JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• 1 month later...

Q2. According to Hebrews 3:13 and 10:24-25, what should be a prime motive for meeting together with other Christians?

The prime motive for Christians meeting together should be to encourage each other as we are admonished in the following verses.

"But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness." (Heb. 3:13)

" ... But let us encourage one another -- and all the more as you see the Day approaching." (Heb. 10:25)

What is our usual motivation?

Our usual motivation is what can we get. How will I benefit?

Why do Christians so often get out of the habit of attending church or a small group?

Christians often get out of the habit of attending church or small group because they fail to see it as a command of God.

How can we help these individuals?

We can help these individuals by encouraging them to stay strong in the study of and their duty to obey the Word of God.

• 1 month later...

Q2. According to Hebrews 3:13 and 10:24-25, what should be a prime motive for meeting together with other Christians? What is our usual motivation? Why do Christians so often get out of the habit of attending church or a small group? How can we help these individuals?

1) According to Hebrews 3:13 and 10:24-25, what should be a prime motive for meeting together with other Christians?

* Our prime motive for one another is to encourage towards "love and good deeds".

2) What is our usual motivation?

* That we go for ourself and keep to our self.

3) Why do Christians so often get out of the habit of attending church or a small group?

* Because people often attend church or small groups based on whether it meets their own needs

and so often they stop because if the church or the small groups don't focus on them and their

needs they will leave offended and go from church to church or small group to small group and

soon they will leave and most fall away from the truth. It is the responsibility of the church or

small group to teach these principles often so growth can come and most often when a person

gains this knowledge and they understand their gifts and callings they will step up and grow in

love and learn to encourage others.

Let us also add this verse of scripture to this study,

Hosea 4:6

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge;

Some times all it takes is love, giving of time and wisdom with out condemtation.

4) How can we help these individuals?

* First of all by living simple, truthful and un religious. Be watchful and when you see ones like this

get to know them and understand them and then teach them. Help them see who they are in

Christ first and that they are a value to the kingdom with their gifts and callings and once they can

see themselves doing the work of the ministry and teaching others by example then they will

welcome the Sundays and Wednesdays and give of their time to others.

Most are lost because they are ignored because of what they look like or don't look like, they

don't have the flare or money others have and etc, and etc.

Look at John the Baptist and if he had not known who he was in Christ and his calling and had

he not gotten out there filled his calling then that prophesy would not have been fore filled

and look how many people would have been lost!

This is important to me that we all stop and see that Religion can destroy or it can save a nation or generation.

The word here is like a water fall, it can come down at a great force, but its how it spreads out into the pond and inhabits the body around it.

Q2. According to Hebrews 3:13 and 10:24-25, what should be a prime motive for meeting together with other Christians? What is our usual motivation? Why do Christians so often get out of the habit of attending church or a small group? How can we help these individuals?

The Prime motive for meeting together with other Christians is to prevent having an unbelieving heart . Stay in fellowship with other believers. Talk daily about your mutual faith, be aware of the deceitfulness of sin. ( it attracts and destroys ) and encourage each other with love and concern. We may worship together.

To neglect Christian meetings is to give up the encouragement and help of other Christians.WE gather together to share our faith and to strengthen one another in the Lord. As we get closer to the " Day" when Christ will return, we will face many spiritual struggles, and even times of persucution. Anti-Christian forces will grow in strength. Difficulties should never be excuses for missing church services. Rather, as difficulties arise, we should make an even greater effort to be faithful in attendance.

So often People don't attend church based on whether it meets their own needs. That attitude is selfish and contrary to the direct command of scripture. We should be attending to worship God and encourage our Christian brothers and sisters. When we abandon regular Christian fellowship we hurt ourselves. Even more we deprive others of the gifts and ministries God has given to us on their behalf in a sacred trust.

Many Christians stop attending churches also because of hurts and offenses. They have been betrayed through prayer groups or gossip. Mostly babies or immuture christians that are not grounded in the word, or have a good relationship with the Lord. Unforgiveness, critical, judgemental, bitter spirit has growen in them, they don't trust people. Also they have lost their faith in God.

