JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Tasting Death for Everyone

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His death was sufficient atonement to cover all sin that ever was or will be. And it does cover all for the believer. This is totally dependent on God's unmerited favor(grace) in that we have done nothing, nor can do, anything to deserve His grace. And Christ died for my blackest and most stubborn sin. this implication is Christ is all sufficient to see me home to Glory. It also implies a response from me. So perfect a love calls me to follow and serve Him daily.

Q2. (Hebrews 2:9) In what way did Christ "taste death for everyone"? Why is this so dependent upon God's grace? If Christ died for your blackest and most stubborn sins, what are the implications for you?

God's Grace to us led Christ to His death.Jesus did not come into the world to gain status or political power, but to suffer and die so we could have eternal life, ( " bringing many to Glory" )

God put Jesus in charge of everything, and Jesus revealed Himself to us. We do not yet see Jesus reigning on earth, but we can picture Him in His Heavenly Glory. When you are confused by present events and anxious about the future, remember Jesus' true position and authority. He is Lord of all, and one day He will rule on earth as He does in Heaven. This truth can give stability to your decisions day by day

Not if but when Christ died for my blackest and most stubborn sins, It gave me a freedom of knowing all the lies that had been told me I was no good, worthless, and would never amount to anything that I had believed in growing up as a teenager. I was set free and the Joy of Knowing Christ's grace and love. That He had died for me. I was saved from that pit the Devil had me in. Praise God for His deliverence through the cross and His Grace. AMEN

Q2. (Hebrews 2:9) In what way did Christ "taste death for everyone"?

When Christ suffered death on the cross He did it for everyone who would accept His gift of salvation.

Why is this so dependent upon God's grace?

Way back before the foundation of this world God prepared a plan for man to enter into His eternal rest. He allows Christ's death for man's sin to provide for man's redemption. He didn't have to do it but he did. It is His grace, his amazing grace.

If Christ died for your blackest and most stubborn sins, what are the implications for you?

For me, receive it. I don't deserve it, but, here I am forgiven. Thank you Jesus for your most precious gift of salvation. Help me to share your love so others can taste of your love.

Q2. (Hebrews 2:9) In what way did Christ "taste death for everyone"? Why is this so dependent upon God's grace? If Christ died for your blackest and most stubborn sins, what are the implications for you?

In what way did Christ "taste death for everyone"?

Again, as I said in Q1, there is no better way to say it than this in Isa. 53:3-11

3 He was despised and rejected by men,

a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering.

Like one from whom men hide their faces

he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

4 Surely he took up our infirmities

and carried our sorrows,

yet we considered him stricken by God,

smitten by him, and afflicted.

5 But he was pierced for our transgressions,

he was crushed for our iniquities;

the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,

and by his wounds we are healed.

6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray,

each of us has turned to his own way;

and the LORD has laid on him

the iniquity of us all.

7 He was oppressed and afflicted,

yet he did not open his mouth;

he was led like a lamb to the slaughter,

and as a sheep before her shearers is silent,

so he did not open his mouth.

8 By oppression [a] and judgment he was taken away.

And who can speak of his descendants?

For he was cut off from the land of the living;

for the transgression of my people he was stricken.

9 He was assigned a grave with the wicked,

and with the rich in his death,

though he had done no violence,

nor was any deceit in his mouth.

10 Yet it was the LORD's will to crush him and cause him to suffer,

and though the LORD makes [c] his life a guilt offering,

he will see his offspring and prolong his days,

and the will of the LORD will prosper in his hand.

11 After the suffering of his soul,

he will see the light of life [d] and be satisfied [e] ;

by his knowledge [f] my righteous servant will justify many,

and he will bear their iniquities.

We must see it as Paul saw it, take it to heart as he did and see that in all things we must be dependent on the grace of God. That in the end of things we are redeem by the blood of Christ and only in that blood shall we dwell with the riches of His grace.

Eph 1:3-8

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, 4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, 5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, 6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He has made us accepted in the Beloved. 7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace.

If Christ died for your blackest and most stubborn sins, what are the implications for you?

Forgiven,

Col 2:12-14

And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, 14 having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.

Accepted by my Heavenly Father

Eph 1:5-7

to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He has made us accepted in the Beloved.

Released from the fear of death.

Heb 2:14-15

Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, 15 and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

By his death on the cross for our sins, he suffered death for everyone. God allows Christ's death for sin to substitute for our own is clearly "by the grace of God," not due to any merit of our own. I am saved from the penalty of all my sins because of this and truly thank God for hid blessings. My desire is to help as many others as I can know this wonderful truth.

