JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. My Body Given for You

• 4 weeks later...

For us as Christians to have the hope of everlasting life on a Paradise Earth.

According to these verses, what was the purpose of Jesus giving himself in sacrifice?

God is holy and cannot have any thing in His presents that is not holy.

We are sinner and unholy so we must be transformed or we can never be in the presents of God. When we go to the cross with Christ and die and are resurrected with Christ we become a new creation. When God looks at this new creation all He sees is Christ and we then can be in fellowship with the Father

1. ransom (1 Tim. 2:5-6, Mt. 20:28, Mk. 10:45)

2. for all our sins (Gal. 1:3-4)

3. to redeem from all wickedness; to purify us; to establish us as his own; to make us eager to do what is good. (Titus 2:13-14)

4. turned himself in with the purpose of making us a fragrant offering and acceptable sacrifice to God. (Eph. 5:2)

I sometimes think of possible scenarios between the Father, the Son and the Spirit. I imagine them all watching the comings and goings of us people. I imagine the feelings of pleasure, concern, displeasure, or grief as generations have passed, as my own life has passed. How much they understand of each of us, how much they understand of one another. From the time of creation, the Father

From the verses studied here, Jesus gave Himself in sacrifice in order to:

1) be the one mediator between God and man as a ransom for all humanity

2) act in accordance with the will of God the Father to rescue us from sin and the evil age of the present

3) redeem us from all wickedness

4) purify for Himself a people who belong to Him and who are eager to do good

5) be a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God

Jesus willingly came as mediator, ransom, rescuer, redeemer, purifier, and sacrifical offering on my behalf. He was the payoff for my sin and has made possible my relationship with the Father. He has fulfilled the Father's will that I be rescued from sin, not just in eternity but in the present age I live in where the evil one has dominion over the world I live in. He has redeemed me, bought me back, from wickedness and its consequences. He has made me clean and holy, grafted me into His own Body that will be His cherished Bride, and given me His character to do the good works of the Father. He is my example of supreme obedience and submissive sacrifice of self that is very pleasing to the Father. All this was done for the Father's glory but also for my benefit, in my interest, on my behalf! What unspeakable grace.

Q3. Look at the verses above which include both the word "give" and a preposition that means "in behalf of." According to these verses, what was the purpose of Jesus giving himself in sacrifice?

I think that, from the very first sin of Adam, God was broken-hearted over mankind. He has a longing for his creation that is way beyond what we can ever imagine. His plans for his creation were so great, and so terribly broken by sin. In Noah, and later in Abraham's willingness to sacrifice His own son Isaac, and in Job, God (and Jesus) saw the potential for men to be actually like-minded with Him, the potential for unity with His creation, the potential for His dream to come into being. He was able to begin with the Jewish people, to set aside a people to be the priestly nation, God's voice to the world. There were some indeed who recognised this and joined themselves to the Jews - Ruth, The Ethiopian, the Centurion whose faith amazed Jesus, Naaman, Rahab etc. As the Jewish nation developed, God's word began to make in roads into the world of men. There were going to be some who could respond to God's voice on earth - a remnant - but some.

I think that in Jesus' sacrifice God saw the beginnings of the armies that would align themselves with Jesus, as persecuted David's raggedy soldiers aligned themselves with him and became an army of mighty men. David had to suffer the pangs of being hunted to (near) death by Saul in order to create His mighty regime. Jesus would do likewise, but he would go the whole way, right into the jaws of death, through it (the valley of the shadow of death) and out the other side, bringing with Him a mighty army of those who would follow, and who would be the Kingdom of God on earth. As David did before Him in material terms, (Ziglag) Jesus plundered hell and retrieved what had been stolen, namely us (the bride).

He saw past the grave to a Kindom to be won. Not only that, but God had given Him responsibility for the earth and it'speople, knowing what it would cost him. It was all done in Heaven. It's like God had created Heaven for himself and earth for Jesus, with the understanding that the two kingdoms be joined as one with them. The battles that God fought with satan in Heaven were fought by Jesus for His Kingdom on earth. their unity was wonderful, and their strength total. We can now be part of that. But for total unity Jesus had to give Himself a ransom that His people would follow. There is no unity without this total sacrifice of self. Jesus first and me following at least in spirit and in truth, if not in the physical.

Q3. Look at the verses above which include both the word "give" and a preposition that means "in behalf of." According to these verses, what was the purpose of Jesus giving himself in sacrifice?

1. Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all men

2.gave himself for our sins to rescue us from the present evil age

3. redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very

own, eager to do what is good

4. gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God"

5. "turned himself in" for us,"the Righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God

Jesus in fulfilling the Father's will and becoming obedient even unto death on the cross, became our Saviour, Redeemer, Justifier before God, Advocate and Mediator. He became the only perfect sacrifice that the Father could accept on our behalf. Forever reconciling us to the Father and saving us from all unrighteousness.

In the Old Testaments sacrifices were made as atonement for many differing sins, because God had decreed that the penalty for sin was death, therefore animals were sacrificed that were free of blemish. Jesus took the place of the sacrificial lamb by His death on the Cross, and so once and for all paid the price of the first Adam's sin, and consequently our sins. Jesus literally gave His body to make everlasting atonement for humankind's sin, so that we could approach God freely, through our faith in Him.

For me it means that Jesus stepped in, paid the price for my redemption, purchased me back from my old sinful master, guaranteeing that I am His child and He has given me the hope of spending eternity with Him. He died on my behalf so that I might truly live. He was the one and only, perfect sacrifice, acceptable by God through which this could be done.

