JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Changed by God's Presence

Q4. (2 Corinthians 3:18) Why is character change directly related to time deliberately spent in God’s presence? What is the theological word for the process of maturing in Christ? Have you noticed a change in the “degree of glory” you’re experiencing now compared to a few years ago? Why or why not?

• 1 month later...

Q4. (2 Corinthians 3:18) Why is character change directly related to time deliberately spent in God’s presence? What we think about, we become. For every minute we spend in God's presence, that minute is dominated by God.

What is the theological word for the process of maturing in Christ? "Metamorphosis." works for me.

Have you noticed a change in the “degree of glory” you’re experiencing now compared to a few years ago? Absolutely!

Why or why not? Years ago, I said I believed. I DID all of the right things. I expected my luke warm, checklist approach to validate me. Now, I live for the illumination I gain from studing, appyling, and faciliting His Word to others.

"Metamorphosis" is what is going on moment by moment, day by day. It is like peeling off wet clothes after a good work out; I am stronger but the clothes that brought me to the process must be changed into something different.

(2Corinthians 3:18) Why is character change directly related to time deliberately spent in God's presence ?

This change in character occurs in the life of a believer as often as he/she feed upon the living word of God , we saw in Moses each time he met with God there was always a glow on his face ,so the more the time we spend in God's presence ,the more we witness a character change or the more we be like him. So we ought to deliberately spend quality time with God that we may be transformed from glory to glory.

what is the theological word for the process of maturing in Christ?

metamorphosis ,or transformation .

Have noticed a change in the degree of glory you're experiencing compared to a few years ago?

Yes, I ve' noticed a great change in the degree of glory am experiencing in my life( 1) my life is transformed( 2) it's no longer a struggle to read and meditate on the word of God on a daily basis for me (3) am also enjoying a vibrant prayer life . And finally am a work in progress in Lord , God has not finishe with me .

Why or why not?

The reason is nothing but, the grace of God upon my life for the Lord has been so merciful to me to make me show forth His glory.

Spending time with God changes us!! His will becomes mine. I can see with His eyes of love. Transformation--changed by Christ. Yes, always changes occuring. I have gone through seasons of change. Each time I read the Bible through, more is revealed--more growth comes. Praise Him! Lord, Change Me!

Q4. (2 Corinthians 3:18) Why is character change directly related to time deliberately spent in God’s presence? What is the theological word for the process of maturing in Christ? Have you noticed a change in the “degree of glory” you’re experiencing now compared to a few years ago? Why or why not?

2 Cor 3:18-And we all, with unveiled faces reflecting the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another, which is from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

Answer:

1. Why is character change directly related to time deliberately spent in God’s presence?

When we are Born again,we are Totally transformed..that is our Spiritual Nature are totally changed..

2 Cor 5:17-So then, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; what is old has passed away – look, what is new has come!

In the Cross there is an exchange...OUR SINFUL NATURE..ABSORBED BY JESUS BODY AND HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS IMPUTED IN US...

As we daily go out there and live the Newness of our Life,the devil will try to unseat us,and push us out,with temptattion and sins...that will eventually lead us to be sin conscious,negating the blood of Jesus that washes us all our sinful nature..and in the process insult the Spirit of Grace.

Heb 10:29-How much greater punishment do you think that a person deserves who has contempt for the Son of God and profanes the blood of the covenant that made him holy,and insult the Spirit of grace?.

By renewing our mind daily,we reflect the glory of God in us...always telling us the wonderful work of Jesus in the Cross has accomplish everything,

2 What is the theological word for the process of maturing in Christ?

The process of Maturing in Christ is RENEWING OF THE MIND.

Romans 12;2-Do not be conformed to this present world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may test and approve what is the will of God – what is good and well-pleasing and perfect

Character change is directly related to time deliberately spent in God’s presence because His presence is the only thing that can cause spiritual change in the natural heart/mind. Romans 12:2 shows us that the only way to break from the natural mindset and understanding of this world is to renew the mind. This change comes for us by the inner ministry of the Holy Spirit as He guides our study and application of God’s transforming Word. Through this process He enables us to see as He sees, love as He loves, minister as He ministers. This constant development of renewal/ transformation/growth/maturing to the pure/holy character of Christ is called sanctification.

For all of us, the rate of change “from one degree of glory to another” fluctuates as we cycle through times of full commitment and relaxed or careless indifference. I do believe the Lord has called me into a fresh cycle of committed renewal and growing maturity in Christ.

