JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q5. Redeemed from Slavery

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q1. (Ephesians 1:7) In what sense have you been "redeemed" from slavery? What do you think your life up to now would have been like, if you hadn't been redeemed? What would your future be like without redemption, do you think?

I did not know God, or the Truth. This meant that my life was a lie from start to finish. I was bought out of the liar's power by the blood of Jesus. To know Him, to know Love, to learn His law and have the Spirit of Truth and the mind of Christ in me is miraculous! To live any other way is unimaginable! To have all the spiritual blessings in the heavenlies is much more exciting that bungie jumping or sky-diving. You never know the end of it! To live on the edge with Jesus and His plan is the best! There is so much to look forward to. Earth has nmothing compared to heaven.

If I had not know redemption I would be in deepest depression, friendless, without hope. I think I might be still alive physically, but I can't imagine where my happiness might come from.

My future would have few goals apart from survival, and for what? Praise God that now every day is wonderfully exciting, loaded with potential and expectation, more and more as I know Jesus better and better!

Q1. (Ephesians 1:7) In what sense have you been "redeemed" from slavery? What do you think your life up to now would have been like if you hadn't been redeemed? What would your future be like without redemption, do you think?

In my old life, before I was redeemed, I was a drug addict. The only thing I cared about was my next fix, my next high. Then one day something happened, I died. I had some teeth pulled and because of complications I passed out at my table and pretty much bleed to death. The Dr.'s told my family that there is nothing they can do I was going to die. But I didn't, the Lord redeemed me. He took me to His bosom and showed me that He loved me and always will. He help me to quit drugs and stay quit. And all He asked was my love in return. I have been completely redeemed through the healing blood of Christ. There is no doubt in my mind that if this wouldn't have happened I would not be alive right now. And worst yet I would not be going to be with my Savior in heaven when I do die. Washed in the Saving Blood of Christ.

Because slavery is bondage, I can truly say I have been redeemed with a grateful heart. I have been set free and released from the bondage of my own self-destruction. I was on my own, and on my way to hell. I wasn't a "horrible" person, but my heart didn't belong to the LORD. So my thinking, too many of my words over myself, my choices, my relationships imprisoned me in self-ruin. Even though in church from my earliest days (but not yet in Christ), I had a poor self-image as a teenager that led me to dabble in some stupid, sinful things that absolutely could have destroyed me. I was in utter bondage to my mind, will, and emotions and to the devil's influences. Now in my early fifties, I still have regrets at that stuff, but it no longer has power over me because I accepted the open door of freedom through redemption in Christ. Bondage was bringing death, but I now live in abundant LIFE because of my Savior.

If I hadn't been redeemed, I really can't imagine what my life would have been like. I'd probably be an empty, angry, bitter divorced addict of some sort with little sense of value or purpose - one of those miserable people you don't like to hang around. I couldn't have been a godly mother to my children, who love the LORD and now have their own Christian homes. I would have missed all the joys of getting to know God through the portrait of Christ revealed in His Word and would be powerless to stand against the Adversary. I would never know the sweetness of seeing how God's used my puny, inconsistent love and efforts for Him to impact other lives through the years. I wouldn't know the comfort of a Father who loves me no matter what; who has wept with me through sorrows and smiled with me in great joys.

My future would certainly be no more promising. Life would just be an existence, really, with no true hope and purpose - the kind that lasts at the end of the day when it's just you left. The trials and struggles of life would constantly defeat me because I'd be trying to overcome them on my own, and we all know that never works! And I would have no hope for anything better in eternity. I'd be in the hands of Satan himself. THANK YOU, Lord Jesus, for doing whatever it took to pay the cost to set me free from that bondage and give me every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places. Life is good!!!

Q1. (Ephesians 1:7) In what sense have you been "redeemed" from slavery?

