JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. New Heavens and a New Earth

Q4. (Isaiah 65:17-25) Why do you think the final state is referred to as the new heavens and the new earth? What is new about them? Which verse talks about the end of pain and sorrow? Which verse mentions instant communication? Which verse illustrates the peace of this Kingdom?

• 3 months later...

Q4. (Isaiah 65:17-25)

Why do you think the final state is referred to as the new heavens and the new earth?

What is new about them?

Which verse talks about the end of pain and sorrow?

Which verse mentions instant communication?

Which verse illustrates the peace of this Kingdom?

The new heavens and the new earth here refer to Christ's Kingdom on earth. The Lord will rejoice in Jerusalem and we will see God create a new life for His people. There will be no pain and sorrow (vv. 19-20); the life span will be a hundred years or more; they will build and own houses for themselves; they will plant vineyards and eat their fruit, not for others to eat; labour will be productive; families will be joyful; God's presence will assure instant, two-way communication (v 24);  and the symbol of peace will prevail, even animals will live in harmony with each other - into a covenant of reconciliation and peace (vv. 24-25). 

Why do you think the final state is referred to as the new heavens and the new earth? New because all old things will be passed away, former things will be not remembered here, in the New kingdom of God.

What is new about them? It will be altogether new with no remembrance of the old.

Which verse talks about the end of pain and sorrow? Verse 19 - I will rejoice over Jerusalem, and take delight in my people; the sound of weeping and of crying will be heard in it no more.

Which verse mentions instant communication? Verse 24 - Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear.

Which verse illustrates the peace of this Kingdom? Verse 25 - The wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox, and dust will be the serpent’s food.  They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain,” says the LORD.

Why do you think the final state is referred to as the new heavens and the new earth?  "That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. But in keeping with his
promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness." (2 Peter 3:12b-13)

What is new about them?  "17 Behold, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind. 18 But be glad and rejoice forever in what I will create,
for I will create Jerusalem to be a delight and its people a joy. 19 I will rejoice over Jerusalem and take delight in my people; the sound of weeping and of crying will be heard in it no more."
(65:17-19)

Which verse talks about the end of pain and sorrow? "He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away. He who was seated on the throne said, 'I am making everything new!'" (Revelation 21:4b-5a)

Which verse mentions instant communication? Communication with God will be instantaneous and intuitive.

"Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear." (65:24)

Which verse illustrates the peace of this Kingdom?  "The wolf and the lamb will feed together,
and the lion will eat straw like the ox, but dust will be the serpent's food. They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain, says the LORD." (65:25)

Q4. (Isaiah 65:17-25) Why do you think the final state is referred to as the new heavens and the new earth? What is new about them?
    The millennial time brings Christ to earth to reign over His kingdom. The curse of sin has been lifted.  Jerusalem will be a source of joy, a city where the people are filled with happiness, where a man who reaches 100 years of age is considered still a child, where children will not die prematurely.  It is a time of peace rather than war.  The people will plant and harvest and God will bless them.  Nature will be at peace with them, and there will be instant communication with God, for before we ask He will hear.

Isaiah 65:19b  The sound of weeping and crying will no longer be heard in her.

Isaiah 65:24  Even before they call, I will answer; while they are still speaking, I will hear.

Isaiah 65:25 The wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox, but the serpent’s food will be dust! They will not do what is evil or destroy on My entire holy mountain,” says the LORD.  (from Isaiah 11:6-9).

Q4. (Isaiah 65:17-25) Why do you think the final state is referred to as the new heavens and the new earth? What is new about them?  Which verse talks about the end of pain and sorrow? Which verse mentions instant communication? Which verse illustrates the peace  of this Kingdom?

Call to Jesus, ask him to come soon. There has been enough suffering on this earth. There has been much evil from the evil one. We are desperate for this promise to come true. We can not bear another second of this pathetic suffering foolishness. We are all broken, we are all the same. No man is better or worse. We are all sinners

24 And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the Lord

Oh for his promise of peace to come to pass today!

On 8/2/2013 at 8:46 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q4. (Isaiah 65:17-25) Why do you think the final state is referred to as the new heavens and the new earth?

God is going to re-create them....the old will pass away and all things will become new!

What is new about them?

