JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Jesus Is Lord

Pastor Ralph

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As kurios, Jesus the Christ is the Supreme Authority and Sovereign Master. Yahweh revealed those very titles to O.T. patriarchs as His own, so the use of this name for Jesus reveals that He Himself is Yahweh. We cannot overlook or attempt to dilute or eliminate the divinity of Jesus. The truth of His identity is crucial to salvation. Only pure holy God come to earth in human flesh could qualify as the spotless Lamb of sacrifice that could atone for the sins of humanity. He isn't one of many gods; He isn't just a good man or a great prophet; He isn't just a suffering servant of God. Jesus the Christ IS God!

According to Romans 10:9, this is necessary for salvation because it must be realized as the truth born of the heart that each person confesses with their own mouth. That is the only salvation and reconciliation of man to God that exists. And in confessing that Jesus is kurios, the Supreme Authority, we also need to realize that He is King. Not only should our eternal souls be saved from the influence and consequences of sin, but also our submitted daily lives here on earth.

Q4. What is the significance of the confession "Jesus is Lord"? Why is this necessary for salvation, according to Romans 10:9?

To call Jesus "Lord" - means to say - whatever Jesus asks me I will do - - I will submit my life to Him unconditionally - I will die to my fleshly desires and allow the King to reign in me. Many times we call Him Lord and we don't realize our covenant with Hiim when we do so. It should not be prayed lightly and when we say LORD - we should do so in a willing attitude to be obedeint.

Why is this necessary for salvation - because we say Lord with our lips but until our heart can procalim it - we will never be willing to walk with Him as Lord.

:rolleyes:

Q4. What is the significance of the confession "Jesus is Lord"? Why is this necessary for salvation, according to Romans 10:9?

The significance of confessing is not being ashamed of the One who saved us. If we do not confess before man the name "Jesus" He wil not confess our name before the "Father." What am I confessing? That Jesus is the very nature of God, He is God. Jesus did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. He humbled himself and became obedient to death - even death on the cross. Therefore God exalted Him to the highest place and gave Him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

I want to shout it to the world, let my confession be heard that Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth, To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood, and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever.

Thank you Jesus,

Love, Darlene

Insofar as only God can forgive sin, by confessing to Him, we are acknowledging that Jesus is LORD, He is Yahweh. As a song goes: "He's a heavy load lifter, a heavy burden bearer."

Romans 10:9 proclaims that He is the Lord Jesus, which we are taught is kurios=Yahweh=God. Peter says it best in Acts 4:12: "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

Jesus as Lord means that I am under his authority in every area of my life. I yield to his plan and purpose for my life. I do not go my own way but His way. I love the passage in John,

So Jesus said to the twelve, "You do not want to go away also, do you?" 68 Simon Peter answered Him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have words of eternal life. 69 We have believed and have come to know that You are the Holy One of God." (6:67-69)

Jesus is

When Jesus really is your Lord, you WANT to confess that He is LORD. You want to tell the whole world to find what you have found. Peace, Love and Joy! That empty space in your life or in your heart that nothing and no one but Jesus can fill and satisfy. I love where it says: Thus the confession "Jesus is Lord" really means "Jesus is Yahweh, God Himself" If you believe in your heart and confess it with your mouth that Jesus is Lord you will be saved! Even a child can understand that. It is the best thing that can happen to you! We can not pay for it, we can not work for it. We can just open our heart and accept Him as Savior.Thank you Jesus for shedding your blood for my sins.

You are acknowledging that Jesus is in higher power than we are. That He is in control of whatever happens and that He alone is God and capable of doing exceedingly & abundantly more than we could ever ask.

You must confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that He was raised from the dead to be equal with God. You must have the faith to believe it.

Confess Jesus is Lord is affirmation that He is God. We are told to confess to others that He is Lord, share what He has done for us and for all who will believe in Him and His sacrifice for us. Everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord will be saves.

It is significant to confess Jesus Christ, who died on the cross for our sins & rose again the 3rd day as the owner & ruler of our entire being, to save us individually. Romans 10:9 says that if we confess with our mouths that Jesus is Lord and believe in our hearts that God raised Him from the dead, we will be saved. We can count on that!! Praise Him!!

