JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Lord of Lords and Governments

Pastor Ralph

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All governments and rulers, lawmakers, and judges have a profound responsibility to accurately represent the righteousness and justice of the King of all kings to the nations, for He is the Supreme Ruler and Authority as Creator and Owner of the earth and everything in it. What a fearful thing. If only the leaders of the world understood and believed this truth! I think they'd be shaking in their boots at being accountable to the Living God, rather than so often being self-righteous and arrogant with earthly power.

Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD, the people whom he has chosen as his heritage! (Psalm 33:12) I think Yahweh has made it abundantly clear that His blessing on a nation is directly tied to the allegiances of the people. With the increasing cultural and political pressure to remove God from public life, we are selling ourselves out to many other gods. In doing so, we are cursing ourselves - to death.

The King will not be mocked or defied without retribution. He warns, "See, I am setting before you today a blessing and a curse: the blessing, if you obey the commandments of the LORD your God, which I command you today, and the curse, if you do not obey the commandments of the LORD your God, but turn aside from the way that I am commanding you today, to go after other gods that you have not known". (Deut. 11:26-28) In perfect justice, if God rewards obedience, He must also recompense disobedience. I don't think He curses nations or people like some kind of voodoo thing. But He has laid out His plan and given the world a choice.

When we reject Him as our King, we have chosen to accept the resulting curse and wrath of God. "Take care lest your heart be deceived, and you turn aside and serve other gods and worship them; then the anger of the LORD will be kindled against you." (Deut. 11:16-17) May God have mercy on us.

The history rich Old Testament clearly illustrates that a nation which is governed by God is a blessed nation.

Blessings increase as a nation adheres to Him as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Sadly, as He makes a nation rich, carnality rears it's ugly head and secularism becomes king. The very wealth that Yahweh blessed a nation with becomes that nation's God, and the Lord of Lords becomes a diminished reality, soon forgotten by the majority. This is clearly evident in modern Europe and increasingly apparent in the US. Daniel 9:5-14 answers the third part of this question.

Q3. What are the implications for governments that Yahweh is the King of kings and Lord of lords? What are the implications of removing God" from a nation's currency and pledges, and ardently secularizing national life? Where does that put a nation with regard to God the King?

The scripture tells us "blessed is the nation whose God is Lord. As in the case of the USA - a small contingent of special interest folks want to kick God out of everything - - yes it is hard to legistlate morality - but we must honor the true God in all we do. He will bless a nation that is in allegiance with Him and working for His Kingdom - - but because He is a just God - He will also curse and consequence a nation that turns from His ways. - - save for the few true believers - - the USA is spared for the time being!

Q3. What are the implications for governments that Yahweh is the King of kings and Lord of lords?

February 16, 1809 John Adams wrote: The Hebrews have done more to civilize men than any other nation...(God) ordered the jews to preserve and propagate to all mankind the doctrine of a suprme, intelligent, wise, almighty sovereign of the universe...(which is) to be the great essential principle of morality, and consequently all civilization.

On July 4, 1821, John Quincy Adams stated: From the day of the Declaration ... they (the American people) were bound by the laws of God, which they all, and by the laws of the Gospel, which they nearly all, acknowledge as the rules of their conduct."

What are the implications of removing God" from a nation's currency and pledges, and ardently secularizing national life?

George Washington, 1789, Inaugural Address -- "The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."

Abraham Lincoln, 1863 Proclamation of National Fast "It behooves us then to humble ourselves before the offended Power, to confess our national sins and to pray for clemency and forgiveness."

Where does that put a nation with regard to God the King?

