JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q33. Glory in the Church

• 2 months later...

Our church wants to change! Praise God.

Thank you for this weeks study. I have already made notes for Wed. nights study and prayer. I am switching to Philemon for a couple of weeks so we can be re grounded into the message of forgiveness and generally how a believer must conduct their daily affairs. I will use this message to introduce the message from Paul.

I can only Imagine.

Guest Tabatha

Q4. (Ephesians 3:21) What might be different in your own congregation if bringing glory to God were considered the very most important function of the church? What would be different in your life if bringing God glory was your most important job, bar none?

If the religious spirit was removed from the church and the Holy Spirit was given freedom might make a diference. So many churches today are so concerned with programs and mans agendas they forget to invite Jesus.

I believe God want us to spend more time at the Altar :angry: getting His mind as what His agenda is. I don't believe leadership seek God enough for His plans. Also I believe there should be more time spent worshiping Christ giving Him all the honor. As this is done the Glory will fill the sanctuary. I believe the fellowshipping and visiting should be done outside of the santuary and not idle chit chating in and among the pews. The Churches are weak because they aren't thinking of it being God's House. When Jesus saw the religious money changers He became angry and swept them out and said His house would be a house of prayer Maybe that is what needs to be done today in the House of God. Restore it to His Temple of Glory and not mans

Guest Tabatha

Q4. (Ephesians 3:21) What might be different in your own congregation if bringing glory to God were considered the very most important function of the church? What would be different in your life if bringing God glory was your most important job, bar none

I didn't answer the part about what would be different in my life if bringingGod Glory was my most importand job bar none. I believe it would cause a considerable humbling and it would bring humility to the way i act towards people. It would cause me to think more of what would Christ do in what ever situation I am in. It would help me to think first before opening my mouth to say what erver comes to mind. I would want to try hard to live a beterr and stronger Christian witness to the world. ;)

Q4. (Ephesians 3:21) What might be different in your own congregation if bringing glory to God were considered the very most important function of the church? What would be different in your life if bringing God glory was your most important job, bar none

I didn't answer the part about what would be different in my life if bringingGod Glory was my most importand job bar none. I believe it would cause a considerable humbling and it would bring humility to the way i act towards people. It would cause me to think more of what would Christ do in what ever situation I am in. It would help me to think first before opening my mouth to say what erver comes to mind. I would want to try hard to live a better and stronger Christian witness to the world. ;)

The difference in my church if God's Glory was what was primarily sought, would be, perhaps, fewer "programs," more encouraging each other to growth in Him beginning with ourselves. I know that those relationships with my brothers & sisters in Christ can bring glory to Him too.

Re: My own personal life--I would want Jesus to occupy most of my thoughts--even while working at my job. I can bring glory to Him in those relationships & when I do a good job for my employer. I want to be more a witness for Him. I need to pray each morning that He would show me how I can bring glory to Him.

This is all bringing tears to my eyes, so I need to stop writing here & take it to the Lord. Please grow me, God--for Your Glory!!!

The leaders and parishioners of the church would spend considerable time and effort to see to it that all parishioners are taken care of, have what they need, and feel apart of the community of believers they congregate and share prayer with. Further we would all take a stand in our world for Christian values by living as Christians in every aspect of our lives - standing out in a way that would make thers sit up and take notice, to the extent that they would long for the love and faith that we have and share.

If bringing Glory to God were paramount, the congregation at the Church I worship at would, I believe, ignore the petty rivalries and differences of opinions about order of service etc. These introduced aspects of humanity would no longer be considered worthy of any time being spent on them and the work we're meant to do to spread the Gospel to the unreached would be furthered, there being more time available because of the lack of disputes and defenciing individual agendas.

In my life, I already try to make bringing Glory to God paramount in my life, but being human, I do fail. I've learnt to recognise the times I suffer physical and/or emotional exhaustion are the very times I've striven to fulfill my own agenda rather than to fulfill God's. If I was truly successful at ignoring all other agenda except for God's, I would be spared the energy sapping experiences, and I would likely be empowered to reach even more people. But is this what God wants us to be...does He want us to seem to be invincible, or does He want to demonstrate His Glory through our human weaknesses... showing that despite our faults He deems us worthy to serve Him and others??? I wonder....

