JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. The New Creation

Q4. (Galatians 6:15) What characterizes this “new creation” that Paul talks about? What does the “old creation” look like in contrast? What does the old creation lack that the new creation possesses? How does Jesus’ saying, “You must be born again” (John 3:3-8) relate to this concept of the new creation?

• 2 months later...

Q4. (Galatians 6:15) What characterizes this “new creation” that Paul talks about?

This “new creation” that Paul talks about is characterized by the Spirit that was given when a person became a Christ-follower.

What does the “old creation” look like in contrast?

The “old creation” in contrast to the "new creation" looks like those who followed the law and sought circumcision for salvation.

What does the old creation lack that the new creation possesses?

The old creation lacked a crucified Savior. The new creation possesses a Saviour who by His death on the cross bought our Salvation once and for all.

How does Jesus’ saying, “You must be born again” (John 3:3-8) relate to this concept of the new creation?

Jesus’ saying, “You must be born again” (John 3:3-8) relate to this concept of the new creation in that these are the characteristic of those who will enter the Kingdom of God.

Q4. (Galatians 6:15) What characterizes this "new creation" that Paul talks about? Unity in the Spirit

What does the "old creation" look like in contrast? Condemnation by the law.

What does the old creation lack that the new creation possesses? Forgiveness

How does Jesus' saying, "You must be born again" (John 3:3-8) relate to this concept of the new creation? Merging the old man to the new man to make one man. Inclusion without regard for the past.

The new creation is one who is born of the Spirit and shows the fruit of the Spirit.

The old creation walks by the flesh. The old creation lacks the Holy Spirit.

The passage in John speaks of being born of the Spirit--the Spirit lives in us who have been saved.

Q4. (Galatians 6:15) What characterizes this "new creation" that Paul talks about?

The gift of becoming a new creation is God’s mercy given to all people, be they Jew, Gentile, Slave, free, man or woman, it is received by trusting in Israel's Messiah and responding to the Holy Spirit.

A Jew will still a Jew, God's chosen people, God's first born, CIRCUMCISION was never meant to be a way for a Jew to be saved, it has always been through God’s mercy, if anyone teaches otherwise, it is because they do not understand the Jewish roots nor what the Scriptures say.

However, there are these Jews who are causing confusion, but we see by their fruits that they are not following the Spirit; their fruits are not that of a new creation, they are causing strife, where there should be unity between Jew and Gentile.

A Gentile will still be a Gentile even though they are grafted into the true olive tree, whose roots are that of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel.

A woman will still be a woman, a man is still a man, however they are not the same, Christ has come so that we Jew, Gentile, man or woman will be a new creation, one who hungers and thirst after God's laws to do them, it is the calling of the new creation to love God through the obedience of faith and trust, and not that of the law.

How does Jesus saying "You must be born again" (John 3:3-8) relate to this concept of the new creation?

God gave to his chosen people Israel the "Feast of Atonement" to cover their sins, life is in the blood and repentance was required in order for God to except their sacrifice, however, the blood of bulls and goats could never create in man a new heart.

What was needed in due season was for God to send the last and final sacrifice for sin, God sent His Passover Lamb and the power of the Spirit so that man would have no excuses, for the chief end of man is to glorify God and to enjoy him forever, this is who a new creation in Christ is.

Q4. (Galatians 6:15)

What characterizes this "new creation" that Paul talks about?

This "new creation" that Paul talks about is characterised by oneness, unity in Christ.

What does the "old creation" look like in contrast?

In contrast the "old creation" is divided into two groups: Jews and Gentiles.

The old creation lacks the Spirit while the new creation possesses the Spirit.

How does Jesus' saying, "You must be born again" (John 3:3-8) relate to this concept of the new creation?

The relation between Jesus' saying: "You must be born again" (John 3: 3-8) and the concept of the new creation is in that, in both cases something new is brought up. In both cases it relates to a person leaving his or her old way of living "by the flesh" and being filled with the Spirit.

Born anew, faith in Christ, living according to that faith, adherence to the Spirit and not following our own spirits nor the influences of Satan's spirit. United by and through faith vise heritage, social status, or wealth. Identified with Him of faith in God not by conformity to certain rites and customs but of, by and through faith of Christ righteousness.

Misguided beliefs that lead to hostilities, prejudices, lack of peace, love and joy.

