JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Submitting to the King

Pastor Ralph

Q2. What are the personal implications of Yahweh being your King and of Jesus being the Messiah sent from God? What are the advantages of being the subject of Yahweh as King? What does it mean for you to submit to the King on an everyday basis? How does a person reject Yahweh from being King over him or her?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus Christ is repeatedly identified in the NT as Savior and Lord. He is to be received in two ways, as our humble Redeemer and as our glorious Sovereign. Some people never make a genuine confession of faith in the first place, and so they never submit. Many people take the first step of receiving Him as Savior, but never really move to the second step of submitting to Him as Lord of their lives. In the NT, Paul clearly identifies that you can be a Christian but also still be very carnal. I believe that carnal Christian hasn't fully taken the second step in the relationship with Christ of humbling self to His authority as Lord and King.

This brings to mind an encounter recorded in Scripture. I've always been intrigued by the man's plea to Jesus, "I believe, but Lord, would you help my unbelief?" How can you believe and yet not believe? I'm sure there are several lessons in this, but what the Lord showed me was that we believe on different levels. I think most people respond to the conviction of sin and acceptance of salvation on an emotional level, which is fine because God built emotions into us for good reason. As newborn Christians, we begin with a simple faith that's real but somewhat superficial, for lack of a better word. Over time, that faith is expected to grow deeper and deeper until it permeates the mind and will as well - places where we don't just react, but choose how to act. This is a level where we make practical, deliberate decisions to submit to the authority of the King in the thoughts, words, and deeds that comprise the daily moments of our lives. We must come to the point where what we say we believe is outwardly evident in our conduct, attitudes, relationships, choices, behaviors. It can no longer be all about what we think or feel or desire. It must become all about the righteousness, peace, and joy of the King and His Kingdom.

When I submit to Him as my Sovereign King and my highest goal is to know Him and serve His kingdom, I put myself in good hands. He has promised to reign over me with perfect wisdom, to do what is right and good for me, to guard and protect and defend me, and to provide for everything I need in the natural and spiritual realms. And my King is true and faithful to His promises!

I think when we believe but live in unbelief, when we ignore or defy the Word, when we esteem self more highly than Christ, we are rejecting Him as King. He is to be the Sovereign Authority, not us.

Q2. What are the personal implications of Yahweh being your King and of Jesus being the Messiah sent from God? What are the advantages of being the subject of Yahweh as King? What does it mean for you to submit to the King on an everyday basis? How does a person reject Yahweh from being King over him or her?

The King is the object of all my love and worship, to Him I owe obedience to His Word and to serve Him in reverance. I am a part of His kingdom and share all He has. On a daily basis I give over my day and will to my Father and King. I reject my Lord God, King of Kings when I go against His word and will for my life and choose to follow after my own desires or feelings. I need to pray for the Holy Spirits guidance on a daily basis.

If I acknowledge God as my King and Jesus as the Messiah, I must also live it with my whole life. I need to be subject to Him; I need to honor Him; I need to give my entire life and possessions to Him to use as He may; I need to put Him in my driver's seat.

With God as ruler in my life, I can count on Him never changing. Since He is all-wise & I know He loves me, He is the best to lead me. He, the most powerful, will defeat my enemies.

Each day I must acknowledge Him as the Lord of my life. I must communicate with Him--through His Word, through prayer. I must obey what He reveals to me. I need to be open to His leading.

A person rejects Him when he refuses to obey; when he is independent/prideful not willing to submit to God; when he chooses the world and what the world has to offer--including human beings who are given idol status; not giving God the glory He deserves, nor giving his own life and desires to his King.

Tithing was given as support to the King, just as a tithing is to be given to Yahweh. Under the new covenant we should also give our 10% and more if we feel led.

The Lord loves a cheerful giver and blesses those who give with a thankful heart. We are to be good stewards of what God gives us and to give first to the Lord of all that we receive.

The personal implications of Yahweh as my King are complete submission to his rule over my life and of Jesus as Messiah to is to live each day ready, and watching for His return.

As subject to Yaheweh as my King I can anticipate the full benfit of His love and devotion to me, as outlined in the many promises throughout the scritpures.

