JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. The Power of the Holy Spirit

Q2. (1 Thessalonians 1:4-5) Why is the Holy Spirit’s working so necessary to effective ministry? What happens when the main power behind our ministry is will-power? What is the role of miracles in Paul’s evangelism? What would happen if we saw miracles in evangelism in our day? What is hindering this?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without the Holy Sprits presence,the human heart is unable to respond to God. In our own nature we hate God and want to run from Him Will power will not accomplish the purposes of God. Our efforts can not do the work of the Holy Spirit-convincing men of sin.

Miracles show that God is present in Pauls ministry, and provides a tangible way of proving it.

Miracles would convince some, because of the Holy Spirits work, however, sadly, many would chalk it up to some other phenomenom, or coincidence.

The body of Christ, in many churches , has been taught that miracles have ceased today.

Why is the Holy Spirit's working so necessary to effective ministry?

The Holy Spirit is God Himself representing Him on earth. Without God's (the Holy Spirit) influence in our ministry we are busy with a man made thing, a religion with no relationship. That is when churches becomes bussinesses instead of a place to worship. That is when we only meet for a sosial event and a bit of a motivational talk before the week begins.

We must involve the Holy Spirit as the Leader of everything that happens in our ministry if we want to see any true growth, any influence from God.

What happens when the main power behind our ministry is will-power?

We have a man made plan, a man's ideas, and we are following a man, not God. I am passing on my will, not God's will. Many times you will see a church falling apart when a pastor leaves the church, that is because the pastor led the church on his own, people were following the man, not God. Other things might cause the church to fail, but if every church fails after you leave you are doing something wrong, you must leave a church that will grow and is strong enough to further spread the Word of God. When we appoint pastors it will be a good idea to also see what happend with previous churches when the pastor / leader left, did they continue to grow, Holy Spirit inspired, or did they shrink, man's will inspired.

What is the role of miracles in Paul's evangelism?

I think miracles inspired people, but it also proved to people that Paul was really from God. Paul also showed people what could happen when you are filled with the Holy Spirit. He acted with confidence because he knew who he was in Christ, his confidence was not in himself, but in Christ Who was living within him

What would happen if we saw miracles in evangelism in our day?

If we are seeking the Kingdom of God we will regularly see miracles in our lives. If we are obedient to the Holy Spirit we will experience God in our lives in wonderful ways all the times. We are to often looking for God in great awesome stuff and not experiencing Him in the "soft winds" as well. Experiencing God's presence when somebody in church stands up and give a perfect introduction to your sermon is just as big a miracle as somebody jumping into the road and stopping a runaway truck from killing a child in the Name of Jesus.

We have to see God in everything we do. It is a wonderful experience

What is hindering this?

For myself it was mostly following my own ideas, doing my own stuff, and staying in control, not handing control completely over to God.

Other stuff can be persistance in sin. Today sexual sin is accepted in many areas way too easily. Social sanding, power, money, self concern and many other worldly stuff. As long as we stay in the world we can never experience God. Too amny of us are still worshipping Mamon, Dagon, Bachus, Baal and other gods from the Old Testament. We don't have idols, but we still follow the same sin that they represented.

As long as we are unfaithful to God, He will not bless us with miracles

We have been redeemed from our former way of life and have surrendered our life - soul to God. Therefore, as Christians we allow God working in us through the Holy Spirit. We are God's - it is God's work, not ours.

What happens when the main power behind our ministry is will power?

Won't work - worldly!

Miracles were used to confirm that what Paul spoke was from God. It gave the people who saw the miracles more broken convictions of their own. They then became more open to listen to the truth.

The purpose of miracles being done by the apostles was to confirm that they spoke the Word of God. I believe that the use of miracles in ministry today is like using a crutch. We have the Word of God and do not need the confirmation of some miracles. What is faith? Believing without seeing. Miracles are not needed today.

What is hindering this?

Do you want miracles or faith to confirm your work? God desires us to trust Him, and Him alone; and not in some miracles. Where is your faith?

Q. (1 Thessalonians 1:4-5) why is the Holy Spirit's working so necessary to effective ministry?

It is the Holy Spirit that convicts and draws people to the truth; man is the vessel that can be used of God.

The main power behind any ministry "ELECTED OF GOD" must begin with turning our (WILL - POWER) over to Him, allowing the power of the Word and the Holy Ghost to do its work.