The Fruit of the Spirit, the relationship that God desires, the renewed mind required to walk in the faith of and in Christ Jesus.

How does Jesus' saying, "You must be born again" (John 3:3-8) relate to this concept of the new creation?

Being born anew, not a natural birthing repeated, however a birth based upon belief. God is a Spirit, God is spiritual and holy; and that which is born of the Spirit resembles the Spirit; for as he is who begat, so is he who is begotten of Him.

Q4. (Galatians 6:15) What characterizes this “new creation” that Paul talks about?

The New creation is the result of the "new birth" in Jesus Christ, which gives us a "new nature"....the old me is dead and I'm a new creature in Christ.

What does the “old creation” look like in contrast?

It looks like the old "me" before I was born again: dead in sin, hopeless, damned, unregenerate...a life of flesh and despair...and trying to be good enough to go to Heaven!

A regenerated, born again spirit...Christ in me, the hope of Glory!

How does Jesus’ saying, “You must be born again” (John 3:3-8) relate to this concept of the new creation?

Being born again is the only way to the Father...through receiving His Son's substitutionary death on the cross for my own sins, and I gain eternal life in Heaven with Him which began the day I received Him, and a life of constant companionship until that day, with Him by His Holy spirit who lives in me! Thank you, Lord for all that you have given me...your free gift I could never earn....the "filthy rags" of my good works were futile....your grace gift is so precious to me!!!!

Q4. (Galatians 6:15)

The new creation is a work of God within us in which He gives us new life. One moment we were spiritually dead (the old creation) and the next moment we have a new spiritual life from God. The Holy Spirit has come into our lives and made us a new creature in Christ Jesus. We have a new nature and gone is that hostility we had towards Jesus. The old sinful nature does not dominate our life as before. We walk in the Spirit and the process of sanctification begins as we start to display the fruit of the Spirit; we come to be more and more like Jesus – this with the help of the Holy Spirit. As Paul says in Ephesians 2:10, ‘ For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.’ This we know can only come through faith in our Lord Jesus. When Jesus (John 3:3-8) spoke about being born again, He was telling us that though all human beings have experienced natural birth on earth, if they expect to go to heaven, they must experience a supernatural spiritual birth from above. It is an act of God and we become a new creation, the moment we put our trust in Jesus, our sins are forgiven and our old sinful nature is nailed on the Cross.

Q4. (Galatians 6:15) What characterizes this “new creation” that Paul talks about? What does the “old creation” look like in contrast? What does the old creation lack that the new creation possesses? How does Jesus’ saying, “You must be born again” (John 3:3-8) relate to this concept of the new creation?

A continual growth to change to be more like Christ. In contrast a person that stays in the "old creation" is more evil-sinful, very negative, always becoming more and more like the people of the world. Love. You must be born again doesn't imply coming back through the birth process, but the process of a new creation implies choosing to turn from sin and to make a turn around in all ways we think and live submitting all of ourselves to God by allowing him to lead our lives to a more wonderful way.

The characteristics of the "new creation" is the fruit of the Spirit because we are born of the Spirit.

The "old creation" is still living under the law and of the flesh. It's worldly living. No faith.

The old creation lacks the Holy Spirit inside. The new creation has the Holy Spirit.

To be "born again" you must be born into the Spirit. We are all born at one time into the world of flesh. We were blind to things of the Spirit because we were not yet born into the Kingdom of God. Once we are "born again" the Holy Spirit opens our eyes to things of the Spirit and we grow by the power of the Holy Spirit. That is why we are a new creation. We are no longer of the world, we are of the Kingdom of God and our lives are transformed into something entirely new!

Q4. (Galatians 6:15) What characterizes this "new creation" that Paul talks about?

The Spirit filled life, this “new creation”, is characterized by the fruit of the Spirit. We are representatives of our gracious, forgiving, loving Father; we are co-heirs with Christ.

As with the Galations, it looks like people-pleasing, law following rather than Christ following, and self-righteous attempts at salvation which produces arrogance and judgement on others who don’t make the grade.

What does the old creation lack that the new creation possesses? The Spirit of God.

We are born of the Spirit as new creations; we walk according to the Spirit of God. We accept this rebirth into God's Spiritual kingdom, and us as co-heirs of Christ, when we nail our flesh to the cross of Jesus and by faith, accept who we are IN CHRIST, not of our own doing, but by faith in the Son of God.