By his death on the cross for our sins, he suffered death for everyone. God allows Christ's death for sin to substitute for our own is clearly "by the grace of God," not due to any merit of our own. I am saved from the penalty of all my sins because of this and truly thank God for his blessings. My desire is to help as many others as I can know this wonderful truth.

He took our sin debt apon Himself and died on the cross so that we could have eternal life with Him and the Father. Onl God can substitute something in place of our sins. He is the one who we sin against and He alone is Judge, so only He can say what it takes for us to become right in His sight. His Grace alone chose Christ as our Saviour and Redeemer with out the Grace of God we would still be in our sins.

It implies that not only do I need to be thankful that Christ chose to die for me but that I also should be greatful that God would pardon me and give me the strength to seek to follow after Christ and worship the Father and be in right standing with Him. If I continue in my sins I am rejecting the pain and suffering that Jesus suffered for me and am rejecting Him as my Lord and Saviour. I need to always remember what He has done for me and when I stumble seek to ask His forgiveness and give Him the praise and glory that He deserves as my Lord and Saviour.

Adam "tasted" the fruit that brought death with it. It would take another man to taste death and not be defeated by it. Holy Jesus could not be compromised on this earth Holiness is all about lack of compromise! The verses here tell a story, namely: I should have been on that cross, nailed to it. I'm not. Jesus has taken my place. He cannot be bought by satan, and he is offering me His freedom from compromise, from sin. I can have it through Him and Him alone. there is only one reason. He loves me unreasonably! He overlooks my sin and offers me His rights. This is mercy indeed. God could have done many things to compensate for our having become sinful men. he didn't. His focus is on us, and on rescuing us, his creation, Life.

The implications of my blackest sins is that I am not worthy of life and ought to die. When I consider my sins, I can see this is a clear cut, open and shut case! I am worthy of death and justice says I must die. In order to escape the death sentence I am dependent on the mercy of the totally just judge. But Jesus has offered His blood so that if I become "His" by offering my life to Him in return for His, then I may get through on His ticket. He becomes my BLOOD BROTHER! There is no other way!

Jesus Christ was the final atonement for sin. He shed his blood and this is the only payment for sin that covers for enternity, unlike the sin offering of the law, which is temporary. Grace, because this payment comes from God not from man. Everlasting, because He is everlasting. For everyone, because God has no boundries.

What is the implication for me? A soldier said of tomorrow's battle, "I cannot let the fear of death cripple me from doing my duty." Christ's ressurection has removed the fear of death and no longer cripples me from doing what is right. I no longer need to get all that this life offers, instead I have traded what this life offers for the promise of the next.

Darrell

Christ became our substitute..He died for us...He paid our price for sin.

We cannot be a sacrifice for sin because we are not sinless...only Christ could meet the requirements.

Christ died for all my sins..I am free..the price is paid..I am His...bought with the greatest price ever given.

Rom. 8:1 There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus..He made this possible.

By being our final sacrifice for sin Christ died for us all in that we were (or are) dead in our sins. Had not the Father extended His grace to us the Son would not have made the sacrifice. Since Our Lord and Savior paid such a great price for my redemption the very least that I could do is die to sin and self and allow Him to have dominion over my life, in every aspect.

In the Old Testament , people offered animals as sacriices for their sins. Christ the sinnles servant of the Lord offered Himself for our sins. He is the Lamb who offered for the sins of all people. The Messiah suffered for our sake , bearing our sins to make us acceptable to God. That was Very Great Love .

The only adequate respond we can make to serch Great Love is that , we confess our sins and gratefully accept the fact that Jesus paid for them so we wouldn't have to.

Christ is Holy and without sin. He lovingly obeyed His father and sacrificed His own life and suffered such physical and spiritual agonies on the Cross for us, in our place. He tasted death for us, that we deserved, not He. He felt total disconnection with His Father during those agonizing hours, so that we would have the choice of never being separated from, or forgotten by God. Our redemption from our sins through the death and resurrection of God's son, could ONLY take place because God willed it. It is only by His grace that it is possible for us to receive forgiveness and redemption, as there is absolutely nothing any of us could ever do to earn this gift. I owe it to our Lord and Saviour to accept my suffering here on earth and to allow it to remind me how loved I am as His child, that He would so willingly suffer so much more, so that I can have the privelege, through God's grace, to enter Eternal Life with Him when my last day comes.

Adam "tasted" the fruit that brought death with it. It would take another man to taste death and not be defeated by it. Holy Jesus could not be compromised on this earth Holiness is all about lack of compromise! The verses here tell a story, namely: I should have been on that cross, nailed to it. I'm not. Jesus has taken my place. He cannot be bought by satan, and he is offering me His freedom from compromise, from sin. I can have it through Him and Him alone. there is only one reason. He loves me unreasonably! He overlooks my sin and offers me His rights. This is mercy indeed. God could have done many things to compensate for our having become sinful men. he didn't. His focus is on us, and on rescuing us, his creation, Life.