Archibald Alexander Hodge (1823-1886) was a prominent author and theologian at Princeton College, he explained to America: The kingdom of God includes all sides of human life, and it is a kingdom of absolute righteousness. You are either a loyal subject or a traitor. When the king comes, how will he find you doing? I charge you, citizens of the united States, afloat on your wide sea of politics, THERE IS ANOTHER KING, ONE JESUS: THE SAFETY OF THE STATE CAN BE SECURED ONLY IN THE WAY OF HUMBLE AND WHOLE -SOULED LOYALTY TO HIS PERSON AND OF OBEDIENCE TO HIS LAW. -----

Are we making our voice heard in this world of liberalism? --- I must leave with this thought. God will bless those who blesses the Nation of Israel, and He will curse those who curses the nation of Israel. God promised Abraham that "in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed" Through the birth of Christ - direct descendant of Abraham through Isaac, Jacob, and Judah -- God fulfilled this promise as well. In this way Abraman's seed has indeed blessed all the nations of the earth. Pray for the peace of Jerusalem.

Q3. What are the implications for governments that Yahweh is the King of kings and Lord of lords?

February 16, 1809 John Adams wrote: The Hebrews have done more to civilize men than any other nation...(God) ordered the jews to preserve and propagate to all mankind the doctrine of a suprme, intelligent, wise, almighty sovereign of the universe...(which is) to be the great essential principle of morality, and consequently all civilization.

On July 4, 1821, John Quincy Adams stated: From the day of the Declaration ... they (the American people) were bound by the laws of God, which they all, and by the laws of the Gospel, which they nearly all, acknowledge as the rules of their conduct."

What are the implications of removing God" from a nation's currency and pledges, and ardently secularizing national life?

George Washington, 1789, Inaugural Address -- "The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."

Abraham Lincoln, 19863 Proclamation of National Fast "It behooves us then to humble ourselves before the offended Power, to confess our national sins and to pray for clemency and forgiveness."

Archibald Alexander Hodge (1823-1886) was a prominent author and theologian at Princeton College, he explained to America: The kingdom of God includes all sides of human life, and it is a kingdom of absolute righteousness. You are either a loyal subject or a traitor. When the king comes, how will he find you doing? I charge you, citizens of the united States, afloat on your wide sea of politics, THERE IS ANOTHER KING, ONE JESUS: THE SAFETY OF THE STATE CAN BE SECURED ONLY IN THE WAY OF HUMBLE AND WHOLE -SOULED LOYALTY TO HIS PERSON AND OF OBEDIENCE TO HIS LAW. -----

Are we making our voice heard in this world of liberalism? --- I must leave with this thought. God will bless those who blesses the Nation of Israel, and He will curse those who curses the nation of Israel. God promised Abraham that "in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed" Through the birth of Christ - direct descendant of Abraham through Isaac, Jacob, and Judah -- God fulfilled this promise as well. In this way Abraman's seed has indeed blessed all the nations of the earth. Pray for the peace of Jerusalem.

Q3. What are the implications for governments that Yahweh is the King of kings and Lord of lords? What are the implications of removing God" from a nation's currency and pledges, and ardently secularizing national life? Where does that put a nation with regard to God the King?

A government that recognizes that Yahweh is King of Kings and Lord of Lords will be blessed. A government that excludes God from all of it's rulings risks condemnation and withdrawal of God's blessings.

We are seeing day-by-day attempts being made to remove God's name from our currency and our Pledge of Allegiance in America. This is very troubling to me.

We still have a chance to turn around our country back to an allegiance to Yahweh and to His will for our country. The remedy is found in 2 Chronicles 7:14: "If my people, who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land." I pray that we as a nation will wake up before God's righteous wrath descends upon us!

Blessings! Loss of blessings and becoming enslaved. It puts that nation in great peril for suffering and loss their power. I pray that we as a nation would only heed Gods word and repent and turn back to the Lord before it is to late.

Pickledilly and Blessed Me provided us with great answers to these questions.

And I will have to go with what both of them had to say. Thank you Pickledilly and Blessed Me, I couldn't have put it better.

They will have a great price to pay for removing things such as The Ten Commandments from Courthouses, etc. The Courthouse is a great place to displace God's Laws.