I am a sinner. I am with spot and blemish and therefore, I am an unacceptable sacrifice. Jesus, Our Lord, is the Lamb of God. Perfect, sinless. There are no spots or blemishes on His perfect body. Only this sacrifice is acceptable to Our Holy Father, the One Holy Father. Jesus gave himself for me, for us, in our place.

In Old Testament times , God agreed to forgive peole's sins if they would bring animals for the priests to sacrifice .When this sacrificial system was inaugurated , the covenant between God and His people was sealed with the blood of animals .But animals blood did not itself remove sin ( only God can forgive sin), and animals sacrifices had to be repeated day after day and year after year .Jesus instituted a "new covenant "(agreement) between God and His people . Under this new covenant , Jesus died (Gave up His body) for sinners .Unlike the blood of animals , His blood ( Because He is God) Removes the sins of all who put their Faith in Him. Jesus sacrifice would never have to be repeated , it would be good for all ertenity.

The Holy Trinity had pre-arranged the redepmtion of man who had sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. Since the wages of sin was death, if something did not happen, man, who God so loved, would perish.

In obedience to the Father, Jesus who was (IS) God, AGREED to come in the flesh to offer Himself as a living sacrifice in order to redeem man from eternal death. This was willingly done by Jesus as a demonstration of the tremndous love the Godhead had (have) for mankind. If He did not want to die, He could have commanded fire from above to destroy those that arrested Him. The enemy thought that they were harming Jesus but the truth was that they were playing into the pre-arranged plan for salvation of the whole world.

Jesus gave (Was obedient to the Father's plan to offer His only begotten Son up as a ransom for many, even unto His own death ) his body and blood as a sacrifice in exchange for our eternal life. All of our purity and righteousness are only through Jesus and His sacrifice. In and of ourselves we have nothing to offer but our humanity and that is a life of sin, but through Jesus, the Father sees us as pure because the blood of Christ has washed us clean. Only through Jesus are we bought back and ransomed from sin. Only through Jesus can we enter in and come before the Father. Jesus is the only way. We all have sinned and fall short of righteousness, but Jesus redeems us when we believe and so all our hope is in Him. There is no other hope. Only the blood of Jesus has the power to set us free. He did it for us. Pure and simple. If we never receive anything else from this day onward....we still have everything because we have been given life. Our salvation through Jesus Christ.

He gave Himself as a perfect sacrifice, He was without sin, an unblemished lamb.

To bear all our sins past, present and future.

Christ took our place on the cross.

The purpose of Jesus giving His life as a sacrifice was the fulfilling of God's love for us. He died that we might have life & live for Him. He desired to see all men come to faith in God. He took our place to ransom us.

Since God's plans for His World required His people to be holy like Jesus, He knew He had to supply the means for our Salvation. The bible says He delights in His people, so if he feels that way while we are still sinners, imagine what his desire is to experience in relationship with us when we are finished work and made holy like Jesus? So His Sacrifice was on our behalf, so we can also enjoy our relationship with Him and learn of him even now, and more later, but it is also because He truly loves us and wants an intimate relationship with us now and eternally. His Holy Spirit is already within us, to empower us to become changed into the likeness of Christ, and our relationship now is intimate, but somehow I think it will be so enhanced when we are face to face with Him it will be unbelievable and so wonderful....it will be worth all the pain and sufferings we suffer now, and evidently he felt it was worth the pain Jesus suffered...This is AMAZING GRACE UNTO US FROM GOD OUR FATHER...

JESUS GAVE HIMSELF AS A RANSOM FOR ME, TO REDEEM ME AND PURIFY ME TO DO GOOD .HIS SACRIFICE WAS ABOUT REDEEMING SINFUL MAN FROM THE KINGDOM OF DARKNESS BECAUSE OF HIS GREAT LOVE FOR US.HE GAVE HIMSELF UP FOR US AS A FRAGRANT OFFERING AND SACRIFICE TO GOD.HE PAID THE PRICE FOR SINS AND RECONCILED US UNTO GOD BY GIVING HIS BODY AS A LIVING SACRIFICE .HE DID IT FOR US SO WE CAN NOW GO BEFORE OUR HEAVENLY FATHER AND FELLOWSHIP WITH HIM WITHOUT FEAR. WE CAN HAVE AN INTIMATE RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD THROUGH JESUS'S SACRIFICE.I'M SO GRATEFUL FOR WHAT HE DID FOR ME BECAUSE I NEVER KNEW GOD LOVED ME SO MUCH THAT HE WOULD DIE FOR ME.I EXPERIENCED SO MUCH REJECTION GROWING UP THAT AT FIRST I STRUGGLED TO GRASP THIS LOVE. BUT I'VE NOW ACCEPTED AND RECEIVED HIS LOVE AND IT HAS TRANSFORMED MY ENTIRE LIFE.PRAISE GOD.

The purpose is clear. It is a sacrifice "given on behalf of" others, including me. A ransom is a payment made to secure the freedom of someone else. Jesus paid a ransom for me. "It was a ransom for many." Why did he pay it? He paid it "for our sins". "He gave Himself to redeem us...to purify us." He is "the fragrant offering" for us. Through this we are saved and our sins forgiven. He gave this sacrifice so that sin could be overcome and we could be justified.

It was an empty life that we inherited from our ancestors. Their lives were ridden with guilt, year after year, because they did not have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. They would slip back into doing things their old way, as was so prevalent in the book of Exodus. Without the inner spirit of God to remind them, they did not hear that inner calling to live a holy life.

JESUS "GAVE" TO "REDEEM US FROM SIN". THE WORD GIVE OR IN BEHALF OF MEANS HE REPRESENTED US SO THAT WE COULD HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH THE FATHER.

The purpose of Jesus giving himself in sacrifice is to rescue and ransom us and to make us be His own people that are pure and eager to do right.