Colossians 1:14

In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

In slavery, we are slaves because we are owned by someone. In this earth, if we do not belong to Christ Jesus, we are the walking dead. :(

I am so glad I have been redeemed because His voice sounds sweet and tender. The music produced in praise or worship to God is music that touches my heart and soul and my spirit, where other music is a feeling and usually heartache, sadness or just a headache.

Food has lost it

Ralph, you use the word "sense" to describe being redeemed. God has graciously been busy as He sets me FREE from the habits formed out of my former life. ...Those old bad behaviors that came from my bad thinking. God has and continues to cleanse me with His Word. God's Word 'washes' - it is REAL brain-washing, Godly brain-washing!!

How has God redeemed each of us? We are justified and redeemed instantly ...and over the course of our life all at the same time. Redeemed by the Blood of the Lamb, Oh how we DO love to proclaim it. I would be dead or near death without Gods Love. Do you know someone who is a "dead person walking?"

I know my life is filled with love of family and friends that would never have been revealed to me without Gods redemptive plan. I know God in new and exciting ways that give me hope in this world and of course our Eternal Hope. Spending time with God in prayer and study each day is amazing. Praise God!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

God has graciously been busy as He sets me FREE from the habits formed out of my former life. ...Those old bad behaviors that came from my bad thinking. God has and continues to cleanse me with His Word. God's Word 'washes' - it is REAL brain-washing, Godly brain-washing!!

Redeemed by the Blood of the Lamb, Oh how we DO love to proclaim it. I would be dead or near death without Gods Love. Do you know someone who is a "dead person walking?" Help them.

I know my life is filled with love of family and friends that would never have been revealed to me without Gods redemptive plan. I know God in new and exciting ways that give me hope in this world and of course our Eternal Hope. Spending time with God in prayer and study each day is amazing. Praise God!

Question 1

I have been saved and set free due to Jesus shedding His blood on the cross. I have been redeemed and forgiven due to the blood of Jesus. I have been set free from the world of sin.

My life would be in the shambles if I had not been saved/redeemed and set free.

Without redemption, means I would not be here on this earth following through on God's Plan for my life. Without redemption, I would go to hell. Iam going to Heaven. I have been set free. Praise God for the redeeming blood of Jesus. I am reminded every Sunday at church about the "Cup of Redemption" when I take part in the Lord's Supper. It is all in the blood. FOLKS, IT IS ALL IN THE BLOOD. That is all that I can say.

PS:

Pastor Ralph, I thank you for the Bible Study. It is so exciting to be a part of this study and set back and watch as God reveals Himself to me. It is almost like seeing a picture unfold right in front of your eyes.

Though I was never the kind of sinner that anyone else realized my sinful heart, for I was saved at a very young age...about 5 years of age. I always wanted to know Jesus as soon as I heard the little song...Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so....and my heart yearned deeply to be loved, for my mother did not want me or like me much less love me. So my search for Love was a goal from early life.

However, I was in bondage to my sinful nature, and enjoyed sinning in various ways which just mostly was self serving types of sins....selfishness, and self-centeredness primarily which did not lean to LOVING God as He commanded nor others, and certainly not myself. I did not love myself in the right way at all, and though I was a believer, I had not been taught His Word well, and it was when I was about 33 years old, I truly committed my life to HIM and started studying and searching His face and life and love and ways. It was then I began to CHANGE, for I realized I was a sinner and repented and changed in many ways.

I am deaf, and was sheltered from the world even after I married, so I was not exposed to worldliness to a great degree, but sin is sin, and without Jesus in my life, knowing my personality and curiosity, I am SURE I would have followed the crowd if I had been exposed to them to some degree. However I was fearful, as my mother taught me fear early, so I probably would not have done something drastic but I can almost bet I would have tried drugs, in the form of alcohol....for I loved my daddy so much and he was an alcoholic. I also think I would have been easy prey for boys to seduce, for I liked boys and they liked me, but God, Bless Him, kept me so sheltered from all opportunities to even date boys that I was protected from myself. I think many young girls who are seeking to be loved, and confuse sex with love, get in trouble easily when immature and ignorant...like I was.

