JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Warning about Carnal Living

• 1 month later...

Q4. (5:21) Why do some Christians resist accepting Paul's warning in 5:21 and 1 Corinthians 6:9-11? What statement might these Christians desire to substitute for Paul's warning if they could reword the Scripture?

Some Christians resist accepting Paul's warning in Galatians 5:21 and 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 because they chose to believe they can live as they please and by the GRACE of God be accepted by God. These Christians, if they could reword the Scripture for a substitute to Paul's warning would probably say, "for by grace are you saved and by grace alone you will enter into God's holy rest (Heaven).

Q4. (5:21) Why do some Christians resist accepting Paul’s warning in 5:21 and 1 Corinthians 6:9-11? What statement might these Christians desire to substitute for Paul’s warning if they could reword the Scripture?

They don't want to fully give ourselves to God they continue to follow the law, but not God's laws and grace. we have confused "justification by works of the law" to mean that we can sin on and on and still be saved. It is very true that we cannot be saved by being good -- because there's no way we can be good enough to reach God's high standard. But if we have a cavalier attitude towards sinning, what does that say about our so-called faith and allegiance to Jesus?

Paul's concern "is to warn believers that they must therefore not live as others who are destined to experience the wrath of God" (Colossians 3:6).If we're serious about following Christ, we need to repent of our sins and begin a pattern and practice of yielding to the Holy Spirit. Yes, we'll slip now and then. But that doesn't mean that we can't walk consistently in the Spirit. You can't credibly say you're a follower of Jesus when you sin with impunity -- that's hypocrisy!

For some, the idea of living a life in the Spirit is a tall order. It is a challenge some do not want to accept. They fear boredom, they fear

what the Spirit may actually lead them to do. Some Christians are quick to accept Christ as Lord and quick to love Him. But are not so

quick to give up the things of the flesh they may find joyful. It's a work in progress. They may not necessarily be resisting.. it may just be a

more difficult process.

I believe if they could reword the Scripture, it would just state that you have faith and love and freedom. They would probably just omit

Paul's verses all together.

Q4. (5:21) Why do some Christians resist accepting Paul's warning in 5:21 and

1 Corinthians 6:9-11? The believe that God is their buddy. They wink at God and think the are the exception.

What statement might these Christians desire to substitute for Paul's warning if they could reword the Scripture?

"Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God." (1 Corinthians 6:9-11)

The would make "wicked" a "situational" condition that excludes them.

Q4. (5:21) Why do some Christians resist accepting Paul’s warning in 5:21 and 1 Corinthians 6:9-11? What statement might these Christians desire to substitute for Paul’s warning if they could reword the Scripture?

(Justification by works of the law) GRACE

They resist Paul's warning because they think Jesus has accepted them and they're safe from the fire!

"Those who live like that will be forgiven and are going to heaven. No problem!"

Q4. (5:21) Why do some Christians resist accepting Paul's warning in 5:21 and 1 Corinthians 6:9-11?

The reason a Christian would resist Paul’s warning is because they believe that “FAITH” requires no obedience to God’s laws.

Their FAITH was established in the mind and not in the heart; their resistance to the warning shows they do not “FEAR GOD”, nor do they have the heart’s desire to follow the Spirits leading them to walk in God’s laws of righteousness.

Their mind tells them, God is not serious about sin, He will not hold against them something man is not able to do, so they continue to follow what the mind tells them, as they continue to walk in the desires of the carnal heart.

For the Christian whose FAITH is established in the heart that has been touched by God, they are the ones who take the warning seriously, for they understand the hearts cry of the Psalmist in 119 = Blessed are the undefiled who walk in the law of the LORD, those that keep His testimonies and seek Him with their whole heart, they do not desire iniquity, for they walk in God’s ways.

God has commanded that we diligently keep His precepts with our whole heart, it is because of FAITH that we will try, we do not want to wander from His commandments, we will hide them in our hearts, for we do not want to sin against Him.

We will give thanks for the Holy Spirit, for we have Him to lead the way and He will help us not to wander from them, we understand what Christ, the root and offspring of David, the bright and morning star tells us in Revelation 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city, for without are dogs, and sorcerers, whoremongers, murderers, idolaters, and those who love and make a lie. = Psalm 119:163 I hate and abhor lying: but thy law do I love. Thanks to Calvary. :)

Some Christians resist accepting Paul's warnings because they prefer the "easy" way to Heaven. They like to stay on the milk and don't move on to the meat of instruction. They want to say they love Jesus....but when they have opportunity to LIVE that love....they don't. It's too hard. It's a sacrifice. They don't want to give up sin. They say they are saved so God "has" to forgive them. They cheapen the cross and the horror of it and what was truly done for them. It's a deception that we can live with one foot in the world and another in the Spirit. Yes, it is a sanctification process and those truly seeking to be refined still sin UNTIL they see their sin! After that....it's a change of heart for those who really FOLLOW Jesus! Why? Because we hate sin and don't desire to sin and we are sorrowful over our sins against God and the sin that nailed Jesus to the cross. Our beloved friend and bridegroom who did that for us! That hurts our hearts....and we change!