By helping these individuals we must pray for them and try to reach out in love and forgiveness. We are not to reject them and push them aside. Listen to their hurts and pour Jesus Love into them. Try and see these ones through the eyes of Jesus. We don't know what kind of background they had before coming to church or what kind of home life they may have. "Go after that one and leave the 99."

Heb.3:13But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

Heb.10:24And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

Heb.10:25Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

To praise and give Glory to God. To up lift one another, to help each other through love and the gifts God has given each one of us. To help each other to renew and strengthen our faith as we know the day is approaching fo r the return of Christ.

Our usual motivation is for justg getting togeather and renewing old friendships. For seeing friends once a week and meeting with faimly for faimly visits.

They start justifying it with I don't need to go this week I can catch up and that becomes two week then three. They feel they have no need to share with others they can make it own their own, without help. They don't feel worthy they see themselves as not being good enough to be with other christians.

We need to reach out to them maybe through phone calls or visits to l et them know they are missed and they to can be a blessing to other who are in the same trial and struggles as they. That their prayers and pettions are heard by the Father just as anyone else. That we all must stand to geather in faith because their is strength in numbers when one falls who it there to pick him up, we should all be there when a brother falls or is being tempted to incourage and strengthen him so that none are lost.

To neglect Christian meetings is to give up the encouragement and help of other Christians. We gather together to share our faith and to strengthen one another in the Lord. As we get closer to the day when Christ will return, we will face many spiritual struggles, and even times of persecutions. Anti-Christians forces will grow in strength. Difficulities should never be excuses for missing church services. Rather, as difficulties arise, we should make an even greater effort to be faithful in attendance.

Those individuals who neglect meeting with other brethren should be strengthened and told to keep on going for the day of the Lord is near.

We should personally need to meet together regularly with other Christians, so that we can encourage each other and not miss the opportunity to use the gifts and ministries God has given us on each others behalf in a sacred trust. Quite often we attend church with the priority of having our needs met first. When we miss going to church, with all of our excuses, we harm ourselves and we weaken our own resolve to attend regularly -- the very thing Satan is waiting for. This could lead us onto the wrong road to be on, of self-serving existence - a way that is never permanently successful. We can be there for each other to take each others spiritual hand to guide us back to the pathway to God.

The prime motive for meeting together as Christians is to stir up one another to love and good works, to spur each other on, to even go so far as to provoke one another to good works. Exhortation is not mild but energetic, dynamic, provocative, possibly demanding. Paul says "the more so as we see the day approaching". These days we can certainly see the day approaching, so the mutual provocation should be strong, selfless, led by example, urgent.

Our usual motivation is to supplement our own lifestyles with quality friendship, mutual support and admiration. In other words it is extremely self-centred. If someone offends us we go off to another church where we think offence may be less and support may be stronger - it won't be.

If we find that we are not honoured for al the wisdom that we have gained over the years (aren't given the status we think we deserve) that we become dis-satisfied and stop attending because we are not getting enough attention. I've seen this happen so many times. An elder in our church recently suffered some high level abuse and I thought it was too much and that she would leave. Imagine my joy, that with a bit of support she was able to consider the higher call of God on her life to remain there and continue to serve Jesus, because that was her calling. This is the stern stuff that is required in Christians today. We are here to honour our God first and foremost. In doing so He will be able to strengthen us to deal with whatever comes along and continue to glorify Him with our obedience.

To help Christians who are failing to meet with others we need to remind them of God's commandment, and their need to obey it in spite of whatever has disapppointed them about the church and its people. Their strength is needed. They will find their ministry to others within the church body even if they lack the status they think they deserve. There are always people to whom they can minister. Tlhere are always ways in which they can serve and bring benefit to the community of saints and we are commanded to prefer others above ourselves, especially those of the faith. We need to confront them with the fact that they are in disobedience if not meeting for praise and worship, or constantly changing churches. It's the overcomers that receive rewards in Heaven, not the ones who found their rewards on earth. We need to speak the harder parts of the Gospel so that people might not fall away in ignorance, but choose Life. Truly Jesus offers lots of comfort, but He also calls us to carry our crosses. There are two sides to this coin! It's called tough love. Jesus was a tough man with no place to lay His head and a tough goal up front to accomplish. We are called to have the same tough qualities, while losing nothing of our loving kindness, patience and gentleness, speaking the Truth in Love! The Truth will survive, even if we don't! Let us cling to it.