For example look at what happened to the poor people in New Orleans who have suffered from devestation brought about by Hurricane Katrina. Even though Hurricane Katrina wasn't the ending result of this story, the lack of maintenance to the levee system was. God always heeds the cries of his people. In my opinion God heard those peoples cries long before Hurricane Katrina hit this city and it brought about destruction to this land. New Orleans is too rich of a city to have proverty such as what we have witnessed in the last few months. Those political officals will answer to what has and is still happening to God's people.

What are the implications for governments that Yahweh is King of kings and Lord of lords?

Rulers who accept that Yahweh is King of kings and Lord of lords should accept that Yanweh is their suzerain, their overlord. They owe their position to Yahweh and govern in His stead. It means that their government should accept and advance His commands, values and standards whether it is setting standards of justice and punishment, helping the needy and disadvantaged or promoting His teachings within the community. It makes no sense at all to accept his overlordship and then promote policies which undermine His commands and promote immorality.

What are the implications from removing "God" from the nations currency and pledges, and ardently securalizing national life?

For God's people in a Christian community, they want to live in a society which adhers to the values and commands set out by Yanweh. That does not mean that they want to coerce other people, in God's image we all have the freedom to chose, but it becomes less acceptable to them to live in a society which is stridently secular and which tries to force those value on them. I come from a country where church and state are not separated and religious symbols and references appear on our coinage and other national emblems, including our flag. However, material securalism is the real underlying ethic of the country in which I live and it is deeply and distressingly sinful. It promotes everything that attempts to undermine Christianity: securalism, multiculturalism, relativism and evolution. This is not new. Paul describes it in Romans 1. It is rife: debauchery, binge drinking, teenage sex, homosexuality, rising rates of crime and violence, respect for no-one, broken homes, broken marriages, adultery and fornication everywhere, welfare dependancy, idolatory of evey kind, loose morals, vulgar language and no thought or respect for our Creator. Spirituality is largely regarded as a joke; a faith in Christ, to which we owe everything, as a superstition which the modern world can do without. Although the church to which I belong is an enthusiastic, loving community which is growing, we are a very small minority in an essentially godless place which is the kingdom of the evil one. I work, pray and witness that we can change it as I think we are called to live in and encourage a righteous godly community. Our government does not help when it promotes so many policies which offend Yanweh's commandments: we covet nearly everything our neighbour has, we steal, we worship false idols with our reckless materialism, we kill ( by abortion on a massive scale), single parent families abound, divorce has never been easier, we disrespect our parents (something our laws often encorage); we ignor the sabbath; we encourage the belief in all sorts of cults and fashionable, but false, notions,we blaspheme and through the promotion of relativism the worship of other gods. In short a secular government has allowed things to sink pretty low and the discontent within society shows that the fruits of it are bad.

A nation which promotes secular materialism and the immorality which flows from it is promoting policies which must be offensive to Yanweh, our ulimate ruler and King. It is rebellious. It is ungrateful. It is deeply sinful. Turning away from Yanweh must invite His justified wrath. It follows that we have no right to receive the blessings and bounty that flow from Yanweh to his true people. The Bible has many examples of this and why should we be different. It also creates a very difficult enviriment in which to live for those who are or strive to be truly obedient to Yanweh. Securalism is presented as being liberating but in truth it is the exact opposite; it is ensnaring us in a sinful self-centred and self-regarding world.

Sorry for the rant. It is a subject dear to my heart and one of the reasons why I think it is so important to evangelise whenever I can.

It is odd how many laws we have made here in the U.S. that are broken every day. Yet we make more laws. The separation of church and state has never been a written law but one that is only evident by implication and now laws are being made to justify that implication as if it were law.

The declaration of independence says, "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed." Separate from church yes but never separate from God. And the power only comes from the consent of the governed.

Jesus said give to the government that which is due the government but give to the LORD which is due the LORD.

I think if all Christians were to love God first, as commanded, then the government would have no choice but to honor God, especially in a country where 80% claim the be Christian. Therefore the burden of proof has always been placed on the people not upon the government.