As for re-wording scripture here or any other place.....they re-word and take out anything that is their responsibility in the instruction. I've heard so many incomplete verses quoted by people for their own benefit...it's sad.

Q4. (Gal 5:21)

Why do some Christians resist accepting Paul's warning in 5:21 and 1 Corinthians 6:9-11?

What statement might these Christians desire to substitute for Paul's warning if they could reword the Scripture?

At times it is difficult to distinguish between a Christian and an unbeliever. This is especially true when the Christian allows themselves to be controlled by their sin nature. If this occurs very often then I doubt if they had ever been born again. Because if this was the case they would be controlled by the Holy Spirit and would be living a life honouring Christ. They may slip now and then, but otherwise they will start exhibiting more and more fruit of the Spirit. We will do well to head Christ’s warning in Matthew 7:21, ‘21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.’ These Christians would prefer to hear Ephesians 1:7, In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace’, than Paul’s warning in Galatians 5:21.

Because they have chose to live for themselves and not for Christ.

Perhaps they would add on to verse 11, unless you believe on Christ.

Too bad they don't think more about what it means to believe on Christ - that He took our sins, so we should not be comfortable with them.

Why do some Christians resist accepting Paul's warning in 5:21 and 1st Corinthians 6:9-11?

Those that resist, that do not adhere to these warning are not adhering to the leading of the Holy Spirit. They follow the leading of their flesh and their emotions. Some of these sins are entanglements whereby after the individual moved from being tempted to sinning they became addicted. Those who commit these sins, those who disdained the guidance that Paul gave intentionally or unintentionally followed their feelings / emotions alone, they did not follow the leading of the Holy Spirit.

Don't intentionally envy, murders, get drunk, revel, and such like, that they which do such things intentionally may not inherit the kingdom of God. I really don't know how to answer this question, for when I have fallen, I wasn't thinking about God's grace, I was thinking about the act that I was desiring to commit, I place Self first. Afterward when guilt set in I in time repented. In a sense I imitated Adam and Eve, attempting to do the impossible, hide from God. I thank God for His grace, and His mercy, it is never my intention to take neither for granted. As I came to myself I told Him that I was thankful for His grace, for giving me an opportunity be back in relationship, fellowship with Him. I thanked Him for His forgiveness and His mercy.

I really don't know how to answer this question, if they desired to substitute the warning if they were to reword the Scripture. I suppose if they were not striving to be in genuine fellowship with the Lord, if they desired to continue to follow their own feeling, They may a statement, "We're only human, we make mistakes, we're trying."

4. (5:21) Why do some Christians resist accepting Paul’s warning in 5:21 and 1 Corinthians 6:9-11?

Because he was telling only the truth.

What statement might these Christians desire to substitute for Paul’s warning if they could reword the Scripture?

They will inherit the Kingdom with their deeds

The spirit and flesh have different appetites.Paul is not denying that there is victory but is pointing out that we cannot win victory in our own strength.The solution is not to pit our will against the flesh but to surrender our will to the Holy Spirit

In Galatians 5-21. They might want to substitute the phase "do not yield to the desires of the flesh". The desires of the flesh can seem very alluring and insidious and take over before one realizes that they are being besieged by evil doing.

In 1 Corinthians 6-11. I think some of us would substitute "will inherit the Kingdom of Heaven"-as opposed to "will NOT inherit the Kingdom of Heaven". They do not want to recognize sin within themselves. So they don't want to think of any repercussions because of their sin.

Q4. (5:21)

Why do some Christians resist accepting Paul's warning in 5:21 and 1 Corinthians 6:9-11?

Some Christians resist accepting Paul's warning in 5:21 and 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 because they believe that they will be saved by being good forgeting that, being only good in being under the work of the law and not the Spirit.

If they could reword the Scripture, the statement that these Christians might desire to substitute for Paul's warning is that concerning the inheritance of the Kingdom of God by writing that, those who commit the listed vices will still inherit the Kingdom of God.

Q4. (5:21) Why do some Christians resist accepting Paul’s warning in 5:21 and 1 Corinthians 6:9-11?

The only reasons I can think of, are Ignorance (of God's word and His love for them), a hard wounded, "encrusted" heart (not allowing Him to work in their lives because they've learned that they can't trust ANYONE and try to live by their own rules and strength), unbelief (perhaps they accepted the Lord's gift of Salvation, but only as "fire insurance" in case it turns out to be true that hell is a real place after they die), No Holy fear"..or reverence and respect for God that is due Him (casual familiarity with a "Santa Claus" God who is love but not just)

What statement might these Christians desire to substitute for Paul’s warning if they could reword the Scripture?