Q4. (2 Corinthians 3:18) Why is character change directly related to time deliberately spent in God’s presence? I have spent a few hours reading and meditating on many subjects relating to what we are most involved in and where we spend most of our time, and it all kept coming back to what I put in my mind and let consume most of my time is what I am.

What is the theological word for the process of maturing in Christ? I don't know much about theology, but I do know that you have to continuously grow in Christ every day, if you don't you will soon become bored and lose all hope you ever had at being a maturing Christian. It is a continuously growing that keeps your enthusiasm on a peak level. Don't stop are you will die.

Have you noticed a change in the “degree of glory” you’re experiencing now compared to a few years ago? Why or why not? If I only had the time to tell you at where I use to be and where I am now, It would be hard for you to believe, but I have found the real secret at growing and letting my life bless others, you can read all the books you want and listen to great speakers, but it always comes back to two things (fasting and praying).

How can a seed be transformed into a plant, a tree even, without sunlight, nutrients and water? How can flour, butter, eggs and flour be transformed into a cake without a hot oven? Its the same thing, the essential force that transforms our character is the presence of God. It is a gradual process and will only move as long as we seek His presence in scripture, prayer etc. We stop, transformation stops and will only resume when we resume. Its as simple as that!

Q4. (2 Corinthians 3:18)

Why is character change directly related to time deliberately spent in God’s presence?

What is the theological word for the process of maturing in Christ?

Have you noticed a change in the “degree of glory” you’re experiencing now compared to a few years ago?

Why or why not?

The more time we spend in His presence the more we reflect His glory. This is a process and is dependent on the time we spend in Scripture reading and meditation, prayer, worship, witnessing, Christian fellowship, and self-discipline. The theological word is sanctification. We must actively strive to obey God, and be careful not to back-slide through laziness. However, we must be careful not to rely on ourselves only; this can make us proud and arrogant. We must put our trust in Jesus and yield to Him; He is to be in and before all we do.

Turn your eyes upon Jesus;

Look full in His wonderful face;

And the things of earth will grow strangely dim

In the light of His glory and grace.

Thankfully, compared to a few years ago the Lord has changed me. My wife and family have told me they notice a difference and I am forever grateful to my Heavenly Father for the love and patience He has shown me over the years. But I know the Lord has still a lot of work to be done on me.

Character change is directly related to time spent in God's presence because we "reflect" who He is. We absorb His character and become more like Him. For example, the moon, without the Sun, can't shine bright. The moon reflects the sun. So we too, reflect God's glory. The more time we spend in His presence or reflecting on His truths, the more light we absorb. The same way in the world, whoever we spend time with, whoever or whatever we really believe, usually has an influence on how we act. Light and darkness can't abide together. They have nothing in common. Light chases away darkness, so we do well to come to the light and sit in the light so we can be of the light.

The theological word for maturing in Christ is sanctification.

Have I noticed change? Yes and I always hope to! Compared to 10 years go, I'm a completely different person! I was in darkness then! 5 years ago, I was very unsure, still depending a lot on man for answers and grasping at things that couldn't heal me or fill me though I had come to the light and was learning from His Word and was changing by the power of the Holy Spirit. Today, I'm still a work in progress, but I love to sit at His feet and I'm learning all kinds of new levels of trust in God who I have come to know as compassionate, loving, just, sovereign and FAITHFUL! My life and my purposes today are so different than before and my responses to listen to God for change in my life are much quicker. He is TRUSTWORTHY! I have SO much more JOY, even in the hard times and I have REST. How I wanted rest 10 years ago!

I wrote lyrics to a song way back then when I struggled with addictions, anxiety and fear. Today, I can say He has been faithful to heal so much of my pain and I look forward to continue to walk with Him hand in hand.

Part of my song is this:

Sweet Jesus, sweetest of them all,

Why me to save from sin and fall?

With humbleness and eyes cast down,

at your feet, I lay my crowns.

Beautiful, beautiful Jesus,

I long for you with all my soul.

Beautiful, beautiful Jesus,

You have comforted and made me whole.

2 Corinthians 3:18) Why is character change directly related to time deliberately spent in God’s presence? What is the theological word for the process of maturing in Christ? Have you noticed a change in the “degree of glory” you’re experiencing now compared to a few years ago? Why or why not?