To me the greatest miracle seen in Paul's day and in our day was and is revealed in the new creation we become.

One day in the future after our bodies have gone to the grave, another great miracle will happen, God will raise us up a glorified body, therefore I am glad that miracles still happen today and tomorrow, and that they have not been done away with, for I believe God is the same today as He was in Paul's day.

I feel sorry for those who believe and teach that God is not the same today as He was in Paul's day, therefore destroying ones "FAITH" and limiting God's ability to work in the believers life, teaching, we today no longer have the need to see the POWER of God at work is sad, very sad indeed.

Q2. (1 Thessalonians 1:4-5) Why is the Holy Spirit’s working so necessary to effective ministry?

It is the Holy Spirit Who draws hearts to Jesus, not our will or words! Without His Presence and Power, the message falls flat and has no life changing power.

Nothing good or lasting! Just a bunch of sweat and expended energy, and having wasted our time and the hearers.

What is the role of miracles in Paul’s evangelism?

The Holy Spirit demonstrates the power of the Gospel to change lives through signs and wonders...miracles. They are God's visible proof that the gospel is His message, not someone's good idea.

There are miracles today...several in my family including me, have experienced miracles, but largely in many churches they are not evident because the Holy Spirit is shut out, pastors and congregants preferring tradition and punctuality.

What is hindering this?

Ignorance of the truth, prejudice against the truth, fear of the truth. I spoke to a lady who left her church, "because the pastor was too liberal". When I asked what she meant by liberal, she said "he wants the Holy Spirit's power to be manifested." I was stunned and wondered what the new church she attends has to offer!

Q2. (1 Thessalonians 1:4-5) Why is the Holy Spirit’s working so necessary to effective ministry? What happens when the main power behind our ministry is will-power? What is the role of miracles in Paul’s evangelism? What would happen if we saw miracles in evangelism in our day? What is hindering this?

The Holy Spirit’s working is so necessary to effective ministry because the Holy Spirit convictsthe world of sin and of righteousness, and of judgement. We are God's vessels to proclaim His truths but the Holy Spirit takes that truth and brings conviction. When the main power behind our ministry is will-power the influence o the Holy Spirit would be lacking and the supernatural working o the Holy spirit would be missing. In Paul's evangelism, miracles had a great effect on the hearers and the result was deep conviction. Today, the same would happen; where there are miracles there would be convictions. Many would seek to know the God behind the power and accept Jesus as their Savior and Redeemer. We are hindered because we lost the expectancy of the Holy Spirit's working in ALL of our gatherings.

The Holy Spirit's working is necessary for effective ministry because without it noting would happen. It isn't us who convert people, we are just a carrier of the message but it is the Holy Spirit who convicts people's hearts.If we rely on our own will-power then nothing will come of it.

Miracles in Paul's evangelism add substance to his teachings, something tangible for unbelievers to "see". I'm not sure we are as ready to accept miracles these days especially as they would undoubtedly be disputed and opposed. I think our child like faith has waned and this is hindering us.

Q2. (1 Thessalonians 1:4-5)

- it is the confirmation of God's presence and will upon the ministry, that it is indeed Spirit-led.

- it will be too strenuous and unsustainable since it is moving will merely human effort.

- miracles confirm the message of the gospel of the kingdom of God through the working of the Holy Spirit among the people.

- then the same response from the people witnessing the miracles would happen: more will be added to the believers'/disciples' number.

What is hindering this?

- BELIEF that miracles can still happen in our present time.

1 Thessalonians 1-5 ¶ Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians which is in God the Father and in the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ. We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers; Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father; Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God. For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.

Paul is the writer of this letter as we know and Silvanus and Timotheus were two men who accompanied Paul on his second journey. The Thessalonians that he wrote; 1 and 2 too, lived in Thessalonica, what is now modern Salonika, Macedonia in Northern Greece. Paul’s idea of love in action produces hard work. He trusted in these people knowing that he had first grounded them in God’s word that he must have figured they would continue to be concerned with. His attention to the word ‘hope’ in our Lord Jesus Christ was probably because of a misunderstanding in this Messianic community regarding their hope in the second coming.

Why is the Holy Spirit’s working so necessary to effective ministry?

This question does not have a quick answer: So often we are taught about such subjects as the Holy Spirit, the gospel, the power, the Word and conviction which seem at times boring but when they are all tied together in a balanced mix, we tend to pay more attention. The whole ’shibang’ as I often say.

