JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Value

Q4. (1:18-19) Have you ever felt you were of no worth or of no value?(1:18-19) Have you ever felt you were of no worth or of no value? What does 1 Peter 1:18-19 say about your worth? What does it say about God's love for you? What does it indicate about the long-term value of your balance sheet and financial assets? What are your true long-term investments? Why?

Past time is experience for better life. I believe we must learn from our felt. Bring to God and He gives us from Holy Spirit love and Salvation as Holiness. 

Our father knows what the children need for life please Dialog with Him all the time. Because we say He is most rich God. Amin.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q4. (1:18-19) Have you ever felt you were of no worth or of no value? What does 1 Peter 1:18-19 say about your worth? What does it say about God's love for you? What does it indicate about the long-term value of your balance sheet and financial assets? What are your true long-term investments? Why?

I think that every person feels at times that they have no worth period, but this is not true. We have been purchased by the precious blood of Christ shed for us on the cross of cruelty.

Long term investments are in our faith and belief in Christ - that is our future, that is our hope that is our eternity.

Yes, but I know now that I am worth more than my weight in gold. I am more precious than the finest gold. My finances and possessions will all fade away. The true long-term investment is believing. because that's where my inheritance more than I can ever imagine

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2004 at 1:39 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q4. (1:18-19) Have you ever felt you were of no worth or of no value? What does 1 Peter 1:18-19 say about your worth? What does it say about God's love for you? What does it indicate about the long-term value of your balance sheet and financial assets? What are your true long-term investments? Why?

I know my parents loved me and did their best and I thank God for them.  My marriage was not the best and I did no feel loved and I had low self-worth. 

It was at this time that someone witnessed to me about Jesus' love and that he died for me. I surrendered my life to Christ and he revealed His love for me and he counts my life as precious and I gives me my self worth.

No use building up treasures here on earth. Money goes faster than it comes and we can't take it with us when we die. The scriptures says in Matt. 6:19Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: 20But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: 21For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

My true long term investments are living a life that is pleasing to God, spending time in His presence in prayer and worship, telling others about Jesus, looking forward to His coming.

• 4 weeks later...

Sometimes.  Especially when I fail to resist temptation so often.

That I am redeemed by the precious blood of Christ.

A deep & true love--bringing value to my life.

You should be able to tell a lot about a person by looking at his/her checkbook--or bank statement. 

I need to be out witnessing more & invest time in my relationships.

• 3 weeks later...

Given a circumstance, I might feel of no worth or no value.  In 1 Peter 1:1819 Peter says it is the precious blood of Christ that we were redeemed.  The say that God loves us beyond measure, He shed his blood for us,  We are of more value to God than any thing else in this world. In long-term value we are valueless, no price or value can compare to where God has position us for eternity. 

• 6 months later...

On many occasions I have been made to feel I am of no value or worth anything by people who should be encourging me along the way.                                                                                                            1 Peter 1:18-19,Tell me that I am worth more than I can imagine because I was purchase with the precious blood of Jesus.    I say God really love me to give his only beggotten son to die for   me.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   It say that my debts are paid in full.  My long term investment are to take my eyes off this world and the things in the world and look to him because my investment and treasures are store up for me above and not down here,                                                                                                                                                     

• 2 years later...
On 1/30/2004 at 12:39 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

This passage tells us our worth is more valuable than the world's best and that God was willing to spill His Son's blood to redeem us for His glory.  These verses should level set us with regards to 401K's and brokerage accounts.  Not that we shouldn't be good stewards and save/prepare, but this shouldn't be our main focus as all will be burned.  The best long-term investment is the kingdom because it pays dividends into eternity.  

• Pastor Ralph changed the title to Q4. Value
  • 4 months later...

Frankly, I often feel worthless and of no use to God. Though the fact that Christ redeemed me from my sins -- and that His blood is precious, He was chosen before I was born for such a task ... for YOUR/my sake -- should make me feel that God loves me, it mostly makes me feel unworthy.

The section we are learning in I Peter starts with an admonition to live in fear as a foreigner on earth and does not mention God's love though it's implied in His actions. IT's a passage about judgment and His command to holy lives.

Regarding earthly possessions: If I'm a fear-fllled (Reverent) foreigner on earth for a very short time, my earthly assets don't matter. All that matters is that my blip of time on earth leads to a longer/eternal time in heaven.