JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• 5 weeks later...

Q5. (Hebrews 5:9) In verse 9, what does "made perfect" refer to, since it obviously isn't talking about Jesus' moral growth and perfection? (Hint: The word teleioō means "bring something to its goal or accomplishment.")

"made perfect," refer to Jesus completing the purpose of His mission. His mission was completed with his death, followed by his resurrection and exaltation to His place on the right hand o f God the Father.

Jesus was made perfect through the suffering He had to go through in each step in this imperfect world, remaining sinless, to complete the mission God sent Him on--to become our perfect sacrifice for our sins.

Q5. (Hebrews 5:9) In verse 9, what does "made perfect" refer to, since it obviously isn't talking about Jesus' moral growth and perfection? (Hint: The word teleioō means "bring something to its goal or accomplishment.")

In the Bible perfection usually means completeness or maturity, Christ shared our human experience completely.

" Made perfect" is teleioo which expresses the idea of fulfillment of reaching a goal. " To overcome or supplant an imperfect state of things by one that is free from objection.

Jesus's goal was to accomplish all that the Father sent Him to earth for, He did that by showing us how to live, grow, and mature into examples of Him. So that in the last days we would be ready to bring the harvest in and the Father would see the reflection of Jesus in us.

Jesus Christ was humble, willing to give up His rights in order to obey God and serve people. Like Christ, we should have a servant's attitude, serving out of love for God and for others, not out of guilt or fear. Rember , you can choose your attitude. You can approach life expecting to be served or you can look for opportunities to serve others.

( Hebrews 12; 27-29 ) Eventually the world will crumble and only God's kingdom will last. Those who follow Christ are part of this unshakable kingdom; and they will withstand the shaking, sifting, and burning, When we feel unsure about the future, we can take confidence from these verses. No matter what happens here, our future is built on a solid foundation that cannot be destroyed. Don't put your confidence in what will be destroyed; instead, build your life on Christ and His unshakable kingdom.

9.once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him

It means that He finished the work that the Father gave Him to do, dying for our sins that we could come to know the grace and Love of the Father. He was already perfect and when He rose He made the entrance in to salvation perfect for us He made the path we are to follow that we may be made perfect in Him.

I love this quote from Catherine Booth, co founder of The Salvation Army;

"I don't beleive in any religion apart from the doing the will of God"

As Jesus was made perfect by fulfilling His accomplishment, we, too will be made perfect by fulfilling our accomplishment in our own walk by doing the will of God in/ and for our lives.

In this instance, Jesus has been made complete as in entire, as to being devine and human, still without spot or blemish, having had the full benefit of all of the trials of a man. For this reason He is the ideal judge and mediator having the entire perspective of flesh and spirit. He has attained the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

Q5. (Hebrews 5:9)

In verse 9, what does "made perfect" refer to, since it obviously isn't talking about Jesus' moral growth and perfection? (Hint: The word teleioō means "bring something to its goal or accomplishment.")

He overcome all sin/temptation - He passed the test - He fulfilled what He came to earth to do for mankind. He became the One for eternal salvation

He endured the sins of men. He suffered to the end. He overcame death, became perfect through obedience and became our source for eternal life. Praise God for Salvation!! So what is a little suffering compared to what Jesus went through for us so we could have eternal life?!

Made Perfect is reffering to Completeness or maturity. Christ was always morally perfect. By obeying, He demonstrated His perfection to us, not to God or to Himself.

By sharing our experience of suffring, Christ shared our human experience completely.

Made perfect refers to made perfect be the source or author of eternal salvation for and and the high priest on behalf of us. The result of Jesus's obdience to God through his sufferings and death he was made perfect be our eternal salvation and high priest on behalf of us.

Christ's being made perfect was through His death, resurrection and exaltation to being our High Priest, sitting at God's right hand. Christ's total obedience to His Father, brought God's plan for us to completion. Christ was already Holy and without sin and as such was the only one who could ever complete this mission for God. Christ came to earth, took on our human form and suffered on the cross for all of our sins, and His suffering was part of His obedience to His Father, and all for our sake. Christ brought to completion God's perfect plan for us, and He was made perfect, as well as making us perfect in our human form, through our acceptance and faith in God our Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We need to thank Him every day of our lives.

Made Perfect here is meaning compeleteness or maturity.

Christ was always moral perfect. By obeying, He demonstrated His Perfection to us, not to God or Himself.

By sharing our experience of suffering, Christ shared our human experience completely. He is now able to offer eternal Salvation to those who obey Him.

Q5. (Hebrews 5:9) In verse 9, what does "made perfect" refer to, since it obviously isn't talking about Jesus' moral growth and perfection? (Hint: The word teleioō means "bring something to its goal or accomplishment

Jesus' ministry and purpose for being on earth as a man to experience suffering as we do, and becoming a perfect obedient example for us to follow, was just the fulfillment of His goal to accomplish for us the gift of Salvation from our sins, so our Father would accept us and forgive us of our sins. His goal was accomplished and His work was "finished"...in perfection.

It means here, "to overcome or supplant an imperfect state of things by one that is free from objection, bring to an end, bring to its goal/accomplishment

Jesus was made perfect because of His great work here on earth and His submission to His Father will and by becoming the Author of eternal salvation.

According to this verses here from chapter 4 through chapter 5 and part of 6 we see that to be;

"made perfect" comes with a new meaning and understanding and appears to come into completion only after we get to Heaven into the presence of the Our Heavenly Father.

So, this is the work we must complete here on earth, not only in spreading the good news, but succeeding in walking out our salvation, accomplishing our goals set before us through trials and through our own suffering by continuing to love Him and obey Him to the end.

Statements of faith I recall here in success are:

Jesus said,

* John 17:44

I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do.

* John 19:30

So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, "It is finished!" And bowing His head,

He gave up His spirit.

Paul said,

* 2 Tim 4:7-8

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Finally,

there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge,

will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.

This is the promise we hope for as saints of Jesus Christ " made perfect in Him"

Rev 22:12-14

12 "And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last." 14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.

Not only have we achieved being "made perfect" , but we have enter into God's eternal rest.

One thing we all want to hear and reaching our goal through Him will cause us one day to hear

"Well Done Good and Faithful Servant"

Perfection was completed by His suffering and becoming our High Priest. His obedience brought Him to the cross, bringing to fulfillment the work Jesus came to do.

Q5. (Hebrews 5:9) In verse 9, what does "made perfect" refer to, since it obviously isn't talking about Jesus' moral growth and perfection? (Hint: The word teleioo means "bring something to its goal or accomplishment.")

The phrase having been perfected, or made perfect does not mean that Jesus had not been perfect before. It means that He successfully carried out God

• 4 weeks later...

Jesus was made perfect in that what He was born to do He accomplished. When He was on the cross, and He said