This topic is very timely for me (confirming God's plan iun my life, to be doing this at this exact moment). I oculd try to use this moment to 'stay permanently connected' but what about when my boss stops by and ask me to do some work? Well I know God will help me do it, if I keep close to Him.

What about later today? He said, "Be Still and know that I am God, ... I will be exaulted... in heaven and on earth..."

So it is a good idea to be still, and let Him run the show, the moments. They can be thrilling and pleasing to Him.

God is like the American Express card commercial:

Don't leave home without HIM!

A dear friend told me, stay with HIM, it just gets better....... and she is right,....... and there is no limit to better.

Praise GOD!

4. (2 Corinthians 3:18) Why is character change directly related to time deliberately spent in God’s presence? What is the theological word for the process of maturing in Christ? Have you noticed a change in the “degree of glory” you’re experiencing now compared to a few years ago? Why or why not?

Character change is directly related to time spent in God's presence because you can't be in His presence and remain the same. Remember Moses after experiensing the presence of God, the bible declare that his face shone like the sun. The more time you spend in His presence , the more of the glory you see and become.

The theological term for changing in his presence is called the process of transformation.

Yes there is significant change in my life when compared to years past. All glory to God

Q4. (2 Corinthians 3:18) Why is character change directly related to time deliberately spent in God's presence?

Spending time with God it will definitly change you. You will be whole again.

Transformation

Have you noticed a change in the "degree of glory" you're experiencing now compared to a few years ago? Why or why not?

Yes: I have been living in sin , I did'nt want to grow holding on the things of this world.Right now i am trusting God

Q4. (2 Corinthians 3:18) Why is character change directly related to time deliberately spent in God’s presence?

As you read, study and begin to understand the greatness, glory of God, He begins to work in you, in your heart, changing you and your outlook on life. Changing the bad things we think and do to more Christlike acts and thoughts

What is the theological word for the process of maturing in Christ?We become sanctified, redeemed.

Have you noticed a change in the “degree of glory” you’re experiencing now compared to a few years ago? Oh yes. God is working within me. I spend more time in prayer, telling others about Him, working for Him

Why or why not? I am finally accepting the fact that God loves me. Really loves me. I haven't, can't, EARN this love, no matter how I try, but must accept it as a gift, this wonderful love of God

As we spend time beholding the face of God through meditation in His word and worship, His spirit transforms us from one measure to another, we then contnue to be like Him in holiness and character.

The theological word for the process of of maturity that makes us to be moreand more like him is called sanctification or transformation.

Absolutely I spend more time in my fellowship with God, more time in fellowship with others and I am stronger in the Lord than before. Consequently my character and holines is positvely being built up.

Q4. (2 Corinthians 3:18)

Why is character change directly related to time deliberately spent in God's presence?

Characteer change is directly related to time delbelately spent in God's presence because during that time we tend to underastand God intimately and know what He want us to do and be. This then enables us to change our behaviour and deed and conduct ourselves according to the Word of God.

Metamorphosis

Have you noticed a change in the "degree of glory" you're experiencing now compared to a few years ago? Why or why not?

Yes. It is because of the more time I dedicate to medidate with God.

God doesn't have character flaws, we do, so the more time we spend with the one who is holy, sinless, perfect love the more we change and become like Him.

The theological word is sanctification.

I haven't noticed but it is there. There is so much going on with my own immediate problems that I don't take or am unable to take time most days to reflect on what the Lord is doing for and with me. But He is of that I am sure.

God Bless!

Jen

Romans 15:13

Remember to pray for one another. We are God's family!

As we spend time in God's presence, the Spirit gently begins to mold us and change us into the likeness of Jesus. The more time we spend there, the faster the change occurs. This process of maturing is called sanctification. I am continually changing and do notice it! God is doing a marvelous work in me because I want Him to change me and I live for that change. I want to be more like Jesus!

Q4. (2 Corinthians 3:18) Why is character change directly related to time deliberately spent in God’s presence?

I had to chuckle when I first read this question, because of an old adage I've heard and SEEN...that after a number of years, people begin to resemble their dogs! If it's true that just spending time with a pet can affect that change, then the Word's promise that we are transformed as we spend time in His presence is even more true and powerful! The flesh which reigns until we accept Christ, begins to lose its' "stranglehold" as we are strengthened in our spirit-man in the Lord's presence in prayer, His Word, worship, and fellowship. The flesh gradually becomes subject to the Spirit of God in us. Our character changes and our desire for things of this world begins more and more to fade...we want what He wants and we want to be more like Him.