Like any team Christians need one another for building faith, unity, morale, strength and spiritual growth.

What motivates us should be our hunger to worship, praise and togetherness with the Lord. One hundred and twenty people praying together allowed the Lord to change history and gave Him the opportunity to dwell within His people now and forevermore.

The flesh is the vehicle to stops people from fellowship with their brothers and sisters. Those that are weak in the faith will surely give way to carnal desires and fall away. I witnessed this far too many times. Very sad.

Equally disheartening is the difficulty in bringing backsliders into the fold. It is better to be aware of those who need support and work with them before they are lost. Most importantly, lots of prayer is needed, another advantage of assembling ourselves together.

According to Hebrews 3:13 and 10:24-25, what should be a prime motive for meeting together with other Christians? What is our usual motivation? Why do Christians so often get out of the habit of attending church or a small group? How can we help these individuals?

The prime motive for meeting together should be two-fold; the first reason to attend church should be the love of God. The second reason is the love of others.

When I first started attending church I was seeking something, I didn't know what, but I knew the life I had was missing something. I found that something in the love of God. It was a love that none had shown me before (except my mother). It was an unconditional, self sacrificing, unlimited love which I found in Jesus. Now how could I not attend church knowing that kind of love? Matt. 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."

The reason I continue to attend church is to share that love which I found in Christ. Not by just showing up but by encouraging others and giving part of myself whether in labor or time.

The reason people quit going to church is the lack of love by the so called Christians not the lack of love from God.

Darrell

The prime message coming through these texts is for us to continually be steadfast in our gatherings to build up, exhort each other less some hearts will be hardened and fall into sin.

So unfortunate the motives today are for selfish gain, gossip, murmuring.

More and more people are getting apostate, or even thinking they don't need it, things are going sweet.

Continually pray for them, encouraging them to keep soaking in Gods Word. The analogy of a piece of coal [person] which is taken out of the fireplace [fellowship] eventually goes stone cold but if kept in the fireplace the coal will continually glow and radiate with the rest.

To encourage one another in our faith , with love and good deeds.

If they have a need or are in need of prayer.

Because they are too worldly, ie; T.V.; events of everyday living, laziness, lack of interest, or it is not something that is of to their liking.

Pray for them and invite them, encourage them to come and see what it is about before judging, let them know what they are missing.

In addition to corporate worship, praise and prayer, the writer of Hebrews is exhorting the Christian audience he is writing to not to forsake the assembly, but to meet to encourage and built up one another towards love and good deeds on a daily basis.

Today, people, not always Christians, meet at church to be blessed and/or have their needs met. Christians get out of the habit of attending church and other church meetings because they are distracted by the world and selfishness.

We can help these individuals by praying for them and by encouraging them to attend church.

Q2. According to Hebrews 3:13 and 10:24-25, what should be a prime motive for meeting together with other Christians?

Our prime motives for meeting together with other Christians should be for fellowship, lifting each other up, encouraging each other daily and loving each other.

Our usual motivation is selfish, we are motivated by our own needs.

Why do Christians so often get out of the habit of attending church or a small group?

Chrisitans often get out of the habit of attending church or a small group because they usually forget what they are attending for in the first place. Usually if one's own desire aren't met we tend to roam and become lost.

How can we help these individuals?

We can help these individuals by encouraging them, inviting them to attend, sharing the word of God with them....showing them that they have a place in the house of the Lord too.

1) The Bible commands us to meet together with Christians often. We should encourage believers to keep their minds on God and learn to love each other and doing good.

2) Most people have only personal reasons so that they can gain something from meeting together.

3) For different reason, like someone says something that they don't like or other things in the outside world interests them more.

4) We have to keep encouraging them. Find out what is keeping them out of church or a group. Find things that will keep them interested.

The prime motive for meeting together is worshipping God. We worship God when we obey his commandments. He wants us to encourage each other & has given us gifts so we can do this.

Our usual motivation is "me" and what can I get out of it?

Christians get out of the habit because they choose other activities and don't stop to think about being an encourager of others.

We can help them by praying for them & inviting them to join in.

• 2 weeks later...