1st Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

A natural man is without the Spirit while a carnal person is a spiritually immature Christian a spiritual infant; babes in Christ.

Spiritually immature or mature, we are all made righteous before God, because of the righteousness of Lord Yahushua, our Messiah. Neither Paul nor God expects us to grow into spiritual maturity overnight. However we are to continually seek His Kingdom and His righteousness. We do this by communing with God through His word and prayer. Our active productivity while living in covenant with Him results from this relationship. We can expedite and build our relationship a whole lot quicker if we are diligent and expeditious in our growth while abiding.

Paul couldn’t present his message to the spiritually mature when he first arrived at Corinth because they were all babes in Christ. They were not capable to respond as spiritually mature. It was up to the Spirit to develop his message because they were underdeveloped. Their IQ was normal. It was their Spiritual IQ that Paul had hopes of helping to develop and they had not yet grown up too much according to this letter. (The one to the folks at Corinth)

Their first visit to Thessalonica all be it short, must have been like a stick of dynamite being set off apparently. Paul is saying that when he was there before that what he had shared was a full mixture of not only word, but also in power and the Holy Ghost and much assurance, so he must have been quite convincing because they were eager to continue in their efforts to learn more.

It will always fall short of the glory of God because self is in it, rather than the Spirit.

Word tells us that the Jews are the only ones who require miracles. God will see to all their needs when He ordains it.

What is hindering this? In my personal opinion, dis-belief and lack of obedience to Torah.

Holy Spirit is God himself and he with his intervention and power only are we able to touch the hearts of people with the truth. The Holy Spirit convicts man of His Sin and draws him close to God. Holy Spirit teaches us the divine things we fail to understand with our own reasoning.

If will power is the main power behind our ministry then our ministry will fail to please God, it will be just another religion. People will start following man instead of God and when the man they are following fails they loose faith in religion and become depressed.

Miracles increased the faith of people and proved that what Paul was teaching was right.

Our faith increases too.

Our unbelief / Sin

What is hindering this?

We know from 1 Cor 2:14, “The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.” On their own, unbelievers cannot understand the gospel. What is needed is the power of the Holy Spirit to open their minds and hearts. To have an effective ministry, so that spiritually dead are woken and blind eyes are opened, both the listener and the preacher need the energizing work of the Holy Spirit. It cannot be done by will-power alone. God must be involved, only He can awaken the soul, “But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions - it is by grace you have been saved (Ephesians 2:4-5). Paul needed miracles to prove to the people his authority as an apostle. I believe many miracles occur every day, but not in the way depicted on our so-called Christian TV channels. Miracles continuously occur today in answer to prayer as many people experience all the time.

The Holy Spirit is who draws, who strengthen, who educate / edifies, the entity that can heal and restore.

The person would be placing their will before God's Will. Some seek to be seen of men more than striving to be obedient to God.

The results that could be, would not come to fruition as pleasing unto God. As Self leads the Spirit doesn't, our ministry would then be just another religious belief. And those that continue in the ministry may fall into worshipping man instead of the True and Living God.

It causes one's focus to change (mentally, emotionally and spiritually)

It provide an invitation / foothold for Satan to enter.

The same role as it were with Christ. Miracles ordained by God are a testimony unto Him. The miracles performed by Jesus identified that He was the Messiah who had been prophesied. The miracles by Paul attested to his following Christ, his being in the WIll of God and God appointing such a witness for such a time that was needed.

Some people would be amazed, some would discount them, some would attempt to disprove them, some would accept them, some would attempt to duplicate them.

What is hindering this?

Being out of God's WIll, not being sensitive to His voice. FLESH

I believe that miracles occurred after the New Testament, that they still occur daily. However every child of God needs to walk circumspectly, we are not to follow after miracles, they are to follow after the child of God. Satan too can perform wonders and miracles, those under his influence also have the ability (Revelations 13). Acts 13 and 18 provides two examples where men wanted to perform miracles outside of God's Will. Mark 13:22 - For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect. Matthew 24:24, 2nd Thessalonians 2:9.

Why is the Holy Spirit's working so necessary to effective ministry? "No one can come to me unless my Father draws him." — John 6:44

God does his drawing via the Holy Spirit.