Transformation ( a Metamorphosis...as from a "caterpillar" flesh man, into a butterfly...a man/woman/child who reflects the glory of God. A new creation changed from glory to glory.

Have you noticed a change in the “degree of glory” you’re experiencing now compared to a few years ago? Why or why not?

Yes I have, praise God! How sad I would be to have to say No to that question and to ask "Have these years been a waste of time?" But thanks be to God who draws me to Himself daily, and Who loves me enough to allow the trials which have helped to crucify my flesh, I see change in every area of my life. My faith has grown as I've been tested and tried (and which I know will continue until "that day" when I meet Him face to face). The things of this world which consumed my thoughts for years (house, car, clothes, travel, reputation, appearance, pleasure) have diminished. (Losing the house we owned, sharing one old car between the two of us, having no ability to travel, growing older, having the reputation of a nut-case for believing God's promises and looking like failures because of the loss of our business, etc. are all flesh "crucifiers". I praise God for each one, as I've found my total reliance upon Him, my pleasure is in knowing Him. The "form" or "fluff" which held me captive early on, has been replaced with the "substance" of walking with and living in and for Jesus.

This says it all for me: "Those who are broken in wealth, and broken in self-will and broken in their ambitions, and broken in their beautiful ideals, and broken in worldly reputation, and broken in their affections, and broken oft times in their health; those who are despised and seem utterly forlorn and helpless, the Holy Ghost is seizing upon and using for God's glory. The lame take the prey, Isaiah tells us." (Streams in the desert, vol 1, Oct 13, Cowman"

If being stripped of all and broken is the price to be used, then praise be to God, for I want to be used of Him!

The more we spend time with God and in his word the more we take on a likeness of him, metamorphosing. I noticed a change at the beginning only because it was such a change in my eyes. Now I believe it is by degree and it may not be as noticeable now as it was but I'm still changing

Time spent in God's presence changes us, because how could we not be changed when we deliberately dwell in his presence?

I think the word is metamorphosis.

I don't know that I've noticed a change in the "degree of glory" but I have matured and certainly grown in wisdom.

Q4. (2 Corinthians 3:18) Why is character change directly related to time deliberately spent in God's presence?

When we love someone and get to spend time with that person, we became fond of that person and adapt to their

character. Therefore, it is like spending more time with GOD and He helps change our attitude and our ways of living to

correct and humble under His guidance.

What is the theological word for the process of maturing in Christ? Born again.

Have you noticed a change in the "degree of glory" you're experiencing now compared to a few years ago?

Praying and reading scripture really helps. What I know of GOD now is more than what I know before. When we

are born again and accept Christ, the glory begins. And we have to praise GOD daily for His glory.

Why or why not? It is a must that we do this daily so the glory of GOD can be realized in us and in others.

Q4. (2 Corinthians 3:18) Why is character change directly related to time deliberately spent in God’s presence? What is the theological word for the process of maturing in Christ? Have you noticed a change in the “degree of glory” you’re experiencing now compared to a few years ago? Why or why not?Because as 1 grows in CHRIST you become a"NEW"Creature-you dont walk the way you use to walk or talk the way you use to talk...Sanctification...Yes because of the trials GOD has allowed me to go through,i have grown closer to CHRIST becoming more in touch with JESUS Spirit and less with my flesh...GOD BLESS

We whose faces go before Adonai unveiled, reflect a character that is changed, our character reflects to the world, the glory of the LORD, open hearts that are yielding to the leading of the Spirit, no longer does our character reflect stony hearts, clouded with sin, our character reflects time well spent with God, that of sincerity, obedience and faith; Our time spent in God's presence is why we are able to see in the mirror, the glory of Adonai, we have yielded to the Spirits leading, a new life is given, our character is being changed to what we are predestined to be, a righteous people, look into the mirror, we should see clearly the metamorphous of being transformed into the likeness of God, that of His holiness, His glory, reflecting to the world, we have spent time in God's presence, thanks to the Messiah, for it is He who tore the veil and reconciled us to God.

Maturing in Christ is the process of being changed theologically from the sin that held us in its grip, to the process of saying no to sins grip, and in its theological metamorphous is the image of Christ, that of holiness. :)