What is the significance of the confession "Jesus is Lord"?

Jesus is Lord, Jesus is Yahweh and fully God. It is easy to dwell on the humanity of Jesus, which He shares with us, but this does not detract from the fact that He is Yahweh with all the power and might, love, creativity, extent and timelessness that this implies. Jesus is truly God and His incarnation as man has changed the world and the pattern of our lives for ever.

Why is it necessary for salvation, according to Romans 10:9?

Our salvation comes from Jesus. It is He who is the sole mediator between God and man. Our salvation comes from our belief in Jesus and who He is. Salvation can come in no other way. "For God so loved the world that He gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." [John 3:16] Belief in Jesus is an acceptance too that He is Yanweh. He was sent by the Father and by His death on the cross He died for our sins once and for all and through His resurrection He conquered death for all who believe in Him. "Whoever believes and is baptised will be saved." [Mark 16:16] Belief comes from the heart which leads to repentance and confession which comes from the mouth. We are then baptised so that we are baptised into Jesus' death. We emerge born again in Christ. "I have been crucified with Christ and no longer live, but Christ lives in me." [Galatians 2:20] "No-one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." [John 3:3] I rejoice that I declare and believe with all I have that "Jesus is Lord". Through Him I am saved and have life.

Q4. What is the significance of the confession "Jesus is Lord"?

It is significantly important to confess "Jesus as Lord" to acknowledge whole heartedly, without doubt, that God gave his son, who lived on this earth as a man, who was crucified on the cross, died, buried, decended, ascended, and is seated at the right hand of the Father, all to save us from sin. Praise The Name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Why is this necessary for salvation, according to Romans 10:9?

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

What is the significance of the confession "Jesus is Lord"? It all begins with faith, doesn't it? For if we do not believe in "The Way" the LORD has chosen to bring us back to Him, how can we bellieve in Him at all? And if we cannot believe in Him then there is no salvation, for the Jew or the Gentile. If we cannot confess that Jesus is Lord then we cannot believe what the prophet Isaiah said, "Yet it was our weaknesses he carried; it was our sorrows that weighed him down. And we thought his troubles were a punishment from God for his own sins! 5 But he was wounded and crushed for our sins. He was beaten that we might have peace. He was whipped, and we were healed! 6 All of us have strayed away like sheep. We have left God's paths to follow our own. Yet the LORD laid on him the guilt and sins of us all." (Isa 53 nlt)

Abraham, Issac, Jacob, Daniel, David, Moses, and many, many others did great things not because they were super-human heroes, but because they had faith. When faced with a choice between what is right and worng I like to keep in mind what the LORD told Israel at the Jordan, "Just go" When faced with a choice to follow Jesus and keep his commands "Just do it". It is not "What would Jesus do?" because he already did it, but what will you do?

Darrell

Before replying these questions. I want to intoduce myself briefly. My name is Sahala Simatupang. I am Indonesian, living in Bekasi, a city close to Jakarta that is capital city of Indonesia.

According to Romans 10:9 there are two conditions for getting salvation from God, the first is to confess the Lord Jesus and another is to believe that God has raised Jesus from the dead. These two conditions can not be separated. Concerning the former condition, I think if someone confesses that Jesus is Lord, it means he will commit to obey what Jesus command and want not himself anymore, or not obey other lords. About the latter condition, I think it is the only way God can redeem sins of human because of his justice.

When we confess Jesus is Lord, we settle the issue of who we are living for and why we are doing what we are doing with our lives. Before Christ comes into our life, we live supremely for ourselves and every action is an effort to bring about this supreme choice of living for self. Only by surrendering the lordship of our life to His Lordship and changing the purpose for which we are living can we know what true salvation means. Salvation is to be rescued from the power of our selfish life and to be translated into His kingdom and authority. Confession is necessary for salvation according to Romans 10:9 because it is the end result of what you believe in your heart, which is where the real you resides. If you will confess with your lips, what you believe in your heart, you have forever sealed the deal with heaven.