What characterizes this “new creation” that Paul talks about?

The veil is torn and Father and Son become one again and establish peace and unity in our lives as a new creation through the Holy Spirit . We seek righteousness, we desire the fruit of the Spirit. As we are sanctified by the Spirit our lives take on a new meaning, we seek to edify and emulate Jesus. We want to be good, righteous people.We seek redemption and repent of our sins. We seek to glorify our Lord and Creator. In contrast our "old creation" is dead. The death of Jesus has conquered the sins of the flesh and has taken our sins with him to the grave.. We can now be free. Not free to do as we please but free to enjoy the fruit of The Holy Spirit. We have been set free from condemnation by the blood of Jesus on the cross. We are now reconciled with God.

When we are born of our mothers wombs we are new creations. We are completely helpless and dependent on our mothers. When we become a new creation in Christ we are completely helpless and must rely on our Father to care for us. We are like newborn babes, we must rely on our Father to grow and thrive through His Spirit. Our Father makes provision for all our needs. We are helpless without Him we will wither and die,or be eaten alive by animals (certain death-destruction) just as an abandoned baby would if abandoned in the wilderness by it's mother.. We are babies in Christ, as we mature as Christians we become brothers and sisters in Christ, and as heir to the God's Kingdom our "old self" is dead. We are new creatures walking in the Spirit of Christ.

1) peace, harmony, one in Christ walking in the Spirit

2) discord, hate, clawing your way to the top

3) the Spirit of God, eternal life with God

4) If we are not born again of the Spirit we will not be reconciled to God, we are condemned to living life in the flesh with all its horrors and eternal condemantion.

God Bless!

Jen

Romans 15:13

The new creation is that all things are past away and all things

have become new when you ask God to come in your life.

Abolishing in his flesh,With new creation everything is new and the old

life is by the law.

Yes, because when you are born again all of your past is gone.

The thing that characterizes this “new creation” that Paul talks about is that we have faith. We believed that Jesus saves us and that is the grace that has been given to us. All that the works that we do is just to please Jesus and it has nothing to do with our salvation.

The old creation looks like somebody is following the law but we know that we can’t be good enough to buy our salvation.

The old creation lacks salvation and the new possesses our salvation. So the saying “You must be born again” relates to the concept of this new creation.

4.a. This new creation is a brand new me with the Holy Spirit living in me to give me new life.

b. The old me is no more, a life of worldliness and of wanting to be like and conforming to the world, drinking, cursing, not knowing God,etc.

c. The old creation lacked the ability to please God by keeping the law, which we could not keep. In the new creation we have Christ in us the hope of glory. I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless, I live, yet not I, but Christ lives in me and the life that I now live in the flesh, I live by the faith of the Son of God who loved me and gave Himself for me.

d. When we accept the fact that we are sinners, hopeless and need a savior, we then place our faith in Jesus and believe that He died for our sins and ask Him to be Lord of our lives, he honors that and comes in and makes us new creatures at which time we are born again, not of the will of the flesh but of God. Thanks be to God!!!

Galatians 6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

This is Paul’s final warning to the folks of Galatia. There is scuttle but that up to this point in this letter that Paul dictated what he wanted written and here at this last , he actually wrote with his own hand and may be the reason he mentions large letter. No matter really because the latter is his, written to the folks who had all but gone back to their old prior ways before he had fist met them and helped them establish this gathering of people. It is said that he has done this in other letters although I personally can not conclude this to be true as this is the first time I have ever studied his written work. Paul made a statement here that I find fascinating and it is that the folks who were trying to get these people to be circumcised were not themselves following the whole of the law. Sounds like Christianity today. The new creation follows the spirit and the old creation follows the worlds leader.

Through out Paul's letter I see a call to conform to the ways of God and Paul seeming to share with us that we might just take our personal interests and nail them to the cross and let God permeate in our heart, mind , body and soul the goals and the growth that He would like to see presented in our lives, all to His glory of course. We can only do this through His power, the power that God shares with us individually and collectively (at times when we have gathered) and this is through the Holy Spirit. This is what the new creation possesses.

Paul’s warning is to us as well as the folks of Galatia. Paul said it earlier in Chapter 5:6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love. He repeats this in a different way here. “For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.” Cleary nothing we do or do not do makes one hoot of a difference. It is Yahushua that has done all the work on the cross to bring about the Spirit of God into our lives. We do not need to be physically circumcised but we do need to be spiritually circumcised, this is the concept of living with in the framework of one who is on their way to receiving that born again body that we will receive when we rise from the grave at the resurrection.