To submit to the King on a daily basis is to live a holy lifestyle, guided by the Holy Spirit, foresaking the world and it's lusts, remembering the weakness of the flesh, repenting when we acquiesce to it's sinful nature and resisting the devil. Fight the good fight of faith.

We reject Yahweh each time we rebel against His commandments, when we choose the world over our salvation.

Yahweh being my King and Jesus being my Messiah sent from God means everything to me. I am willing to submit to them in a way that I wouldn't want to submit to an earthly King. I know that they always have my benefit and best interest in mind in whatever they ask me to do. What they have is mine because I'm a child of the King. I have never received unconditional love from a human being. I know that whatever I do or fail to do will be forgiven when I humbly ask for forgiveness.

My day will go much better when I submit to Jesus Christ and ask for His strength, guidance and protection. A person rejects Yahweh from being King over him or her when that person chooses to do as he/she pleases even knowing it is against the will of God.

What are the personal implications of Yahweh being our King and Jesus being the Messiah sent by God?

I am a subject of Yahweh as my King. He is my ruler. It is His decrees that I obey. His commands supercede all others. It means that I follow His teachings and His word completely and unhestitatingly. He is the ultiamte guide and the ultimate authority in my life. The personal implications are as comprehensive. I am His and obey Him in everything. Jesus is the way to the Father, to the King of all nations. The Father sent Him to earth to be the bridge between fallen sinful man and God, our Father and King. Through Jesus I am transformed and reborn in Him. I am justified through baptism and have life in abundance. With Jesus within me, controlling all, I try to radiate His love in everything I do. Following Him is the purpoae of my life.

What are the advantages of being subject to Yahweh as King?

The advantage is the dedication of my life to the absolute truth; obeying what is absolutely incontravertably correct. Anything else would fall short of this and my life would lose purpose. He is the ultimate authority and the only authority I know should follow.

What does it mean to submit to the King on an everyday basis?

It means to follow His word in everything I do. It determines how I approach everything: what I believe; how I approach my work, friends, colleagues; how I witness; how I study and pray; how I worship; what my moral and ethical behaviour should be. There is no aspect of my life that is not affected by my total submission to the will of Yahweh. But submission brings with it great joy and peace for God helps us to follow His way so submission to Him is transforming and enpowering.

How does a person reject Yahweh from being King over him or her?

They reject God by not following His commandments and His teaching. They place something else above Yahweh; they worship something or somebody instead of Him. Their priorities do not place God at the centre in their lives as they should. By rejection they remain in a state of sin and this leads inevitably to death, a state where they will be separated from God.

Q2. What are the personal implications of Yahweh being your King and of Jesus being the Messiah sent from God?

In claiming Yahweh as my King, I have come to the understanding of who He is! He is who He says He is, all-powerful, and sovereign God; He is behind everything and everything must be traced back to Him. He is the God of Israel. The Messiah sent from God, I must understand is the anointed one of God, enpowered by God's spirit to establish His kingdom, a spiritual kingdom. He is God. Jesus is our Messiah (John 4:25-26) Our claiming the Messiah as our King, our redeemer, opened the doorway into the King of Kings, Israel's King Yahweh.

What are the advantages of being the subject of Yahweh as King?

We now are the children, heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if we indeed suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together (Rom. 8:16) We are sealed with the seal of the Holy Spirit, who guarantees our inheritance, those who are redeemed by the blood. If we are Christ's, the Messiah, than we are of the seed of Abraham's and heirs according to the promise (Gal 3:26) Yahweh's King is our King.

What does it mean for you to submit to the King on an everyday basis?

To love the Lord God with all my heart, soul, and mind. To love my neighbor as myself. Not to cheat, rob, deceive, think evil of.

How does a person reject Yahweh from being King over him or her? By rejecting the anointed one, the Messiah, Jesus. By putting oneself first, leaving behind the garments of God's rightouesness, not walking in the light of the Word of God.