AS THE HOLY SPIRIT DRAWS US,AND WE BELIEVE THAT JESUS IS LORD,AND WHAT JESUS HAD DONE ON THE CROSS TO SAVE US FROM OUR SINS.HE IS OUR ONLY HOPE,FOR LIFE AFTER WE LEAVE THIS WORLD.JESUS IS LIFE EVER-LASTING(FOR-EVER WITH JESUS IS ETERNAL LIFE.(NIV)CHRIST HAS PROVIDED OUR SALVATION THROUGH HIS INCARNATION(COMING TO EARTH)AND RESURRECTION(COMING BACK FROM THE DEAD)GOD'S SALVATION IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF US.HE WILL COME TO US WHEREVER WE ARE.PEOPLE THINK IT MUST BE A COMPLICATED PROSESS,BUT IT IS NOT.CHRIST IS THE RISEN LORD AND THROUGH HIM,CONFESSION OF OUR SINS SETS US FREE FROM DEATH.OUR SINS ARE FORGIVEN.WE ARE A PART OF GOD'S KINGDOM.WE BECOME (THE CHURCH). AMEN

To acknowledge that Jesus is Lord means to acknowledge that He is in control, and that I am voluntarily surrendering to His control. What comes from our mouth is merely a reflection of what is embedded in our heart. To confess Jesus is Lord is to given Him control of my attitude, actions and utterances. When we accept the gift of grace and salvation, we subject ourselves to His Lordship.

The significance of the confession that Jesus is Lord is that Lord refers to God Himself and this confession puts Jesus right on a par with God our creator.

When Peter recognised that Jesus was the Son of God, Jesus said that this was revealed to him by God Himself, otherwise he could not have known it. He also said that "On this rock I will build My church", meaning on the rock of revelation as to who Jesus is. In order to become Christians we have to receive revelation from God Himself which makes us a new creature - we will never be the same again! Notice that Romans 10:9 speaks of "heart belief", not mental assent. This revelation actually changes the state of our hearts and our minds follow (the mind does not set the pace!) This change of heart ushers in the keys of the kingdom of Heaven - the ability to speak into the heavenlies in the Name of Jesus and call forth that which is not as though it was! (Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven!)

• 2 weeks later...

It is a proclaimation that Jesus is God, the person making that statement understands the significance of what they're saying. When I made confession of my sins and asked for forgiveness, I bowed to God and His Messiah and asked them to be my LORD. Jesus in stating "I and the Father are one", declares the unity that exists between them, so to see Him is to see the Father.

It connects God and Jesus in the same content and context. Unifying the Godhead because even this work of reconciliation is done by the Spirit of God who draws.

Confession is made with the mouth. But the underlying current stems from the heart. Unless the heart accepts, the mouth will not testify. So when we confess with our mouth that Jesus is 'Kurios' Lord, we accept the fact of the Trinity and the Divinity of Jesus as one with the Father. The Father God, Lord of lords and King of kings, who took the form of man to enable us to come to Him and have His righteousness and enjoy His fellowship. What a marvelous plan of Salvation!!![/font]

• 2 weeks later...

Romans 10:0 says that if someone confesses that Jesus is Lord they believe it in their heart

and confess it with their mouth they will be saved . and the next few verses confirm this verse and

since I believe scripture is true then this is true becaues it is in the word. I can see no where

in this verse why ... when reading it . so Iguess it is true for the word is true.

What is the significance of the confession "Jesus is Lord"?

By confessing Jesus as Lord, it implies a position equal to God, as well as acknowledging that Jesus is "Yahweh",God Himself.

Why is this necessary for salvation, according to Romans 10:9?

First one must believe in their heart that Jesus died for their sins and was raised from the dead.

Then by confessing Jesus as Lord with their mouth, they are accepting the fact that He is now King over every area of their life.

• 2 weeks later...

Salvation is one of the key concept of God's revelation to humanity. The biblical idea of salvation involves three notions. 1)is the rescue from danger,harm or even death of an individual,group,or nation. Most specifcally salvation is the rescue from sin and death. 2)is the renewing of the spirit. The scripture explains that humanity fell from the original condition of moral purity into the state of sin. God's salvation always renews the of a person to lead a life that is morally please to Him. 3)is the restoration of a right relationship with God. One of the effects of sin is the seperation from God. The written word of God makes clear that salvation restores one's relationship with God