JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. We Shall See His Face

• 3 weeks later...

Revelation 22:4 And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. When you meditate on "seeing his face," what thoughts come to mind?

1 John 3:2 (KJV)

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is.

The believers life is to become more and more like Him as we seek His Kingdom and His righteousness.

Romans 8:29 (KJV)

For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

We will be conformed to His image,. This for us will be the completeness of it all. Everything we will need to know will become perfect in clarity. This should be a motive , knowing our ultimate destiny, that we should purify ourselves. We can not! Only He can. How awesome is that? However, by His power we can keep ourselves from sinful places, and remain morally clean.

1 Corinthians 13:12

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

It will be like looking in a mirror. As perfections comes, we will see reality face to face and we will fully know and understand, who we are.

There are areas of temptation that we know of and habits that appear hard to conquer but we are more than conquers through Him that loves us. We can practice this now.

A sin for me, ... is judging folks. Judge not lest you be judged. For how we judge, so shall it be measured back to us. Here is what I do. Every time, I see something wrong in someone, I automatically throw up a pretend mirror and see if that is a reflection of me. If so, I ask God to clean up that image and I walk on in faith. Our lives should be a reflection of Jesus as we walk about this earth. I pray that the person whom I thought I saw the wrong in, that God will reflect His light on their path and show them a mirror image of themselves and bring them peace, according to His judgment. When I think about the Throne Room in chapter 4 of Revelations, I think of that shiny sea of glass that sparkles like crystal as the window of heaven so that Jesus can see us all the time, but from our view, I think of that as a great big mirror, shining down upon us, His image coming through.

His character will be upon us? By His authority, we shall be marked as His children. His property! Some scriptures say in and some scriptures say on. In, on, really makes no difference. Seeing Him?

When I mediate on 'seeing His face' I tend to focus on Jesus' Grace, His all-encompassing Love, His Generosity and the way He cared deeply about everyone who came His way, reaching out to those that were hesitant and drawing them into His presence. It is important now for partakers of the Lord's Supper to do this because we are remembering Jesus, by breaking bread and sharing the Cup, that is what He asked us to do for Him until the time came when He would return and establish His kingdom in all its Glory on this earth.

Q4. (Revelation 22:4) When you meditate on "seeing his face," what thoughts come to mind?

Love, Joy, Peace, Remarkable, Awesome, Astonishing, Worthy, Holy, Reverence, Lover of my Soul, Bridegroom, Savior, Redeemer, Delight, Deliverer.

Why should the Lord's Supper stimulate these thoughts every time we partake of it?

As I drink of the cup, I am testifying that someday I will see Him "face to face."

It is because of Him - I am able to someday look into the face of the one who made it possible, to look into the face of the one who clothed me in His rightouesness, so I may come before the Father. That is - once I get up from being prostrate before Him, once I have stopped dancing before Him, once I have stopped singing praise and glory to Him. How "AWESOME" is He who came to save the world, who has prepared this wonderful table for us to go to! How "AWESOME" is this Manna, this Love, sent from God to us. "AWESOME is He"

I was delighted, Eudora, with your answer!

I have a real mirror in my room that can be turned and I have often had that used to show me a reflection that will bring my attention to how I look or how I see others. For instance, if I have judged someone harshly, I go to my room to pray and I may see for that moment a reflection in that mirror of the fabric heart hanging on my door that has frayed edges and I'm reminded the person I judged so harshly is a remnant, tattered and torn just like we all are. One day I will see lights and be reminded to help light a path for another and other days I just saw myself! I was reminded on those days to get the focus off of me and on to other things! The other day I tried to judge myself too harshly and I couldn't even see a reflection, I just saw light and I was reminded of some good things I did that day and to not be discouraged but to keep doing good.

I too have learned from this to examine myself and renew my own mind before I think so highly of anything to think I can stand in judgement of another person's life.

I like how you do that in every situation. I don't seek signs like what happens in the mirror, God just teaches me with " visual aids" sometimes, but it is a good thing to renew our minds to reflect on those things every time we are tempted with judging or becoming self absorbed, or we are insensitive to others needs etc.

I think of seeing Jesus's face and liken that with seeing that mirror image. We will have all become like Him and since that is a cry of my heart, it will be pure bliss to know it finally happened! After all the falls and failures and the agony of defeats and the heartbreak of knowing I failed HIM.....to see that glory...well....I'm not usually at a loss for words....but I am now! I know when I pray and I'm in His presence...it is awesome....how could we possibly even try to understand how heaven will be in His real presence?