Without Yahweh as my King and Jesus my Messiah I would not have a purpose here. Everyday of my life has been given to God. I don't know what my life would have been or would be without him in it. I don't know what I would have to look forward to if man ruled over my life. I can't imagine a world without God ruling over it. I can't even think about life without him in it. I don't know what I would do or where I would be if it wasn't for the Lord. Not being able to communicate with God would be horrible, that is why I am so thankful to the Lord my Savior for all that he has done for us all believer and non believer. I could never repay the Messiah for what he has given to me. I don't know how a person could reject Yahweh for being King over us because I have never had that thought. I know there are those who do reject him but I hope before it is to late that the truth is revealed to them.

For me, Jesus being the Messiah, Yahweh being my King is the basis of my faith,

He is all to me, and my whole life is spent every day trying to please Him, If I accept Him as my King then I need to be obedient to Him, respect Him, honor Him, be joyful in His presence, acknowledge Him as King, show to all the World that this is the One I accept to be my Lord and Master.

This King knows everything about me, He sustains and keeps me, this is what it means to have Yahweh as my King and to be subject to Him. Life without Him is no more a life worth living, and everyday for me, is talking to Him, learning from him, surrendering totally to Him, and accepting what great sacrifice Christ made for me. Indeed, greater love no man has than this, than to lay His life down for me, to become like me so that I could become like Him. What manner of Love is this??

By not believing in the Word of God, one has automatically rejected Yahweh as King over him or her. By deliberately disobeying God is rejecting Him, by following our own desires, and planning things the way we want without seeking the face of God is rejecting Him :lol:

Having Yahweh as King - - is the ultimate - - His character is unchanging - He is just - He is merciful - He loves us - and the list goes on. We each day can submit to that King because of who he is and how He is going to react in our lives - - HE IS MY EVERYTHING!

To reject Him - is to not serve Him to live under the rule of the temporary reigning person of satan in this world - to not live according to God's preepts.

What are the personal implications of Yahweh being your King and of Jesus being the Messiah sent from God?
My allegiance must be to Yahweh first and above all. He demands a life of holiness and service to him. Jesus served as our example of submission to the King, even with His very life. On a practical level, this means service to others, especially

Jesus is not just my Saviour but my Lord. That means that I am under him in ALL things. With Yahweh as my King I submit to him everyday. This does not mean that I do things because of Law but because of Love. I obey His Word in everything because I love Him. I reject Yahweh by not submitting my will to His, by doing it my way. Complete independence is a way of rejecting God. Lack of belief in God is also a way of rejecting Him. Disobedience is rejection. When Jesus is Lord, disobedience is not an option. This is what Kingly authority means to me.

The Personal Implications of Yahweh being our King is that we have more freedom to go to Him as Father, we being the child of the King.

Jesus being Messiah sent from God - How He must LOVE me! If I was the only one in the world, He still would have died for me and my sins. How can you ever even try to describe such LOVE? No one else could ever LOVE me like that!

The advantages of being the subject of Yahweh as King is that we can enter the Throne Room at will.

Because I love Him with all my heart, I want to submit to Him and follow His Law.

To reject Yahweh as King is to reject Jesus Yashua as Savior.

It can be seen by Whom rules your life. By the way we walk and by the way we talk. How we worship Jesus. He will go before us and make the way clear for us . By letting the King lead you daily in your walk through this journey. Study to show yourself approved. Your needs will be met. By loving everyone as yourself and following the commandments. By doing the worldly of the past and not reading the Bible daily and ignoring the Holy Spirit's promptings.

A king rules completely. Whatever he says is law and must be obeyed. It is very wise to please a king for the punishment may be severe! Yahweh is King and Lord. It is wise to see to it that everything that I do is in line with what He wants. I actually want to draw near to Him and participate in His court. Therefore I need to demonstrate that I am trustworthy to be in that place. Therefore I will be very aware of his wishes in every respect and carry them out absolutely, so that He knows I respect His authority and support it passionately. I want to be one of the trusted ones in His presence. I will treat His Son in the same way.