I think to be considerate of our fellow christians to continue to encourage them each time we gather, so that if they are perhaps feeling discouraged, they will be lifted up by a kind word of genuine love. This attitude keeps them stimulated to stay in the race and pass the finish line in eternity. You never know what your fellow christians may be going through, if they are not willing to share. Some folks keep things bottled up and even if they turn to the Lord, they still need human companionship and touch. When we study together, this is encouraging as well because we take what we learn and apply it in our lives together and keeps our wells full so that we can share with folks who don

To Worship God and to encourage our sisters and brothers in Christ and to receive encouragement from them.

To see and be seen and to see what

Our prime motive for meeting with other Christians should be to exhort one another, to encourage each other to love and good deeds, and to encourage one another daily so that none will become hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.

Our usual motivation is to attend a church or fellowship with other believers in order to get our own needs met.

Some Christians get out of the habit of attending church or a small group because they may feel their needs aren't being met. Often they may find or get involved in another activity that interests them more.

We can help these individuals by praying for them and inviting them to church activity or a bible study.

We are supposed to exhort one another. Usually we meet together for personal reason; we are lonely, we are bored, it a social thing that impresses others.

We often stop going to church due to: we been offended, we don

Q2. According to Hebrews 3:13 Exhort yourselves each day, as long as it is being called today, that not any of you be hardened by the deceit of sin.

and 10:24-25 And let us consider one another, to incitement of love and of good works,

not forsaking the assembling together of ourselves, as is the custom of some, but exhorting, and by so much more as you see the Day drawing near.

what should be a prime motive for meeting together with other Christians?

Exhort means,( parakaleo to call near, that is, invite, (be of good) comfort, desire, (give) pray.)

It is most important we exhort one another with acts of love and good works, encouraging each other daily to continue to trust in the living God, to fight the good fight, for Satan is out to trip God's people up, as he did in the Garden. -- Remember, sin, is sin, and it seperates us from fellowship with God.

Sin that is practiced is the same as shaking our fist in God's face saying," I want to do what I want to do," as they did in the time of the Judges, "they did what was right in their own eyes." God had to deal with that until they repented. I see this same thinking in America and in many of our churches today. This isn't the reason Christ came, so we can do what we want to do, he came to give us life, and that life is to have fellowship with God Almighty.

Don't let Satan deceive the church with the deception it no longer matters to God if we obey His commands, it does matter! This is why Jesus tore the veil, so God's laws can be written on our hearts and on our minds, so sin will not hearden our soul towards God and His righteousness.

Our main reason is to worship God and by so doing we are refreshed by the Spirit to continue to follow after Him and to help others on the road, for the road is narrow.

Why do Christians so often get out of the habit of attending church or a small group? How can we help these individuals?

The church is instructed to be diligent in helping each other through difficult times and through the weaknesses of the flesh. We do this by being there when needed, and with a helpful Word of encouragement. It is sad to say, but, often we hear words of criticism instead of encouragement.

The reason I hear most often of why people don't go to church is, hypocrisy. Romans 12:9 Let love be without hypocrisy. Paul pointed out that sincere unhypocritical love is one of the marks of Christian ministry. I think the church must understand, God knows all, He sees what is in our hearts, let it not be "hypocrisy"

The prime motive for meeting together with other Christians is to worship and thank the Lord for whom He is and all He has done for us; and to encourage each other on in their Christian lives to grow and mature in the Lord until the Day of His Second Coming. Our usual motivation, which leads to not attending church or a small group meeting, is the selfish notion that we attend so that God will bless us, not so we can bless Him and the others who are attending. Probably this is one of the main reasons why some people get out of habit of attending church; but another one is by pure laziness

• 2 weeks later...

What should be a prime motive for meeting together with other Christians? What is our usual motivation? Why do Christians so often get out of the habit of attending church or a small group?

the reason for us coming together is that we motivate each other in love and in good deeds,we encourage one another in the Word and to pray for one another.We are to love our neighbor as we love ourself cause that is what god says in the bible.We are not to give up on fellowship with others because it keeps us on the path of righteousness.Christians we tend to leave or we go because it meets our own needs or we say what can God do for me but we are to go because it helps our relationship with God grow daily