We try very hard to make certain that God gets all the glory in our church. Our congregation is minute, being transient, addicted, mentally ill and all the ills of society. There is always the tendency for vain glory in our fleshly state, but putting the Lord first in all that we do has made this ministry to be very blessed. No, not financially, as He simply provides what we need to minister. We are blessed spiritually and are able to give Yahweh and Him alone the glory, for He alone is worthy.

To be able to step out of this earthly vessel and completely shun the world and it's offerings. To conquer the flesh and it's sinful lusts. To keep the devil under my heel. All of that would clear the way for me to live a life of glory to God. I believe that I do not have the knowledge of how awesome that will be. Someday, I will realize the moment.

It will bring a very big different if all people in the Church will give all Glory to God.Because this is Praise ascribed in adoration and honor.

Although there is always room for improvement, I am glad to say that there is a true goal and focus in my pastor's leadership that our most important function is bringing glory to God. It is an energetic, vital atmosphere in which to worship and serve. While we do a lot of things in-house to grow believers, the biggest goal we have is missions and outreach to the lost. I was an active member in another nearby church most all of my life, and it was not that way there. There were too many personal agendas and preferences (and resulting bickering and church splits) that tied up so many efforts to accomplish very much through the years. As a result, the environment was deadened and largely unfruitful. Releasing every desire and plan to God's will and glory makes all the difference!

Oh, that it was possible to personally release every element at all times to the desire of bringing God glory in all things. The greatest difference that immediately comes to mind for myself would probably be my stewardship of time. I'm involved in so many things - good things, but maybe not all God-things. Sometimes I truly wonder if I've really listened to the Spirit's direction on what I should commit to. The demands are often overwhelming and I feel that I miss important opportunities to make an eternal difference in someone's life just because I don't have time to make a visit or chat over a cup of coffee for a few minutes. Remembering to evaluate my commitments by asking myself if this or that thing will magnify God's glory would be a good starting point. He certainly knows how I need to spend my time, and He's promised to order my steps in His way when I take my delight in Him! (Psalm 37:23)

If bringing glory to God were to be the most important fuction of our Church to God; what would be different:

- We would serve and worship God with all our hearts;strength and mind.

- God would be the center of our lives; (we tend to be selfcentered at the moment).

- We would love Him and love one onother more than we do now.

- The Church would be more united without divission based on ethnic and denominational differences.

If bringing glory to God were to be my only purpose for living (IT SHOULD BE); the diffrence:

- I would do only things that will bring glory to God.

Father forgive me because I have not made bringing glory to you my priority. Forgive my Church too.

Q4. (Ephesians 3:21) What might be different in your own congregation if bringing glory to God were considered the very most important function of the church? What would be different in your life if bringing God glory was your most important job, bar none?

If bringing glory to God were considered the very most important function of the church, my own congregation might be tighter in fellowship, more peace, less envy, less strife, and less division among member, more worship songs we sing, more member attending the fellowship

If bringing God glory was your most important job, bar none, my life would be more blessed, more progressive in knowing of God, happier, and humbler before God and other people.

I believe that there would be a lot more involvement from members who are there but never get involved. There would be a lot more movement in the community to help those who are in need and suffering. I would be more prone to speak the gospel to strangers so that they could come to know Christ with out fearing what they would think of me. I would be more forgiving and compassionate to all those around me even those who cut me off in traffic. I would never forget to give thanks to God for all things not just the good things. I would be filled with the Love of God so deep that it would over flow into all my family and friends.

What a wonderful thought, a whole congregation on fire for Christ at one time, we would have to build a bigger church.

What would be different in my congregation would be that it would be less self centerness, less pettyness, a considerable increase in the amount of teaching and we would learn to be more God Centered. I believe we would improve on attendance, performance, which would make everyone in the church feel that they could contribute to the Praising and Glory of God. I try very hard to give all Glory to God in all I do but it can be rough at times remembering that it is for his Glory and not mines. I work on that everyday, trying to become less self centered and more Christ Centered. I know the day will come when I'll finally get it right.

We would see more "miracles" and healings. More worship in the Spirit. More love for mankind and fellow christians. We would all be hard at work doing God's work instead of worrying about our own wants and needs. People would come to get some of what we have , out of curiosity, and get hooked on Jesus. By glorifying God more in the presence of others might affect more salvations. It would be like a contagious disease and others might catch it. We might have our own Pentecost right here in our city and church. I am striving to be more like Christ!!!!