The advantages are multitudinous! Yahweh is very wealthy and given to distributing His wealth liberally to His favoured subjects (to those who produce 10 fold, ten cities, to those who produce 5fold, five cities ). Therefore I wish to use my talents productively and creatively for His pleasure, and receive His favour. Yahweh is also kind and merciful, so that if I make a mistake I can ask Him for forgiveness and receive it with His blessing. However, I had better not abuse that privilege for Yahweh is not to be mocked! Yahweh also has all the wisdom and knowhow for every situation that I might face, and I can ask for that wisdom and receive it with certainty. His instruction for conducting my affairs in a safe and productive way are clear, and He has given me the ability to prosper. He applauds my overcoming as do the great cloud of witnesses who have gone before me and the rewards in this life and in eternity are greatly to be longed for! I could go on forever about this....

To submit to a king is to agree with everything He says and to perform it. He has the authority to elevate me or to decapitate me. If he is a good king his subjects will love him. If he is not a good king, still they will obey him because of his power over them. In the French revolution they removed his head, but this is most rare and was heavily provoked by the uncaring behaviour of the king. Our Jesus is a joy to serve!

Ignorance is the way to reject Yahweh. No-one, really knowing Him will reject Him. Jesus asked for forgiveness of our ignorance when He was on the cross. There is no need for us to be ignorant, as all creation indicates that He is! According to Romans 1:20 we have no excuse. However God does help us by having the gospel preached throughout all the world and we are the most spoiled generation in this sense with all the teaching that we can access. The question for us is, with all this teaching we can reject Yahweh with apathy, unresponsiveness, or lack of passionate love, which is the greatest danger of our times.

Once we become believers and enter the Kingdom of God through the doorway -Jesus Christ, we surrender our citizenship in the world to become naturalized citizens of the Kingdom of heaven. We also become participants of the benefits and the royal priviledges of God's Kingdom. As long as we tend to Our Father's business, He will provide everything we need:( Math.6:33-34) Do not worry about tomorrow!"But seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you." God will grant us royal favor and honor and will withold no good thing...(Ps.84:11) We are promised security and protection

He will command His angels concerning us to guard us in all our ways (Ps.91:11-12) We will also have delegated authority to be Ambassodors of Christ (John 17:18-19. 2 Cor.5:20) We have the promise for God's provision for security and welfare:"I have been young and now I am old, Yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his descendants begging bread. He is merciful and lends, and his descendants are blessed." (Ps.37:25-26)

In Christ we are citizens of the Kingdom of heaven and all the resourses of that Kingdom are available to us to help us live in victory on a daily basis.

THERE IS DEFINITELY A CONNECTION HERE.GOD IS MY GOD,AND HE PROVIDED A WAY FOR ME TO BE IN HIS HOLY PRESENCE,FORGING ME OF MY SINS,BY SENDING JESUS ,WHO BECAME A HUMAN SACRIFICE,WITHOUT SIN ( THE LAMB OF GOD).AS WE HAVE ACCEPTED JESUS AS OUR SAVIOR,IT IS THE MOST PERSONEL CONNECTION WE COULD MAKE.THEREFOR WE ACCEPT GOD (YAHWEH) AS KING,LORD OF OUR LIFE,MESSIAH SENT FROM GOD(WHO IS GOD)WHO BECAME MAN,AND IS OUR SAVIOR.(KING OF ALL kings)(LORD OF ALL lords)

TO SUBMIT MYSELF TO THE KING ON AN EVERYDAY BASIS,IS LIVING WITH HIM,JUST AS IF HE IS RIGHT BESIDE ME.I PRAY WITH HIM,I TALK WITH HIM ,I CRY WITH HIM,I SUFFER WITH HIM,I HAVE TO ASK MYSELF ,DO I KNOW WHAT SUFFERING REALLY IS?I SEE SUFFERING,AND READ IN THE NEWS OF SUFFERING.DO I FEAR SUFFERING,OR AM I WILLING TO SUBMIT MYSELF TO SUFFERING FOR THE SAKE JESUS CHRIST?.IF I DO SUFFER,GOD WILL BE WITH ME. SO MANY QUESTIONS I ASK MYSELF.

NOW IF I REJECT YAHWEH FROM BEING KING,THEN I SEPERATE MYSELF FROM ALL THE THINGS THAT WOULD BE GIVEN TO ME.AGAIN I QUESTION MYSELF.DO I WANT TO TAKE THAT CHANCE OF LIVING IN THIS WORLD WITHOUT YAHWEH?WHAT ARE MY CHANCES OF SURVIVAL?NOT MUCH!