What happens when the main power behind our ministry is will-power? "The steps of his strength are shortened and his own counsel casts him down." — Job 18:7

On the mission field, I saw one missionary after another give up and go home. I think it was the result of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Unless God is our strength, our will-power is not enough to weather the onslaught by Satan when we minister in God's name.

What is the role of miracles in Paul's evangelism? "Then all the multitude kept silent and listened to Barnabas and Paul declaring how many miracles and wonders God had worked through them among the Gentiles." Acts 15:12 They believed because of the miracles. Jesus said that if we do not believe in him because of who he is, that they should believe in him because of the miracles he had done (couldn't find chapter and verse).

What would happen if we saw miracles in evangelism in our day? "Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the mighty works which were done in you had been done inTyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes." Matthew 11:21 In many parts of the world, we are seeing miracles, from healing to raising the dead. But in America, when we hear of them, we scoff and say that they are not true. Some would come as a result of miracles (particularly miracles pertaining to themselves or their needs), but the majority, not involved in the miracle, would not believe. We are a hard-hearted people.

What is hindering this? "Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? No! They were not at all ashamed; Nor did they know how to blush."

Unfortunately, our society (and the world at large) has become so enamored with sin that it no longer causes it shame. Between the hardness of heart and the abundance of Satan's false signs and wonders, people would probably consider most miracles a trick of technology or a coincidence.

I knew a young lady who called me one day and said, "Want to make a believer out of me? Tell God to give me this apartment!"

I responded, "I will ask him, and he will give you what you ask. However, you will chalk it up to some other cause." Then I prayed, and God did, indeed, make the apartment available to her. (As an aside, the agent was a God-fearing son of missionaries to Russia — the same place my husband and I ministered!)

She laughed, just like Sarah. But unlike Sarah, she refused to believe when she saw her miracle.

Why is the Holy Spirit’s working so necessary to effective ministry?

1. Confirmation from God.

2. Will power is often what we want and not what God intends.

3. Miracles had a great effect on the hearers. The imact was great conviction that resulted in repentance and faith.

What would happen if we saw miracles in evangelism in our day? What is hindering this?

4. People would not believe in miracles today. Belief of miracles is hindered because people believe that miracles ended in the apostolic day.

The Holy Spirit is the cornerstone of effective ministry because building the Kingdom of God is a spiritual undertaking that cannot be accomplished apart from spiritual power. God can work through anything as He chooses, but when a person takes on a ministry with only human effort and sheer will-power, self-guidance supresses divine wise direction, self-advancement supplants the enlargement of His Kingdom, and self-promotion ultimately replaces magnification of God's glory. It becomes a laborious drudge that confuses, bewilders, frustrates, and exhausts that person. There is no peace or joy in the work. And the production of spiritually enduring fruit is seriously stunted. The foundation of continual faith-filled prayer is critical to staying "plugged in" to the guiding and equipping power of the Spirit.

In those earliest days of the establishment of the church Body of Christ, God did many miracles and gave many signs to confirm this new revelation of Messiah and to validate His covenant of grace that fulfilled and replaced the first covenant of promise. These were given to prove to the Jews it was the real deal that their awaited Redeemer had truly come! I believe that in our day, God certainly can still do miracles for the purpose of evangelism if/when He chooses, but primarily uses His Word through the proclamation of the Gospel and convicting revealing work of the Spirit. Indeed, every conversion of a hopeless condemned soul is a miracle in itself!

Q2. (1 Thessalonians 1:4-5) Why is the Holy Spirit's working so necessary to effective ministry? What happens when the main power behind our ministry is will-power? What is the role of miracles in Paul's evangelism? What would happen if we saw miracles in evangelism in our day? What is hindering this?

1 some.people of today do not wont to be led by the Holy Spirit but the Holy Spirit what keep me along the way without the Holy Spirit Iwould be lost

2.To me you need will-power but you need will power in the right and when I say the right way you need to go God way and not man's way

3The role of the miracles of Paul were to show the people what could happen if you only trust God and beleive him

4 People's of today trust what man's have to say they think miracles can not happen put I trust you if you trust and beleive in the Lord can and will happen

5 Trust and beleive

The Holy Spirit is necessary for effective ministry because He calls and draws people to Christ. He convicts, encourages, strengthens and grows individuals to mature faith. The Holy Spirit's power was very evident in Thessalonica. Paul could only preach 3 Sabbaths before he was run out of town and yet, there were many converts. The converts themselves were under severe persecution and yet their faith grew and they were steadfast in it. Paul had concern about leaving the Thessalonian converts so tender in faith, but was very joyful to hear the strength that remained in them in spite of difficulties. The Holy Spirit was very much at work in the midst of these people!