John 3:3-8 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Immersion in water is connected with ritual cleansing of the body, while the Holy Spirit gives power for turning from sin to living a holy life; both speak of the aspects of purification, This is why ‘born of water’ does not mean ordinary human birth; moreover, since everyone is ‘born of water’, in that sense, it would be silly for Yahushua to make a condition out of it with the word ‘unless’ or ‘except’.

We are new creatures and as new creatures, we can not go back and dig up our old ways because we have put on a new profession. We are no longer tied to our past even though it is still there. We gotta keep moving forward and not pick up our old habits and the likes of what tore us down in the flesh. Even though we are still flesh, we will not remain flesh forever. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. There is neither old anymore either because the old is slowly dying to self's wants and ways. Neither having been circumcised or in the process of being circumcised matters. What matters is the out come of a new creature of God because of our trust and faith in His Son and respond to the Holy Spirit.

• 1 month later...

In 2 Cor 5:17, Paul tells us that anyone who is “in Christ” is a new creation. When we were baptized, we were probably encouraged to “rise and walk in newness of life.” (Rom 6:4) The indwelling Holy Spirit and our submitting to the process of sanctification is what makes the difference in our lives. Our new birth is a spiritual birth that is produced by our being buried with Christ and raised (re-born) as a new creation.

• 2 weeks later...

When I was not yet born again, I knew about Jesus, but had never really asked Him into my life. I lived by the law. ConsequentlyI did not have the Holy Spirit living in me. I made many bad decisions in my young life. I was far from God and did not even realize it.

Praise God alone, that He showed me the only way to Himself! I immediately saw there was only one way to please Him, through Jesus and His sacrifice for me. Then and only then did I receive the Spirit of God. I was born again. Everything in my life looked totally different, and I wanted to serve Him. It was no longer a difficult duty, but a deep desire in my heart to please Him in every way. I fail in many many ways, but this is the true desire of my heart now! All glory to my God!

• 5 months later...

4a)The presence of the Holy Spirit in a new Christian,evident by sense of forgiveness &living life of love, the old has merged with the new, we are changed.

B)The old creation looks like those who followed law&circumcision;condemned to sinful desires of flesh& selfish thinking

c)Old creation division between jew & gentile,lacks Spirit, peace, grace, forgiveness, and freedom, as constrained by striving to meet regulations of mosaic law

. D)We are new creation in Christ through Spirit that comes into us, when we are saved, turning from old ways,have new birth,new start,commi to follow Jesus by faith trusting his Word, &listening to Spirit’s prompts.

• 7 months later...

The new creation is entirely new, created in Christ, filled with the spirit of God.   There are new feelings toward all people—a new kind of love toward family and friends, a new compassion never before felt for enemies, and a new love for all mankind. The things we once loved, we now detest. The sin we once held onto, we now desire to put away forever.

The old creation refers to everything that is part of our old nature—natural pride, love of sin, reliance on works, and our former opinions, habits and passions, love of self and with it self-righteousness, self-promotion, and self-justification.

The New creation has Jesus Christ as savior which the old creation did not have.  The new creation is spirit filled unlike the old creation.  The new creation is no longer a slave to the sin.  Law is no longer the identifying mark of the new creation, but the Holy Spirit is. 

Being born again Jesus said we will inherit the Kingdom of God.  A new creation has all these characteristics of a born again person, a life filled with and led by the Holy spirit.  Earlier we were born of flesh but Jesus tells us that we should be born of the Spirit, a new creation according to Paul is one who has crucified his flesh and is born of the spirit.

New creation is the person who has accepted Christ and now he no longer lives but Christ lives in him.

In contrast the old creation looks like a sinful person gratifying the sinful nature .

The old creation lacks the spirit of god which the new creation now possesses.

Being born again is having a fresh birth in Christ and when the old goes and new is come in a person..he is no longer the same old person but has born anew for God.

• 2 weeks later...

The new creation is our transformation from the old sin inclined nature apart from God to a spirit-filled life.  A life where the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are central and are the driving influence.

The new creation is our transformation from the old sin inclined nature apart from God to a spirit-filled life.  A life where the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are central and are the driving influence.