There is no future for any of us without the redeeming blood of Jesus covering us, and keeping us in His way. His Holy Spirit is inside us, fulfulling all of our needs . In HIm who is my All in All, I am being sanctified, and with HIm I can do all things...and can please Him. I am now a Senior citizen so life is still a challenge and sins still are in my nature, but the Lord has many promises to help me finish this race in life to win His prize of eternal life...and there is Faith Hope and Charity in Him...and the greatest is His Love..smile

THIS IS A WONDERFUL QUESTION AND READING THE REPLIES OF OTHERS, I SEE THINGS I TOO FEEL. MY HEART FEELS FULL WITH LOVE WHEN I THINK OF WHAT I CAN REPLY. I GREW UP IN A CHURCH THAT PREACHED HELLFIRE AND BRIMSTONE - NOT LOVE. OH I DID HEAR THAT JESUS DIED ON THE CROSS, BUT THERE WAS NEVER REALLY ANY LOVE WITH THAT. IT WAS: "IF YOU DONT DO THIS AND YOU DO THIS YOU WILL GO TO hell!" AS A CHILD I ALSO ALWAYS SANG JESUS LOVES ME THIS I KNOW AND I ALSO WANTED TO BE A LITTLE STAR AND PEARL FOR HIM. AS I GREW UP NOTHING MADE ANY SENSE TO ME IN THIS CHURCH AND WANTED TO FIND A GOD THAT IS LOVE.

I STARTED SEARCHING AND A FRIEND FOUND THE LORD THROUGH LOSING TWO LITTLE GIRLS AND THROUGH THE DEATH OF THESE TWO LITTLE ONES SO MANY FOUND THE LOVE OF JESUS/YESHUA.

I NEVER REALIZED HOW MUCH THE LORD LOVED ME AND IF I WAS THE ONLY ONE ON THIS WORLD HE WOULD HAVE DIED FOR ME. I CAN TRULY SAY I WAS LOST AND NOW I AM FOUND AND WASHED CLEAN BY THE BLOOD OF THE LAMB. I HAVE CHANGED A LOT AND THE LORD IS STILL CHANGING ME. THE ONE THING THAT SEEMS TO BE VERY DIFFICULT IS NOT TO SAY "WHY DO THEY DO THAT?" I WANT TO SAY AND REALLY MEAN IT WITH MY WHOLE HEART "THERE BUT BY THE GRACE OF THE LORD GO I." SO THAT IS A LESSON I AM DEALING WITH RIGHT NOW. HOPEFULLY I WILL LEARN IT QUICKLY AND NOT FORGET IT SO THAT I WONT HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS LESSON AGAIN AT A LATER STAGE. THANK YOU FATHER FOR LOVING ME AND SENDING YOUR SON TO DIE FOR MY SINS! NO OTHER WAY COULD I EVER HAVE MADE IT! I LOVE YOU LORD AND PLEASE PUT THE LOVE IN ME THAT I NEED TO LOVE OTHERS AS YOU LOVE ME!

Q1. (Ephesians 1:7) In what sense have you been "redeemed" from slavery? What do you think your life up to now would have been like if you hadn't been redeemed? What would your future be like without redemption, do you think?

Before accepting Jesus Christ as my Saviour and Lord, as the Way in which I will continue to live my life; I was steeped in drug abuse and immorality. I had hurt many people, and was numb to the fallout of my actions. But one day I was sitting in jail, coming down, and quite frankly coming down hard; and suddenly the only thing that mattered to me was being forgiven. For I had much to be forgiven of. Now, even though I got out of jail, and went back to my previous lifestyle, there was something deposited in me that was not going away. I must have gone back to jail 5 more times after that, but Jesus didn't leave me, even though I may have left Him. He didn't give up on me. I guess that's the predestined part. So redemption, to me, came that time in jail, but real freedom came later, when He finally delivered me from the bondage of drugs. Had I not been redeemed, I might very well be dead, or more likely in prison. Not restored to my family as a mother to my 11 year old son, getting a college degree, and pursuing a normal life with Jesus as my leader, and teacher. I PRAISE YOU JESUS. YOU ARE THE ONLY WAY, WITHOUT YOU LIFE ISN'T WORTH LIVING.