Will power on the other hand is only as good as our determination and determination wanes quickly when tested. It also leads to legalism, individualism and taking care of ourselves. We NEED the power of the Holy Spirit. Will power is of the flesh. True Christianity is of the Spirit.

The role of miracles were a testimony of the power of God (Holy Spirit.) They were a testimony of Jesus Christ as Messiah and His continued power after His resurrection. Many who did not believe were converted when witnessing these testimonies.

I think people DO witness miracles in evangelism today and in other more private ways. I think some still believe when this happens, but it seems there are more skeptics today and things are "explained away" or scoffed at more. A sign of our times.

Why? Lack of faith, hardened hearts and many people very deceived and not seeking the truth.

THE HOLY SPIRITS WORKINGS IS SO NECESSARY BECAUSE IT SHOWS CONFIDENCE BASED ON THE FACT THAT THE PREACHERS OR TEACHERS BELIEVES THAT WHAT THEY ARE PREACHING ARE TEACHING IS GOD BREATHED AND HAVE THE CONFICENCE IN KNOWING THAT WITHOUT THE HOLY SPIRIT THEY WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO DO THIS. IF IT WAS ALL ABOUT WILL POWER IT WOULDN'T HAVE ANY POWER TO REACH ANYONE BECAUSE ONE WOULD BE WORKING OUT OF SELF. THE ROLE OF MIRACLES IN PAULS MINISTRY IS TO SHOW THE POWER OF THE ONE AND ONLY TRUE AND LIVING GOD . IF WE SAW MIRACLES IN EVANGELISM SOME PEOPLE WOULD DOUBT UNLESS THEY ARE A TRUE BELIEVER OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST

The Holy Spirit guides us in God's work, without his whispering we are so apt to go our own way. Then God's work becomes the mans. Will power is great and is often necessary in any ministry. However, will-power also involves a bullheaded stubborness that can prevent you from being Spirit lead and lead to selfishness. Miracles are evident in Paul's ministry. So many times he has been doomed only to be saved by the miracles of God. What would happen if we saw miracles in evangelism is our day? What makes you think we don't???? The only thing hindering us from experiencing miracles is our refusal to see them.

Guest gilbertj

Q2. Why is the Holy Spirit's working so necessary to effective ministry?

Without the help of Holy Spirit's working no one ministry will be effective. Holy Spirit work is to carry out the work of Christ. He bears witness of Christ and He teaches us all we need to be effective in carrying out our ministry for Christ. So we need Him very much to work in us and through us.

When the main power behind our ministry is will-power than we will some fail or give up or become burnout. The power behind any ministry has to be Holy Spirit. It is good to have will-power but we need Holy Spirit to be the power we depend on.

The role of miracles in Paul's evangelism is to help many believe in Christ and to show them that they are working for Christ.

If we saw miracles in evangelism in our day, we will have a great revival, and many would believe in Christ.

What is hindering this? unbelief and doubt

1) Why is the Holy Spirit's working so necessary to effective ministery? If it is not the working of the Holy Spirit, it is a man made ministery which will have to use programs and gimmicks to survive, and my God, that is what has invaded this country now. When the real Holy Ghost, is in charge, nothing is needed but a willing vessel to carry it forth.

2) What happens when the main power behind our ministery is will - power.? Anything other than the power of the Holy Ghost in charge will eventually burn out and have nothing but man made programs that will lead to having a church full of tares to keep the doors open.

3) What is the role of miracles in Paul's evangelism? I This is the evidence that there is a real God that can heal the sick open blinded eyes and raise the dead. On the other side of this is that Demon possessed people can perform miracles to, we can't under estimate the power of Satan, my God, just look around the world today. I must stay close to Jesus, and have a prayer life to discern between good and bad. If it is not uplifting Jesus, you better run.

4) What would happen if we saw miracles in evangelism in our day? What is hindering this? It would turn many people to come and see if it is so, and many would turn to Christianity, people have seen so much imitation these days, that they are looking for something that is real. The reason we are not experiencing it in these days, is because of unbelief and living a life that is not acceptable for the gift of healing. Make no mistake about it, the Remnant that stays in faith and don't fall out will experience Pentecost again before the Rapture.