Oh wouldn't be lovely if (some) churches grasped this, especially the one I attend.

It is so hard to get (some) people to grasp of what church is all about. It is a time of rejoicing of what God has done in our lives through the week and a coming together to edify and encourage each other through God's Word and fellowship. But there's an old secular saying that 'you can bring a horse to water but you can't make him drink' it so true (some) people are so caught up in tradition or religousity that they get thirsty then they complain that the service is boring. So I ask you brothers and sisters in Christ to pray for this flock for (some) their eyes and hearts to be opened (including mine) to what glorifying God is all about.

All I can do is to enter worship myself and hopefully others would get the idea. For me glorifying God is important thanking Him for what He is and has done in my life and for the beautiful things, large and small, in this created world he has given to me to cherish and look after.

• 2 weeks later...

If the church focussed on bringing glory to God, then it would go into deep intercession on a much wider basis, so that we might know from God how to do this. every direction would be obeyed immediately. God's presence would be felt immediately upon entering the church, and the fear of the Lord would become apparent as well as the love. Miracles would be standard and people would flock to the church where God's glory was served.

This second question is a most important and difficult question. I too must spend more time in intercession, learning to relate much more to the Holy Spirit, to understand and obey. This I find much easier said than done, not because I am unwilling, but because old mindsets get in the way. God's glory is the ultimate treasure of the earth for which a man sells everything, the beauty of the pearl of great price. God's glory is the untouchable (which man tried to touch in the Garden of Eden, should have been nailed to the tree, but only got thrown out!) Breaking through the old mindsets to attach everything to the Holy Spirit is the important thing for me. I look back in frustration often enough, realising where I have missed the boat. Yes, Father forgives, but I really want to catch the boat! Determination helps. Constant review (not going down in a great guilt heap) helps. Time out with God without a personal agenda is a "taken for granted".

• 2 weeks later...

Q4. (Ephesians 3:21) What might be different in your own congregation if bringing glory to God were considered the very most important function of the church?

Giving God the Glory is very important in my Church and we work hard to make sure that happens. We have several outreach programs where we help those in our community that need our help. God gets all the Glory for the results of those programs. On the other hand, there are a few that like to run things or be in charge of everything and some that don

• 4 weeks later...

EVERYTHING WE DO IN OUR CHURCH SHOULD BE FOR THE GLORY OF GOD.EVERY CHILD WE TEACH,FEEDING THE POOR,BEING A WITNESS FOR JESUS CHRIST,TITHING,WORSHIP AND PRAISE IS BRINGING IN ALL, TO THE GLORY OF GOD.GOD PROVIDES THE WAYS AND MEANS OF EVERY PURPOSE WE FULLFILL FOR GOD,GIVING GOD ALL THE GLORY FOR WHAT EVER HAS BEEN ACCOMPLISHED.

IN MY LIFE I SHOULD SET THE HIGHEST STANDUARD IN EVERYTHING I DO FOR GOD IN GIVING GOD ALL THE PRAISE AND GLORY.I COULD NOT IMAGINE HOW MY LIFE WOULD BE.I AM SURE THIS IS A KEY TO MY LIFE ,SO I CAN GET CLOSER TO GOD.AT ONE TIME I THOUGHT I HAD GOD ALL FIGURED OUT AND I WAS DOING EVERYTHING RIGHT.WHAT I HAVE NOW FOUND OUT ,THE HOLY SPIRIT TEACHES YOU SOMETHING NEW ALL THE TIME,AND THAT YOU SOMETIMES HAVE TO BE TAUGHT, SO YOU CAN BE FILLED WITH MORE OF HIS SPIRIT.

What might be different in your own congregation if bringing glory to God were considered the very most important function of the church?

We would see more life and power in our churches. Our worship would have new meaning. :rolleyes:

What would be different in your life if bringing God glory was your most important job, bar none?

I would have a closer walk with him and see more power in my own life. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

I beleive that when we throw out mans agendas/man made religious and all of it s programs the Holy Spirit can have it way, and then God can come and dwell with His people!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:rolleyes: I believe that when we learn to love like God this is really what brings Him glory. If we did that, throughout the body of Christ, my congregation, your congregation we would all bring God glory and give Him what He desires us to be one big happy family.