JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Ministry Ethics

• 1 month later...

Q1. (2 Corinthians 4:1-2)

How do questionable ethics and ministry practices hurt the work of Christ?

What is Paul’s alternative in verse 2b?

Every time we add or take away something from the gospel we weaken its power. We see this when people try to make the gospel more acceptable and support worldly values that conflict with the Christian life. A lot of the prosperity teachings we hear so often today is nothing but a form of religious materialism. We have to be able to discern the truth from a lot of false teachings that is prevalent today, as they not only harm our faith but also the work of Christ. Paul states that the word of God must be told truthfully. All must be clear, honest, and sincere, with no deception. We must also try and live the Word in our lives for all to see.

Questionable ehtics and ministry can hurt the work of Christ because they distort the truth and lead believers away from the faith.

Paul on the otherhand speaks only the truth and declares that God is his witness. he added that people will believe him

Q1. (2 Corinthians 4:1-2) How do questionable ethics and ministry practices hurt the work of Christ? What is Paul’s alternative in verse 2b?

Poor ethics reflects poorly on our Saviour Jesus Christ, it oftens makes the person of unethical principles feel important but it destroys ones testimony to the unbelievers.

(2 Corinthians 4:1-2) How do questionable ethics and ministry practices hurt the work of Christ? It literally crucifies it. It makes one question all things spiritual. It makes one question the judgment of the leader. It makes one wonder when we should be praising. It is simply irresponsible.

What is Paul's alternative in verse 2b? Let God handle it. Eventually, one gets to this reality. There is only one way to reveal a pig in the mud and that is to get like him. It is God's through the Holy Spirit who must handle such brazen behaviour.

Questionable ethics and ministry practices violate the purity and truth of the work of Christ. They misrepresent God’s Word, which is the only power to save (Rom.1:16). They defame and steal from glory that only belongs to God. When they are ultimately proven false and perverted, people who trusted them are wounded and doubt often overshadows faith. The only alternative presented by Paul is “the open statement of truth” (ESV) – unashamed, uncompromising, and unwavering.

Q1. (2 Corinthians 4:1-2) How do questionable ethics and ministry practices hurt the work of Christ?

If it's not real, it won't last. If a preacher distorts the truth to win converts or manipulates people the end result will be that people's faith will be lost or damaged.

I used to attend mainly conservative reformed type churches but I have been to a few Pentecostal type churches. At one where I was attending every Sunday evening a "prophet" was the guest preacher. He invited people to come forward to receive a word from The Lord. I went out. As he laid his hands on me I felt something make me weak at the knees but wasn't sure what was happening. He sensed that and told me very quietly: "Not yet brother". I felt the strength return to my legs and I didn't fall. I realized they expected me to go down so I faked it. I've never felt the "slain in the Spirit" experience in my life. Don't know why. The churches I attended had something like a 90% turnover in parishioners in any given two year period. That seems ridiculously high to me. Could it have been that they were using questionable methods? Similar to what Paul is writing to combat here? My head, gut and heart say yes.

To renounce secret and shameful ways, not to deceive, and not to distort the word of God. Speak plainly and honestly. The Holy Spirit will take care of the rest.

Questionable ethics & ministry tactics confuse the non-believers/searchers. It is a poor role model. Ministers are directlly answerable to God & it will eventually ruin their own ministries. It is dangerous to add or subtract from the Word.

Q1. (2 Corinthians 4:1-2) How do questionable ethics and ministry practices hurt the work of Christ? What is Paul’s alternative in verse 2b?

This is a HUGE (and embarrassing) problem! I grieve for those who have walked away from Jesus because of the smarmy, false, manipulative, condescending... whatever... behavior of church leaders and teachers. These people make Satan rejoice.

I am so glad that my own experience has been only and always among ethical, thoughtful, questioning, open, helpful leaders. Had it been otherwise, I too might have walked away -- or ran -- not being wise enough to know that a bad church leader isn't proof of "no God" but is proof of "people are fallen". I think I would do that now, but certainly not when I was first seeking. If I'd run across "shameful ways", "deception" and "distortion" I would have been out of there.