4]When I accept Yahweh as my King and Jesus as the Messiah sent from God, it means that I am a subject of the Most High King. I am a privileged citizen of His Kingdom. I am eligible for all the benefits that the King gives to His subjects. By the King I am recognised as His subject, His citizen. He empowers me and holds me responsible for the works that He has entrusted me to do. Through Jesus, I am renewed in the Spirit day by day, held close to Him and enabled in the Spirit to obey Him and do His works. Walking in the footsteps of the King and obeying Him always means I am in subjection to the King. Obeying His laws, doing my duties and shouldering my responsibilities gives me added joy and satisfaction. If I don't do the above, then it means that I am my own king and don't accept the authority of anyone in my life.[/color] [/size]

The implications are that I Bow to the King of all the Earth, Bow to His Son of righteousness. I recognise The Eternal God of Heaven as Sovreign King, and wholeheartedly submit to His will, His way and His Word. Simarily I submit to His Son as Lord of my life. He has been sent by the Father. As I would receive the Father I also receive the Son.

Knowing that He is my King, all of my battles are won. There is nothing within His Sovreign will for me that I cannot have. I.e. health, prosperity (to give to those in need), etc. He is my strong tower, shield and buckler. When my enemies are in the gate He comes to my rescue.

It means that my submitting is a relinquishing of my will, desire, direction to follow His path and the life outlined for me. It means I have to learn to trust Him in all things, though I cannot see Him as He guides me I know He's there and for is me. It means my peace and joy and soundness of mind, confidence and assurance to face every day and what ever life has for me.

By purposing to do their own will. It starts with the letter "I", satan said I will 5 times, Nebachadnezzar said what I have built, Herod refused to give God Glory when his speech was said to be as one of the gods. When people want to do it their own way, which seems right to a man but the end leads to death. People reject God because they've been told that they're gods. I pulled myself up by my own boot straps, self made men.

As a child of the King, I accept Him as the final authority in my life. He is one to be reverend as the One who is all-knowing. Yes, it is difficult to submit to the One who is a King because I, as an American, love my freedom of choice. But as I realize who my King is, it becomes easier to submit to him. I have all trust in Him for He is a Righteous Ruler and will always provide for me. His ways will always be the right ways

The personal implications of Yahweh being your king and Jesus being your messiah sent from God.

Well personal implications I can see is that life is hard and their are alot of choices and alot of

possessions we have and people we are to relate with and or be responsible for and if Yahweh is

our king and Jesus our messiah(savior) then actually they are there to tell us what to do and how

to do it. They are there to lift us up and say yes you are relating rightly to that person and yes you

used that money or possession in a way that pleases and blesses yahweh and you have been

good in handleing that Jesus will say to his father " This person has handled things as well as we have

wanted her to so let's trust her with more or she has related to those people well let her help these

and more people. I think it has it's advantages even if we are under Yahweh and Jesus . They are

there to help us alos. I think the advantages are with getting more to be trusted with.

To submit on a daily basis means to come to Jesus and Yahweh in prayer each day alone and

praise him and worship him and share your problems or challenges for the day and say Lord

Guide me in these relationships in these projects and in useing these finances etc... and then

try to use them in ways that are just and righteous and all treat people fair and just.

In order to reject Yahweh and Jesus as king over your life you have to just ignore them and

not communicate with them and do things your way even when you know it is not the right way

and that your are going to cause harm to people etc.... You do it your way not God's way.

You have not communication with God or Jesus. or you do the opposite of what they say.

The personal implication of Yahweh being my King is to accept Him as the final authority in my life.

One advantage of being the subject of Yahweh as King, is He has promised to help us through any trials or tribulations in our christian walk.

Submitting to God as King on a daily basis means we give Him control of every part of our life.

A person rejects Yahweh from being King in their life by basically doing their own thing rather seeking God's will for their life. There are those who accept Jesus as Savior in order to escape hell, but aren't willing to let Him be Lord of their life. Either He is both our Savior or Lord or He is neither.