JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• 1 month later...
Q6. (Isaiah 27:12-13) When Isaiah prophesies the gathering of all his people at the sound of a great trumpet call, to what New Testament event does this correspond? 

Jesus prophesied this day as well:

"And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call,
and they will gather his elect from the four winds,
from one end of the heavens to the other." (Matthew 24:31)

The prophet is speaking of the final judgment as proclaimed in the various ancient Catholic Christian Creeds. The two which follow are the "Apostles Creed" & "The Nicene Creed."

I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and earth;
and in Jesus Christ, His only Son Our Lord,
Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried.
He descended into hell; the third day He rose again from the dead;
He ascended into Heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of God, the Father almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead.
 I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body and life everlasting.
Amen.

I believe in one God, the Father almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all things visible and invisible.

I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ, the Only Begotten Son of God, born of the Father before all ages. God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father;  Through him all things were made. For us men and for our salvation he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.

For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate he suffered death and was buried, and rose again on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead

and his kingdom will have no end.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son, who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.

I believe in one, holy, catholic, and apostolic Church. I confess one baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come.

Amen.

It corresponds with signs of the end age in Matther 24:31-- And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds,from one end of the heavens to the other. It represents the coming of Christ to take along with him his chosen ones to be with him which is called The rapture.

There are many nreferences to this in the new testament and the most direct is spoken by Jesus himself in Matthew 24:31

And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call,and they will gather his elect from the four winds,from one end of the heavens to the other." I have spoke to some solid Christians about this and the more solid they are, the more theyt ask the question: "will I be ready in that moment?"

Well, good focus is everything, so let's have a day of focused humble moments, to His Glory

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2013 at 10:02 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q6. (Isaiah 27:12-13) When Isaiah prophesies the gathering of all his people at the sound of a great trumpet call, to what New Testament event does this event does this correspond? 

a.  When I first read these verses, I thought it was about the "Rapture of the Bride" which occurs after Jesus blows the trumpet (The feast of trumpets) and sets the stage for the Marriage Supper of the Lamb in Heaven before the tribulation. (1 Thess 1:10 Jesus Who personally rescues and delivers us out of and from the wrath of God bringing punishment which is coming upon the impenitent and draws us safely to Himself) The references which accompany the Isaiah verses leads me to another conclusion.(Mt 24; Rev 11:15)

The reference in Mt 24 is written specifically to the Jews, rather than to the Church (which didn't exist until after Jesus death and resurrection when the Holy Spirit breathed life into His disciples and they became born again then filled with the Holy Spirit at Pentecost......the beginning of the Church age when the New Covenant was sealed with His shed blood) 

Isaiah 27:12,13  Is referring  to the celebration in Heaven with shouts of joy, after the 7th angel blows a trumpet, (after the first 3 and a half years of the tribulation) " The dominion, kingdom, sovereignty, rule of the world has now come into the possession and become the kingdom of our Lord and His Christ the Messiah, and He shall reign forever and ever!. (At this point during the Tribulation, everyone who will be born again has said "yes" and the believers already in Heaven and those new believers still  on earth)  and are gathered to Him  and the celebration in Heaven begins ...while  on earth the last of God's wrath is poured out on the corrupt unbelieving world.

Q6. (Isaiah 27:12-13) When Isaiah prophesies the gathering of all his people at the sound of a great trumpet call, to what New Testament event does this correspond?

This corresponds to the end of the tribulation, and the establishment of the Kingdom.
    Matthew 24:29-35 (HCSB) 29  “Immediately after the tribulation of those days: The sun will be darkened, and the moon will not shed its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the celestial powers will be shaken. 30  “Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the peoples of the earth will mourn; and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31  He will send out His angels with a loud trumpet, and they will gather His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.

Q6. (Isaiah 27:12-13)

When Isaiah prophesies the gathering of all his people at the sound of a great trumpet call, to what New Testament event does this correspond?

Isaiah was speaking about Jesus’ return. Jesus Himself spoke about His return in Matthew 24:44, “So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him”. Again in John 14:3, He said, “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am”. As we read in Matthew 24:31, He will gather His elect with a loud trumpet call. When He comes the whole world will know Jesus is Lord as He is revealed in all His power and glory!! This sound of the mighty trumpet blast will signal the gathering of God’s people. The final result of Christ’s return will be the judgment of unbelievers and the reward of believers who will live with Christ in a new heaven and a new earth for all eternity. We all look forward to this day!

Matt 24:31 And He will send His Angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Revelation 11:15

The seven angel sounded his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, which said:

"The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of Christ,

and He will reign for ever and ever."

When Isaiah prophesies the gathering of all God's people at the great trumpet call, he is describing Christ's return and how He will gather His people to Him at that time.

Jesus also describes this in Matt. 24:31. "And He will send His angels with a loud trumpet call and will gather His elect from the four winds, from one end of the Heavens to another."

The prophecy of Isaiah gathereing all the people at the sound of the trumpet correspond to the “SEALING OF THE REDEEMED”... as is recorded in the 7th chapter of the Book of Revelations.

After the 6th seal is broken  God tells his angel from the east to restrict the winds from the 4 corners of the earth from harming the earth , the sea nor the trees till the servants of God ( the redeemed) would get the seal of the living God on thier foreheads...these were 144,000 people from the 12 tribes of Israel and a great multitude of nations and peoples of varying tongues,JEWS AND GENTILES WHO HAD BEEN WASHED IN THE BLOOD OF THE LAMB WERE GATHERED and stood before the throne and before the Lamb clothed in white robes and palms in their hands. Then there is a description of honour and happiness for those who had faithfully served Christ and suffered for Him.

This refers to Christ second coming and the gathering of his bride--the global church of true believers as mentioned in Matthew 24:31 and Revelation 7:9-12.

One of the New Testament events that corresponds with the prophesies of Isaiah is (Matthew 24:31) When He sends his angels with a loud call of the trumpet, is when he will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.  

Jesus is echoing the promise to the house of Israel of (Jeremiah 31: 33-34) This shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. 

And they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more. 

The gathering of God’s people in Isaiah’s prophesy refers to the last day when God's children faithful will be gathered from all over the earth. It also refers to the repentance of the Jews and their gathering unto God on the day. 

This corresponds to the Seconding of Jesus Christ.  See Matthew 24 and 25.

• 2 weeks later...
Question 4.5

The sound of the great trumpet to which Isaiah and John of the Revelation refer to is Jesus Christ.  The Jesus event, his birth, life, ministry, trial, crucifixion, and resurrection is that which we as Christological interpreters must point.  It is the resurrection event to which Isaiah points to when he says in verse 19 “Your dead shall live, their corpses shall rise.  O dwellers in the dust, awake and sing for joy!  For your dew is a radiant dew, and the earth will give birth to those long dead”.

winstonY

• 3 weeks later...

When Isaiah prophesizes the gathering of all God's people at the sound of a great trumpet call,the New Testament event this corresponds to is, the rapture of the church.

• 10 months later...

6a)This refers to the angels ingathering of God’s people at the sound of trumpet call.Jesus prophesied this day as well:"And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call,and they will gather his elect from the four winds,from one end of the heavens to the other." (Matthew 24:31)

This study also shows us this passage is part basis for Paul’s conviction finally the Jews will be savedRomans11:26 And so all Israel will be saved; as it is written,“Out of Zion will come the Deliverer;  he will banish ungodliness from Jacob.”27“And this is my covenant with them,    when I take away their sins.” 

John 14:3, He said, “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am”

• 8 months later...

I really feel that this corresponds to the second coming of Christ. The angels will sound a loud trumpet call. It will gather all of the believers from the four corners of the earth.