In the book of Daniel chapter 6: Then King Darius wrote to those of every people, nation, and language who live in all the earth: "May your prosperity abound. 26 I issue a decree that in all my royal dominion, people must tremble in fear before the God of Daniel:

For He is the living God, and He endures forever; His kingdom will never be destroyed, and His dominion has no end. 27 He rescues and delivers; He performs signs and wonders in the heavens and on the earth, for He has rescued Daniel

from the power of the lions." And that was just one person staying true to God. It changed the rules of a king.

I don't remember who said this but it is something to think about, "Victory will be evident when the power of love overcomes the love of power."

The LORD told Samuel what it would be like if people chose to serve man instead of God. And it has not gotten any better, nor will it till the return of Christ.

Darrell

What are the implications for governments that Yahweh is King of kings and Lord of lords?

Rulers who accept that Yahweh is King of kings and Lord of lords should accept that Yanweh is their suzerain, their overlord. They owe their position to Yahweh and govern in His stead. It means that their government should accept and advance His commands, values and standards whether it is setting standards of justice and punishment, helping the needy and disadvantaged or promoting His teachings within the community. It makes no sense at all to accept his overlordship and then promote policies which undermine His commands and promote immorality.

What are the implications from removing "God" from the nations currency and pledges, and ardently securalizing national life?

For God's people in a Christian community, they want to live in a society which adhers to the values and commands set out by Yanweh. That does not mean that they want to coerce other people, in God's image we all have the freedom to chose, but it becomes less acceptable to them to live in a society which is stridently secular and which tries to force those value on them. I come from a country where church and state are not separated and religious symbols and references appear on our coinage and other national emblems, including our flag. However, material securalism is the real underlying ethic of the country in which I live and it is deeply and distressingly sinful. It promotes everything that attempts to undermine Christianity: securalism, multiculturalism, relativism and evolution. This is not new. Paul describes it in Romans 1. It is rife: debauchery, binge drinking, teenage sex, homosexuality, rising rates of crime and violence, respect for no-one, broken homes, broken marriages, adultery and fornication everywhere, welfare dependancy, idolatory of evey kind, loose morals, vulgar language and no thought or respect for our Creator. Spirituality is largely regarded as a joke; a faith in Christ, to which we owe everything, as a superstition which the modern world can do without. Although the church to which I belong is an enthusiastic, loving community which is growing, we are a very small minority in an essentially godless place which is the kingdom of the evil one. I work, pray and witness that we can change it as I think we are called to live in and encourage a righteous godly community. Our government does not help when it promotes so many policies which offend Yanweh's commandments: we covet nearly everything our neighbour has, we steal, we worship false idols with our reckless materialism, we kill ( by abortion on a massive scale), single parent families abound, divorce has never been easier, we disrespect our parents (something our laws often encorage); we ignor the sabbath; we encourage the belief in all sorts of cults and fashionable, but false, notions,we blaspheme and through the promotion of relativism the worship of other gods. In short a secular government has allowed things to sink pretty low and the discontent within society shows that the fruits of it are bad.

A nation which promotes secular materialism and the immorality which flows from it is promoting policies which must be offensive to Yanweh, our ulimate ruler and King. It is rebellious. It is ungrateful. It is deeply sinful. Turning away from Yanweh must invite His justified wrath. It follows that we have no right to receive the blessings and bounty that flow from Yanweh to his true people. The Bible has many examples of this and why should we be different. It also creates a very difficult enviriment in which to live for those who are or strive to be truly obedient to Yanweh. Securalism is presented as being liberating but in truth it is the exact opposite; it is ensnaring us in a sinful self-centred and self-regarding world.

Sorry for the rant. It is a subject dear to my heart and one of the reasons why I think it is so important to evangelise whenever I can.