Jesus will reign from His throne in Jerusalem, which will be a place of rejoicing and her people a joy! Satan will be chained up for 1,000 years! There will be an end to war. The thing which amazes me is that though people will still have the choice to make in choosing Jesus' gift of eternal life, and Satan is bound in prison, there will still be those who reject Him, (v 20b) just as when He walked the streets of Israel during His first coming.

v.19: No more will the sound of weeping be heard, nor the cry of distress. v 20: No premature death. v23: No more sudden terror or calamity.

v 24: Before we call the Lord will answer. While we are still speaking, the Lord will hear. ( I love that His ear is continually tuned to hear our prayers, our every thought, our whispers, our tears.

v.25: The wolf and lamb shall feed together, the lion shall eat straw like the ox, and dust shall be the serpent's food. They shall not hurt or destroy in all My holy Mount Zion, says the Lord.

Q4. (Isaiah 65:17-25) Why do you think the final state is referred
to as the new heavens and the new earth? What is new about them?
Which verse talks about the end of pain and sorrow? Which verse
mentions instant communication? Which verse illustrates the peace
of this Kingdom?

The old heaven and earth will pass away and just as it was in the beginning there will be a perfect heaven and earth and once again God will dwell with His people.

End of pain and sorrow: 19

instant communication: 24 I think what we have now is relatively fast but the new instant communication will make this look like dial up in the boonies. (very slow)

Peace in the kingdom:25

God Bless!

Jen

Romans 15:13

Q4. (Isaiah 65:17-25) Why do you think the final state is referred to as the new heavens and the new earth?  

After a destruction of the heavens and the earth and a catastrophic judgement the LORD WILL CREATE A NEW STATE  which is to be for God’s Redeemed people., a state free of oppression.

What is new about them?

It will be a state where there will be only joy and good health ...the former misery will pass away and there will be no sorrow, tears , sickness , pain or death..

V 19 talks of no more weeping and mourning  which is a result of ending pain and sorrow

Ch 65 v 24 “Before they call I will answer;while they are yet speaking I will hear.

There will be no harm or destruction and all will live in harmony together the wolf and the lamb the lion and the ox;  serpent will not harm .

Q4. (Isaiah 65:17-25) Why do you think the final state is referred to as the new heavens and the new earth? The sinless state of the Garden of Eden is restored, set free from its bondage of decay; it will be a "FRESH", a "NEW" beginning.

What is new about them? No longer will death be its sting, instead (Isaiah 51:11) the redeemed of the LORD will return, and come with singing unto Zion; and everlasting joy will be upon their head: they shall obtain gladness and joy; for a new wine is found in God’s servants.

Which verse talks about the end of pain and sorrow? (Isaiah 65:19) I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.

Which verse mentions instant communication? (Isaiah 65:24) It shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear. No longer will He hide his face from them.

Which verse illustrates the peace of this Kingdom? (Isaiah 65:25) The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, said the LORD, the prophesy of (Isa 11:4-6) being fulfilled is when righteousness, faithfulness, fruits of the meek will fill the earth, when the wolf also dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

I think the final state is referred to as the new heaven and the new earth because all the old will pass away and new will be established when Christ returns and puts His enemies under His feet. He will establish His Kingdom and it will be different than the one we know. In fact, the old will not even be remembered.

What will be new for one, is that only the redeemed will be there. God will delight in us and the sound of weeping and crying won't ever be heard. We will be liberated from pain both physical and emotional. He will wipe every tear from our eyes. Death will be no more. There will be no more mourning. Communication with God will be instantaneous and intuitive. "Before they call I will answer, while they are still speaking I will hear." There will be peace! Wonderful peace and unity! He will make ALL things new!

Pain and sorrow: Verse 19

Instant communication: Verse 24

Peace in the Kingdom: Verse 25

1. Why do you think the final state is referred to as the new Heaven and Earth?

- There will be no memory of the former things. No more death or suffering.

2. What is new about them?

-Joy, peace and freedom forever.

3. Which verse talks about the end of pain and sorrow?

-Isa 65:19/Rev 21:4)

"HE WILL WIPE EVERY TEAR FROM THEIR EYES. THERE WILL BE NO MORE DEATH OR MOURNING OR CRYING OR PAIN, FOR THE OLD ORDER OF THINGS HAS PASSED AWAY."

4. Which verse mention instant communication?

-Isa 65:24

"BEFORE THEY CALL I WILL ANSWER; WHILE THEY ARE STILL SPEAKING I WILL HEAR."

5. Which verse illustrate the peace of His kingdom?

-Isa 11:6-9/65:25

"THE WOLF AND LAMB WILL FEED TOGETHER, AND THE LION WILL EAT STRAW LIKE THE OX, BUT DUST WILL BE THE SERPENT'S FOOD. THEY WILL NEITHER HARM NOR DESTROY ON ALL MY HOLY MOUNTAIN."

