JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Messianic Fulfillment

• 3 months later...

The Davidic kingdom did end in 587 BC -- temporarily. How did God fulfill his promises in the Davidic Covenant? HE GOT PERSONALLY INVOLVED IN THE CREATION.

In what ways is it fulfilled in Christ?

JOHN 3:16...

The Davidic kingdom did end in 587 BC -- temporarily. How did God fulfill his promises in the Davidic Covenant?

Through Christ. Jesus is going to reign forever, and through Jesus, David's house will also reign forever

At the moment biggest religion on earth is Christianity, the most people of any religious group in the world is proclaiming Jesus as their Lord and Saviour. Already many people are serving the King of kings. One day everybody will know He is The King Who will reign forever.

Q4. The Davidic kingdom did end in 587 BC – temporarily.

How did God fulfill his promises in the Davidic Covenant?

God fulfilled His promises in the Davidic Covenant by sending His Son to the earth by being born through the house of David.

It is being fulfilled in Christ by making Him, Christ, the King of the world; the everlasting ruler of the world and the saviour of all mankind.

Q4. The Davidic kingdom did end in 587 BC -- temporarily.

God fulfilled the "PROMISE" that the "KING" of Israel will come from the lineage of David.

Christ fulfilled the Davidic promise that the KING will come from the lineage of David, and that his kingdom will have no end. (Luke 1:31-33)

God revealed His Davidic promise when He sent his beloved Son, and we may be part of this covenant God made with Israel, that is if we believe that Jesus is God's Son, that He is the MESSIAH, the Davidic promise of Israel.

However, God’s Son did not come as "KING", as “MESSIAH”, he came as Israel’s “PASSOVER LAMB” to be slain, God's promise of MERCY and GRACE was sent not just to ISRAEL, but to the WORLD, to all those who will put their faith and trust in Israel’s promised “MESSIAH”.

My faith in “CHRIST” is the reason I am anxiously looking FOR ALL OF THE Davidic Covenant to be fulfilled, that is why I" PRAY FOR THE PEACE OF JERUSALEM", for I believe God will do what He said he will do.

That is why I am preparing myself for the day the "KING OF KINGS" will return, and sit on his throne in “JERUSALEM”, and that he will rule with a rod of iron, that of "RIGHTEOUSNESS", bringing God’s promise of “PEACE” to the land of Israel and to the WORLD, fulfilling all of the Davidic Covenant, a KINGDOM OF NO END.

God fulfilled his promise by punishing David and his decendants when they sinned. He sent His son Jesus Christ as He promised from the line of David.

Jesus Christ suffered and died for our sins. He now live's and will be on the kingdom for ever and ever.

Thank you God Almighty for your son Christ Jesus who will forever rule this universe.

Q4.

The Davidic kingdom did end in 587 BC - temporarily.

In 2 Samuel 7:13 God reveals his promise of a Kingdom that will last forever, and that David’s own descendant would sit on the throne. As we know this kingdom has been interrupted since the Babylonian captivity, but it will be restored when Christ, the Seed of David, returns to reign over all the earth, and as we read in Revelation 11:15, Jesus will reign for ever and ever." The kingdom belongs to God and it is through His Son, Jesus Christ that the Kingdom will be ruled. Christ has been king in His kingdom all along; for we read in Psalm 110:1, The LORD says to my Lord: "Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet." Jesus confirms this in Matthew 28:18, “Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me.” When the last enemy is destroyed, namely death, then comes the end, and He will hand over the kingdom to God the Father, as seen in 1 Corinthians 15:24-28, “Then the end will come, when He hands over the kingdom to God the Father after He has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet. The last enemy to be destroyed is death. For He "has put everything under His feet." Now when it says that "everything" has been put under Him, it is clear that this does not include God Himself, who put everything under Christ. When He has done this, then the Son Himself will be made subject to Him who put everything under Him, so that God may be all in all.” This does not mean that then He will cease to rule; He will reign forever and ever – fulfilling His covenant made with David.

Q4. The Davidic kingdom did end in 587 BC – temporarily. How did God fulfill his promises in the Davidic Covenant?

There was a break in the line until the perfect, sinless King was born of the Virgin Mary.

He is the 2nd Adam, sinless and perfect...King of Kings and Lord of Lords. He saved and redeemed that which was lost (me! :) )He reigns now through the Body of Christ who has been given His authority on earth to heal and deliver and to continue the work of making disciples for His Kingdom. At the appointed time He will come back and reign on earth as King in Jerusalem for 1,000 years.....and His kingdom will never end!!! Hallelujah! "Even so, Lord Jesus, come quickly!" Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven!

Q4. The Davidic kingdom did end in 587 BC – temporarily. How did God fulfill his promises in the Davidic Covenant?