I say, "Yes" and "Amen"

The Old testament has revealed to us the importance of Yahweh being Head of a nation, anytime the Israelites obeyed Him, they were favored, and when they abandoned Him, they were oppressed. In His prayer of Dedication, Solomon in 2 Chron 6: 19 ff, Solomon calls on the Lord God to make His dwelling among His people. Today, God still reigns as King of all nations, His word says

If we could all live by the 10 Commandments, what a wonderful world it would be. We need really to pray that people turn back to God. Governments should seek to rule on behalf of our God so that their Countries will be blessed. God's servants need to do good and rule with justice and righteousness. There are some that want God out of everything, it seems the more they squeek the more they get. We as Christians need to speak up when we see wrongs being done and not just sit back and accept what is happening.

By passing these laws that are against all that is God and letting atheists rule their thinking. Our forefathers had it right so it should stay that way. If God is not Ruler than who or what is? We need not depart from what or Who has always worked for this nation. There are more things that need to be removed and should be addressed and not waste time and taxpayer's money by listening to certain groups that don't know beans about " Our God & King" God will rule forever with an iron fist. So Watch Out America!!

Governments need to know they are directly responsible to God, the King of Kings, Lord of Lords, for decisions made in and for the country. Those in high positions have the more responsibility.

When a government allows itself to be degraded by pushing aside God's laws & honor, it sets the country in a position of needing God's judgment upon it. It might still be used by God for His Holy Will, but ultimately the country will have to pay for it's godlessness.

"The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ, and He will reign for ever and ever." (Rev. 11:15)

Until that day, we who are believers and citizens of God's Kingdom must navigate the delicate balance of living in the kingdom of darkness, while walking in the Kingdom of light. We are called to be light and salt on this earth and thus make an impact in the nations we live and serve. We are responsible for the advancement of God's Kingdom on earth and can influence and impact the decision making and taking for the future of our nations. It is the kingdom of light pushing against the kingdom of darkness. I believe that it is not the nation, but the Christians in the nation that are responsible for the major decisions, for the cursing and the blessings that come upon this nation. (2 Chr. 7:14) "if My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

AS AN AMERICAN,WE ARE ONE NATION UNDER GOD.WE ARE A BLESSED NATION.WE ARE FREE.WE STILL ARE A CHRISTION NATION.YES,REMOVING"UNDER GOD" FROM OUR NATIONAL LIFE HAS MANY CONCERNED CHRISTIANS, WHO CARE AND WANT TO ACT.WE STILL ARE UNDER LEADERSHIP AND RULES,THE GOVERMENT OF OUR NATION.I BELIEVE OUR LEADERSHIP AND RULERS OF OUR GOVERMENT ARE ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE RULES AND LAWS THAT ARE SET BEFORE US, THAT WE FOLLOW AS A NATION,OBEY.TO SOME DEGREE WE ARE RESPONSIBLE TO TAKE STEPS OF PEACEFUL ACTIONS IN EXPRESSING OURSELVES.

WHERE DOES ALL THIS PUT A SO-CALLED "CHRISTIAN NATION"WITH REGARD TO GOD THE KING."ITS SEPERATING US FROM OUR HEAVENLY FATHER.IT'S KEEPING US FROM HAVING ALL GOD WANTS US TO HAVE.ANOTHER QUESTION I ASK MYSELF."AM I PUTTING OUR LEADERSHIP ABOVE GOD IF I DO NOT STAND ON "ONE NATION UNDER GOD",NOT ONE NATION UNDER MAN? IS GOD TRYING TO TELL US SOMETHING THROUGH ALL THESE NATURAL DISASTERS? WHATS HAPPENING? JUST SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT.

Governments have to answer to the King of Kings andlord of Lords for their management of the countries they "serve". Jesus made this clear when he told the parableof the three servants to whom He gave talents - 10, 5, and 1. When He returned from being away he demanded explanations from themof their business, and those who had multiplied their original gift were rewarded. The others had their gift removed and wore the consequences of the "hard taskmaster".