Make no doubt about it. I was totally bound by sin, held captive by the enemy, to do his evil will. The Adversary had complete control over me and I was unable to escape. Jesus paid the price for my freedom at the cross of Calvary, with His shed blood as the perfect sacrifice to the Father. It is there, at the foot of the cross that I was covered by that precious crimson flow, set free from the bondage of sin, covered and given the ability to never willfully sin again.

I was a suicidal, cross addicted fool for the devil. By now he surely would have me bound in hell, condemned to eternal damnation. That was my future had I not be saved by the only One who could save me; the spotless, without blemish and perfect Lamb of God, the only acceptable sacrifice, the Lord Jesus.

Leviticus 17:11; For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that makes an atonement for the soul.

When I think about the word redeem it means to get something back that was taken away. When I accept Christ as my lord and savior and accepted the gift of salvation I was accepted by him. Before I was a slave to sin. My life would be miserable without any joy or peace if I had not been redeemed. I would not have a future without redemption. John 3: 16 says For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. I have a future for eternal life by accepting the gift that God has given me through the blood of his son Jesus Christ.

:) I had lived that life with out Christ for many years, I was in slavery to sin and was going no where. My whole existence was for self. I cared for nothing and no one. what I could get from everything and every one was for me. Then I was introduced to the Saviour by the Holy Spirit all alone feeling rejected by so called friends after the death of my husband. I knew Jesus as a child I wanted that back. I cried from the depths of my heart for that once more. The presence and power of God fell on me in such a way I knew I was freed from the life as I had lived it before. I was forgiven of ALL the horrrible things I had done in my past. His grace was everything to me. I had been redeemed by His blood. The price Christ had paid at the cross was for me. The old life was gone and forgotten under His blood. That is what redeemed means to me. As for the future I have a peace in the depth of my heart and soul and spirit that floods me with joy knowing that when I stand before Christ He will not bring my past up but He will look at me cleansed by His blood and say "Forgiven" What I do with my life up until that day is what I will stand accountable for. Praise God to looked forward to being with Him in Glory. With out redemption I am afraid I would end up in hell.

Question 1: To be redeemed from slavery means to me that Jesus died for my sins on the cross, I would be walking the road with Satan. I would NOT be learning from this Bible study. I would not be going to church every Sunday. If I had not been redeemed and saved my life would be meaningless and void. My future would be void of any joy in the Lord. Thank God for his saving my Lord on the cross. Amen.

Q1a.) (Ephesians 1:7) In what sense have you been "redeemed" from slavery?

Q1a.) From having to stand before a Just and Holy God with my sins not atoned for, and having to face the just punishment for these transgressions before God.

Q1b.) What do you think your life up to now would have been like, if you hadn't been redeemed?

Q1b.) Living in the world, oblivious to the judgement that waited me. Pridefully patting myself on the back for all the good stuff I was doing. How could God not let me in, or not find me righteous?

Q1c.) What would your future be like without redemption, do you think?

Q1a.) "If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire." (Revelations 20:15)

Before I received the Lord Jesus as my saviour, I was a slave to Satan and sin heading for eternal death. But the Lord in His infinite love, mercy and grace came and set me free by paying for my life with His blood shed on the cross. I am free from the death penalty as He actually declared me "not guilty" and thus I am free from serving satan and free from eternal death. Praise God.

If I had not been redeemed or set free, I would have been a slave to satan and sin thus walking into etenal death.

The future without the redemptive work of Christ would have meant doom and eternity in hell after this life ceases; without hope for eternal life with the Lord in heaven.