Of course, the alternative is as Paul says to "set forth the truth plainly".

Q1. (2 Corinthians 4:1-2)

How do questionable ethics and ministry practices hurt the work of Christ?

Questionable ethics and ministry practices hurt the work of Christ by making people loose faith in Christ. When the people realise the shameful, deceptive and distorting practices done by some so called servants of God, they decide to turn back from the work of Christ.

What is Paul's alternative in verse 2b?

Paul's alternative in verse 2b is that, ministers should minister as they are called to do, without any deception and let the Holy Spirit work in the people's conscience so that they can accept and live the truth.

Q1. (2 Corinthians 4:1-2) How do questionable ethics and ministry practices hurt the work of Christ?

People they loose their faith. our calling is an indivisual call 1John 3 v7 Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. Let us know the word of God and be the doers of the word.

We don't twist God's Word to suit ourselves.

Answer:

1.A minister represent Jesus and His finished work in the Cross.

A minister cannot preach the Goodness of God, the Gospel of Jesus Christ, while living and

setting a bad example, or questionable lifestyle…

There is no complete work other than what Jesus has accomplished in the cross.If we distort this

message,by adding something to the finished work of Jesus then we distort the Gospel..and it is not the Gospel of Jesus Christ anymore.

JESUS + SOMETHING = NOTHING

JESUS + NOTHING = EVERYTHING.

2. What is Paul’s alternative in verse 2b?

To speak the TRUTH…and what is the TRUTH….

Jesus said…IAM THE WAY,THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE.NO ONE GOES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THROUGH ME-John 14:6

Questionable ethics and ministry can and will lead people away from Christ. Paul's alternative is to be clean, open and honest and trust the Holy Spirit to speak to peoples consciences.

When you are not sure of a topic, don't preach it or tell others. Questionable ethics and ministry practices can really hurt the work of Christ when we are not even sure and confident of what our message is about. We try to act smart like know what we are talking about, but we are not living it. We go to church daily and carry our Bible and have devotions with our fellow Christians, but in actuality, we are not part of them. When we are spoken to about the Bible, we defend ourselves by pretending to know about the subject or topic. When we are unsure of what we should be talking about, we can ended up lying which is opposite of what God wants us to do.

What is Paul's alternative in verse 2b? State the truth openly (amplified Bible).

Questionable ethics and ministry practices reflect poorly on Christ, and are the cause of distrust and disillusionment in "sheep". After a well known televangelist and his wife were found to be corrupt, a woman with whom I was sharing Christ, said "Oh no...I'm done with Christianity! I gave money to "them" and watched them every day...now I don't trust any "Christian". It broke my heart to hear those words.

Paul said that servants of Christ should be tested and found faithful, proving themselves worthy of trust. Power can corrupt even the best of men and women. To be tested and tried before being given lots of authority is a good thing for the body of Christ as well as for the one being tested!

"State the truth openly, clearly and candidly and in so doing, commend oneself in the sight and presence of God to every man's conscience
."

Questionable ethics and ministry practices reflect poorly on Christ, and are the cause of distrust and disillusionment in "sheep". After a well known televangelist and his wife were found to be corrupt, a woman with whom I was sharing Christ, said "Oh no...I'm done with Christianity! I gave money to "them" and watched them every day...now I don't trust any "Christian". It broke my heart to hear those words.

Paul said that servants of Christ should be tested and found faithful, proving themselves worthy of trust. Power can corrupt even the best of men and women. To be tested and tried before being given lots of authority is a good thing for the body of Christ and a good thing for the one to be tested first.

State the truth openly, clearly, and candidly and in so doing commend oneself in the sight and presence of God to every man's conscience.