If a nation, having had a Christian heritage, then removes God from money and pledges (and constitution), then they are also removing the favour of Almighty God, and more thanthat they are mocking Yahweh in the action. God is not mocked, and this is a very dangerous thing to do. Galatians 6:7,8 make it clear that When we sow to the flesh (and this very obvious when a nation deliberately removes God from government) we will reap corruption. In fact, if there is no god. then there is no reason for holiness and we are nothing more than animals and the survival of the fittest rules. That doesn't portend well for the others! There will be no morals and violence will reign!. Sounds very much like the last days! Such a nation will be under a great curse.

That means that the Christians had better get up and be counted in the affairs of the nation, or we also will be accountable to the King of Kings, seeing that we know better. We havel et things slide far enough - almost too far. Maybe, with due diligence, the nation can be retrieved. Christians, this is our wake-up call!

• 2 weeks later...

The implications of a government that respects and obeys the laws of Yahweh as the king of kings and Lord of Lords, are a number of blessings and righteous governing. When the Government obeys the laws of the Lord, the subjects are blessed by default. I perfectly agree with Picledilly. He has put it in a very succint way. If we let God rule us, then everything will be good as He is the creator and owner of everything that is here. He is a good Lord and just God. There is no unrighteousness in Him and His rule is perfect. Psalm 19 puts it across very clearly. But if we relegate our God to churches only and not let Him rule the hearts and minds of Government servants, then there is chaos and ultimately Godlessness, to which we are heading right now. Its high time that we realise our mistakes and undo what is being done in a systematic way.

Though governments exists they do so by the Sovereign will of God, there are some who feel as though their word is law, but according to God's Word, His Word is Law forever. They have a saying, power corrupts, some have become power mad or mad with power. And they sometimes forget that they also have a Judge to whom they must give an answer one day.

God said, I will turn all nations into hell that forgets me, (I'd like to add, reverently who remove Him from His rightfull place). Society has begun a downward spiral since removing prayer from our schools, and now to intertain the idea of removing "In God we trust" from our currency would only see it plummet too. When will society learn. Reading in the book of Revelations, even after plagues are unleased man still refuses to repent of their wickedness, how very sad indeed.

God finds Himself outside of society's perimiter, they feel as though there is no need for God. Becoming secularized or depending on human development or evolving into gods themselves they take on their own sovereignty. They begin to believe the lie, you shall be as god(s). Our own Nation is beginning to feel the pull of the black hole of an amoral society, arts and entertainment along with what passes for music is sickening. Because they refuse to retain God in their knowledge.

The implications of Governments that Yahweh is king of kings and Lord of Lords

means protection over the government and Land in question. God was there for many

a government or people in bible times with angelic hosts to fight for the people and

to protect them. win the battles for them .

When a government secularizes and takes God's name off curency and gov. buildings etc...

then they are rejecting God and his protection and help in their battles and daily struggles/

It could mean the destruction and dissolution of that government or worse...

You are putting your gov. and people is a path for destruction and poverty and

sorrow to come.

What are the implications for governments that Yahweh is the King of kings and Lord of lords?

Rulers in this world have a responsibility to God as to the way they govern. They, as being people with power, will have to account to God one day as to how they governed. They are answerable to the greater authority of God.

What are the implications of removing "God" from a nation's currency and pledges, and ardently secularizing national life? Where does that put a nation with regard to God the King?

By removing

What are the implications for governments that Yahweh is King of Kings and Lord of lords?

Rulers of earthly goverments need to regconize and acknowledge that Yahweh is High King over all.

What are the implications of removing "God" from a nation's currency and pledges, and ardently secularizing national life?

By attempting to remove "In God We Trust" off our coins and currency, and by trying to remove "one nation under God" from The Pledge, we risk not only losing God's protection, but in the end experiencing His judgment.

Where does that put a nation in regard to God the King?

This shows the importance of Christians voting and getting Godly men and women elected into office.