Q4. (Isaiah 65:17-25) Why do you think the final state is referred to as the new heavens and the new earth?

The present world is corrupted by sin. God is going to make all things new. Unlike it was at the time of the flood, when everything was simply washed away and then grew again on the existing world, when the time comes God will "Make everything new".

What is new about them?

The new Jerusalem, the dwelling place of God and mankind together, will have God for its light. The splendor will be unbelievable to mortal eyes, but when that time comes we'll be immortal together with Jesus, inheriting all this as God's adopted children and Jesus' adopted brothers and sisters. So what's new about them . . . EVERYTHING!

Isaiah 65:19

Isaiah 65:24

Isaiah 65:25

People argue whether the new heaven and new earth is the eternal (final) state, an intermediate (due to the mention of death still existing) or the physical restoration of Israel. Regardless, I see a restoration of true sabbath and rest where we are no longer in fear of conflict and rebelling, but our relationship with God is fully restored to a right relationship with Him.

Our memories and guilt of past sins will vanish and replace with overwhelming joy. In verse 19 it is proclaimed that there will be no more "sound of weeping and the cry of distress." In verse 24, God will answer every desire without hesitation or delay. He will instantaneously communicate with His people in intimate fashion will cannot fathom.

In this newly restored world, all of creation will be hugely in God's debt and they will finally live in harmony and peace with each other.

• 4 weeks later...
Question 11 -4
In Exodus God is with a people in a different stage of their religious development than those in the sixth century B.C.  In Moses’ time the people were really just experiencing a relationship with Yahweh after having been oppressed as slaves for years.  They had no real sense of Yahweh ‘who tells Moses to “... have them make me a sanctuary so that I may dwell among them.”  The presence of the tent sanctuary amongst the people would remind them of the presence of the Lord Yahweh amongst them.
Years later in the time of Isaiah the people had become Yahweh’s people but the sense of Yahweh had eroded.  The splendor and awe of the temple had created a temple worship amongst the people.  King David had wanted to build a temple of cedar but Nathan’s oracle (2 Sam 7:1-14) suggests that is not to be what Yahweh wanted from David.  Yahweh tells Nathan that he will raise up of spring from David’s body who will build a house and will establish a kingdom, the throne of which will last forever. (2 Sam 7:12-17)
Solomon mistakenly thinks that he is the off spring to do this but his kingdom was divided shortly after his death.  It seems as though no one foresaw that the prophecy of Nathan spoke not of Solomon but of Jesus a descendent of David who established the kingdom of God on the earth.  A kingdom of justice for all. Yahweh was his father and Jesus the servant was his son and the kingdom lasts forever. 
Thus there grew up around this awesome temple a ‘temple cult’ - people worshiped the temple rather than Yahweh.  Their worship has become trite.  It is not personal and the people, especially the leaders, have not developed a personal relationship with Yahweh.  What Yahweh wants is , “But this is the one to whom  I will look, to the humble and contrite in spirit, who trembles at my word.” (66:2b)

winston y

• 4 weeks later...

I think that the reason that the final state is referred to as the new heavens and new earth is because they will be new. God is going to do away with what is here right now and create something new.

Isaiah 65:19 talks about the end of pain and sorrow.

Isaiah 65:24 mentions instant communication.

Isaiah 65:25 illustrates the peace of this Kingdom.

• 6 years later...
On 8/2/2013 at 4:46 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q4. (Isaiah 65:17-25) Why do you think the final state is referred to as the new heavens and the new earth? What is new about them? Which verse talks about the end of pain and sorrow? Which verse mentions instant communication? Which verse illustrates the peace of this Kingdom?

I think it’s called “New” because this time Creation will have different circumstances in which to live. God will once again walk among us, but this time we as humans won’t have any worldly concerns or fears, which is different from our current situation.

Verse 65:19 talks about the end of pain and sorrow.

Verse 65:24 talks about “instant communication” with God.

Verse 65:25 talks about there being peace.

• 2 years later...

The old heavens and earth will be destroyed. The new heavens and earth will be a new beginning  for Jerusalem, the home of the righteousness. The old will be forgotten

A place to rejoice, no sin, no wars, no more sorrow

v.19: No more will the sound of weeping be heard, nor the cry of distress. v 20: No premature death. v23: No more sudden terror or calamity.

Isaiah 65:24 “Before they call I will answer;while they are yet speaking I will hear.