Anytime someone causes disgrace upon God's work the person at fault makes it harder on true Saints of God. The after effect sometimes will take a church down, my God, have mercy on these wolves in sheeps clothing, Christ warned use about this in the 0livet Discourse. The Rapture could be at any moment. The last of the last is upon us, look at the signs can anyone argue that point,Christ said, don't worry about the time, watch the signs, the Bible has not missing one thins that was prophecied thousands of years ago. I pray come quickly Lord.

What is Paul’s alternative in verse 2b2 Corinthians 4:2 (KJV)

2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.

This is where Santification will ***** your conscience, that is why a true prayer life has to be part of our lives, it cannot be otherwise. Sanctification will call you out. You have to have a truthful walk of life about you, not a closet full of skeltons.

Q1. (2 Corinthians 4:1-2) How do questionable ethics and ministry practices hurt the work of Christ? What is Paul’s alternative in verse 2b?Jesus says "that the healthy are not in need of a physician but the sick"When the non-believers who most of the time will acknowledge their sickness see believers who wear their piety doing/acting in the same sickness then they validate their reasons for not belonging to the BODY of CHRIST...To always keep TRUTH in ministry...GOD BLESS

Q1. (2 Corinthians 4:1-2) How do questionable ethics and ministry practices hurt the work of Christ? Others see the actions of our leaders, teachers, pastors, and are affected by these actions. If a pastor etc acts deceptively or in a shameful manner, it lessens or does away with his credibility. He can't minister effectively if he isn't right with God.

What is Paul’s alternative in verse 2b? Paul is determined to speak openly, clearly, and honestly. He refuses to reduce Gods message by using shameful dishonest practices to impress others. Thank you pastor Wilson for showing me how my distrust in some of my past pastors has weakened me.

People are watching us to see if we are genuine and when we are not we give the work of Christ a bad name. The manifestation of the truth commends us to peoples consciences.

When we accept Jesus Christ as our personal Saviour, we have an obligation to tell the truth all the time. God has given us humans the Ten Commandments. And it is our responsibility to abide by God's standard of living. When the Holy Spirit resides in each believer with faith in Christ, the result is eminent. We glow for the people to see the glory of God. We must tell the truth all the time and be honest not only with ourselves but with our Christian brothers and sisters. After all, we are God's ambassador's here on earth. Our walk shall be in-line with our faith so people can see the glory of God in each faithful believer. The Bible is our guideline and standard and Jesus Christ is our personal Saviour.

God has a plan for each and everyone of us who are faithful in Christ. If we feel that we are being deceitful and our walk of faith is not in-line with God's standards, we need to repent and change and follow Jesus Christ. Pray to Him daily so that our walk, our actions, our thoughts, our language, and our lives would glorify our Master who will soon arrived according to His promise for the second coming.

When we accept Jesus Christ as our personal Saviour, we have an obligation to tell the truth all the time. God has given us humans the Ten Commandments. And it is our responsibility to abide by God's standard of living. When the Holy Spirit resides in each believer with faith in Christ, the result is eminent. We glow for the people to see the glory of God. We must tell the truth all the time and be honest not only with ourselves but with our Christian brothers and sisters. After all, we are God's ambassador's here on earth. Our walk shall be in-line with our faith so people can see the glory of God in each faithful believer. The Bible is our guideline and standard and Jesus Christ is our personal Saviour.

God has a plan for each and everyone of us who are faithful in Christ. If we feel that we are being deceitful and our walk of faith is not in-line with God's standards, we need to repent and change and follow Jesus Christ. Pray to Him daily so that our walk, our actions, our thoughts, our language, and our lives would glorify our Master who will soon arrived according to His promise for the second coming.

Q1. (2 Corinthians 4:1-2) How do questionable ethics and ministry practices hurt the work of Christ? What is Paul's alternative in verse 2b?

It is no longer the work of the Spirit but of man. It is phoney. It turns people off of the greatness of our God and focuses on the phoneyness of man.

Set forth the truth and let the Spirit work at will.

God Bless!

Jen

Romans 15:13