I have no idea....I just thank the Lord that His justice is tempered with mercy and grace....and that if one is truly born again, that the Lord will persevere and work in them until one day they yield to His love and grace. (Charles Spurgeon said "I bear my willing witness that I owe more to the fire, the hammer, and the file, than to anything in my Lord's workshop. I sometimes question whether I have ever learned anything except through the rod. When my school room is darkened, I see most.") .... I thank God too that He has tools which He will use in His mercy to help the recalcitrant child of His become a willing and yielded vessel.

I think the reason some Christians resist accepting Paul’s warning in 5:21 and 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 is because they want to follow their evil ways. They think that Jesus’ sacrifice is enough to cover their evil ways which it is if they would quit sinning.

The statement that these Christians desire to substitute for Paul’s warning if they could reword the Scripture is that Jesus died for your sins so you can keep on sinning.

Q4. (5:21) Why do some Christians resist accepting Paul's warning in 5:21 and

1 Corinthians 6:9-11? What statement might these Christians desire to substitute for Paul's warning if they could reword the Scripture?

Why some Christians resist accepting the warning in Galatians 5:21 which says that any one who indulges in the works of the flesh such as sexual immorality and the others will not inherit the kingdom of God is because they missunderstand the principle of grace and mercy.

However, we should note that our freedom that is as result of our faith in Christ and the grace associated with it is not a licence to continue to indulge in in willful sin. Our faith should lead us to be led by the power of the Holy Spirit to live righteous lives.

I have been this person who has lived in dishonour of God's Word. My excuse was, "God understands, my situation is unique."

Praise God for 1 Corinthians 10:13 "No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it."

If these people could reword the scripture they may say, "As long as you believe it is okay for you and is not obviously detrimental to yourself or others, go ahead, live life as you please. And by the way, God is forgiving and He understands."

Why do some Christians resist accepting Paul’s warning in 5:21 and 1 Corinthians 6:9-11? What statement might these Christians desire to substitute for Paul’s warning if they could reword the Scripture?

Some Christians resist accepting Paul's warning because they feel they only have to say that they are sorry and God will overlook their sins.

If they could substitute the statement in 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 they would say your works are justification enough to get you to heaven.

4.a. Because they are deceived. They believe, once saved always saved. They keep sinning and think grace covers it. God requires holiness. They need to repent, turn from their sin, submit to the Holy Spirit and walk in the Spirit.

b. You can live like you want, after the flesh, and all you have to do is confess your sins.

Galatians 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

When we attempt to live our own way, we are subject to the lifestyle of what the enemy would have us live and that is a lifestyle that is contrary to a peaceful existence. This existence goes round and round in a loveless repetitive motion seeking things like cheap and tawdry sex; stinking thinking that leads to mental and emotional garbage; joyless attempts to call happiness something that isn‘t happy in the least. A life of looking for a miracle god who would get us out of our downward spiral of magic-show religion; paranoid loneliness; cutthroat and petty competition; all-consuming-yearning to satisfy ourselves that we NEVER find.

This life style is brutal and disruptive causing divorce, divided homes, discontent and rivalry; uncontrollable addictions to a dead end road. A road of destruction really. How could anyone who lives this way even expect to be welcome into the Kingdom of God? ~ Some paraphrased and some copied from the Message

If you didn’t already know this, the word ‘witchcraft’ in the Greek is pharmakeia, pronounced far-mak-i'-ah where we get our word pharmacy and it means: medication ("pharmacy"), i.e. (by extension) magic (literally or figuratively):--sorcery, witchcraft. The use or the administering of drugs poisoning sorcery, magical arts, often found in connection with idolatry. The deceptions and seductions of idolatry by drug inducement.

We as humans do fall short of the glory of God but it isn’t those who fall short of perfection who are excluded from the Kingdom of God because that would exclude everyone.

Paul’s warning is for those who live this lifestyle and claim Christianity, yet are living under a false Christianity and may not even know it. We can make all the excuses we want but the fact is, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Those who willing continue to practice in sin, instead of turning away from sin and sincerely seek God’s forgiveness are going to be caught by surprise when they are not invited to enter the Kingdom of God.

I would rather do it my way? That’s is I think what you are asking. If folks can turn things around and make Paul’s teaching work for them even while they are living a sin filled lifestyle.

Or perhaps I am completely misunderstanding this question.

It is hard for some to admit mistakes and the need to change. They also look at the speck in others eyes and not the log in their own. Some probably just minimize in their own eyes what they do. "It's no big deal."

I think there are probably several they would have to change and they would probably just slightly color the truth to fit their own adgenda or to justify what they do so they can keep on doing it.

God Bless!

Jen

Romans 15:13

Some Christians resist accepting Paul's warnings in Galatians 5:21 and I Cor 6:9-11 because they believe the can live a lifestyle of sin and still go to heaven. They figure as long as they confess and say they're sorry God will overlook their persistant sinning.

If these people could re-word scripture it would probably be to "sin like hell because all you need to do is say your sorry and all will be forgiven.