The exile is a difficult concept to reconcile when considering the Davidic Covenant. God had promised that David would always have a direct descendant on the throne of Israel and yet from 587 BC he did not. Israel and Judah had been conquered numerous times as well. We read that the Sabbath rest for the land had not been practiced the whole time Israel had been an established kingdom. Therefore God saw no alternative but to give His land the rest His people hadn't . . . by removing them from it. The God of the Old Testament sure seems different to the God of Love in the New Testament. God was with His people in exile and men like Daniel rose to prominence in the courts of the foreign countries where the people of Israel had been taken. Through Daniel God affected the heart and mind of the emperor of Babylon and set in motion the return from exile. It was also through the people of Israel being in exile that the wise men who visited the baby Jesus knew about His birth and His promised deliverance for Mankind through the word of God handed down from their ancestors who'd been exposed to God's wisdom and prophecy at the time of Daniel. Things happen in God's good time and although it seems like He's forsaken us at times, in the long run we find He hasn't. The kingdom of iron mixed with clay in Daniel's vision was the Roman empire and Jesus the rock not cut by human hands.

Both Jesus mother and his earthly "father" were of the tribe of Judah and directly descended from David. Christ's Kingdom has no end and will endure forever. Jesus is the Prince of Peace.

The Davidic kingdom did end in 587 BC – temporarily. How did God fulfill his promises in the Davidic Covenant? In what ways is it fulfilled in Christ?

Psalm 2 7I will make known the words of the Lord. He said to Me, “You are My Son. Today I have become Your Father. 8 Ask of Me, and I will give the nations for you to own. The ends of the earth will belong to You. 9 You will break them using a piece of iron. And they will be broken in pieces like pots of clay.” THE LORD JESUS HE IS THE KING OF ALL NATIONS

Q4. The Davidic kingdom did end in 587 BC – temporarily. How did God fulfill his promises in the Davidic Covenant? In what ways is it fulfilled in Christ?

God fulfilled His promises in the Davidic Covenant through Jesus Christ who was a direct descendant of David.

It is fulfilled in Christ in that Christ's Kingdom will be forever. Also, that we, (identified with Christ through the sacrifice of Christ on the cross to cover our sins) may still sin in this present world and may be disciplined for our sins, but we have the guarantee of eternal life in Christ's Kingdom that will last forever. The Davidic Covenant is our promise as well through Jesus.

The Davidic Covenants is clearly unconditional. If David's descendants sin, they will be punished, but that won't terminate God's promise of "an everlasting covenant, arranged and secure.

The sacred that as authentic covenant, sealed by God's solemn oath to David (Acts 2:30; Psalm 89:3, 132:12

The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he will reign for ever and ever "(Revelation 11:15)

Jesus Christ. Jesus the Messiah is the fulfillment of the Davidic Covenant, which will be complete when he returns.

Through Jesus Christ the promise has been fulfilled.

David's kingdom will endure forever and ever through Christ Jesus, son of David, son of God. The promise remains, it is unconditional and endures forever. The promise to conquer death, and the promise to forgive us our sins. It will be made complete at the second coming of our Sovereign Lord, Jesus!

Q4. The Davidic kingdom did end in 587 BC – temporarily. How did God fulfill his promises in the Davidic Covenant? In what ways is it fulfilled in Christ?

The Davidic Covenant mentioned a house being built, and there was one built for the Lord by Solomon, but then it was destroyed. But then Christ came and he is the one whom we carry in our temples/hearts...it is where He resides, in the people.

• 2 weeks later...

Q4.

The Davidic kingdom did end in 587 BC -- temporarily. How did God fulfill his promises in the Davidic Covenant?

By Jesus being born from the line of David on both sides of his parents – Mary and Joseph. Joseph was not the biological father but he did come from the line of David.

Jesus' parent Mary and Joseph came from the Davidic line. Joseph was not the biological father but he did come from the line of David. The promise that the Davidic covenant would last forever is Jesus in heaven who reigns now and who will reign forever. http://www.joyfulheart.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1190

God fulfilled His promises in the Davidic Covenant through Jesus.

Christ's kingdom will be everlasting and will have no end.

After the capture in 587 B.C. the kingdom remained in under foreign rulership. The fulfillment of the promise was of the Messiah.

The promise is fulfilled in Christ as Messiah who is of the descendant of David and who is the everlasting king of Israel.

• 4 weeks later...

Q4.

The Davidic kingdom did end in 587 BC – temporarily. How did God fulfill his promises in the Davidic Covenant?

a. Christ flfilled the covenant by his son Jesus beingborn through the

"House of David", but Jesus did not come as a King, but as the Messiah

to fulfill Bible prophecy.

b. It was fulfilled by Jesus, being born of Mary who was a descendant of

the House of David, to die for us on the cross to save us from our sins,

How Jesus was placed in a tomb, and rose, and now He lives by

God's right hand in heaven. So there is a descendant of David that

will rule forever, The Everlasting King.