The implications of my blackest sins is that I am not worthy of life and ought to die. When I consider my sins, I can see this is a clear cut, open and shut case! I am worthy of death and justice says I must die. In order to escape the death sentence I am dependent on the mercy of the totally just judge. But Jesus has offered His blood so that if I become "His" by offering my life to Him in return for His, then I may get through on His ticket. He becomes my BLOOD BROTHER! There is no other way!

Helenmm: Thankyou. What a wonderful way to put it.

Christ is holy and without sin. He lovingly obeyed His father and sacrificed His own life and suffered such physical and spiritual agonies on the Cross for us, in our place.He tasted the death for us, that we deserved, not Him. He felt a total disconnection with His Father during those agonizing hours, so that we would have the choice of never being sparated from, or forgotten by God. Our redemption from our sins throuth the death and resurrection of God's son, could ONLY take place because God willed it. It is only by His grace that it is possible for us to receive forgiveness and redemption, as there is absolutely nothing any of us could ever do to earn this gift. I owe it to our Lord and Saviour to accept my suffering here on earth, to allow it to remind me how loved I am as His child - that He would so willingly suffer so much more so that I can have the privelege, through God's grace, to enter Enternal Life with Him when my last day comes.

Q2. (Hebrews 2:9) In what way did Christ "taste death for everyone"?

By his suffering he tasted death for us all. He suffered the "substitututionary atonement". A death in behalf of us sinners.

Because all things must be according to God's will . God's grace allowed Christs' death for the atonement of our sins.

That we may no longer be held bound by the bondage of our sins. Christ's death was the ultimate atonement for our sins freeing us from the captivity of our sins. We are no longer held down by sin in bondage.

Christ tasted death for everyone in that everyone's sins were on Him when He was on the cross. He paid the debt we owed.

This is totally due to God's grace--His willingness & desire to love each person & pay their sin debt. Something totally not earned by us!!

He did pay for my deepest, darkest sins. I am free from the bondage of sin & free to do the right thing--the real "right to choose!!" I only have to accept His gift.

Jesus Christ took on the sins of the whole world.He took on Death so that we we could have Eternal Life.When He rose from the dead he defeated Death so that we could experience Eternal Life .Death was no more we could enter into a new and abiding life with Jesus.Through HIm taking on my darkest sins,and defeating their power through the blood, I am able to have access to the Father,and live in fellowship with HIm. My response to this must be to Love and Serve the Lord in a greater way.

He did this as a representative of all human beings. So Paul stress the fact when he compare Jesus with Adam by stating the Jesus is the Second Adam.

It is because of the self giving sacrifice of Jesus which proves the unconditional love of God. God's love is greater than we could comprehend. It is out of His grace that we are saved inspite of the fact that we don't deserve it.

I have to be more thankful to Him less I become just like a dumb fool. The first thing that strike my mind is whether I deserve such good acts for me! Jesus Christ had done so much for me why should I stop doing something good for glorifying Him!

He did this by taking his cross up on the hill and allowing us to put him to death. he made the ultimate sacrifice.The jews would make sacrifices of animals on the alter for the forgiveness of their sins. God did the same thing according to his law but instead of an animal GOD sacrificed HIS only son and he did it through his loving grace not because we asked or even wanted he did it because he loves us. if he did it for my worst sins then I am allowed salvation just the same as anyone else.

In John 1:29, John informs us that Jesus is the Perfect Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world. He was given as the perfect sacrifice, the atonement for our sins, for everyone who beleives and receives Him as their Saviour.

This is God's grace, as the acromyn spells out:

God's

Riches

At

Christ's

Expense

Yes He did die for my blackest, most stubborn sins, even though I didn't deserve it, and I totally give my all back to Him as He gave His all for me.

Praise His name

Jesus tasted what we were suppose to taste and that was death. We were the sinners. He was made human for this very purpose. Salvation is through Jesus Christ. If Christ sufferd we too will have to suffer temptation and some type of persecution. We are on a journey and on this journey there will be trials and tribulations. All is not lost we can be victorious, Jesus has shown us the way. At the end of this race we will have eternal life if we remain faithful.

He was made lower than the angels and was a substitutionary atonement for us and our sin. He became human to save us the misery and pain ( because of His love for us) and because of God's grace He allowed Him to be our substitute. Christ died for all our sins not just the blackest & stubborn. Sin is sin especially if it does not line up with the ways of Christ. We only need to ask forgiveness & gain salvation to acquire eternal life. Jesus suffered all for all who will accept Him and keep faith in Him ONLY.