Q1. (Ephesians 1:7) In what sense have you been "redeemed" from slavery? What do you think your life up to now would have been like, if you hadn't been redeemed? What would your future be like without redemption, do you think?

Without being redeemed I had no power in myself to change myself, the things I wanted to do I could not and the things that I did not want to do the flesh was to weak to stop on my own. I was a slave to the sinful flesh and the lies that Satan fed me daily.

I would have gone on being misery, I remember how hopless I felt that things would ever be any better or any different. The fear as I laid down to sleep no knowing what tomorrow would bring if I never woke up. I had been brought up in church but backslid and knew I would have to face Jesus if I died whether I was ready or not.

There would be no future without redemption. No hope for peace, looking from person to person for love but never finding true love for God is love. Fear at having to face every trial, every death of loved ones and feel no hope of an end of our troubles. Even if you say you don't believe in hell or Heaven one question really lingers what if you're wrong? I have lost nothing by giving my all to God and accepting redeemption but if you don't believe and there is a Heaven and hell then I will gain everything and you will lose by not believing and that will be for eternity.

The slavery of the world defining what is important & how to live. The slavery of self defining what is important and how to live. Jesus said " ..my yoke is easy and my burden is light" I understand what He was saying in light of these verses in Ephesians and in light of being redeemed from slavery.

My life up to now would probably have been more chaotic, less purposed - standards for conduct and involvement different ... more self seeking.

I think a future without redemption would be filled with regret and guilt to the degree of despair and hopelessness and bitterness. Broken relationships and ones not forged because of selfish living. But for the grace of God there go I.

Even knowing that I am redeemed it is still a struggle to make choices that reflect a redeemed life especially in the heat of the moment or in the hurriedness of modern living. A life lived to the Glory of God. Answering these questions really puts it in perspective as far as how these beautiful lofty ideas can make a difference in everyday living.

I believe that it's in a spiritual sense like Paul says in Romans:Ro 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? Ro 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin. I even though I Have given my life to Christ I continue to struggle with the sinful flesh, desires, thoughts, not showing the love of Christ to those who offend me. I have been redeemed in my spirit by the spirit of Christ that has taken up residence in me.

My life would have been far worse than it already is without the love of God to keep pushing and pulling me to him always remaining faithful even though I am un faithful. Jesus is always there loving me drawing me back.

I would have no future the only future I have is the knowledge that I have a lovimg Father who gave His only Son that I might have life. As the song says I am a stranger here I am just passing through, I have a home over on those golden shores that God has prepared for me and all His servants to live and praise Him.

Redemption was the price paid to gain freedom for a slave.Through His death,Jesus paid the price to release us from slavery to sin.If I hadn't been redeemed,most likely I would not be here on this earth.I had a lot of sin in my life and I was heading for sure death.Because of what Jesus did for me I owe everything to Him.

What my future would be like without redeemtion;I would loose everything God had stored up for me,my salvation,grace,and so much more freely given by God through his beloved Son Jesus.

Some people think when the bible talks about riches,their mind gets focused on monies,material things,being physcially rich.""But"what the bible really is speaking about is all the riches God has stored up in heaven is what God wants to give you.If we just open the doors,it will come tumbling out.It is exciting to know that God wants us to have everything he has to offer us.All we have to do is just reach out.

I went off of the subject a little ,but it all ties in to how much God loves us, and reedemed us,and forgiven us from our sins.

Jesus upon His death, redeemed me from "slavery." The things I did that I no longer do, as a Christian If I had not been redeemed, no doubt I would not be the person I am today and where I am today. My future would have been as a lost person, without redemption. He truly redeemed me in 1984, when He redeemed from alcohol and prescription drugs. That to me was true redemption.

I can tell you very easily that I would be caught up in my indulgences if I wasn't redeemed..I was saved only 4 years ago, before that i was a drunk and everything that goes along with that. I am no longer a slave to my indulgences, thanks be to God for giving me the victory through Jesus Christ! To be without redemption is to be without hope! I am dead to sin and alive in Christ!