Meditating on seeing Jesus' face causes me to see love. True love. No hidden thoughts or meanings. No considerations. No conditions. Just plain love and with that, the time to love even as I am loved.

At the Lord's Supper I refelect that this is what it's all about isn't it? A God who would die for me in such a painful and terrible way because..., He first loved me. Each time I take this communion the thoughts become deeper, stronger and much more significant.

When I see the Lord's face my sins will be removed so far from me that even the memories will be gone! I shall be made pure and able to look upon Him whom I adore. Every dream I ever had will be totally fulfilled in that moment, and love will loom large between us. I shall know Him as He now knows me, and that will be magnificent, yet there will always be something new to learn about Him because He is always new!

The Lord's supper points us toward our future at the wedding feast with Him in Heaven, so we are always excited by the prospect of living with Him - seeing His face. Not only at communion are we so excited, but at everymoment that we are awake, because the promise is to those who acknowledge Him before men, and we love doing that.

When I see the Lord's face my sins will be removed so far from me that even the memories will be gone! I shall be made pure and able to look upon Him whom I adore. Every dream I ever had will be totally fulfilled in that moment, and love will loom large between us. I shall know Him as He now knows me, and that will be magnificent, yet there will always be something new to learn about Him because He is always new!

The Lord's supper points us toward our future at the wedding feast with Him in Heaven, so we are always excited by the prospect of living with Him - seeing His face. Not only at communion are we so excited, but at everymoment that we are awake, because the promise is to those who acknowledge Him before men, and we love doing that.

I SAY "AMEN" TO WHAT YOU SAID SO CLEARLY. HE SHOULD BE BEFORE US EACH MOMENT OF THE DAY :-) DARLENE

I have no words to express myself how I feel when I will see Him face to face . It is a day I am longing in my life , that is why I have to keep myself clean from all evil things by studying His word and with the help of the Holy Spirit I believe I will make it.

The lord's supper stimulate me to remain Holy not sin against my Lord Jesus Christ, When I long for that day .

Q4. (Revelation 22:4) When you meditate on "seeing his face," what thoughts come to mind? Why should the Lord's Supper stimulate these thoughts every time we partake of it?

When I meditate on "seeing his face" the thoughts that come to my mind are those of ultimate peace. Divine beauty, clean and pure. I shall feel as one feels when the sun rays touch your skin, the warmth it brings, when the fresh rain falls upon your face how refreshing it makes you feel. It will feel like the snowflakes that touch your body and the chilling feeling that it brings. It will feel like all GOOD and all PURE and all HOLY. It will feel like more than I can even imagine to express because I am a mere human and my mind can not conceive the beauty of God. But I know it will be an experience that I look forward to and one that I anxiousily await.

The Lord's Supper stimulate these thoughts in me because it is a REMINDER of the promises of God.

Thank you Eunora because I too needed a way to stop judging. What you wrote really inspired me to try it out it seems like a good remedy for the problem. Thanks again.

When I meditate on seeing His face it's too wonderful to fully comprehend. But all the beauty the Scriptures ascribe to the Lord will be beheld by all of us on that day of days. If these thoughts really permeated the congregation when we partake at the Lord's Table I think the hush that occurs would truly be the awe of His magnificent prescence.

The truth is that I am not used to meditating in the way that allows me to picture the Lord Jesus' face. I really want to learn to do it.

I therefore request for your prayers to enable me to be able to do so. If there are also some practical suggestions, I will appreciate receiving such.

Q4. (Revelation 22:4) When you meditate on "seeing his face," what thoughts come to mind? Why should the Lord's Supper stimulate these thoughts every time we partake of it?

There are times that amidst the evil and wickedness in this world, that someone or some

The thoughts that come to mind when I think about seeing the face of the Lord are similar thoughts of seeing the faces of other friends. I immediately think about the last time I looked at them and what impression did I leave them with and they leave with me. Was there pleasure in our last meeting? Were there happy memories of making each other smile? Did we share an intimate time that deepened our commitment to each other? Or did I leave important things unsaid? Had I become too comfortable in our relationship to say,

Meditating on "seeing His face" moves me to wonder. I think of His kind face, kindly eyes, pure love flowing from Him, evoking thankfulness to Him and not shame. I think of the pure joy of being with Him & praising Him with others.

The Lord's supper should provoke & stimulate these thoughts as we partake to give Him all the glory, to keep our excitement high & to be ever watching for His return!! PTL!

His unconditional and perfect love for me.

Christ suffered and died for me, who is a sinner and didn't deserve this gift but He loves me so much He was willing to do this for me; bore all my sins and washed away with His blood.

