- Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

John 14: 26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

One of the purpose,or job of the HOLY SPIRIT IS TO GLORIFY JESUS ..WHEN WE ARE SO IN LOVE WITH JESUS,WHEN WE ARE SO THANKFUL TO JESUS TO HIS FAITH,TO HIS OBEDIENCE,TO HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS..it is not us glorifying but IT IS THE SPIRIT IN US….

John 16:14- He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall show it unto you.

The presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives signify that we are one in Christ.

How does the Spirit unite us with God? He bring grace into our lives in such a way that we could meet God's standard over a matter. He helps us to fulfil the will of God.

What is the promise of future blessing inherent in the Spirit’s presence? The Holy Spirit he will guide us in all truth

2 Corinthians 1:21-22 signifies that God has chosen us and has put His mark on us to show that we are His. He put His Holy Spirit in us to be a guarantee for all He has promised. He placed a seal of ownership on us and gave us a final "yes" as to our salvation and His promises.The Holy Spirit's presence in us, is our security and He helps us to stand firmly in our faith and through Him we know the truth.

1 John 2:20-23 says, "But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth. I do not write to you because you do not know the truth, but because you do know it and no lie comes from the truth. Who is the liar? It is the man that denies Jesus Christ. Such a man is the anti-christ - he denies the Father and the Son. No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also."

When we enter into relationship with Jesus as our Savior, we have fellowship with the Father. Those who have fellowship with the Father and the Son, receive the Holy Spirit and have fellowship with each other through their faith and their anointing and will receive the truth.

He annointed us, set his seal upon us and set his spirit within us. The Spirit unites us with God by living in us and guiding us and holding us accountable. The promise of future blessing is eternity

I believe having the Holy Spirit dwelling inside us gives us power to overcome temptation. He draws us near to God and allows us to communicate directly with God without having to go through a priest for atonement like in the Old testament.

With the Spirit's help, I can go through any troubles and know that I have the power to stand up in the face of that trouble and be the victor. Whatever comes my way.

I believe having the Holy Spirit dwelling inside us gives us power to overcome temptation. He draws us near to God and allows us to communicate directly with God without having to go through a priest for atonement like in the Old testament.

With the Spirit's help, I can go through any troubles and know that I have the power to stand up in the face of that trouble and be the victor. Whatever comes my way.

1.THE HOLY SPIRIT GUARANTEES THAT WE BELONG TO HIM AND THAT WE WILL RECEIVE SO MUCH MORE WHEN HE COMES BACK AGAIN.

2. WE BELONG TO HIM NOW . IT GIVES US COMFORT AND PEACE IN OUR TIME OF NEED.

THE HOLY SPIRIT GIVES US A FORETASTE OF WHAT IS TO COME.IT PROMISES US ETERNAL LIFE WITH OUR SAVIOUR. DO NOT BE ASHAMED TO TELL OTHERS WHO YOUR SAVIOR IS.

1.THE HOLY SPIRIT GUARANTEES THAT WE BELONG TO HIM AND THAT WE WILL RECEIVE SO MUCH MORE WHEN HE COMES BACK AGAIN.

2. WE BELONG TO HIM NOW . IT GIVES US COMFORT AND PEACE IN OUR TIME OF NEED.

THE HOLY SPIRIT GIVES US A FORETASTE OF WHAT IS TO COME.IT PROMISES US ETERNAL LIFE WITH OUR SAVIOUR. DO NOT BE ASHAMED TO TELL OTHERS WHO YOUR SAVIOR IS.