GOD BLESS Brother Mike McCue

The Holy Spirit is important to effective ministry because it is the Holy Spirit who saves people. We get nowhere when the power is our own will-power. I have tried to convince others of the gospel, and have had NO reaction: positive or negative. I figure that was in my own power. I pray for God to speak through me, but am never great at knowing when it is Him and when it is me.

Miracles can validate a person is being from God. I do believe miracles can happen, but I also recognize that when the rich man (Luke 16) in Hades wanted to talk to his family (come back from the dead), he was told that if they didn't believe the Bible, they would not believe him either. And, we are told that faith comes by hearing(Romans 10:17) -- that we live by faith and not by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7) The Bible emphasizes Paul's words more than his miracles.

Having said that, I do believe that, I agree completely that the Holy Spirit includes miracles among spiritual gifts, for His own reasons, and that spiritual gifts are given to bring others to Christ for the glory of God. I'm not sure what would happen if there were more miracles.

I believe we don't see as many miracles because people lack faith that they can happen. If we have faith as a mustard seed, we can say to this mountain "move" and it will. One reason faith is lacking is that so many church father's over the ages have said that they are "no more" and so there is not much of a record on them. But, majority opinions, although they sway others, are not always correct. The Bible never says they are done away with. And, to me, Acts 2:16-19 indicates that they would be on the rise in the last days. Technically, the "last days" started with the Church, but I also believe that, as history closes out, there will be a resurgence of miracles. People are so lost now, and false doctrine is more prevalent than ever, that miracles would be a sign to show truth.

Q) Why is the Holy Spirit's working so necessary to effective ministry?

A) The Holy Spirits working is so necessary to effective ministry because it is through that working that the hearts of men shall be converted. That is when the people will see God -vs- the man. Its the power of the Holy Spirit that teaches us how to speak and move according to Gods will for the deep convictions of the people.

Q) What happens when the main power behind our ministry is will-power?

A) When our main power is will-power in our ministry the ministry will be in-effective. you may have some come to the saving knowledge and grown in there maturity, but it will not be as effective. The ministry will slowing begin to deteriate from the top until it is fized out. The power of the Holy Spirit is a sustaining power that is effective in the overall spiritual growth of the body of Christ. Without the Power of the Holy Spirit in your ministry you are out of the will of God.

Q) What is the role of miracles in Paul's evangelism?

A) The role in the miracles in Pauls evangelism is the deep conviction resulting in repentance and faith in Christ. This is also evedance that the Holy Spirit was in the mist.

Q) What would happen if we saw miracles in evangelism in our day?

A) If we saw miracles in evangelism in our day there would be more who would fall into belief.

Q) What is hindering this?

A) Rationalized unbelief

Q2-Why is the Holy Spirit working so necessary for effective ministry?

The Holy Spirit is the most important of effective ministry. In Acts 1:8, Jesus in speaking to His disciples expressed the effectiveness the Holy Spirit would have on their ministry and ultimately ours. "But ye shall receive power after that the Holy spirit is come upon you: and ye shall be witness unto Me in Jerusalem and in all Judea and in Samaria and unto the uttermost parts of the earth".

1 Corinthians 2:5 says, that your faith should not stand in the wisdom of man but in the power of God. When we depend on will-power we negate the power of God. The Holy Spirit is not free to do the work He was sent to do.

Jesus is our power source and we need to stay plugged into Him and realize that apart from Him we can do nothing.

What is the role of miracles in Paul's ministry?

The role of miracles displayed the power of Jesus Christ to save, heal and deliver. Miracles were new to the believers of Paul's day. The people were hungry and thirsty for God. Seeing the miracles encouraged the early church to trust in God's power.

If we saw miracles in evangelism in our day there would be more lives being changed than are being changed now. We would see the crime rate dropping drastically as many would want to follow Jesus rather than a life of crime. There also would be more empty hospital beds and and even less doctor visits because of prayer being on behalf the sick and people would experience God's miraculous touch in their bodies.

What is hindering this?

Miracles in evangelism in our day is being hindered because we are not willing to spend time in prayer in intercession. We must pray in faith believing. Also, we have to make sure that we as believers are also living holy and pure lives.