When you meditate on "seeing His face", what thoughts come to mind?

To be honest, this is something I don't do as often as I should.

Why should the Lord's Supper stimulate these thoughts every time we partake of it?

The Lord's Supper points to the day when we will see the Lord Jesus face to face at the Great Banquet.

I suppose as I meditate on "seeing His face" on His return, I have a feeling of longing that His return will come soon. I think all Christians long for this and have hoped it would come in their life times so that they can experience rapture without death. Then I think of what a meeting would be like. I think that Jesus' face would radiate incredible, unfathomable love. Something of an order that is not conceivable here. It would simply sweep me up and envelope me. All the fruits of the Holy Spirit would be similarly experienced and magnified. His face would not take on His human form. It would be spirit but it would be unimaginably beautiful.

We partake of the Lord's Supper as it commemorates the death of Jesus and His atoning sacrifice. It brings us closer to Him and sustains our faith and discipleship. But it is also a prelude to a greater feast: the one we will have with Him on His return. His ministry, His death and resurrection, leads to its final, glorious conclusion when we are all together with Him on His Second Coming. The purpose of His ministry is our salvation when we will see His face. In partaking we look forward to that promise and hope.

When I meditate on seeing the face of my Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, I somehow seem to be able to forget the things of the world and the problems that I am facing, and start to think about the Lord Himself for all that He did for me in the past, what He

The truth is that I am not used to meditating in the way that allows me to picture the Lord Jesus' face. I really want to learn to do it.

I therefore request for your prayers to enable me to be able to do so. If there are also some practical suggestions, I will appreciate receiving such.

Haar,

I'm not an expert at all on meditating on and picturing Jesus' face but everytime I do--especially in a worship service at church--I feel unexplainable joy and peace in my life, and even sometimes tears come to my eyes when I think about Calvary and all that the Lord did for me. I guess it involves getting your thoughts on the One we are worshiping and praising and off of the troubles and problems of the world that surrounds us, but that's really hard for me to do so one "trick" I use sometimes is to close my eyes as I'm worshiping the Lord and not really worrying about what other people think that are around me. Sometimes I think about the Scriptures about the Lord and about the subject the pastor is teaching us at the time. Meditating on God's Word has been explained as like a cow chewing on grass over and over again so I need to think of some Scripture and go over and over again on what it means and how it applies to my life. A good time for me to do this is when I'm caught in commute traffic and it helps me not to get upset about all those "crazy" drivers out there on the road--all seemingly trying to hit me! If I were better disciplined then I am right now, I would spend much more of my time on meditating on the Scriptures that come to my mind when I think of Jesus and His love for me. A good place to start this meditation is on the Psalms since they were written, I think, from the meditations of the Psalmists, and are written for us to meditate upon them ourselves. Sorry this has become so long but I hope that it helps. I have asked the same question to my pastor and he told me the same thing about meditating on the Scriptures especially on the Psalms or the Gospels--either books will be good to use. I'll be praying for you and maybe you can pray for me that we'll both be more disciplined and timely in this important thing in our Christian lives to see the Lord Jesus' face by worshiping Him and by meditating on the Bible as God's holy Word to us. Don W

• 2 weeks later...

When I meditate on " Seeing His face " the thoughts that come to mind are that it will be a great

bright face and that we will be out of pain and worry and that there will be prefect peace when we

see his face. We will not need light he will be the light for us. The earth will be gone as we know

it and it is really something I cannot imagine well because it will be his spiritual face. and that is

not something I can reallly imagine. but i can imagine it like a dream.

The Lords supper should stimulate these thoughts because it was and is a rememberance of the

last supper but is a fore runner of the Wedding feast so both of these feasts should come to mind

and make the lord's supper a very special time fulfillment of past and encouragement for now and

dream or hope for the future with Jesus.

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly shivers go up and down my spine, what a glorious day this will be in my life. because meeting the man face to face that saved me for my sins I cant wait to celbrate.

• 2 months later...

Absolute pure joy is what I will feel when I see the Lord's face. He will wipe away all my tears and welcome me home with out stretched arms. He will present me with friends and family who have gone before me and we will be elated and jubilant to see each other again.

Each time we partake of the Lord's Supper we should keep thoughts of our eternal home in mind, because that is our destination.

• 4 months later...

Q4. (Revelation 22:4) When you meditate on "seeing his face," what thoughts come to mind?

I would like to believe that Jesus is looking down on me with a smiling face, while thoughts of my failings might come to mind He will welcome me in His ever loving arms.

It was for those failings that He died for me.

Thank You Jesus!